Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Abusive Message..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was sent a message earlier to tell me I was reported for sending an abusive message. Because of it I have been given a formal warning ???

How do I find out the content of the message I have been reported for, because I've not once sent out an abusive message !!

I just delete or block if I'm not interested...

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Chances are you turned down someone who got pissed off ad decided to report you because of it. I'd ignore it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was sent a message earlier to tell me I was reported for sending an abusive message. Because of it I have been given a formal warning ???

How do I find out the content of the message I have been reported for, because I've not once sent out an abusive message !!

I just delete or block if I'm not interested... "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Look through your sent messages however admin will only have sent you a message if they have read something you have sent and judged it abusive.

I have a friend who got one of those and now just deletes and blocks undesirables before they ask why it was a no thanks.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't lose any sleep over it x it's really not worth it x

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

ask admin, to check the message and that it definetly came from your account.

Im not sure but if you report a message as being abusive to admin it shows them who sent the message. Dont think they will tell you the contents of the message though

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Look through your sent messages however admin will only have sent you a message if they have read something you have sent and judged it abusive.

I have a friend who got one of those and now just deletes and blocks undesirables before they ask why it was a no thanks. "

I've gone thru my sent box and only two messages where I've politely turned the guys down. One for being too young and the other I said no thankyou?

I'm never nasty or abusive. No need to be!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"ask admin, to check the message and that it definetly came from your account.

Im not sure but if you report a message as being abusive to admin it shows them who sent the message. Dont think they will tell you the contents of the message though"

Thankyou, I will.. Guess some ppl can't take a polite rejection

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Look through your sent messages however admin will only have sent you a message if they have read something you have sent and judged it abusive.

I have a friend who got one of those and now just deletes and blocks undesirables before they ask why it was a no thanks.

I've gone thru my sent box and only two messages where I've politely turned the guys down. One for being too young and the other I said no thankyou?

I'm never nasty or abusive. No need to be!"

You could use the contact button bottom of the page in the blue strip and ask admin although you are unlikely to get an answer if honest.

There are 2 schools on this.

1/Its an auto message if someone reports you and isn't read by admin.

2/Someone quickly reads it and sends the auto message.

Best be though is......not reply to people you are not interested in. Harsh all round but stops you getting reported.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm never nasty or abusive. No need to be!

You could use the contact button bottom of the page in the blue strip and ask admin although you are unlikely to get an answer if honest.

There are 2 schools on this.

1/Its an auto message if someone reports you and isn't read by admin.

2/Someone quickly reads it and sends the auto message.

Best be though is......not reply to people you are not interested in. Harsh all round but stops you getting reported. "

I don't usually reply, but as they made an effort with their message. I thought it only polite to message back out of politeness.. Don't think il bother again. lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

You are not alone I got booted for 4 days and don't know why or from who just wait it out

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Admin check every report. If they can verify the report with evidence they will normally issue a warning....none of the warnings are automated, every report is checked.

I wouldn't take the advice for you to take no notice of it as they don't give out warnings for nothingit...the best thing to do is go through your sent mails and see if there is anything there to warrant it.

Reply privately