Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Genes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

They're funny things!

So have you inherited the good ones from your parents? Or been lumbered with the crap ones while your siblings revel in all the glory?

I've inherited one good gene from the old man - but the miserable sod gave my brother the 'flowing locks' gene! So guess it can be swings and roundabouts!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All I know is I can never find any that fit properly

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The height gene from my father.

over a year ago

Seem to have inherited gooduns. Disgustingly healthy really and all me own teeth!

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I inherited good skin from my maternal grandmother who had lovely skin till the day she died, considering I've spent most of my life abusing my skin by smoking, drinking, not taking make up off before bed and having an at best sporadic skincare routine, then I'm blessed as my glowing skin is often commented on (nowt to do with Sellafield before anyone sez owt)

On the downside, again from my maternal grandma, I inherited the fat gene - my siblings have never had weight problems but I've always struggled...c'est la vie

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My dad and his 5 brothers all needed glasses my mum & her twin sister didn't. I have good eyesight.

People say I look more like my mum but behave like my dad.

By * n zCouple
over a year ago

leamington spa

Find it amazing .......you can look at yourself and see exactly where some traits come from, others remain a mystery.

Not sure where I inherited my full lips from ( on face, not fooie lol !!) And all my 3 kids have blue eyes, yet me and their father have green eyes ........ ????

A

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Find it amazing .......you can look at yourself and see exactly where some traits come from, others remain a mystery.

Not sure where I inherited my full lips from ( on face, not fooie lol !!) And all my 3 kids have blue eyes, yet me and their father have green eyes ........ ????

A"

Check the milkman.

over a year ago

According to my Grandfather, I look like HIS great auntie. So genes look to be quite random.

What about Eddy Izzi?

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

Good question Obi, ppl say that look like my dad when he was my age. However I get my talkative mouth from my gorgeous mother.

By * n zCouple
over a year ago

leamington spa

"Find it amazing .......you can look at yourself and see exactly where some traits come from, others remain a mystery.

A

Check the milkman. "

Lol !!!!! Cheeky, I was a good girl back then !!!!!

over a year ago

Fuzzy hair, child bearing hips, oh and the cf gene.

Don't know where the norks came from!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

A

Check the milkman.

Lol !!!!! Cheeky, I was a good girl back then !!!!! "

hehehe

over a year ago

My father has a lot to answer for.

My mothers father is middle eastern and she is very dark with lovely olive skin and dark eyes.

My father however was a red head,and i inherited my mothers dark hair but i have the ginger gene skin very pale with freckles and the watery blue eyes like him.

Also all my siblings have my mothers beautiful teeth and i have a little gap lake my father

So they get the lovely skin and teeth and i carried the ginger gene and gappy teeth.

So not fair.

over a year ago

i honestly think i got my genes from my grandpa my parents are into politics church and they gooie two shoes. i am like my grandpa live fast hard and no regrets

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Height and build from my maternal grandmother, devilment from my paternal grandmother, looks and hair my father, eyes and teeth my mother. Personality I get from both parents but sense of humour is definitely my dad.

Post new Message to Thread