Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Walk in clinics

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Are always full up to the rafters when i have to go and see my doc. You can't get an appointment for a week but as a patient you can wait up to 4 hours to see a doc....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

And then they wonder why A&E are full to bursting ? Open 24hrs a day, no appointment needed. It's not rocket science is it, open surgeries longer and make accessible

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I can't speak i feel like i am dying...now i know i don't take priority over children etc but its the nearest doc and it happens to be a walk in service which is packed every time i come in here...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"And then they wonder why A&E are full to bursting ? Open 24hrs a day, no appointment needed. It's not rocket science is it, open surgeries longer and make accessible "

whilst making cuts in spending??

over a year ago

"And then they wonder why A&E are full to bursting ? Open 24hrs a day, no appointment needed. It's not rocket science is it, open surgeries longer and make accessible

whilst making cuts in spending??"

Sorry, I don't understand ?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"And then they wonder why A&E are full to bursting ? Open 24hrs a day, no appointment needed. It's not rocket science is it, open surgeries longer and make accessible

whilst making cuts in spending??

Sorry, I don't understand ?"

the nhs is having to make massive spending cuts, how can they open surgeries for longer whilst making cuts.

longer opeing hours means increaed overheads and salaries

over a year ago

It is more expensive to process people in A&E than a GP appointment. The amount of people pile up in A&E, pushing people through the 4 hour wait times. When they push through the 4 hour wait, the hospital gets fined per patient. Distressed people have to wait longer to be seen, because someone who has had a pain now for three weeks but couldn't get a GP appointment, turns up at A&E making the queue longer.

Post new Message to Thread