Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What a waste !!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What do you roughly spend on food , weekly/mthly ?

And out of that spend........what do you waste...throw away ?

With food costs going up and up , do you think you could do more to save that of which you waste ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So far today 9.00 on breakfast and 15.00 on lunch not including tips

over a year ago

I throw little away other than bones, potato peelings plus I have 4 cats so anything my son and I cannot finish, they get

No idea how much I spend but think I need to curb buying chocolate given how much it costs

over a year ago

Roughly i spend about £80 a week and some weeks a little more when i have to stock up on flour and pasta and such.

And there can be times when a fair amount is wasted depends on if my lil un is on a picking week as she does and leaves most her dinners.

But i have two growing teens who tend to eat all the time so when they are about they are like human dustbins.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

The only thing i waste is milk sometimes, i only have it on my porridge and sometimes it goes by its sell by date otherwise i dont waste anything

over a year ago

I try not to throw too much away, I make stocks from bones and use leftovers where I can (bubble n squeak for lunch today).

As for food shopping, I spend very little really. I buy most of my vegetables fresh from a proper grocer and my meat either comes from a local farm or I shoot/butcher it myself. It's rare that I eat anything processed.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"The only thing i waste is milk sometimes, i only have it on my porridge and sometimes it goes by its sell by date otherwise i dont waste anything"

Try buying cravendale or store's own brand of filtered milk. I taste 100% better but more importantly it keeps for 2 weeks or longer (in the fridge) as the filtering process gets rid of the bacteria responsible for making milk go off. It is slightly more expensive but since switching to filtered a few years ago I have not wasted any.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"The only thing i waste is milk sometimes, i only have it on my porridge and sometimes it goes by its sell by date otherwise i dont waste anything

Try buying cravendale or store's own brand of filtered milk. I taste 100% better but more importantly it keeps for 2 weeks or longer (in the fridge) as the filtering process gets rid of the bacteria responsible for making milk go off. It is slightly more expensive but since switching to filtered a few years ago I have not wasted any."

thanks i will try that

Post new Message to Thread