Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What's the weirdest thing ...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You have met as you have been driving along the road to your house? .......

I turned into my road and met a real live Cow meandering along the road like it didnt have a care in the road .....

I then end up giving the police a running commentary where the damned thing was and was going until they managed to get here ........

No I havent been drinking or popping anything ............ not sure the police believed me initially lol ......

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

A horse galloped across the road in front of me, I did a total emergency stop and it took me a few mins to get back on track, scared the life out of me.

Rang the stables as soon as i got home.

over a year ago

"A horse galloped across the road in front of me, I did a total emergency stop and it took me a few mins to get back on track, scared the life out of me.

Rang the stables as soon as i got home. "

As its dark I 999'd it ..... didnt want anyone to hit it

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

Maybe it had a meet arranged???

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"You have met as you have been driving along the road to your house? .......

I turned into my road and met a real live Cow meandering along the road like it didnt have a care in the road .....

I then end up giving the police a running commentary where the damned thing was and was going until they managed to get here ........

No I havent been drinking or popping anything ............ not sure the police believed me initially lol ...... "

I had a similar incident with 3 cows that had decided to nip out for a wander! They'd wandered onto a 40mph road into the middle of a crossroads, fortunately it was late at night so quiet. An off duty copper and myself had to kind of herd them back to the field round the corner...although to be honest I think they'd realised the pub was shut so had decided to head back anyway!! x

By *erkshireMan123Man
over a year ago

Devizes

"You have met as you have been driving along the road to your house? .......

No I havent been drinking or popping anything ............ not sure the police believed me initially lol ......

I had a similar incident with 3 cows that had decided to nip out for a wander! They'd wandered onto a 40mph road into the middle of a crossroads, fortunately it was late at night so quiet. An off duty copper and myself had to kind of herd them back to the field round the corner...although to be honest I think they'd realised the pub was shut so had decided to head back anyway!! x"

half a dozen cows walking around my street early one morning. they had got out from a nearby field.. oddest thing lol

over a year ago

6 horses ran up the main street in ottershaw when I lived in the nurses accommodation. Called the police they thought we were on something that night till other people reported it. Never seen so many police in ottershaw as I did that night

over a year ago

Being a country bumpkin I'm used to all manner of animals wandering round the streets. I once opened the curtains to my patio doors to discover 6 cows in my garden. I've also shot pheasants from my back door, found chickens on the roof of my car. It's a bit like living in 1863!!!

over a year ago

I stopped at a crossing once and a short fat black woman crossed the road in front of me. She was stark naked. No shoes or anything. She was about 20.

She didn't bat an eyelid, crossed the road and carried on walking.

over a year ago

I used to live in rural wales, on the trip home from work there was regularily an escapee donkey and also in a few fields from my house the farmer had several llamas which were known to find their way into my driveway every now and again! Lol!

over a year ago

Its a long way to the nearest farm round here lol

over a year ago

An Ostrich at 6am in the morning burst out of the back of a van (very true) and it "legged" it down the road

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I was walking down the street one day and a 10ft clown came round the corner and scared the shit out of me and a bull ran by my house one day and pinned someone against a wall,

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh and we was on a motorway once cant remember where and all the traffic stopped as a mother duck and her babies where crossing over the road

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I stopped at a crossing once and a short fat black woman crossed the road in front of me. She was stark naked. No shoes or anything. She was about 20.

She didn't bat an eyelid, crossed the road and carried on walking. "

If it was 27 years ago I apologise for the shock I must have caused.

over a year ago

"Being a country bumpkin I'm used to all manner of animals wandering round the streets. I once opened the curtains to my patio doors to discover 6 cows in my garden. I've also shot pheasants from my back door, found chickens on the roof of my car. It's a bit like living in 1863!!! "

id love all that

over a year ago

I had a deer run into the road in front of me once and then ran along the road in front of me until I got to the turning for my road.

And in the way home from the school run the other day there were 6 swans in the road...took blimmin ages to get past them!

S x

over a year ago

I have seen the family of ducks crossing edge lane in Liverpool, it was that good it made the front page of the Liverpool Echo.

I was out for a drive round Pulborpugh and there was two swans causing havoc on the road, I got of the car and tried to move them to the side of the road but the daft sod kept coming back.

By *ll-Knight-longMan
over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

Strangest thing I saw coming down the road was a bridge section cutting across the junction to get around a bend

over a year ago

"Oh and we was on a motorway once cant remember where and all the traffic stopped as a mother duck and her babies where crossing over the road"

My sister still lives with the guilt of coming round a corner on a country road and killing a duck...that was being followed by its ducklings. She was so upset...the poor ducklings scarpered so no idea what happened to them

over a year ago

had a squirrel appear from the side of a sliproad - straight into my front wheel - it didnt suffer i dont think but the sick and guilty feeling stayed with me for days

over a year ago

"I stopped at a crossing once and a short fat black woman crossed the road in front of me. She was stark naked. No shoes or anything. She was about 20.

She didn't bat an eyelid, crossed the road and carried on walking.

If it was 27 years ago I apologise for the shock I must have caused."

I would've thought you would have at least had flip flops on.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"had a squirrel appear from the side of a sliproad - straight into my front wheel - it didnt suffer i dont think but the sick and guilty feeling stayed with me for days "

I had one similar but it hunched down in the middle of the road. I looked in my mirror to see it stand up straight and run off...

over a year ago

"had a squirrel appear from the side of a sliproad - straight into my front wheel - it didnt suffer i dont think but the sick and guilty feeling stayed with me for days

I had one similar but it hunched down in the middle of the road. I looked in my mirror to see it stand up straight and run off... "

wish id had that view - i heard and felt the thud - and a quick glance back was enough

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I've hit deer twice during my driving years...first time I clipped it and it escaped into the field (dunno if it died or not), second time, it was still alive and I dragged it to the side of the road with a friend and the guy in the car behind me got a gun and put it down...also was once almost rammed by a bull escaping from a field, and once was a passenger in a car that hit a cow (painful whiplash for a while)...joys of living in the country

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Living in Derby I have occasionally witnessed convoys of train engines and carriages being transported from one site to another.

Not much fun when you are stuck behind one though

over a year ago

A fish tied to a lamp post? I've no idea why, and yes I was totally sober lol

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Maybe it's owner had gone into the newsagent to buy a copy of Anglers Monthly

over a year ago

It's quite normal round here to have deer crossing the roads etc I'm not sure there would be much that surprised me.

over a year ago

Not on my way home ,but a spade fell off the back of a lorry on the M25 and was bouncing towards us on the way to the airport, it actually bounced over the top of the car

over a year ago

"Maybe it's owner had gone into the newsagent to buy a copy of Anglers Monthly "

It were tied to a lamp post outside a night club.. about a foot in length. Very bizarre! (maybe it were someone's way of snagging some pussy? who knows, it was in manchester lol)

over a year ago

I think the fish gets it lol

over a year ago

Oh and there was a time when we were riding down a country lane (not slow, but not too fast) and a pheasant flew into our pathway and hit my ex in the chest.. Totally winded him and bruised his ribs !!

over a year ago

I walk to work everyday through an ind est , couple of years back I came across 2 guys stealing washing powder from a trailer and loading it into there van, they froze when they saw me , I just walked past and said "Morning , oh see those camera's there manned 24/7 " they looked up and said "shit" , at that exact moment a police car came screeching round the corner , never seen someone move so fast ,they didn't get far though lol .

Was nice to see the boys in blue they turned up at just the right time !

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Thought they would have shown the coppers a clean pair of heels

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

"Not on my way home ,but a spade fell off the back of a lorry on the M25 and was bouncing towards us on the way to the airport, it actually bounced over the top of the car "

that spade belonged to Doug

over a year ago

badger was on the doorstep and i couldnt get in the door when id finished babysitting one night

over a year ago

We had a deer run down my parents' road years ago. Ended up in the neighbours garden. Very random!

By *illbillMan
over a year ago

dublin

cows aint new to me or unusual...or anyother animal...butthe most unusual was at about 2am a lad in a wheelechair travelling up the motorway in the hard shoulder...didnt pass a broken down car so he was obviously using it to go home and not stranded

over a year ago

OOOh I had a really bad one.

I used to ride my motorbike from Cornwall to Hampshire every couple of weeks.....I go to Ringwood near Southampton and a Pheasant flew out of a field and hit he in the chest....not nice at 60...!!! Cracked my visor and wow you should have seen the mess...yuck!!....I managed to control the bike and was left with the biggest bruise on my chest I had ever seen......a close escape...

over a year ago

Generally speaking I would say that cows in the road aren't unusual ........ but I live in the middle of a Town ............ they are very unusual in the middle of the road here lol

By *illbillMan
over a year ago

dublin

"OOOh I had a really bad one.

I used to ride my motorbike from Cornwall to Hampshire every couple of weeks.....I go to Ringwood near Southampton and a Pheasant flew out of a field and hit he in the chest....not nice at 60...!!! Cracked my visor and wow you should have seen the mess...yuck!!....I managed to control the bike and was left with the biggest bruise on my chest I had ever seen......a close escape...

"

lucky escape...could of ended up a lot worse man

over a year ago

Darn near hit a cow in the middle of Birmingham once... Swerved just in time....

Mother-in-law blood is a bitch to get off ya head lights.....

over a year ago

A baby deer whilst driving thru Thetford Forest. Unfortunately it was wedged in our front grille

over a year ago

As an alarm response rider, I get called to a property just on the outskirts of london in the middle of a fair sized wood. There is a gated guard house area with 24/7blokes there who are there to prevent the use of the private road only, the long road up to the property has a strict speed limit of 10mph, upon leaving the property safe and secure and making my way down said road, a badger crosses, gets the hump with me, and decides and scrap is in order, in short, running away from an angry badger at 10mph past a laughing security guard, until the badger spotted him as an easier target and turned his attention to the guard, that bloke shod have been a sprinter ......lol. Serves him right for laughing.

over a year ago

I once came upon a large boat sitting in the middle of the main road - all on it's own...

Some guy had been moving it on a trailer, behind his tractor, but hadn't roped if on.

Tractor and trailer went hurtling around a right turn into a side road, but the boat just kept going, for a good 50 yards....

And there it was - just as I came along....!!!

Post new Message to Thread