Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Empty Nest .

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How did you cope when your kids moved out .? Had them very young at 18 and all i have know for years looking after doing everything for them... Its going to feel so strange, I know will see my younger one in the week at times and some weekend horse showing and i know we have to let go ... younger son still be home now and again when not traveling. But 3 moving out is a hard one to handle in last 4 months. And i know i cant be selfish have to let go let them have a life too and own houses.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Jo I am willing to move in and let you do everything for me .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My kids have it too easy! I can't see the buggers ever moving out. First sign of a cough when I reach 65 and they'll probably shunt me of to an old folks home,lol.

over a year ago

"Jo I am willing to move in and let you do everything for me ."
ok Gran i am good cook so you will be looked after and warm my house is big but warm , lol

over a year ago

Lol@_ranny-crumpet....... We didnt jus change the locks wen lat one left we changed all the doors.. We had 4 kids enjoy the you time coz believe me when they come for a visit boy do you know they've been back. You will always be their mum no matter how far away they live and you will always be there for each other,,,,, try havin a pizza/chineses/Indian evening altogether once a month .

over a year ago

"Lol@_ranny-crumpet....... We didnt jus change the locks wen lat one left we changed all the doors.. We had 4 kids enjoy the you time coz believe me when they come for a visit boy do you know they've been back. You will always be their mum no matter how far away they live and you will always be there for each other,,,,, try havin a pizza/chineses/Indian evening altogether once a month . "

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"My kids have it too easy! I can't see the buggers ever moving out. ............."

Put their dig money up

over a year ago

my son left home in his early twenties, i was glad because i didnt think he would ever leave home, i was glad not to have to clear up after him and put up with his bad moods.

part of me wanted him not to leave though and it felt worse because he was moving about 50 miles away.

i cried when he first left home, i was worried about him and sort of missed his company.

when he moved out i decorated his room in pink.

only now after being away for ten years he is going to be moving back home soon.

i wont be redecorating his room though.

over a year ago

Well i will be having more sleep overs here . Normally not so easy when thay are around ... parties even ,

over a year ago

"Well i will be having more sleep overs here . Normally not so easy when thay are around ... parties even , "

Good for you.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

When my sons left home we gave them a hefty deposit for their own mortgage then downsized dramatically....have never looked back.

over a year ago

When they all turn up at the same time with our ten grandchildren 5 years to 22 years. We wish we had bought a 1 bedroomed flat instead of a large house

over a year ago

"When my sons left home we gave them a hefty deposit for their own mortgage then downsized dramatically....have never looked back."
well most nights i cook 6/10 so be weird .. I maybe and been thinking about it for long time now get a holiday homes over seas a place that's nice in winter and be just something different for me. Just knowing where as i hate places with loads of people and like old places with charm and nice beaches and sun a hot in out winter as love spring summer here .

over a year ago

"When they all turn up at the same time with our ten grandchildren 5 years to 22 years. We wish we had bought a 1 bedroomed flat instead of a large house "
so far have no gran kids , lol i love children wish i had more.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My son was only 16 when he left home, i cried for three months. The i bought two kittens. Now i love him so much but could never live with him again (unless it was emergency situation) his visits are dramatic enough.

I just love the peace and quiet and not having a mess everywhere

By *ayman2002Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Jo I am willing to move in and let you do everything for me ."

Damn. Beaten to it!

I shudder to think about the day when my son (6) moves out. The first part of his life has flown by and I already resent him for becoming more and more independent! lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"When my sons left home we gave them a hefty deposit for their own mortgage then downsized dramatically....have never looked back.well most nights i cook 6/10 so be weird .. I maybe and been thinking about it for long time now get a holiday homes over seas a place that's nice in winter and be just something different for me. Just knowing where as i hate places with loads of people and like old places with charm and nice beaches and sun a hot in out winter as love spring summer here ."

That's exactly what we did....split our money in Two and purchased a smaller place here and a place in Spain...

over a year ago

"Jo I am willing to move in and let you do everything for me .

Damn. Beaten to it!

I shudder to think about the day when my son (6) moves out. The first part of his life has flown by and I already resent him for becoming more and more independent! lol"

lol myn just run rings around me 24/7 well thay did . And sure will still pick up phone saying need this and that and i will go running.

over a year ago

"When my sons left home we gave them a hefty deposit for their own mortgage then downsized dramatically....have never looked back.well most nights i cook 6/10 so be weird .. I maybe and been thinking about it for long time now get a holiday homes over seas a place that's nice in winter and be just something different for me. Just knowing where as i hate places with loads of people and like old places with charm and nice beaches and sun a hot in out winter as love spring summer here .

That's exactly what we did....split our money in Two and purchased a smaller place here and a place in Spain..."

whats it like there winter ? I was told there's some islands of Canaries that are nice ... we are going to start looking go long weekend on cheep flights see whats on offer.As like this place easy to get too .. weekends too.

By *ayman2002Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Jo I am willing to move in and let you do everything for me .

Damn. Beaten to it!

I shudder to think about the day when my son (6) moves out. The first part of his life has flown by and I already resent him for becoming more and more independent! lol lol myn just run rings around me 24/7 well thay did . And sure will still pick up phone saying need this and that and i will go running."

We're parents... it's what we do

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 19/02/13 13:39:02]

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"When my sons left home we gave them a hefty deposit for their own mortgage then downsized dramatically....have never looked back.well most nights i cook 6/10 so be weird .. I maybe and been thinking about it for long time now get a holiday homes over seas a place that's nice in winter and be just something different for me. Just knowing where as i hate places with loads of people and like old places with charm and nice beaches and sun a hot in out winter as love spring summer here .

That's exactly what we did....split our money in Two and purchased a smaller place here and a place in Spain...whats it like there winter ? I was told there's some islands of Canaries that are nice ... we are going to start looking go long weekend on cheep flights see whats on offer.As like this place easy to get too .. weekends too."

With a flight of over Four hours and the inflated prices of property in the Canaries it is not the ideal place for a short holiday or weekend stay, flights to the Canaries are also expensive....mainland Spain and Portugal offer far better value with short flights

over a year ago

That's exactly what we did....split our money in Two and purchased a smaller place here and a place in Spain...whats it like there winter ? I was told there's some islands of Canaries that are nice ... we are going to start looking go long weekend on cheep flights see whats on offer.As like this place easy to get too .. weekends too.

With a flight of over Four hours and the inflated prices of property in the Canaries it is not the ideal place for a short holiday or weekend stay, flights to the Canaries are also expensive....mainland Spain and Portugal offer far better value with short flights

"

yes will be looking and thankyou xx maybe look at Portugal .. i think going next weekend looking could end up there xxx

over a year ago

Our nest is long gone and everyone has their own place now. Miss my kids though and my new grandchild. My kids have proposed a half share of me since they have warm winters and I could come to UK for the lovely spring and summer. Seriously giving it some thought.

By *TUDLY_GOOD_FUCKMan
over a year ago

mansfield

I got the impression my mum wanted me to move out because she kept wrapping my lunch up in a road map

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I got the impression my mum wanted me to move out because she kept wrapping my lunch up in a road map

"

over a year ago

"When they all turn up at the same time with our ten grandchildren 5 years to 22 years. We wish we had bought a 1 bedroomed flat instead of a large house so far have no gran kids , lol i love children wish i had more."

Give me your address ill post some of mine to you, they may object to being put in an envelope though.

over a year ago

"When they all turn up at the same time with our ten grandchildren 5 years to 22 years. We wish we had bought a 1 bedroomed flat instead of a large house so far have no gran kids , lol i love children wish i had more.

Give me your address ill post some of mine to you, they may object to being put in an envelope though. "

lol there i was thinking you was offering me your sperm , lol

over a year ago

"When they all turn up at the same time with our ten grandchildren 5 years to 22 years. We wish we had bought a 1 bedroomed flat instead of a large house so far have no gran kids , lol i love children wish i had more.

Give me your address ill post some of mine to you, they may object to being put in an envelope though. "

box em up u'll fit em all in then and can get em courierd, cheaper in the long run

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

I was sad each time one of my 4 left but planned to make whoopie once on my own. I still cry when I leave the one who lives furthest away. Had 1 blissful year living alone before gaining a tiny grandson who I am now 'mum' to, then a month ago my eldest son moved back following his marriage break-up. Now I'm almost dreading that they may come back in the order they left, as much as I love then!!!!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

God, if only they'd leave.

over a year ago

Its horrible Jo and i had nothing to stay for... so I left too

over a year ago

Anyone want two small ones for a bit????

over a year ago

You can have me stay for the weekend

over a year ago

Jo-I could solve the problem by leaving my kids and moving in with you,lol xx

Funny thread btw

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

My mother was the same when I left, the last of five to leave home. I said we were all a credit to her that we were independent, hardworking and wanted to make something of our selves. On the plus point grand children will soon be coming to stop, and what's even better you get to give those back

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Mine keep coming back - and I don t mind as I love having them all around the table.

over a year ago

My son moved up to Liverpool with his now ex girlfriend, was lovely for a while, did a massive spring clean, cooking for one though got really boring and sometimes I just didn't bother, did get lonely then he came back

Daughter moved out about 4 yrs ago with a boyfriend, was very difficult especially as he was a complete ass but her present one is lovely and they have a little boy together, used to her not being here but was still odd

By *ayman2002Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Mine keep coming back - and I don t mind as I love having them all around the table. "

I can just see you as Nellie Bosworth from the TV series 'Bread'

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Mine keep coming back - and I don t mind as I love having them all around the table.

I can just see you as Nellie Bosworth from the TV series 'Bread' "

Had to google it as it was a bit before I arrived in the UK but looks like I could be

Post new Message to Thread