Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Being alone ...

Jump to newest

By *rtemisia OP   Woman
over a year ago

Norwich

How good are you at spending time alone? Do you like your own company? Wish you had more time for it, or less..?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i love it, dont get much times alone so make the most of it when i do

My fave thing in the world is to just go out into the woods with the dogs and walk for miles alone

over a year ago

In reality you don't have to be alone as you can pretty much call someone most of the time or pop round to see friends. I've never seen it as a problem either way and enjoy time alone equably as much as with other people.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

You're never alone with schizophrenia Daz and Taz keep me occupied!

Seriously though, I live alone and love it - my own company is almost always enough for me (though the bonkers forumites are great fun too)...if I need real life company, I've friends and family just a phone call away, and it's nice to chat and catch up, but then back home to my blessedly quiet house and my cat

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

i love my own company but iv had a housemate for the last few months i thought it would ruin our friendship but because of our working hours i still get plenty of time to myself and someone to gossip with when i like

over a year ago

i was lonely before i got married, i wouldnt like to live on my own.

i like being on my own as well as i get bored with people after a while.

i never get bored with my dog though.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"How good are you at spending time alone? Do you like your own company? Wish you had more time for it, or less..?"

Love my alone time - that's why I couldn't live with anyone.

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

I adore my own company...it actually stops me from arranging meets as I don't like people hijacking my me time....

over a year ago

Due to doing shift work, I spend sometime alone. I don't mind it just wish I wss more productive with it.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

"i love it, dont get much times alone so make the most of it when i do

My fave thing in the world is to just go out into the woods with the dogs and walk for miles alone"

Which woods do you go to?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I love being with family and friends - and every now and again I like a bit of time to be alone but not too often as I am really quite sociable.

over a year ago

I hate being alone. J sometimes has to go away for the wkends and although I have the kids I fall apart without him.

I remember one occasion the kids were away with the grandparents and hubby was in Italy, I was a total useless wreck it was awful.

over a year ago

I enjoy my own company but am very rarely alone, couldn'tt be in a relationship with no time apart though, I like my space

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Being alone has its advantages, and disadvantages too.

I've been by myself since leaving home. I did get engaged back in the early 90's but that didn't work out.

My own company is what I prefer, doing what I want, when I want and how I want, but can always rely on calling friends or my brother when I wish to.

I'm not the life and soul of a party type of person as I can often be quite shy around people. However, at work, I do throw myself into the business social side as I enjoy Sales, Marketing and so on; pity I can't really extend that to my personal life!

But overall, I make my life as it is and get on OK with it. However, it's at the often over-hyped times of year, like Valentine's Day, Xmas and New Year that loneliness does tend to creep in and remind me that maybe, somewhere, there is someone out there for me!

I just have to find them!!!!

over a year ago

"Being alone has its advantages, and disadvantages too.

I've been by myself since leaving home. I did get engaged back in the early 90's but that didn't work out.

My own company is what I prefer, doing what I want, when I want and how I want, but can always rely on calling friends or my brother when I wish to.

I'm not the life and soul of a party type of person as I can often be quite shy around people. However, at work, I do throw myself into the business social side as I enjoy Sales, Marketing and so on; pity I can't really extend that to my personal life!

But overall, I make my life as it is and get on OK with it. However, it's at the often over-hyped times of year, like Valentine's Day, Xmas and New Year that loneliness does tend to creep in and remind me that maybe, somewhere, there is someone out there for me!

I just have to find them!!!! "

Awwwww that is so sweet I hope you do. M

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

Being a shift worker ,I can spend a lot of time on my own its a good job I'm happy in my own company. If I am bored I can jump in the car and go visiting.

over a year ago

I love my own company, however, I am not really alone as I have my pets for company at home.

over a year ago

I love my own company but if the kids are out the house too long i don't like it so quiet lol can't win.

When they go away for the weekend or a week its hard.

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Im a nationwide "tramper" that means im in my truck monday to either friday or saturday. So i kinda enjoy my own company infact i love it

over a year ago

I love my alone time always have ,couldnt do with someone 24/7 every single day around me think id go stir crazy

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I hardly get any time alone so value it greatly when I do. Trouble is, when everyone's out I worry about them so can't relax anyway.

over a year ago

Very much need my alone time. Even if is just an hour on the bike or running alone. The rare weekends I'm home alone I enjoy.

Though I only enjoy being alone when I chose it, I do dislike coming home to an empty flat when crystal works away

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Theres a huge difference between spending time alone and being lonely, i have always needed my alone time and enjoy it.

Post new Message to Thread