Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Well im shock

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

One of my closest friends has just rang me to tell me she had a baby girl early hours of this morning.

Nothing unusal about that except shes 44 never thought she could have children and wasnt aware she was pregnant until she went into labout and she was 38 gone lol. Baby is perfectly healthy and weighed 7lb 1. Im still in shock

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

love stories like this..

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

That happened to a friend of mine. She was on the Depo injection, so her periods had stopped, NHS Direct thought her appendix had ruptured, was rushed to hospital, and out popped a baby boy.

She'd had a craving for eggy bread, so her husband made her some, 20 minutes later she was in labour. Husband hasn't made her eggy bread since!!!

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

Bloody hell, Diamond!

Great news for them to have a baby that was longed for and as such a surprise. Fantastic news xx

over a year ago

"Bloody hell, Diamond!

Great news for them to have a baby that was longed for and as such a surprise. Fantastic news xx

"

lol, not quite its not her partners but the guy shes been knocking off on the side for a few years lol

over a year ago

wow i see things like this on sky tv lady's not knowing until baby comes .. and alot of them say was told could never have babies too ....... well she is blessed and i hope happy xx

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

How the heck can you be so far gone (pregnant) and not know?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"love stories like this.. "

I hate them. This is my biggest fear!!!!!!

over a year ago

Fantastic news!!!

I love this and gives me hope going to the doctor this week as i dont think i can conceive fingers crossed this is not the case. I am only just 30 and so i have a bit of time on my side. Something similar happenned to a friend of mine she had years of ivf unsuccessfully and then well into her 40's she found she was pregnant without any treatment and after years of trying.

MissD

By *exy firemanMan
over a year ago

essex

"That happened to a friend of mine. She was on the Depo injection, so her periods had stopped, NHS Direct thought her appendix had ruptured, was rushed to hospital, and out popped a baby boy.

She'd had a craving for eggy bread, so her husband made her some, 20 minutes later she was in labour. Husband hasn't made her eggy bread since!!!

"

Topper !!!!! lol..

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"How the heck can you be so far gone (pregnant) and not know?"

Easy as sometimes women still have periods and sometimes the baby grows at the back or something which leads you not to get the bump.. My friend was pregnant and you could not notice as she hardly had a bump..

over a year ago

"How the heck can you be so far gone (pregnant) and not know?"

its quite easy not to know if you mentally dont think u can have children or you think your 'safe'.. you dont look out for signs

over a year ago

"love stories like this..

I hate them. This is my biggest fear!!!!!! "

so give up sex then lol

over a year ago

evesham

so give up sex then lol "

Feck off lol I'll downgrade it to a slight worry haha

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"How the heck can you be so far gone (pregnant) and not know?

Easy as sometimes women still have periods and sometimes the baby grows at the back or something which leads you not to get the bump.. My friend was pregnant and you could not notice as she hardly had a bump.. "

But dont the usual symptons play havoc even more?

Morning Sickness?

Stop having a period (most of the time).

Hot flushes?

Change in emotions?

When it starts kicking do you just dismiss it as wind?

I suppose only someone who went 38 weeks without knowing could truly answer. But it must come as one of the biggest shocks going? Always baffles me though.

Putting pictures on Facebook of your bump every other day with how far gone (Haha, obvious not in this case and this is tongue in cheek).

over a year ago

so give up sex then lol

Feck off lol I'll downgrade it to a slight worry haha"

hahaha mini letsbehavingyou's n eveshams all over the place. if in doubt SWALLOW

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

god god belive in god bless her and her baby xxx

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Easy as sometimes women still have periods and sometimes the baby grows at the back or something which leads you not to get the bump.. My friend was pregnant and you could not notice as she hardly had a bump..

Morning Sickness?

Hot flushes?

Change in emotions?

I suppose only someone who went 38 weeks without knowing could truly answer. But it must come as one of the biggest shocks going? Always baffles me though.

Putting pictures on Facebook of your bump every other day with how far gone (Haha, obvious not in this case and this is tongue in cheek)."

I don't know.. when I was pregnant I just knew I was gut feeling.. However at 44 I guess you don't think about it.. I love this story though..

over a year ago

I only found out at 16 weeks because they thought i had appendicis dont know how far i would of been if i hadnt been ill that time

over a year ago

Oh my goodness!! Hope they're both okay and well!!! x

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

"Fantastic news!!!

I love this and gives me hope going to the doctor this week as i dont think i can conceive fingers crossed this is not the case. I am only just 30 and so i have a bit of time on my side. Something similar happenned to a friend of mine she had years of ivf unsuccessfully and then well into her 40's she found she was pregnant without any treatment and after years of trying.

MissD "

Friend of mine had quarter of an ovary and her tube on that side was stuck..doctors told her no chance...so she had IVF and got a beautiful baby boy... a year later went to the docs with flu to be told she was pregnant naturally..no idea how....

Never give up hope......

over a year ago

evesham

so give up sex then lol

Feck off lol I'll downgrade it to a slight worry haha

hahaha mini letsbehavingyou's n eveshams all over the place. if in doubt SWALLOW "

It's ok, we're covered and from next week we'll be covered for another 3 years

It does happen slot though. Take Mr for instance. Never had regular periods, eat shut loads anyway and got lots of fat for the baby to hide in. Mixed with tablets that already upset my stomach, if I want planning on having one it could go unnoticed.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Morning Sickness?

Hot flushes?

Change in emotions?

Putting pictures on Facebook of your bump every other day with how far gone (Haha, obvious not in this case and this is tongue in cheek).

I don't know.. when I was pregnant I just knew I was gut feeling.. However at 44 I guess you don't think about it.. I love this story though.. "

I love it when people catch when they dont think they ever will etc. Even if ya brain says 'No its impossible' and yet your gut feeling keeps telling you every day you must be. You'd go and get it checked out wouldnt you.

I hope in this instance the lil un gets every chance of having his Father in his life and it dosent wreck the girls relationship.

over a year ago

"

Morning Sickness?

Hot flushes?

Change in emotions?

Putting pictures on Facebook of your bump every other day with how far gone (Haha, obvious not in this case and this is tongue in cheek)."

If you dont think you can be pregnant you just dont look out for it or brush it off as something else,, you may feel sick one morning but it could just be 'something you ate'.. not everyone gets morning sickness. People can still have periods during pregnancy, or things like the injection/rod/pill may stop the periods and therefore you'd not know or suspect anything anyway. No contraception is 100%. Hot flushes,, could just be warmer weather or general feeling of being unwell. Womens hormones are all over the place generally anyway haha.. when the wierd feelings in the tummy start to kick i put it down to trapped wind, and cramp

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

My sister in law, felt bloated, had been having periods as norm, then started with cramps,really bad. An ambulance was called and by the time it got there, the only person they dealt with was her husband who had passed out and knocked his head on the fireplace as she gave birth to their son

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

This story gives me hope that one day its going to be my day again...

over a year ago

"Bloody hell, Diamond!

lol, not quite its not her partners but the guy shes been knocking off on the side for a few years lol"

Oh so good and bad news!

That must have been a big shock for them all!!

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

good luck to her ,lovely surprise

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

A girl I know was travelling in Australia with her husband when she was taken to hospital with suspected appendicitis and out popped a baby girl...she was in her early 40's and hadn't known (or indeed wanted a baby), however she and her husband are great parents and although initially shocking, they wouldn't be without now.

I'm with Evesham, it'd be my worse nightmare - I'd have to give it over for adoption, I am so not suitable parent material

over a year ago

"

It does happen slot though. Take Mr for instance. Never had regular periods, eat shut loads anyway and got lots of fat for the baby to hide in. Mixed with tablets that already upset my stomach, if I want planning on having one it could go unnoticed. "

love your typo's.. glad to read Petes never had a period before lol

btw i know someone who fell pregnant on the implant after only 8 months so nothing is 100%

over a year ago

"Fantastic news!!!

MissD

Friend of mine had quarter of an ovary and her tube on that side was stuck..doctors told her no chance...so she had IVF and got a beautiful baby boy... a year later went to the docs with flu to be told she was pregnant naturally..no idea how....

Never give up hope......"

Thank you so much for this. I have been avoiding going to the doctor for the best part of three years as i am so scared of what they might say. It has now got to the point where knowing either way will be more beneficial for my wellbeing then not.

It is these kind of stories that give me hope that it may one day happen for us. Thank you again

MissD X

over a year ago

evesham

"

It does happen slot though. Take Mr for instance. Never had regular periods, eat shut loads anyway and got lots of fat for the baby to hide in. Mixed with tablets that already upset my stomach, if I want planning on having one it could go unnoticed.

love your typo's.. glad to read Petes never had a period before lol

btw i know someone who fell pregnant on the implant after only 8 months so nothing is 100% "

Bet he will be glad to hear it as well lol

I really should proof read things

over a year ago

That's brilliant glad they are both ok.

My older sister didn't find out she was having her son till she was 34 weeks gone i was in shock for days.

over a year ago

I hate them. This is my biggest fear!!!!!! "

yes it would be my bigest fear too.

dont worry though, i think most people can tell when they are pregnant.

over a year ago

evesham

yes it would be my bigest fear too.

dont worry though, i think most people can tell when they are pregnant. "

Several stories here and in my friends life prove different lol there is a programme called didn't know I was pregnant where loads of people tell their stories.

over a year ago

At 44 u may think the feelings and symptoms are due to ur age..

Ps I never got morning sickness

over a year ago

Easy as sometimes women still have periods and sometimes the baby grows at the back or something which leads you not to get the bump.. My friend was pregnant and you could not notice as she hardly had a bump.. "

surely the baby still moves tho, if its alive it will move, i felt like i had a 5 aside footy match going on inside me, i cant believe someone can carry a child for 9 months and not feel it move at all

over a year ago

surely the baby still moves tho, if its alive it will move, i felt like i had a 5 aside footy match going on inside me, i cant believe someone can carry a child for 9 months and not feel it move at all "

Thats what i said to her but i already know someone who thought they had stomach pains and gave birth in the ambulance without knowing.

When i was pregnant his arms and legs kicking out the side of me.

All she said was she had been having indestion for awhile. She is a bonny girl so i can see why she wouldnt necessarly show. But i just cant believe that they dont feel the baby kicking, i mean it keeps you awake some nights as its so bad.

Two weeks since i saw her and she definetly did not look pregnant then

over a year ago

My niece didnt know she was pregnant till she was about 37 wks. She already had 3 boys and had a daughter two weeks ago. Shes lovely

over a year ago

OP, don't worry about me, as I am not going to shock you like that!

It will be miracle for me to have a bun in the oven at my age!

Post new Message to Thread