Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

hair colour - ladies help?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Right I know its abit random but wanted some advice other than friends. I'm a light blonde (natural blonde aswel bt have been dyin it to keep it light blonde) and I got pale skin and blue eyes. I want to dye it a total dif colour but not sure what to go. I would like to go red bt don't know if I got the guts to do it as I've heard it could go ginger.any suggestions?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

do a strand test first and you will see what colour it will turn out

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am a hairdressing wholesaler ssshhhhhh lol,,,,

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

If you want to go red look into a coloured remover for your hair to neutrality the bleach on it from the blonde then go for it technically if you remove bleach it should be ok.

over a year ago

Well I recently decided to go Brunette for the first time, and absolutely hated it and now back to Blonde lol

What ever you decide to do, try a semi-permant one until your sure.

By *organ and rob zombieCouple
over a year ago

bradford

I'm a red head (in a bottle) lol

I'm fair skinned and blue eyed, get more comments about my red hair, than any other colour it's been, my friend does it for me, professional hairdresser and colourist, I highly rec you get some good advice and get it done at the salon, for better results x especially as the colour change is more drastic x hope that helps, I'll send you a face pic of me, to show you my red hair x

over a year ago

Do it red. Gooooo on. Don't be scared. Worse that can happen is you turn into a ginger ninja till you sort it. Red hair looks amazing I think, so its worth the risk just to keep me happy and seen as I'm the most important person here. My happiness is all that matters.

Good luck and gods speed taffy lady xx

over a year ago

Whoops !!! Don't go red ,,, thd fade is dreadful unless you upkeep the colour with a colourball which is a colour conditioner ,,, red fades terrible and in the sun is awful ,,, careful to if you swim the chlorine strips it , stay blonde , even use one of the Schwarzkopf colours from boots , but as the couple said above always do a strand test , pain in the ass but better safe than sorry x

over a year ago

If your changing colour be 100% sure what you want.

Going red from blonde is fine if done professionally. But red will fade quickly and can look wishy washy quite quickly. Have you considered and nice chesnut brown? If you want any advice just ask.

Btw I know I'm not a lady but am a hairdresser

over a year ago

I used to have mine red all the time from a dark red to a pillar box red,but it became really popular so i changed it.

Also red is pretty hard to upkeep and keep it vibrant it bleeds a lot.

Do a strand test or go darker gradually till you get the tone you want.

over a year ago

Just get some (bleach) highlights put in to bring out a shaded/streaky effect.

I recommend visiting a hairdresser, a friend of mine actually tried Domestos on her hair!

Not a good result!

over a year ago

I love changing my hair colour...you should have no problems going from any blonde shade to a red shade, most gingers happen going from dark to light!

Hope this helps!

over a year ago

Go to the hairdressers first....too many do the diy home and end up in the hairdressing chair and then we end up trying to correct it...best advice ...go to a good hairdresser...once you have your base colour and you like it then diy but hairdressers first.

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

i never dyed my hair think a woman should do it only when gets older with grey hair i hv beautiful straight dark brown hair i love my looks and my brits friends are getting bald lol dye products for hair is bad for ur hair and health

over a year ago

"i never dyed my hair think a woman should do it only when gets older with grey hair i hv beautiful straight dark brown hair i love my looks and my brits friends are getting bald lol dye products for hair is bad for ur hair and health "

Depends on what you use and how often. Not everyone is blessed with naturally great colour hair

over a year ago

"i never dyed my hair think a woman should do it only when gets older with grey hair i hv beautiful straight dark brown hair i love my looks and my brits friends are getting bald lol dye products for hair is bad for ur hair and health "

I got my first grey hair at 19 if i hadn't id look like scoffers

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

its bad belive me ,we all born with good hair and fuck it up dye and messing about with the hair leave it natural and dye when u get older

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I went grey as a teenager so have dyed mine all my adult life even though most people don't realise.

But I have recently been told I will only be able to use vegetable dyes in future - anyone got any recommendations?

OP what about strawberry blonde? It's a halfway step to red and you can judge how the tones suit your skin.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"If your changing colour be 100% sure what you want.

Going red from blonde is fine if done professionally. But red will fade quickly and can look wishy washy quite quickly. Have you considered and nice chesnut brown? If you want any advice just ask.

Btw I know I'm not a lady but am a hairdresser "

Hey mr badman .. should I colour my hair ?? if so what would you recommend

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

my friends are so insecure low confidence always changing the hair colour and putting extentions why for? looks crap they cannot see they are beautiful natural

over a year ago

Lol...that's simply not true, its about allowing your hair time to recover..

I've bleached and coloured my hair for 30 years, no signs of baldness yet...well not up top anyway...lol!

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

well well born natural beautiful sucks haha good luck to her

over a year ago

"my friends are so insecure low confidence always changing the hair colour and putting extentions why for? looks crap they cannot see they are beautiful natural "

Being colouring my hair since I was 15 and its been all colours and now have hair extensions too..not cos im insecure simply want long hair..no baldness and my hairs in excellent condtion...always as been so doesn't always follow

over a year ago

Thanks guys. Ill prob try a shade of brown 1st as I'm not used to dying my hair but I would love to go a bright red.is it easier to go from a blonde to red or light brown to red x

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

luck you x

over a year ago

"Thanks guys. Ill prob try a shade of brown 1st as I'm not used to dying my hair but I would love to go a bright red.is it easier to go from a blonde to red or light brown to red x"

make sure its a red/brown or you will go green

over a year ago

"Thanks guys. Ill prob try a shade of brown 1st as I'm not used to dying my hair but I would love to go a bright red.is it easier to go from a blonde to red or light brown to red x"

If you want RED... go red, you just won't love the other colours as much...

over a year ago

Ive got really pale skin im a ginger but dark hair really suits me. Bit drastic as theres no going back tho!

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"Just get some (bleach) highlights put in to bring out a shaded/streaky effect.

I recommend visiting a hairdresser, a friend of mine actually tried Domestos on her hair!

Not a good result!

"

lol .. couldnt make it up !!

over a year ago

"Right I know its abit random but wanted some advice other than friends. I'm a light blonde (natural blonde aswel bt have been dyin it to keep it light blonde) and I got pale skin and blue eyes. I want to dye it a total dif colour but not sure what to go. I would like to go red bt don't know if I got the guts to do it as I've heard it could go ginger.any suggestions?"

If you get it done professionally you will be fine and you can co the exact shade of red you want too.

over a year ago

Hey mr badman .. should I colour my hair ?? if so what would you recommend "

You teasing me?

Last time I saw you in salon you didn't need a colour was lovely the way it was x

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

dont do it ,i went ginger and had to put a dark brown on top

over a year ago

This is an interesting thread and can I have some advice please on the disaster my hair has currently become.

I dyed my hair a fuscia pink for my Marie Antoinette look when I went to Torture Garden. It wasn't a permanent dye so I thought it would wash out fine. I am naturally blonde and I have very pale skin.

Now whilst the hair was great for the night out, it does not suit my skintone. I have been washing my hair 3 times a day to try and reduce the colour and its now a barbie pink on the crown. It has been embarrassing because pink hair is not appropriate in my line of work. I've had to wear wide hairbands and keep my hair tied up.

The colour seems to have stained my hair. On Thursday I go to the hairdressers but I'm worried about the effect of stripping my hair and I'm not having any bleach on it. I have naturally curly hair and my curls will be prone to frizz if its too chemically enhanced.

Please help me Badman and Its Me x

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Right I know its abit random but wanted some advice other than friends. I'm a light blonde (natural blonde aswel bt have been dyin it to keep it light blonde) and I got pale skin and blue eyes. I want to dye it a total dif colour but not sure what to go. I would like to go red bt don't know if I got the guts to do it as I've heard it could go ginger.any suggestions?"

I have the same colouring. I went red a few years ago. Made my hair very dry and frizzy and made me look washed out and ill.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have roots.......I so need to dye my hair..

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"do a strand test first and you will see what colour it will turn out "

The only thing with that is you have to buy a whole box. What if you do it and decide you don't like it? They should do a strand test sample!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I've been dying my hair since I was 15. I will be 51 this year. My hair is thick and shiny. We are not all the same, just as not all Brazilians will have great hair (no pun intended).

By *ushykebab69Couple
over a year ago

maidstone

I was blonde, out of a bottle for years, been deep red now for about 20 years, I use excell 10, dark copper mahogany and I love it, do it myself every 4 weeks, be brave whatever you decide to do, my daughter has just gone from blonde to bright red, that looks nice too

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

S has been dying hers for over 30 years now with no ill effects...been red for about the last 15 of those with the odd foray back to blonde and a fatal error with a black and red two tone colour once(she's ginger-ish naturally, as far a she can remember) !

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Oh, and she's never had it done by a professional apart from when she's modelled in hairdressing competitions.

over a year ago

What's wrong with ginger?

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Right I know its abit random but wanted some advice other than friends. I'm a light blonde (natural blonde aswel bt have been dyin it to keep it light blonde) and I got pale skin and blue eyes. I want to dye it a total dif colour but not sure what to go. I would like to go red bt don't know if I got the guts to do it as I've heard it could go ginger.any suggestions?

What's wrong with ginger? "

Nowt, I've married two of them ! Though neither have stuck to their natural colour, or indeed had their natural hair colour when I met them, so I must be subliminally attracted to ginger girls !

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

You teasing me?

Last time I saw you in salon you didn't need a colour was lovely the way it was x"

LOL well thank you So I shouldnt change it then??

over a year ago

As a redhead (natural) that went blonde, reds have more fun. I'm still covering the blonde at the ends of my hair as its quite long and it's a pain to keep looking rich.

The roots, about 6 inches are my natural colour but I put a semi in about every 2 weeks.

I use professional products as I'm in the industry..

I'd go professional first time if I were you..

Good luck!

over a year ago

You teasing me?

Last time I saw you in salon you didn't need a colour was lovely the way it was x

LOL well thank you So I shouldnt change it then??"

Only change it if you want a change. Mine is collar length blonde and brown now x

over a year ago

Well I ended up going a chestnut coloured brown x

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Are you pleased post a piccy

Post new Message to Thread