Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Celebrity Charity Appeals

Jump to newest

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If a seriously wealthy celebrity appeals to others to give money to charity do you ever think 'why don't you give the money?'

Just seen a report about Prince Harry trying to raise £2m in Lesotho. Can't he afford that himself?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its taxpayers money that pays him they do this to try make him look like he actually does sonething useful

over a year ago

A lot of them do give money already, they just don't advertise it.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Its taxpayers money that pays him they do this to try make him look like he actually does sonething useful "

So being in the army and going to Afghanistan isn't helpful then

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I've asked this before bit apparently it's to encourage social responsibility or something.

By *attooed HandymanMan
over a year ago

near you

"Its taxpayers money that pays him they do this to try make him look like he actually does sonething useful

So being in the army and going to Afghanistan isn't helpful then "

It was very useful, it was someone else to take the piss out of at meal times.

over a year ago

I dislike it when people have to be told to be nice to each other. Let alone when the telling has to be done by a celebrity.

over a year ago

Depends on the cause and the celebrity. Lots of small donors is better than one big one.

I like Harry

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"I've asked this before bit apparently it's to encourage social responsibility or something. "

That's how I see it too.

Gets people to join in to do things together, like a sense of community.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"If a seriously wealthy celebrity appeals to others to give money to charity do you ever think 'why don't you give the money?'

Just seen a report about Prince Harry trying to raise £2m in Lesotho. Can't he afford that himself?"

Funny, I thought the exact same thing watching Prince Harry, but I think it's about getting everyone involved and more can be achieved as it's never a one off deal is it, if you know what I mean.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Its taxpayers money that pays him they do this to try make him look like he actually does sonething useful "

Does he get money from the civil list? Doesn't he work and independently wealthy from his mother?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've asked this before bit apparently it's to encourage social responsibility or something. "

Social responsibility: that's the phrase I was searching for!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Its taxpayers money that pays him they do this to try make him look like he actually does sonething useful

Does he get money from the civil list? Doesn't he work and independently wealthy from his mother?"

Work? He seems to have an extraordinary amount of leave.

Where did his mother get the money she bequeathed to him?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Alert alert...anti royal thread coming up !!

To the OP...yes I sometimes think when the celebs are on telly promoting their new single while on a charity show shouting for people to donate a fiver that it is a bit off when they could probably donate a good few fivers and it wouldn't dent their pockets.

I know, they could well be donating money quietly...but all they seem to be doing is pushing their new song etc so the charity seems second place anyway.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Does he get money from the civil list? Doesn't he work and independently wealthy from his mother?

Where did his mother get the money she bequeathed to him?"

Do you watch him that closely that you know how much leave he has?

His inheritance I am guessing you would know where it came from, her divorce settlement and Charles earns his money to have paid for it.

Not sure if he gets any more money from the state though but I am sure someone will put me right if he does.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Where did his mother get the money she bequeathed to him?"

Of course he does, won't disagree with you there, but work he does.

As for his inheritance from her divorce settlement and her father I'd hazard a guess.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

My previous well crafted and witty response to the leave and income quoestions seems to have vanished.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"My previous well crafted and witty response to the leave and income quoestions seems to have vanished."

No posts have been removed on here

over a year ago

Good old adopted Harry . When celebrities do this sort of thing it is because there need of the spotlight , if they actually donated money each month or whatever we would actually see a reduction in Poverty and you can`t actually stop poverty because of the current systems(Financial/military/stock market/very large sprawling multinational companies that have there dirty hands in everything) in place which are entrenched and will not change for the greater good of poor people and the planet itself

Post new Message to Thread