Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Best way?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Enjoy forums, but often see them going wayyyyyyy off subject, so anyone know best way to comment on them, just had this brainwave of reading the OP's opening comment then ignore all other comments and respond to OP's comment only.

But might that backfire and you'll read like you are duplicating a similar response coincidently etc?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

They tend to go off subject when it's a topic done to death and the regular forum users take the piss and/or turn it into a thread for their amusement.

That said I've seen some contentious threads defused by taking a light hearted approach.

You can't stop the love ins derailing threads as single men are blocked by many and the only opportunity they get to shine is on the forums. By flirting/sucking up/playing the white knight at every opportunity they get, they don't care about the thread.

All you can do is put your point of view and leave them to it and see it for what it should be: fun!

over a year ago

Thank you, yes i have recognised the kind of pattern of,, a genuine ask,,then it starts off with folks reply with helpfull pointers, but then seems to be established experienced folks kinda add flippant* un-helpfull responses and it gets daft and very soon if you read comment by comment you soon forget what the original point/ask was.

But never thought in terms of folks using them as a chance to over-ride their blocks, thanks.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I tend to read through a thread before posting, as Miss has said you can duplicate someone else's point of view.

If it's light hearted banter then I generally just join in.

Mostly I talk bollocks and come on here to have some fun.

*courtesy of the useless information department*

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I tend to ring the opening thread, read a couple of posts thereafter and skip to the end and reply. I don't care if what I have to say has been replicated in other posts, its not an important piece of literature, its only the forum.

That said I've read every post on this thread so far

over a year ago

I have a dry sense of humour, i say that yet would really have to google,,,,dry humour, to define it myself,and i appreciate ironic stuff, they seem to be tricky to convey on here.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I tend to ring the opening thread"

How does that work then

Sorry, hijack over

Post new Message to Thread