Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Common Sense!

Jump to newest

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Is it just me, but there seems to have been a few threads started of late that just simply lack it!

It is also rife in the work place as well...Is it an art that has actually been lost somewhere along the line?

Maybe it is just me, but I am really struggling to understand what the hell is going on

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ark Gr8 Teddy BearMan
over a year ago

Wigan

Common sense is a rare thing these days, i hate to be insulting to anyone but it seems unless their an app or a page you can like of faceboob about it its not worth knowing. I honestly worry about the future at times,x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Common sense was replaced in the late 1990s by "health & safety".

Anyone found using it now is subject to severe penalties unfortunately.

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Common sense was replaced in the late 1990s by "health & safety".

Anyone found using it now is subject to severe penalties unfortunately."

Now that made me laugh, and I know where you are coming from!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

We do seem to have lost it somewhere. I've checked the back of every sofa I get the chance to check and it has gone.

over a year ago

ROBBO-that last comment was the illegal use of common sense, it is deemed dangerous and disruptive to so jetty and you have now been fined five cookies!

You are right, these days, unless you have someone standing there with a laser pointer saying " this is stupid......this is not stupid" then we're pretty much fucked!

over a year ago

Spell checker!!!! Grrrr **TO SOCIETY** fekking iPhone

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"We do seem to have lost it somewhere. I've checked the back of every sofa I get the chance to check and it has gone."

Well I'll start checking the one's up here and let you know if the situation gets any better, but for some reason, I'm not very hopeful

over a year ago

If your not trained to carry more than one cup of Tea at a time, then you will find a manager that is more than willing to issue you with a warning.

To many people with no brains and lots of bits of paper with exam results written on them.

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

Now you've started something! Now we'll have to define 'Common Sense' so you can be prosecuted if you use it.

over a year ago

While you are looking could you both keep you eye out for my last antibiotic please cos it vanished and hasnt been seen for five days and I have a nasty feeling it was the one tablet that was gonna make me better .......... typical huh ......

over a year ago

its rife in people in general

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Now you've started something! Now we'll have to define 'Common Sense' so you can be prosecuted if you use it. "

Damn I didn't think about that! The true implications of using common sense could and would actually mean a job being done properly! God forbid

over a year ago

"Now you've started something! Now we'll have to define 'Common Sense' so you can be prosecuted if you use it. "

Definition of "Common Sense"

The ability to do things without the need for instruction or training, by an idiot with a clip board.

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"While you are looking could you both keep you eye out for my last antibiotic please cos it vanished and hasnt been seen for five days and I have a nasty feeling it was the one tablet that was gonna make me better .......... typical huh ...... "

Bugger off you, this thread is not one you should post on! We all know your history Lol

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Now you've started something! Now we'll have to define 'Common Sense' so you can be prosecuted if you use it.

The ability to do things without the need for instruction or training, by an idiot with a clip board. "

I actually agree more with your earlier comment about Apps or facebook 'likes' (not that I am up to speed with them)But it is bloody worrying!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Oh don't get me started!

I've said it before, but I swear to God I'd not be surprised to see a thread along the lines: there's a funny smell like burning and smoke. The curtains are on fire and I'm running out of oxygen. Any firemen on site?!!

I refuse to believe people are as thick as they're portraying themselves. I think it's attention seeking, but I think I'm giving more credit than is due!

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Now you've started something! Now we'll have to define 'Common Sense' so you can be prosecuted if you use it.

The ability to do things without the need for instruction or training, by an idiot with a clip board.

I actually agree more with your earlier comment about Apps or facebook 'likes' (not that I am up to speed with them)But it is bloody worrying! "

Sorry, attributed to the wrong poster! You know who you are!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Is it just me, but there seems to have been a few threads started of late that just simply lack it!

It is also rife in the work place as well...Is it an art that has actually been lost somewhere along the line?

Maybe it is just me, but I am really struggling to understand what the hell is going on "

Lots of people do have common sense but as soon as cock or fanny come into the equation they lose it.

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Oh don't get me started!

I've said it before, but I swear to God I'd not be surprised to see a thread along the lines: there's a funny smell like burning and smoke. The curtains are on fire and I'm running out of oxygen. Any firemen on site?!!

I refuse to believe people are as thick as they're portraying themselves. I think it's attention seeking, but I think I'm giving more credit than is due! "

Ok, I'll alienate myself here, whilst I would love to think it was 'look at me threads' I do actually think 'they are as thick as they are portraying themselves' who would do that? Seriously? just for people to look at them? If so, then god forbid

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I refuse to believe people are as thick as they're portraying themselves. I think it's attention seeking, but I think I'm giving more credit than is due!

Ok, I'll alienate myself here, whilst I would love to think it was 'look at me threads' I do actually think 'they are as thick as they are portraying themselves' who would do that? Seriously? just for people to look at them? If so, then god forbid "

I agree with miss tress on this one....

over a year ago

I think you will find, some really are "THAT BLOODY THICK"

Others just follow out of blind faith.

They think it looks cool to be different.

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

Damn I didn't think about that! The true implications of using common sense could and would actually mean a job being done properly! God forbid "

That's it, you've really done it now! You have just demonstrated some Common Sense...

I find you guilty! what say the rest of you?

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

[Removed by poster at 27/02/13 21:54:34]

over a year ago

Saw a very funny image the other day, it reads:

Seriously, I don't know when exactly that UFO landed & dumped all these stupid people, but they apparently aren't coming back for them

The problem is, things like health & safety and the guideline culture prevents people from using their brain cells. Now evolution is cruel, it sees no point in something unnecessary hanging around. Hence it's dormant right now and slowly it will only be rudimentary till it completely disappears, or may be changes it's function :-/ scary!

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Saw a very funny image the other day, it reads:

Seriously, I don't know when exactly that UFO landed & dumped all these stupid people, but they apparently aren't coming back for them

The problem is, things like health & safety and the guideline culture prevents people from using their brain cells. Now evolution is cruel, it sees no point in something unnecessary hanging around. Hence it's dormant right now and slowly it will only be rudimentary till it completely disappears, or may be changes it's function :-/ scary!"

I completely agree, but I do still think we are in a very scary position to be in as a nation! And God Forbid what the future holds!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Is it just me, but there seems to have been a few threads started of late that just simply lack it!

Maybe it is just me, but I am really struggling to understand what the hell is going on "

At last... a thread about me

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Maybe it is just me, but I am really struggling to understand what the hell is going on At last... a thread about me "

Only JOKING - I dont always have common sense

over a year ago

What bloody future.

Maggie sold the family silver and Dave is busy remortgaging everything that's left behind.

All we need now is a garage sale and we are all ready to emigrate

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Maybe it is just me, but I am really struggling to understand what the hell is going on At last... a thread about me "

Did you steal all the common sense?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

There are some extremely dim people on here. A few highly articulate, intelligent, pleasant and sexy ones too!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Maybe it is just me, but I am really struggling to understand what the hell is going on At last... a thread about me

Did you steal all the common sense?"

No, I wish though sometimes I could have more of it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"There are some extremely dim people on here. A few highly articulate, intelligent, pleasant and sexy ones too! "

Bet you dare not name which catagory we fall into lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"There are some extremely dim people on here. A few highly articulate, intelligent, pleasant and sexy ones too! "

Although I once knew this guy who was scarily intelligent but had no common sense at all. Day to day things seemed to pass him by.

I'm off for a shower. I've had cyber chocolate smeared all over my body.

over a year ago

Its actually uncommon sense nowadays in my opinion as must people haven't got it.

over a year ago

Its group four, or at a pinch group four.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Wonder how you are going to talk yourself out of this one... Diamond is right

over a year ago

"There are some extremely dim people on here. A few highly articulate, intelligent, pleasant and sexy ones too!

Bet you dare not name which catagory we fall into lol"

I'm pleasant

over a year ago

"Saw a very funny image the other day, it reads:

The problem is, things like health & safety and the guideline culture prevents people from using their brain cells. Now evolution is cruel, it sees no point in something unnecessary hanging around. Hence it's dormant right now and slowly it will only be rudimentary till it completely disappears, or may be changes it's function :-/ scary!

I completely agree, but I do still think we are in a very scary position to be in as a nation! And God Forbid what the future holds! "

Simple - we will have to change quick! Survival of the fittest prevails not talking about only being physically the fittest but also mentally.... The sharp knifes in your draw are the ones you pick if you need to cut something. The blunt ones either get thrown away or are sharpened!

Instead of wasting resources on superficial things, we need to go back to building solid foundations, we need to motivate our kids to study and work hard at school! We need to set standards and examples - put role models infront of them, who can be admired.

Probably easier said then done nationwide but all parents can start working hard with their kids and make a difference at home.

over a year ago

Damn I didn't think about that! The true implications of using common sense could and would actually mean a job being done properly! God forbid

That's it, you've really done it now! You have just demonstrated some Common Sense...

I find you guilty! what say the rest of you?"

COOKIE FINE!!

over a year ago

This whole thread has left me discombobulated!!.... There's one for ya too googlie.

over a year ago

"parents can start working hard with their kids and make a difference at home."

Worked with a bloke years ago who had young kids, we were all chatting at break time about fave books from when we were kids and I asked him what story books is little'uns enjoyed... he said

" I don't buy them books, they get forced to read enought at school I'm not making them do it at home too! "

over a year ago

Wayne Rooney = Role Model

Joey Barton = Role Model

Please dont role out anyone from the bloody X-Factor.

We are all doomed I tell you.

over a year ago

"Wayne Rooney = Role Model

Joey Barton = Role Model

Please dont role out anyone from the bloody X-Factor.

We are all doomed I tell you. "

There was a reason why the telly got nicknamed the idiot box !! The reason is it washes and clears the brain, leaving it clear of original thought contamination.

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"parents can start working hard with their kids and make a difference at home.

Worked with a bloke years ago who had young kids, we were all chatting at break time about fave books from when we were kids and I asked him what story books is little'uns enjoyed... he said

" I don't buy them books, they get forced to read enought at school I'm not making them do it at home too! "

"

See, that's part of the problem! parents either don't give a shit or they treat them like princes or princesses who just cannot handle the work place

over a year ago

I refuse to believe people are as thick as they're portraying themselves. I think it's attention seeking, but I think I'm giving more credit than is due! "

over a year ago

"

That's what annoys me most... Some parents rob any chance a child has to develop and compete :-/ it's okay to do as you please (also not always) but lets say your a grown up and have a right to choose (even though not competent to do so) for yourself, that's fine!... But not with kids!!! Those guys don't know what's coming to them, they haven't got a clue how difficult the real world is :-/

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

That's what annoys me most... Some parents rob any chance a child has to develop and compete :-/ it's okay to do as you please (also not always) but lets say your a grown up and have a right to choose (even though not competent to do so) for yourself, that's fine!... But not with kids!!! Those guys don't know what's coming to them, they haven't got a clue how difficult the real world is :-/"

I totally agree with you and I am not bowing out of the debate, it's just pumpkin time for me. so night folks x

over a year ago

That's what annoys me most... Some parents rob any chance a child has to develop and compete :-/ it's okay to do as you please (also not always) but lets say your a grown up and have a right to choose (even though not competent to do so) for yourself, that's fine!... But not with kids!!! Those guys don't know what's coming to them, they haven't got a clue how difficult the real world is :-/

I totally agree with you and I am not bowing out of the debate, it's just pumpkin time for me. so night folks x "

night night x

over a year ago

www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8

Brilliant clip... Skip to about 25 seconds in if you get bored easily.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

I was watching a cute little girl at a store the other day. She had a chocolate snack in her hand and her dad told her not to open it inside the store. She started to unwrap it, dad repeated she was not to open it. She continued. Dad repeated same instruction not to open the chocolates - she opened them. Dad's response? None.

What did this little person learn on that occasion? Whatever dad says.. I can do what I want... no repercussions!

over a year ago

"I was watching a cute little girl at a store the other day. She had a chocolate snack in her hand and her dad told her not to open it inside the store. She started to unwrap it, dad repeated she was not to open it. She continued. Dad repeated same instruction not to open the chocolates - she opened them. Dad's response? None.

What did this little person learn on that occasion? Whatever dad says.. I can do what I want... no repercussions! "

I would have taken it off her and eaten it.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I was watching a cute little girl at a store the other day. She had a chocolate snack in her hand and her dad told her not to open it inside the store. She started to unwrap it, dad repeated she was not to open it. She continued. Dad repeated same instruction not to open the chocolates - she opened them. Dad's response? None.

What did this little person learn on that occasion? Whatever dad says.. I can do what I want... no repercussions!

I would have taken it off her and eaten it."

Now that is just cruel but funny

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain;

Why the early bird gets the worm;

Life isn't always fair; and maybe it WAS my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a 6 year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Calpol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights; Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain;

Why the early bird gets the worm;

Life isn't always fair; and maybe it WAS my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a 6 year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Calpol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights; Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone."

The Common Sense is dead, long live the Common Sense.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I haven't noticed any, I will keep my eyes open for it...

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

What did this little person learn on that occasion? Whatever dad says.. I can do what I want... no repercussions! "

I wonder if the outcome would have been the same had the child been male.

over a year ago

No I have to say common sense is on the decline, in the workplace there are too many rules and regulations that stop any attempt of common sense being used.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"No I have to say common sense is on the decline, in the workplace there are too many rules and regulations that stop any attempt of common sense being used."

The problem is that while people insist on being allowed to use common sense, they also insist on the protection of Health and Safety regulation.

You can't have both.

over a year ago

If Common Sense did fuck off, it did so along with Personal Responsibility.

To the extent people are happy to blame their lack of the one on others.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"If Common Sense did fuck off, it did so along with Personal Responsibility.

To the extent people are happy to blame their lack of the one on others."

(thumb

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"If Common Sense did fuck off, it did so along with Personal Responsibility.

To the extent people are happy to blame their lack of the one on others."

Not just blame but expect to have free access to an ambulance chasing solicitor who'll want a share of the dosh they think their own stupidity entitles them too.

Post new Message to Thread