Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Spelling and text speak

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone else get fed up with the poor spelling and text speak on profiles and messages?

They're just so hard to read sometimes.... but some spellings do make me chuckle.

And to think I used to think my spelling was bad!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bad spellings sometimes can't really be helped much, but text talk on a profile I'm not keen at all.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Yep - if they cant even be bothered to type properly - what else cant they be bothered with.....TUT TUT TUT

By *pecializedMan
over a year ago

newcastle/northumberland

got to say im bad at spelling

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Yes, hrd 2 rd wot ppl say.

Most of my posts are from a phone, so if I can entire words, any bugger can.

over a year ago

how many people have got tounge on their profile ??? lol

its bloody tongue

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"got to say im bad at spelling"

Spelling is not so bad, but on most pc's there is a spell checker - so not really any excuse.

You are advertising yourself, so surely you would want to make the best impression as poss (SHIT - will go and check my profile very quickly after hitting the post message button here, lol)

But the text speak on here to me seems just damn lazy, although i have got used to saying YU rather than YOU.

Ooooops x

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"how many people have got tounge on their profile ??? lol

its bloody tongue "

hahahaha- thats so true!!!!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Zoe is soooo anal about spelling so often we discount folks due to such things although i cant say i always agree with her

Steve

By *pecializedMan
over a year ago

newcastle/northumberland

just get excited

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Zoe is soooo anal about spelling so often we discount folks due to such things although i cant say i always agree with her

Steve "

an ex fb of mine used to call me Miss Spell Checker!!!!!

Think maybe i was a bit anal too perhaps!!! haha

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i hate it when people use sowwi instead of sorry - you are not saving any characters so just type sorry!!!

Pweez is another bug bear!!!!!!!!!!!

over a year ago

I quite like some peoples spelling mistakes...

No matter which profile or e-mail they use... you know who they are eh lol..

over a year ago

"I quite like some peoples spelling mistakes...

No matter which profile or e-mail they use... you know who they are eh lol.. "

chuckles.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

chuckles."

shit- that obvious eh!!!!!

over a year ago

chuckles.

shit- that obvious eh!!!!! "

Attention to detail...

over a year ago

chuckles.

shit- that obvious eh!!!!!

Attention to detail... "

I have an excuse...laughter is painful..it makes my eyes hurt! lol

over a year ago

my spelling is shit, and i use text speak to and if anyone dont like it they can fuck off cos i aint here to show how smart i am i am here to get laid and my shit spelling aint got in the way of that lol

over a year ago

"my spelling is shit, and i use text speak to and if anyone dont like it they can fuck off cos i aint here to show how smart i am i am here to get laid and my shit spelling aint got in the way of that lol"

you have mastered cunt and thats all you need hun......

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"my spelling is shit, and i use text speak to and if anyone dont like it they can fuck off cos i aint here to show how smart i am i am here to get laid and my shit spelling aint got in the way of that lol"

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

That sentance was actually all correctly spelt madam!!!!

MWAH xxx

over a year ago

Yeah... but you ain't foolin nobody lol...

over a year ago

"my spelling is shit, and i use text speak to and if anyone dont like it they can fuck off cos i aint here to show how smart i am i am here to get laid and my shit spelling aint got in the way of that lol

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

MWAH xxx"

only cos there was no long words there init

over a year ago

"my spelling is shit, and i use text speak to and if anyone dont like it they can fuck off cos i aint here to show how smart i am i am here to get laid and my shit spelling aint got in the way of that lol

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

MWAH xxx"

ooooooh and were was u last night lady

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"

ooooooh and were was u last night lady"

Hey - i tried ringing you to find out what number you were - but ended up in a FFFM instead, YUMMY INDEED.

Did end up at same hotel, just not same room, lol xxxx

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Hate text speak, its ok when your sending a quick text message on your phone, but not on profiles or messages.

By the way I can spell but my keyboard can't

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Hate text speak, its ok when your sending a quick text message on your phone, but not on profiles or messages.

By the way I can spell but my keyboard can't "

hahahahaha

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

The problem is I don't really now how to spell text speak

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"The problem is I don't really now how to spell text speak"

Why is that a problem???

over a year ago

Well, don't want to get shot down in flames here, but.......... one of my few educational claims to fame is an 'O'level certificate for English!! I know I know, not particularly grand, but there's not much else for me to crow about when it comes to my education!! lol

So I have to confess that I'm regularly amazed at people's lack of knowledge of the English language, both spelling and grammar! And something that particularly surprises me is the fact that although most areas where we write something via computer have a spellchecker, many folk don't seem to bother with what's underlined by it and go back and rectify it!

I mis-type stuff all the time so spend half my time re-typing, but that's just me!

over a year ago

"Well, don't want to get shot down in flames here, but.......... one of my few educational claims to fame is an 'O'level certificate for English!! I know I know, not particularly grand, but there's not much else for me to crow about when it comes to my education!! lol

So I have to confess that I'm regularly amazed at people's lack of knowledge of the English language, both spelling and grammar! And something that particularly surprises me is the fact that although most areas where we write something via computer have a spellchecker, many folk don't seem to bother with what's underlined by it and go back and rectify it!

I mis-type stuff all the time so spend half my time re-typing, but that's just me!"

some people are too busy getting shags on ere then rather going anal through their posts to make sure it looks just right maybe?

one thing that always makes me laugh, is that people assume someone who is not bothered by making sure their spelling, gammar and so on is perfect on here, they think ya thick lol.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"The problem is I don't really now how to spell text speak

Why is that a problem???"

Because not only can I not type it I can't bloody read it

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Well, don't want to get shot down in flames here, but.......... one of my few educational claims to fame is an 'O'level certificate for English!! I know I know, not particularly grand, but there's not much else for me to crow about when it comes to my education!! lol

I mis-type stuff all the time so spend half my time re-typing, but that's just me!"

A gentleman after my own heart

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"The problem is I don't really now how to spell text speak

Why is that a problem???

Because not only can I not type it I can't bloody read it"

Well ya dont want to type it - cos NO ONE can read it. LOL Thats the real problem!!!

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"Hate text speak, its ok when your sending a quick text message on your phone, .......... "

I don't agree. It's lazy and, at best, only saves a few seconds. Some people suggest that the number of characters available for SMS means they have to contract words. I don't agree with that either. I've yet to see a text message of 160 characters that couldn't, with a bit of thought, be written in half that number.

Then there's the effect text speak is having on levels of literacy amongst kids............

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I mis-type stuff all the time so spend half my time re-typing, but that's just me!

A gentleman after my own heart"

Hear, hear.... there are many words that aren't picked up on spell checker because they are right, but the wrong word like to instead of too, write instead of right etc etc..... Still doesn't detract from the fact that they're wrong......

It certainly matters to many as the replies on this post are testament to. Quality it seems, matters!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Hate text speak, its ok when your sending a quick text message on your phone, ..........

I don't agree. It's lazy and, at best, only saves a few seconds. Some people suggest that the number of characters available for SMS means they have to contract words. I don't agree with that either. I've yet to see a text message of 160 characters that couldn't, with a bit of thought, be written in half that number.

Then there's the effect text speak is having on levels of literacy amongst kids............ "

most get unlimited texts now anyway -so it dont matter how many you use to get across what you want to say.

On text tho - you really are just talking to like for like.

On your profile - you are hoping to attract, so therefore should surely want to make a good impression???

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

"Hate text speak, its ok when your sending a quick text message on your phone, ..........

Then there's the effect text speak is having on levels of literacy amongst kids............ "

I mostly write in full, just occasionally shorten long words, my daughters text messages are a nightmare to read, so much so that I have to ring her to ask her what it says! Lol.

over a year ago

I usually write in full, but I think for the different mediums everyone writes a little differently (letter/email/phone(text) - you just have to understand that different people have different preferences and be aware it may not have the response you want!

Maybe it's another thread, but how many times have you written something (or text) and the receiver has read it differently than you meant as the sender???????????

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I'm not that anal about spelling - on posts etc it doesn't really metter - on your profile it looks better if spelt right etc - but can't deal with text speak at all! Z

over a year ago

"Does anyone else get fed up with the poor spelling and text speak on profiles and messages?

They're just so hard to read sometimes.... but some spellings do make me chuckle.

And to think I used to think my spelling was bad!!!

"

I believe it is something to do with the yoof of today!

I text long hand, just shows my age really!

over a year ago

Isn't it interesting how there always seems to be one person who has to take things personally.

The words "cap" and "fit" come to mind!!

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Of course, if your spelling is bad... Go download Google Chrome browser. It spell checks everything I type in the forum. Comes up just like Word does with a red line underneath! (Good, lightweight browser too!)

By *obblybitsCouple
over a year ago

huddersfield

wow only two months on hear it has taken for some one to bring up spelling!! that must be a sodding record were ever I have been before.

aw well some people have all the luck been nice and hay ((((they can spell)))

and to those who say use a spell check well if you didn't know already!! It only works if you know what the word looks like.. I think my words are spelled right the first time so how the hell would I be able to pick the right one out of a list of four!!!!

over a year ago

when i met someone of here. if i see spelling mistakes or bad grammar that dont put me off meeting them, i aint looking to do an english lesson, just a shag????

so for ME i dont care how u write u aint gonna fuck me through a letter???????

By *obblybitsCouple
over a year ago

huddersfield

compleetly agree. xx

over a year ago

and if someone is gonna judge me on the way i type, they not the kind of people i wanna meet anyway.

over a year ago

Lolololololol

over a year ago

don't you mean laugh out loud

over a year ago

You want me to laugh out loud?

I think that would be bad mannered!!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"when i met someone of here. if i see spelling mistakes or bad grammar that dont put me off meeting them, i aint looking to do an english lesson, just a shag????

"

How about a letter box??????????????

over a year ago

"when i met someone of here. if i see spelling mistakes or bad grammar that dont put me off meeting them, i aint looking to do an english lesson, just a shag????

How about a letter box??????????????"

well with some of the dudes on here fucking through a letter box seems fitting PMSL

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

well with some of the dudes on here fucking through a letter box seems fitting PMSL"

Yeah

1) it would fit!!!!

2) you would not have to look at the ugly fucking cunts, lol xxx

over a year ago

Is "letterbox" a new term for a condom? Or maybe only if it's a French one?

over a year ago

well with some of the dudes on here fucking through a letter box seems fitting PMSL

Yeah

1) it would fit!!!!

2) you would not have to look at the ugly fucking cunts, lol xxx"

u got it love lol

over a year ago

u lk book bbe wuld love to lick ur pus init.

over a year ago

"u lk book bbe wuld love to lick ur pus init."

ne tme darlin u no dat sexi mamma lol

over a year ago

"u lk book bbe wuld love to lick ur pus init.

ne tme darlin u no dat sexi mamma lol"

am hot tinking bout it bbe nah ya hot

Post new Message to Thread