Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Honey Trap

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I just wondered how many men think they may have fallen into one at some point and how many woman would admit to having tried setting one up?.

I wonder if it works the other way?

Me I a few years ago didn't set up a trap but did set up a 2 nd profile with no pics and very little on it , I was really surprised by some of the messages I got from guys who I had already spoken to on my real account and how their preferences had changed... I deleted account after I think 5 hrs and thinking about it now I suppose it was a trap cos I didn't meet a couple of guys after that.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yup been there and set one up.. he 'passed'.. i never forgave myself for doing it.

over a year ago

"yup been there and set one up.. he 'passed'.. i never forgave myself for doing it."

Would you ever do it again or do you think lesson learnt ?

over a year ago

"yup been there and set one up.. he 'passed'.. i never forgave myself for doing it.

Would you ever do it again or do you think lesson learnt ? "

Never do it again, hated the guilty feeling knowing id attempted to see if he would trip up. I came clean a few month down the line and it pretty much killed what was a really good thing at the time.

over a year ago

"yup been there and set one up.. he 'passed'.. i never forgave myself for doing it.

Would you ever do it again or do you think lesson learnt ?

Never do it again, hated the guilty feeling knowing id attempted to see if he would trip up. I came clean a few month down the line and it pretty much killed what was a really good thing at the time. "

Sometimes we all have to learn the hard way but the main thing is we learn.

over a year ago

I don't get why you'd want to catch someone out, unless they'd pissed you off and you felt justified.

Personally, it's not something I'd do (or even think of doing if I'm honest!)

I think lip service (excuse the pun) plays a big part in this lifestyle - if people say the right things and make you feel good, you'll be more inclined to consider meeting them - but, that said, there are a lot of genuinely nice people around too.

over a year ago

"I don't get why you'd want to catch someone out, unless they'd pissed you off and you felt justified.

Personally, it's not something I'd do (or even think of doing if I'm honest!)

I think lip service (excuse the pun) plays a big part in this lifestyle - if people say the right things and make you feel good, you'll be more inclined to consider meeting them - but, that said, there are a lot of genuinely nice people around too. "

I don't just mean in this lifestyle but in general.

over a year ago

my reason for doing it was because id been hurt in the past and it would have taken me months to gain trust in someone again, so i set up a fake profile, no pics, no text and just sent a basic message to him. he replied saying the right things that he was just starting to date someone and it wasnt fair to sleep around..

if id have not done it, id have spent ages pondering 'can he be trusted? is he a player and just saying what i want to hear? etc. This way i knew from the start.

I hated myself for it but felt we moved on quicker because i could trust him not to treat me like shit or have 3 or 4 girls on the go.

over a year ago

Its not something I've ever considered doing and I don't think I ever would to be honest. I can see why ppl do, but that's more to do with their own insecurity rather than it being about the other person involved. (my opinion) If its justified then I certainly don't see why not.

I had a friend who suspected her husband was on a dating site and she caught him out under a false profile. I was with her the night he was chatting to her and he suggested that they had a little fun time on the cam. The look on his face when he realised he was caught with his pants down and cock in hand was priceless.. Hence they're no longer a couple !!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

I think lip service (excuse the pun) plays a big part in this lifestyle - if people say the right things and make you feel good, you'll be more inclined to consider meeting them - but, that said, there are a lot of genuinely nice people around too. "

What a lovely arse Tigerella

over a year ago

I guess everyone has their reasons - hopefully it doesn't damage any relationships if suspicions are unfounded, but as for the player in the above post, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall

over a year ago

"

I think lip service (excuse the pun) plays a big part in this lifestyle - if people say the right things and make you feel good, you'll be more inclined to consider meeting them - but, that said, there are a lot of genuinely nice people around too.

What a lovely arse Tigerella "

bugger off you timewaster!

over a year ago

I was seeing a lady off a chat site we were quite serious or so I thought but had a nagging doubt. I set up a fake account sent a few messages asked a few questions and was shocked at what I got back. Relationship ended there and then.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I joined fab 5 years ago.. I was seeing this guy that I met off a dating site. At the time I was working in Ann Summers and he would often come and see me. Anyhow one of the women working in there said that she had seen him on here and maybe I should take a look. I set up a profile and put pics etc up (of me) anyway I found his profile and noticed that he had been meeting up while we were together... I sent a message to him... simply saying busted!! He left the site and I liked it so I stayed and here I am today..

over a year ago

"I guess everyone has their reasons - hopefully it doesn't damage any relationships if suspicions are unfounded, but as for the player in the above post, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall "

Oh it was funny, there were 4 of us sat round the computer when she turned her cam on. Obviously it wasn't funny at the time, but we've laughed so many times over that.. Poor sod must have felt humiliated (rightly so, but to see 5 ladies looking back at him and one his wife. Well his face said it all) lol

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

What a lovely arse Tigerella

bugger off you timewaster! "

And such exquisite tits oh to be wading through your honey

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Years ago on another site not disimilar to this i set up a joke account, i called myself mary poppings and made out that i had just left a convent and looking to find out what i had been missing.

I wouldnt honeytrap someone as ive never been insecure in a relationship, we all have shit from the psast.

I know some women check their partners phones, pockets emials and all sorts. Its never entered my head to do any of hem.

If it was reveresed and a guy tried to catch me out he would soon be gone. If you havet got trust in a relationship what have you got

By *arl828Man
over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

"my reason for doing it was because id been hurt in the past and it would have taken me months to gain trust in someone again, so i set up a fake profile, no pics, no text and just sent a basic message to him. he replied saying the right things that he was just starting to date someone and it wasnt fair to sleep around..

if id have not done it, id have spent ages pondering 'can he be trusted? is he a player and just saying what i want to hear? etc. This way i knew from the start.

I hated myself for it but felt we moved on quicker because i could trust him not to treat me like shit or have 3 or 4 girls on the go. "

You say this but in your previous post you said it 'pretty much killed what was a wonderful thing' I've had this done to me twice in the past and I passed with flying colours both times but ended the relationships, What man wants to date a woman that doesn't trust him?

By *arl828Man
over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

"Years ago on another site not disimilar to this i set up a joke account, i called myself mary poppings and made out that i had just left a convent and looking to find out what i had been missing.

I wouldnt honeytrap someone as ive never been insecure in a relationship, we all have shit from the psast.

I know some women check their partners phones, pockets emials and all sorts. Its never entered my head to do any of hem.

If it was reveresed and a guy tried to catch me out he would soon be gone. If you havet got trust in a relationship what have you got"

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"my reason for doing it was because id been hurt in the past and it would have taken me months to gain trust in someone again, so i set up a fake profile, no pics, no text and just sent a basic message to him. he replied saying the right things that he was just starting to date someone and it wasnt fair to sleep around..

I hated myself for it but felt we moved on quicker because i could trust him not to treat me like shit or have 3 or 4 girls on the go.

You say this but in your previous post you said it 'pretty much killed what was a wonderful thing' I've had this done to me twice in the past and I passed with flying colours both times but ended the relationships, What man wants to date a woman that doesn't trust him? "

Sometimes emotions come into play.. we are all built differently.. and respond to situations differently..

over a year ago

You say this but in your previous post you said it 'pretty much killed what was a wonderful thing' I've had this done to me twice in the past and I passed with flying colours both times but ended the relationships, What man wants to date a woman that doesn't trust him? "

after id come clean about setting it up he did end it, we kinda worked stuff out and tried again but rightly so id lost his trust. even though at that point id trusted him it was right at the beginning i had my doubts. still lesson learnt. we arent together now obviously and yes it was my insecurities.

over a year ago

I understand why women and men do it to their partners but I personally wouldn't do it. It's not because I'm not insecure its just because I'm wary with relationships and if I commit to someone it's because I trust them. But then again I could never see myself in a monogamous relationship.

over a year ago

This is true of course trust is a must. But sometimes in life you get a gut feeling about someone. Obviously you have to look at yourself and think is it just your own insecurities that make you feel that way. There are other time though, as in my case, that your gut feeling can indeed be correct. And what you have been suspicious about all along is indeed correct.

over a year ago

Firstly I don't understand why anyone would set up a "honey trap" on a NSA swinging site?

Secondly it would never enter my head to set up a honey trap for anyone, relationships are based on trust.... If I had any nagging doubts then I would ho with my gut instinct or discuss them with the other person. If I was insecure then I would look at my own issues and again discuss them!

We all get hurt sometime in our life but that's not to say the next person that comes along is going to do the same thing!

Perhaps some people should learn to trust themselves before they trust others

over a year ago

"I was seeing a lady off a chat site we were quite serious or so I thought but had a nagging doubt. I set up a fake account sent a few messages asked a few questions and was shocked at what I got back. Relationship ended there and then. "

This all happened way before I found any sites like this one

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I met someone on another site. It was a real good thing and developed into something more. I was always honest, made it clear whilst I enjoyed what we had, I intended to still meet other people and he should too.

He said he didn't have time and didn't want to meet others blah blah. Any how, every time I logged in this site automatically showed who looked at you and every day this guy did.

I did write asking if there was something he liked: no response. When my subs were up a friend mentioned Fab so I joined here to find the same guy looking at me again. Wrote to him, he answered this time, he wasn't a paid member on the other site.

Any how we got chatting and mentioned something he had no way of knowing. I knew then it was my friend, but it didn't make sense.

So, I set up a fake profile got chatting, arranged a meet in town and asked for his mobile number...it was his. I phoned him as me to arrange a play meet the same time as the "social" meet, he had a conference call then a site visit.

I deleted the fake account and he phoned back saying he'd rearranged his meeting.

What is so daft is we met on a swinging site, we weren't going to be exclusive so the multiple profiles, the other meets why lie about them.

I told him what I'd done and to this day he tells me I'm mad as he doesn't meet anyone.

We speak nearly every day but I no longer meet him as I don't feel comfortable with people who think I'm an idiot, it annoys the hell out of me!

over a year ago

I dont think its a good idea though I do understand why people, especially women do this. Things like this never seem to end well as its based on suspicion and mistrust.

When I hear of single ladies on this site entering into relationships with guys and remaining on the site I do wonder whether this is really the best place to do so. The site is full of temptation, its full of pictures of naked women and messages asking to meet. And to set up fake profiles to then catch guys out, its bound to end in hurt.

We all know that people set up fake profiles to set up many people, singles, couples alike. Its not particuarly mature to do so

over a year ago

"I dont think its a good idea though I do understand why people, especially women do this. Things like this never seem to end well as its based on suspicion and mistrust.

When I hear of single ladies on this site entering into relationships with guys and remaining on the site I do wonder whether this is really the best place to do so. The site is full of temptation, its full of pictures of naked women and messages asking to meet. And to set up fake profiles to then catch guys out, its bound to end in hurt.

We all know that people set up fake profiles to set up many people, singles, couples alike. Its not particuarly mature to do so "

So what about people who set up a profile because they are suspicious their partners are on site like this. Only to find out their suspicions are true?

over a year ago

Utterly confused

People register on a swinging site. Enter into a relationship on a swinging site. And then try and catch their partner 'cheating' on a swinging site?

Perfect sense

over a year ago

If anyone wants to cAtch me out in a honey trap, I will happily fail miserably

over a year ago

Trust no-one.

over a year ago

"Trust no-one. "

Trust you to say that

over a year ago

I fell prey to one. She set up a 2nd profile and started ailing my joint one and solo one to try to see if id bite n meet alone.

I wouldn't n even mailed back saying sI wouldn't meet alone.... I wasn't suspicious but found out about the spare profile by accident.

It didn't worry me, she was worried I was playing me so set an account to test me. Fair enough, knowing what people can be like......

over a year ago

"Trust no-one.

Trust you to say that "

over a year ago

"Utterly confused

People register on a swinging site. Enter into a relationship on a swinging site. And then try and catch their partner 'cheating' on a swinging site?

Perfect sense "

Wasn't just aimed at on here but anywhere any how

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I would suspect it happens often on sites like these to be honest... much more than people will imagine.

over a year ago

"Utterly confused

Perfect sense

Wasn't just aimed at on here but anywhere any how "

I read and understood that. And then read some of the responses that followed. And then became confused.

And I still am.

over a year ago

Was this thread a honey trap?

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Was this thread a honey trap? "

Don't think so Winnie left last month

over a year ago

Ive not done it i do think i have one trying it with me at the moment.

Not sure what he is trying to achieve but i will play his game for now

over a year ago

People have wayyyy too much time on their hands! If you think someone's cheating, ask them outright. If they deny it but you still have a gut feeling they are then get rid. Supposedly mature people acting like pathetic teenagers

over a year ago

"Was this thread a honey trap?

Don't think so Winnie left last month"

Ohhhh Pooh

over a year ago

A good question would be "How many couples/women who are anti-Bi men have put up a profile looking for Bi-men to try and catch potential meets out?"

I reckon I know a couple that does that.

over a year ago

"A good question would be "How many couples/women who are anti-Bi men have put up a profile looking for Bi-men to try and catch potential meets out?"

I reckon I know a couple that does that. "

Really lol...what lengths people will go to amazes me.

And funnily enough since i posted i had one trying to catch me out i havnt had another message lol

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"A good question would be "How many couples/women who are anti-Bi men have put up a profile looking for Bi-men to try and catch potential meets out?"

I reckon I know a couple that does that. "

Funny, I was thinking along the same lines.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Utterly confused

Perfect sense "

So because you meet someone on a swingers site they have to continue swinging? And you have to accept them meeting someone else behind your back because you are on here?

Surely when you meet someone in here you agree how things will be. If you agree not to meet others without your partner meeting and they break that agreement then that's cheating right?

over a year ago

"Utterly confused

Perfect sense

So because you meet someone on a swingers site they have to continue swinging? And you have to accept them meeting someone else behind your back because you are on here?

Surely when you meet someone in here you agree how things will be. If you agree not to meet others without your partner meeting and they break that agreement then that's cheating right? "

Is that the stage at which you set up a couples account?

The bit that confused me is that if *you* are on here, isn't that because YOU are looking for no strings sex?

over a year ago

evesham

"Utterly confused

Perfect sense

Surely when you meet someone in here you agree how things will be. If you agree not to meet others without your partner meeting and they break that agreement then that's cheating right?

Is that the stage at which you set up a couples account?

The bit that confused me is that if *you* are on here, isn't that because YOU are looking for no strings sex?"

The point WE decided to set up a couples profile was when WE decided Haywood be easier to contact the people WE wanted to meet such as single females and couples.

When I originally joined Theodore I was looking for NSA but such as life I'd things evolve and change. Now I am in a relationship I would mot meet anyone behindy partners back because I would consider that cheating on them.

The bit I found confusing was the insinuation that if you meet on a swingers site you can't ever be accused of cheating on someone

over a year ago

evesham

The site.......not Theodore

over a year ago

evesham

Haywood = it would

Bloody fat fingers ruining my point

over a year ago

The whole this smacks of insecurity as I see it. If you have to resort to doing this there is only fragments left of any relationship and zero trust.

over a year ago

We'd consider meeting without each others knowledge cheating too.

I've never been single on here so I guess that's why it doesn't make so much sense for me - in that we only come on here for no strings attached.

I agree with the other points too though - that if you feel the need to do that sort of thing your basis for a relationsip is already fucked.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

if you meet on a swingers site you can't ever be accused of cheating on someone "

I don t understand that either or better still, I dont agree with it. Does not matter where you meet, if you do something behind somebody else's back and therefore without their knowledge or informed consent then that would in my understanding be abuse of trust.

It is also different from agreeing to meet other people without the partner's knowledge. That in itself is permission to do so.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"The site.......not Theodore "

Pmsl I wondered who Theodore was you really need to read before you push the button

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

know of someone who was pressured into setting up a trap for someone on an escort site.

Did not work out well for all 3 parties, the escort being given all the blame and then cited in divorce proceedings.

I know its different from being on a swinging site (NSA not paying), but its a matter of knowing how much you DO actually want to find out the truth.

over a year ago

"The site.......not Theodore

Pmsl I wondered who Theodore was you really need to read before you push the button "

He's a cheating bastard.

over a year ago

I learned from doing what I did got me nowhere and would not do it again as ignorance is bliss

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

An interesting thread.

I've had someone set up quite an elaborate trap for vengeance.

I was asked to not see others by someone last year as we were developing a relationship, or so I thought (slightly different site). I never once thought to set a trap for him. When he dumped me rather brutally I asked him if he had still been meeting others and he answered that he had. Months later I found he had been watching my profile on here.

If you have insecurities that is what will end the relationship. How many tests will a person have to pass to truly quell those fears?

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"How many tests will a person have to pass to truly quell those fears?"

2,637 and THEN Jeremy Kyle!!!!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"How many tests will a person have to pass to truly quell those fears?

2,637 and THEN Jeremy Kyle!!!! "

They may then need a second opinion on This Morning.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"How many tests will a person have to pass to truly quell those fears?

2,637 and THEN Jeremy Kyle!!!!

They may then need a second opinion on This Morning."

phone in on Monday... #TMtesting

over a year ago

If you don't have honesty, trust and transparency in a relationship then its bound to fail. Honey traps show you don't have those three vital components.

over a year ago

thank you that's the best typo ever thank you

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Pity. the MFM of Theodore and Letsbe could have been interesting.

Post new Message to Thread