Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Builders brew

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There is a house on my post round that has recently been bought and renamed by a builder who is now renovating it.

I had a packet for him today so I knocked the door,he answered it and thanked me for the packet.

As I was turning to leave he said " Oh mate!, I don't know if you know but we have changed the name of this house to this" and he was pointing at the address label on the packet I had just delivered to him !.

I hear that builders are supposed to be good with their hands.

Which is just as well really .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nowt wrong with all braun

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've remembered two more recent encounters with builders whilst doing my job.

The first was whilst I was delivering in a very rural location and a Transit pulled up and the two guys asked for directions as they were completely lost .

I gave them directions and made sure they understood so I was a tad surprised when the driver said "Nah , that is not what we were told" and they drove off in completely the wrong direction.

The second, more recent, was when an old guy in a flat bed Transit ,which I had noticed driving slowly whilst he peered at house names and numbers , stopped me and said " you will know where this is mate, where is such and such a place ?".

I had never heard of it and said so , " well it is on my map" he said.

Intrigued I asked for a look so I could learn where this place was and he handed me a map with the location ringed off on a map of Andover .

Andover was at least forty miles away from where we were .

I have directions the best I could and off he cheerfully went .

Post new Message to Thread