Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

F1

Jump to newest

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple
over a year ago

bristol

looking forward to the new season starting .. shame it starts at 6am .. doh !!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Going to be a very very close year by the looks of it.

Looks like Ferrari may have the act together this year. Hate to say it but I think my money is on Alfonso.

Can't see Hamilton doing much. I think he is banking on the new regs next year.

Time will tell, Not long now!

over a year ago

bristol

cant understand why Hamilton moved but as you say .. time will tell .. I think personally hes made the wrong decision

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

I think there are a couple of reasons for his move.

He grew up at Mclaren and wanted to try somewhere else.

The PR work at Mclaren is notoriously a grind.

I think he felt that the reliability has let him down recently.

I also think he wants to take a team and try and build it around him now he has more experience, but everyone at Mclaren knew him to well to do that so he chose to try it at Mercedes.

I really can't decide wether i think he has made a smart move or not lol. Ross Brawn has the pedigree but it is about so much more than that now.

Ask me again in 2015 lol

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Am I the only one who read the thread title and heard The Chain in my head?

By * pool 1Couple
over a year ago

Liverpool

Same here looking forward to the start of the new season but even more so to the 2014 new engines 1.6 v6 turbo charged engines.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

hoping Alonso does it this season. Incredible drive/effort last season considering

over a year ago

bristol

"Am I the only one who read the thread title and heard The Chain in my head?"

oi behave .. your getting me excited now !!

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"cant understand why Hamilton moved but as you say .. time will tell .. I think personally hes made the wrong decision "
Aparently Mercedes have a fantastic 1.8L engine which all cars will have to be next year so this is a just a year to settle in the team.

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"cant understand why Hamilton moved but as you say .. time will tell .. I think personally hes made the wrong decision Aparently Mercedes have a fantastic 1.8L engine which all cars will have to be next year so this is a just a year to settle in the team."
sorry 1.6l

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Am I the only one who read the thread title and heard The Chain in my head?"

No lol

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Considering Mclaren were a works team and therefore would know all about the new mercedes engine and yet next year will be paying 8 millions a year for their engines without 'works' status. Theres another very good reason to move.

The big question is can they build the car around that engine. As at the moment it doesn't appear to be there. I think this year will be much of the same, but 2014 thats where it is going to get very very interestiong.

By * pool 1Couple
over a year ago

Liverpool

Wont be suprised if the Japanese factories dont return again with their 1.6 units and good point about Hamilton going to Mercedes and their new engine for the 2014 season.

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Wont be suprised if the Japanese factories dont return again with their 1.6 units and good point about Hamilton going to Mercedes and their new engine for the 2014 season."

I wouldn't be surprised to see some Japanese engine supplies coming back for 2014. Heard romours of a couple of other manufacturers developing engines aswell. Trouble is so many people are skint right now.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

At least Hamilton trounced Vettel in a reasonably priced car

over a year ago

I would like Button to win the title this year, hes my fav

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I would like Button to win the title this year, hes my fav "

By *oundforfun2TV/TS
over a year ago

Halifax

"I would like Button to win the title this year, hes my fav "

Was wondering if anybody was going to mention Button I hope he does well this season but think Vettel will win it again this year.

I have tickets for the British Grand Prix and am hoping the weather a bit better for camping this year.

Can not wait for the start of the season the question is shall I get up at 6am to watch the first race or just sky plus it and watch it as live.

over a year ago

bristol

"I would like Button to win the title this year, hes my fav

Was wondering if anybody was going to mention Button I hope he does well this season but think Vettel will win it again this year.

I have tickets for the British Grand Prix and am hoping the weather a bit better for camping this year.

Can not wait for the start of the season the question is shall I get up at 6am to watch the first race or just sky plus it and watch it as live.

"

wow !! .. how amazing is that going to be .. would love to see one but I think it will be one of those thing that will always remain a dream .. on the plus side .. we will be going to Leeds for the Tour de France which is probably more to our budget ! ..Hope you have a wonderful weekend anyway

By *oundforfun2TV/TS
over a year ago

Halifax

wow !! .. how amazing is that going to be .. would love to see one but I think it will be one of those thing that will always remain a dream .. on the plus side .. we will be going to Leeds for the Tour de France which is probably more to our budget ! ..Hope you have a wonderful weekend anyway "

It's a great weekend away even if it costs the same as week abroad and you are living for 3-4 days in a field with temporary toilets can't wait.

over a year ago

bristol

[Removed by poster at 19/02/13 20:01:57]

over a year ago

bristol

wow !! .. how amazing is that going to be .. would love to see one but I think it will be one of those thing that will always remain a dream .. on the plus side .. we will be going to Leeds for the Tour de France which is probably more to our budget ! ..Hope you have a wonderful weekend anyway

It's a great weekend away even if it costs the same as week abroad and you are living for 3-4 days in a field with temporary toilets can't wait. "

Dont mind camping .. infact im more at home in that kind of enviroment as with everything to do with the great outdoors .. theres no such thing as 'bad weather' just inappropriate clothing and gear !

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

I was looking at tickets yesterday for Silverstone. £325 for Woodcote B. Very very tempting!

I'd like to see Button do well. If he can get over his consistancy issue's I think he can do well. The trouble is it appears he cannot drive around issues if he needs to like some of the others can. That always seems to let him down. Apart from when he had a car that was vastly superior to the others and even then they nearly dropped the ball right at the end.

However I have to say he did much much better against Hamilton than I expected. But was that him driving well or missfortune befalling on Hamilton.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

I have tickets for the British Grand Prix and am hoping the weather a bit better for camping this year."

Went camping at Magny-Cours several years ago, if rain has ever been described as more than torrential, then I'd like to hear it

over a year ago

"cant understand why Hamilton moved but as you say .. time will tell .. I think personally hes made the wrong decision "

money. end of

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

"I think there are a couple of reasons for his move.

He grew up at Mclaren and wanted to try somewhere else.

The PR work at Mclaren is notoriously a grind.

I think he felt that the reliability has let him down recently.

I also think he wants to take a team and try and build it around him now he has more experience, but everyone at Mclaren knew him to well to do that so he chose to try it at Mercedes.

I really can't decide wether i think he has made a smart move or not lol. Ross Brawn has the pedigree but it is about so much more than that now.

Ask me again in 2015 lol"

My feelings too.....let the boy have a go at trying to become a Schuemaker...lol. I'm a Mclaren fan so will just be supporting the team as usual - and yes I'll be up at 6am.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"cant understand why Hamilton moved but as you say .. time will tell .. I think personally hes made the wrong decision

money. end of"

For McClaren, Mercedes or Hamilton?

Non of them are short of a few bob

Post new Message to Thread