Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hilary Mantel

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've been hearing about her speech for a few days now.

What's got into her?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oasterCockbumMan
over a year ago

Highway 61

A broom shank mibby ?? ....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cock?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I liked it.

What's up with everyone.

Kate IS thin. She IS plastic. She IS mechanical and manufactured. She IS controlled and unnatural..... so what's wrong with Hiliary saying so?

over a year ago

I admit I haven't managed to finish Wolf Hall but winning the Booker twice seems an odd reason for her to comment on how Kate looks.

over a year ago

"I liked it.

What's up with everyone.

Kate IS thin. She IS plastic. She IS mechanical and manufactured. She IS controlled and unnatural..... so what's wrong with Hiliary saying so?"

Did she come from Stepford?

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"I've been hearing about her speech for a few days now.

What's got into her?"

Whether you agree with her opinions or not, must admit she's had the balls to say what she thinks. Makes a change from the creepy genuflecting offered by most in the media spotlight when discussing anything Royal.

By *ameyrichardsTV/TS
over a year ago

vale royal

From what I've been hearing on the radio today, its a Daily Mail hatchet job, cherry picking 4 paragrahs from a 30 paragraph speach, so they could take it all out of context for their own agenda

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"From what I've been hearing on the radio today, its a Daily Mail hatchet job, cherry picking 4 paragrahs from a 30 paragraph speach, so they could take it all out of context for their own agenda"

Surely not?.....The Daily Mail twisting the text of an article for shock and horror?.....as if

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah, kudos to her for speaking her mind.

over a year ago

"I've been hearing about her speech for a few days now.

What's got into her?

Whether you agree with her opinions or not, must admit she's had the balls to say what she thinks. Makes a change from the creepy genuflecting offered by most in the media spotlight when discussing anything Royal. "

I'd agree with that - it just seemed a little left field.

By *utecontradictionMan
over a year ago

Malvern

The main thrust of her 2000 word document is about how she feels the press and public view her, what's been spoken about today in the media is a small selection of those words taken out of context to make it appear she is having a pop at her, on the contrary her article when read in its whole defends and praises her.

By *ameyrichardsTV/TS
over a year ago

vale royal

"

Surely not?.....The Daily Mail twisting the text of an article for shock and horror?.....as if

"

I know, lol according to a lady from Elle on 5live the whole piece was more of a dig about how she is portayed by the media and was not what she personaly thought about her. Its just that all the people coming out comdemming her have only read/heard the 4 paragraphs.

over a year ago

"The main thrust of her 2000 word document is about how she feels the press and public view her, what's been spoken about today in the media is a small selection of those words taken out of context to make it appear she is having a pop at her, on the contrary her article when read in its whole defends and praises her. "

Welcome to the forum and thank you for that very useful and interesting contribution.

Why is it that the press can only concentrate on how women look? The whole Theresa May losing weight stuff springs to mind.

By *utecontradictionMan
over a year ago

Malvern

Its just what they do....it sells papers unfortunately. If they had not reported it that way there would have been no story, well not what they would consider to be an interesting one.

I sometimes think all the celebrities should club together to create a website, then employ private investigators to pry in to the lives of editors and journalists. While we wouldn't be interested in it you can bet their partners, wives, husbands,family and friends would be. It would be interesting to see the boot on the other foot....

Post new Message to Thread