Time wasting subject

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/02/13 10:18:26]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Soooo many posts and treads on this and same old defence of people and advice , report report to admin ,

Clearly this does not work and never will,

On another site admin give AKA and inform if these people are wasters very simple ,

So if you are planning a meet or in reciept of mail you have an automatic informed choice from admin if these people have several accounts or a score system, like a feed back,

We all know there is time wasters only yesterday I had two hassling us then account goes, then by magic they turn up in different names

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster as it was a waste of time reading at 21/02/13 10:19:35]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

My lips are sealed........

What's AKA ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

shit it's back.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm confused now!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'd imagine that a site where admin give poor feedback on profiles that there is a high turnover of leavers and joiners......

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I'm confused now! "

Do you know the difference between sex and a good conversation ?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

But until everyone agree on what is a timewaster, there will be no solution to the complaints.

over a year ago

"I'm confused now!

Do you know the difference between sex and a good conversation ?"

Yes!

One I can have with my mother.........

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 21/02/13 10:27:29]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

changed my mind.....hope the copy and quote fairy is looking after me

over a year ago

Shit, just wasted my time reading this.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I'm confused now!

Yes!

One I can have with my mother........."

That doesn't count in some rural areas...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Shit, just wasted my time reading this. "

Is that an Easter egg ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I'm confused now!

Yes!

One I can have with my mother.........

That doesn't count in some rural areas... "

Shhhhhhhhhh Caz...... I deleted mine

over a year ago

"Shit, just wasted my time reading this.

Is that an Easter egg ?"

..... yep, I'm one of those born again chicks.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Shit, just wasted my time reading this.

Is that an Easter egg ?

..... yep, I'm one of those born again chicks. "

It's me poor ole eyes laine. I clicked to enlarge =- it didn't

over a year ago

"But until everyone agree on what is a timewaster, there will be no solution to the complaints. "

It's not about to define a time waster it's about admin and to ability to manage a site

over a year ago

Looks like tread has been hijacked like all the others have

Some sad people with nothing to add. May be a point proved

over a year ago

My theory on this whole time waster debate is. ( remember I'm always right )

I have never been stood up or let down because I get to know the people first. Simple concept when you think about it.

You chat for a while, speak on the phone perhaps. Get some sort of feeling about what the person is like.

And guess what. I've never had to post a grrrrrr message, truly marvellous.

( it also helps that people are terrified of going on the ninja death list )

That is all xx

over a year ago

"But until everyone agree on what is a timewaster, there will be no solution to the complaints.

It's not about to define a time waster it's about admin and to ability to manage a site"

Still confused? The site seems fine to me - and I'd never expect anyone, admin or otherwise, to in any way 'screen' or 'manage' my activities on here!

I find a well written profile and decent photos - along with common sense and a sensible approach is all that is required to avoid time wasting in any shape or form!!

That and having no expectancy!

over a year ago

"Looks like tread has been hijacked like all the others have

Some sad people with nothing to add. May be a point proved "

Guess we are all just wasting time till the next thread comes along.

over a year ago

"But until everyone agree on what is a timewaster, there will be no solution to the complaints.

It's not about to define a time waster it's about admin and to ability to manage a site

Still confused? The site seems fine to me - and I'd never expect anyone, admin or otherwise, to in any way 'screen' or 'manage' my activities on here!

I find a well written profile and decent photos - along with common sense and a sensible approach is all that is required to avoid time wasting in any shape or form!!

That and having no expectancy! "

What you write about profile is very correct ,

Admin doe not have to manage your affairs ect they manage the site correctly giving an I formed choice,

Like if I mail you and you see in private at the bottom of your screen I have several profiles that have been deleted or on going and I don't mention it to you , it gives you an insight to the sender

over a year ago

That and having no expectancy!

What you write about profile is very correct ,

Admin doe not have to manage your affairs ect they manage the site correctly giving an I formed choice,

Like if I mail you and you see in private at the bottom of your screen I have several profiles that have been deleted or on going and I don't mention it to you , it gives you an insight to the sender "

It would give me enough info to not bother replying, yes - but so would a profile that didn't have that info.

I can judge based on the detail I currently have access to - e.g pictures on the profile, verifications that are visible, text that you can actually read with getting a head ache and a perception that you might actually have similar interests.

A profile that is the only one someone has on site can be just as off putting as if someone had several - and I doubt if too many on here can be arsed with multiple profiles if they are doing ok with just one!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 21/02/13 10:49:12]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

The timewaster subject does come up many times but I guess it is because a lot ( not all ) experience their definition of it. It must be annoying but hey it happens on all site. The site provides options to try and minimise it.

I think any company/provider of a service who doesn't put the customer/member experience at the heart of what it does, risks it's future long term. It is in it's interest to do it's utmost to help.

It is all very well to say it is the best site ( not the site saying that, but many members on here ), from my experience it is.... but one should never rest on one's laurels.

over a year ago

Surely it's what you make of it. I am responsible for me and my actions and who I choose to meet. I don't need admin to babysit me.

over a year ago

Just plain common sense will filter out many of the "timewasters". But no matter how careful you are or if the Admins police the site with a rod of iron, if you arrange to meet with total strangers statistically at some point you will be let down, reasonable excuse or not.

As someone said earlier, it also depends on your definition of timewaster. I know for a fact that for some it means someone who just doesn't want to meet them!

For others it's the true definition, which is fake profiles (men pretending to be women/couples etc) and those who don't turn up for arranged meetings with no explanation. These people are easy to spot and just require handling with the aforementioned common sense. You don't need an administrator to hold your hand through this.

Post new Message to Thread