Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

1 year left!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you had 1 year left to live....

Would you want to know?

What would you do? As in would you do something outrageous... or .....?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

To be pregnant and to feel what its like to give birth.. selfish I know as the child will not have their mother...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"To be pregnant and to feel what its like to give birth.. selfish I know as the child will not have their mother..."

It hurts. A lot. Lol.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I would say yes a lot more often and no too. Find some peace and sort out the paperwork so that my nearest and dearest aren't left with the mess.

over a year ago

"I would say yes a lot more often and no too. Find some peace and sort out the paperwork so that my nearest and dearest aren't left with the mess."

So why not do those things now?

For me, I don't know if I'd want to know or not.

As for what I'd do... probably not much differently to what I do now. My 'good memory' jar is filling up.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I would say yes a lot more often and no too. Find some peace and sort out the paperwork so that my nearest and dearest aren't left with the mess.

So why not do those things now?

For me, I don't know if I'd want to know or not.

As for what I'd do... probably not much differently to what I do now. My 'good memory' jar is filling up. "

I know I am not suggesting anything that I couldn't do now. I think having such a definite deadline will force me to get the crap done. I work well to a deadline that affects others but not to one that will only affect me.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I guess I d put my house in order so my kids and partner arent left with the mess to sort.

Then I d celebrate that year with them so they have good memories of their mum/ partner in her last year.

over a year ago

Thought this was the official announcement that Funky only had a year left before he goes.....

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Thought this was the official announcement that Funky only had a year left before he goes..... "
Sad faces because you are ...???

over a year ago

"I guess I d put my house in order so my kids and partner arent left with the mess to sort.

Then I d celebrate that year with them so they have good memories of their mum/ partner in her last year. "

Why not do that as of tomorrow? Make it your mission to create lots of good memories. Remind them of it sometimes too.

Like... for example... 'do you remember that day we sat by the side of the road watching the sun go down and having a right good laugh' (no mention of you being sat there because the car had a flat tyre!)

Always focus on the good stuff. If you do it often enough it becomes a really good habit.

over a year ago

Ide like to know yes.

Ide write lots of letters, make videos, take photos put them all in shoe boxes for my kids, then try my best to make very special memories for all of my family.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

If I had, and I knew for sure, there's a few people I'd survive.

over a year ago

"Thought this was the official announcement that Funky only had a year left before he goes..... Sad faces because you are ...??? "

We'll ALL miss him, when the day comes....

over a year ago

Yeah cos then it'd make evil plans muhahahahahaha

over a year ago

I was planning to write a book on this one day. It was to be based on somebody discovering they had a year left, and then deciding they'd spend that year doing crazy things that *might* get them killed. Heroic jobs, stunts, adrenaline rushes etc. Not planning to get themselves killed, but having a 'to hell with it attitude' and if they happened to die, at least it would be in style.

And of course there was to be a twist.. but I haven't written it yet

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I'd like to travel

over a year ago

"I was planning to write a book on this one day. It was to be based on somebody discovering they had a year left, and then deciding they'd spend that year doing crazy things that *might* get them killed. Heroic jobs, stunts, adrenaline rushes etc. Not planning to get themselves killed, but having a 'to hell with it attitude' and if they happened to die, at least it would be in style.

And of course there was to be a twist.. but I haven't written it yet"

Sort of like the film Bucket list?

By *nfieldishCouple
over a year ago

Enfield

"To be pregnant and to feel what its like to give birth.. selfish I know as the child will not have their mother...

It hurts. A lot. Lol. "

Never seems to stop having more....

Just saying

over a year ago

"I was planning to write a book on this one day. It was to be based on somebody discovering they had a year left, and then deciding they'd spend that year doing crazy things that *might* get them killed. Heroic jobs, stunts, adrenaline rushes etc. Not planning to get themselves killed, but having a 'to hell with it attitude' and if they happened to die, at least it would be in style.

Sort of like the film Bucket list? "

Possibly I haven't seen it - but everything on the list would need to have the potential for death.

over a year ago

Possibly I haven't seen it - but everything on the list would need to have the potential for death."

Write it.

over a year ago

Possibly I haven't seen it - but everything on the list would need to have the potential for death.

Write it. "

Suggestions for suitable death defying activities welcome Posting a poorly written bareback BBW pregnancy thread on here might be one of them.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I tend to tell people how i feel and i have quite a lot in order. I would spend the year making memories, especially with my son as he would have a life time to remember them and record the ones that i could.

But it would be simple things im not about to do any mad things like jumpin a cage with a tiger and wrestle it

over a year ago

Ooh a year's not long. I'd have to take out a massive loan (if allowed) and go live somewhere sunny...

...or maybe go somewhere 3rd-worldy and do something worthwhile

Hmm...OK, 6 months of each

over a year ago

I had to make a call last year to an old friend given two weeks to live. I hadn't seen her for a year or so, and it took a few deep breaths - be composed, don't sound upset etc. (but what the fuck to say?!)

Anyway, phoned her and despite my best intentions it was her that was reassuring me. She said she'd come to terms with it and then chatted about things we'd done, how much they'd meant to her.

I phoned her again a week later and passed on well wishes from other people we knew. She died the next day. Sad, but it struck me how in control she had been.

over a year ago

ive done this with a partner who passed away with cancer - we didnt do much as treatment and illness got in the way but we did a lot of holding each other and talking - his legacy to me goes deep - i know i was truly loved and miss him terribly but he also gives me the strength to carry on and ive met an equally gorgeous guy since

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

I had this in reverse with my late wife when she had a tumor, she was going for treatment, but the surgeon had told me it was terminal.

She did not know, which enabled me to make the last 6mths as comfortable as possible with out her worrying.

I even kept it up with all the family till the last few days as I knew they would not have coped with the truth

over a year ago

"I had this in reverse with my late wife when she had a tumor, she was going for treatment, but the surgeon had told me it was terminal.

She did not know, which enabled me to make the last 6mths as comfortable as possible with out her worrying.

I even kept it up with all the family till the last few days as I knew they would not have coped with the truth "

think we find an incredible depth of strength to get through these times - once he passed away i fell apart 0 it had been a long 11 months - carrying him and his family - wouldnt have had it any other way - hugs for you xxx s

over a year ago

"I had this in reverse with my late wife when she had a tumor, she was going for treatment, but the surgeon had told me it was terminal.

I even kept it up with all the family till the last few days as I knew they would not have coped with the truth

think we find an incredible depth of strength to get through these times - once he passed away i fell apart 0 it had been a long 11 months - carrying him and his family - wouldnt have had it any other way - hugs for you xxx s "

Hugs from me too. For everyone posting xxxxx

over a year ago

"If you had 1 year left to live....

Would you want to know?

What would you do? As in would you do something outrageous... or .....?"

I was going to say sell up and spend the lot but on reflection I would pool my resources and play Dexter for 12 months with the knowledge there would be no lifetime in jail.

Post new Message to Thread