Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Age gaps

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So you all know I've got someone special in my life at the moment.

We went to a club last night and there was a rather awkward conversation in the jacuzzi about age gaps (he is 39 and I'm 27)

Have any other couples with an age gap ever had comments about it? Basically the woman was insinuating that age gaps in a relationship means the woman is paid for or after the guy's money.

I've always gone for guys older than me but never had someone saying something so obvious about it before and thought I'd see if anyone could offer advice.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

tell her to mind her own business

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"So you all know I've got someone special in my life at the moment.

"

Do we?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

10 - 15 years is nothing but if it was a 25 yr old with a 75 yr old then they may have a point.

over a year ago

We went to a club last night and there was a rather awkward conversation in the jacuzzi about age gaps (he is 39 and I'm 27)

Have any other couples with an age gap ever had comments about it? Basically the woman was insinuating that age gaps in a relationship means the woman is paid for or after the guy's money.

I've always gone for guys older than me but never had someone saying something so obvious about it before and thought I'd see if anyone could offer advice. "

Well if thats the logic i have very poor judgement, although he does keep telling me he's going to be rich as soon as we graduate

Lucy

over a year ago

If you are both happy together then its nobody else's business.

Ignore it and go on with your lives together.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Don't listen to anything she has to say... I have always dated men in their 40's. On one occasion they thought he was my dad... If you are happy then don't worry what anyone thinks.. Its your relationship not anyone elses..

I will say though make sure you are on the same wave length in terms of long terms things.. for example children and all that as some older gentleman have been there done that and worn the tshirt and is not prepared to wear the tshirt again.. xx

over a year ago

Do we? "

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Its nothing to do with anyone else; enjoy being together and sod the people who judge !

over a year ago

People who fret about other people's relationships are fairly pointless in your world. If you worry about what other people think then it's an issue. The other option of course is when it comes up again you tell them you're the millionaire and he's a bankrupt.

over a year ago

13 years here and never had it. If someone insinuated that I'd just laugh at them to be honest. I've had a couple of relationships with younger women and to be honest any random negativity has always been at me rather than the female

over a year ago

Think your better off asking good old Hugh Hefner he must be an expert on how to respond by now. lol

over a year ago

Sod em!!

People are entitled to their opinions - but should often keep certain opinions to themselves!!

Whos' to say the younger person isn't the one with the money, the nice house and car - or hey - that they're both totally unconcerned about that side of things and just having fun enjoying eachothers company?

Some people really do try and over analyse things!

over a year ago

well to be honest i do think things like that about people with age gaps.

my hubbys 20 years older than me and some people have thought he was my dad.

which doesnt bother us, we think its funny.

anyway i bet a lot of people are just a bit jealous of you.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Do we? "

I do

over a year ago

I've always gone for guys older than me but never had someone saying something so obvious about it before and thought I'd see if anyone could offer advice. "

With that age gap I see nothing wrong at all, 10 years fine, (ok 12 here) but over 15+ maybe....

over a year ago

evesham

"well to be honest i do think things like that about people with age gaps.

anyway i bet a lot of people are just a bit jealous of you. "

So if you think that does that mean you are paid to be with your hubby or after his money?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I wouldnt really class that as a large age gap.

When i first started seeing jay people joked he must have money, not sure why as they wouldnt have said it if id been with someone my own age.

He has been mistaken for my dad a couple of times and once we came out of a shop and he gave my arse a squeeze and some blokes head nearly fell off he turned it around so fast. But the first guy i lived with was 12 years older and i never even concered that as an age gapp

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Always gone for older men, other than my sons father.

Try my age gap with a FB. I'm 32, hes 63!

Couldn't care less what people thought!

over a year ago

Never mind that, are you in???

over a year ago

evesham

Age gaps a're funny things. When you are Young even a gap of a few years seems massive then when you get older they seem less. Now it appears as you get even older they shrink again

I don't like men a lot younger than me. I'll go to maybe 28, any younger than that and they make me feel like an old fart

over a year ago

"well to be honest i do think things like that about people with age gaps.

anyway i bet a lot of people are just a bit jealous of you.

yes part of the attraction was that he liked to buy me things.

So if you think that does that mean you are paid to be with your hubby or after his money?"

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"

I don't like men a lot younger than me. I'll go to maybe 28, any younger than that and they make me feel like an old fart "

this for me too!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Mind you if someone a stranger insinuated i was just after them for their money i would play up to them.. Should consentrate on their own relationship never mind someone elses

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

They assume he has money in the first place? I think i would have told the woman that maybe at times she should keep her sticky beak out of other peoples relationships.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Its nothing to do with anyone ! if you and your partner dont mind then no worries..I have yet to find any one in My age range that would be seen in public with me ..

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

She was probably jealous if you are both happy,sod what anyone else thinks.

over a year ago

Im tweny years younger than my hubby not with him for money just with him as hes a great fuk and love ofcouse lol

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"They assume he has money in the first place? I think i would have told the woman that maybe at times she should keep her sticky beak out of other peoples relationships."

She was talking hypothetically but it was a bit awkward for us both! We did have a good giggle about it in the car on the way home. It was a good job he was driving; my giggles were rather full on!

over a year ago

Sorry but it's simple go with what the hart says, a few weeks, years, life it will be what it will

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Do we? "

I was thinking the same!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"10 - 15 years is nothing but if it was a 25 yr old with a 75 yr old then they may have a point. "

Agree: I personally don't see what's wrong with the ops age gap.

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

Age is just a number, doesn't mean anything if you're happy.

My grandfather married again about 12 years after he was widowed. He was 59, his wife was 21. They went on to have two sons and lived very happily until he died 11 years later.

Post new Message to Thread