Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Okay..

Just on train home to Peterborough from Warrington..

Bought my ticket at the station... Got on the train at Warrington.. Ticket man come round and checked tickets..

He looked at mine and said im on the wrong train and have to get off at Manchester Oxford Road and the train i was on was Direct to Peterborough..

After a breif arguement he requested to see my bank card.. Dont know why..

Turns out ticket office gave me wrong ticket..

So he walked off.. With my tickets and bank card and refused to give it me back.. I shouted to him about my card and he said i aint having it back.. Obviously its on CCTV..

Got my card back at Manchester Oxford Road.. But what can i do?

Is it still classed as theft? Can i ring police.. I dont know if he had wrote my Bank detail down?..

Is there anything i can do..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I get trains a lot there are some right idiotic ticket men/women!

Sorry I know this doesn't help but I can sympathise!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

how can it be theft if you have your card back?

i would complai to the train company to ask why your bank card was taken. i would also get the card replaced if it was out of your sight for any length of time due to the prolific use of skimmers etc

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Defo illegal. Only your bank has the right to take you card off you for a good reason

What if he write down. Your card details the time he kept and then phone someone in USA and just Pass him the detail to do some online shopping???? Give your bank a call right now, tell them you've lost you card at the train station and provide a precise hour before the time that silly ticket man collect the card from you. If he tried to put any charge on you it will be treaded as fraud. Simple. Forget the CCTV, protect your money

over a year ago

I would make a official complaint to British rail as not right way you have been treated. He had no rights to take your bank card and hold onto it. I would of asked for his name etc and reported what happened as soon as reached the station you said

over a year ago

If you report to police, the train company can supply the CCTV to the police but be quick as its an overwrite facility and usually only last a week or so as its constantly recording

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Everytime you get on a train theres a bloody drama. Hope i never end up on the same train as you

over a year ago

"Everytime you get on a train theres a bloody drama. Hope i never end up on the same train as you"

What Diamond said... You don't have much luck on trains, do you? Then again, your last train story changed more times than I've had not dinners

By *odelmasterMan
over a year ago

Rugby

Right its eastmidland trains? You need to ask for revenue protection badge number..hes obliged to show you it..note it down then call 08457. 125 678 customer relations team

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Cards been cancelled..

No i dont have much luck honestly dont like trains..

Going to ring first thing in the morning.. Had no idea about the number that the conductor has.. But i have a few witnesses at Manchester Oxford Road that seen him with my Card i.e the people that work on platforms..

Is it worth ringing the police tho..

over a year ago

"Okay..

Just on train home to Peterborough from Warrington..

Bought my ticket at the station... Got on the train at Warrington.. Ticket man come round and checked tickets..

He looked at mine and said im on the wrong train and have to get off at Manchester Oxford Road and the train i was on was Direct to Peterborough..

After a breif arguement he requested to see my bank card.. Dont know why..

Turns out ticket office gave me wrong ticket..

So he walked off.. With my tickets and bank card and refused to give it me back.. I shouted to him about my card and he said i aint having it back.. Obviously its on CCTV..

Got my card back at Manchester Oxford Road.. But what can i do?

Is it still classed as theft? Can i ring police.. I dont know if he had wrote my Bank detail down?..

Is there anything i can do.. "

They can't just take your bank card. It's not allowed. They can have the authority to take your details and hold you if necessary but not your belongings. You can and should report the whole incident. And make sure you get your report reviewed. Email the company. If you write by post, email and verbally voice your report then it should get sorted. Also make a full description of the ticket officer. What he looked like and features. Describe the whole situation account by account. Hope this helps xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Why would he want your bank card anyway, surely if he wanted proof he would of asked you for reciepts and if he wanted more money off you he would have to chip and pin

By *odelmasterMan
over a year ago

Rugby

You need his number....ask him

over a year ago

Why wait till the morning to ring them? If it was me I would want it sorted out ASAP

By *odelmasterMan
over a year ago

Rugby

01142 730574 is sheffield bt police

Post new Message to Thread