Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My phone

Jump to newest

By *empting Devil. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Is currently residing in a bowl full of rice...

Yep, I dropped it down the loo.

The worst part is I didn't realise that for ages and was looking all over for it.

Has anyone else done this? If so did your phone come back after a long immersion?

I'm not sure how much longer I can last using an old phone without the fast wifi connection...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

erm, if I were you I would start arranging teh funeral. My condolances.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Unfortunately you could have killed your phone depends how long it was submerged. Is it an I phone or an android. Stick it on a radiator to dry out completely

over a year ago

"erm, if I were you I would start arranging teh funeral. My condolances. "
I tend to agree sorry

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Is currently residing in a bowl full of rice...

Yep, I dropped it down the loo.

The worst part is I didn't realise that for ages and was looking all over for it.

Has anyone else done this? If so did your phone come back after a long immersion?

I'm not sure how much longer I can last using an old phone without the fast wifi connection... "

My son's girlfriend dropped her phone in the loo.

She stripped it down,removed battery,sim,memory card,placed the parts on a towel,and put on radiator for approx 10 hours,it now works perfectly.

Good luck.

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

I have a burning question that I cant ask........

oh damn, Ill ask

number 1 or 2

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

Roses or lillies??

over a year ago

Couple of weeks back my cousin put het phone in with a 90 degree whites wash....

Three days in a box with some silica gel bags and everything worked but the screen....

Told her to turn it off, wait five minutes then turn it back on again....

The phone rebooted, screen came back on.... Works perfectly......

over a year ago

Last time I did that I stripped it down and put it in the airing cupboard overnight and it worked fine after

over a year ago

Last time I did that I stripped it down and put it in the airing cupboard overnight and it worked fine after

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

There seems to be a pattern emerging of people plopping their phone into the toilet.

Is it a lack of concentration whilst texting on the loo, or phone in back pocket and falls in when trousers are pulled down? hmmmmmm

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

A friend of mine put her phone through the wash, then the tumble drier

Left it on the radiator for a week, works fine.

N

over a year ago

Sheffield

I have a bad habit of putting it in my back pocket when I'm wearing jeans.

It's next to the radiator in bits buried in a bowl of rice. Am about to go and stay away and they have an airing cupboard so I'll just take the lot and stick it in there for a few days and pray!

The sim card still works but my phonebook isn't showing in my other phone although when someone messages/calls their name comes up.

(which also means I may need anyone who has my number to send me a message to get my contacts back )

over a year ago

Son was a lifeguard at the local leisure centre ............ he was texting and it did a couple of flips and dive into the pool as it slipped out his hands when he was texting ........ it never recovered and we took the mickey for a long time that he couldnt even save a phone ......

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Most of my daytime posts on here are dine while I am on the loo, not once have I dropped my phone in the loo lol

over a year ago

I dropped mine in the potty ,. It died

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

My housemate dropped her iPhone down the loo, was only gone a minute or two though. The other housemate put his Samsung through a washing cycle in his jeans pocket.

Both recovered after 3 days in rice.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Question....are you going to use the rice once it dries out?

You could make a nice pilaf...

over a year ago

Leave it in the rice for a few days as given the length of time it was down the toilet, it will take a longer time to dry out than had you retrieved it immediately. Try it; if it works, great if not, time to buy a new one

My son did the same with his Iphone and whilst it was okay, a very tiny part had rusted which he got sorted for about a tenner

over a year ago

I dropped mine in the bath.whilst fabbing, it took weeks to work fully but it was only a samsung monte.

over a year ago

You plonker, Rodney

I think it might be today if it was down there for a while ....

over a year ago

Leave it in the rice. Whatever you do don't put it directly on the radiator as the heat could melt internal parts and thus make your phone el fuckto

over a year ago

Is the ringtone now set to "I'm forever blowing bubbles" ?

over a year ago

Was looking at a new Sony ph yesterday ........its waterproof !

over a year ago

dont try turning it on for a good few days after being In the rice my frazzle the circuit's if still wet

over a year ago

Yes !!! I dropped mine in the bath, for a matter of seconds Did the Rice and Radiator thing and Its was Knackered

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Was looking at a new Sony ph yesterday ........its waterproof ! "

Made specifically for females

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Never dropped it down the loo..... have been to throw it at the wall or someone's head on occasion though

over a year ago

Sheffield

"Never dropped it down the loo..... have been to throw it at the wall or someone's head on occasion though "

I've never thrown mine, though I do seem to drop it a fair bit - it has been in the bath as well as down the loo before Although briefly in both instances...

It is now lodged in the airing cupboard for at least three day in a bag (cloth) of rice.

Which does mean that I can't pop into the forums anymore, I have to wait till I have the lappy going

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF!?!

over a year ago

"Never dropped it down the loo..... have been to throw it at the wall or someone's head on occasion though

I've never thrown mine, though I do seem to drop it a fair bit - it has been in the bath as well as down the loo before Although briefly in both instances...

It is now lodged in the airing cupboard for at least three day in a bag (cloth) of rice.

Which does mean that I can't pop into the forums anymore, I have to wait till I have the lappy going

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF!?! "

You need something hard to ponder on

over a year ago

Sheffield

"Never dropped it down the loo..... have been to throw it at the wall or someone's head on occasion though

You need something hard to ponder on "

Have you got anything handy?

over a year ago

Have you got anything handy? "

I've got a big book of discrete mathematical problems, some of which are pretty hard. Any use?

over a year ago

Sheffield

Have you got anything handy?

I've got a big book of discrete mathematical problems, some of which are pretty hard. Any use?"

Well, I've already got a sudoku book so I'm good for maths problems...

over a year ago

I dropped my iPhone yesterday from barely any height and completely smashed the front screen, can barely see anything

over a year ago

Sheffield

"I dropped my iPhone yesterday from barely any height and completely smashed the front screen, can barely see anything "

I feel your pain sister!

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"I dropped my iPhone yesterday from barely any height and completely smashed the front screen, can barely see anything "

My brother in law did same with is Samsung galaxy picking it up from shop and cracked screen think he managed all of two minutes with it

over a year ago

"I dropped my iPhone yesterday from barely any height and completely smashed the front screen, can barely see anything

My brother in law did same with is Samsung galaxy picking it up from shop and cracked screen think he managed all of two minutes with it "

Had this one a while and it has been dropped a couple of times, this is just sods laws! Need to sort out a replacement as guessing what the words say on the screen is no fun!

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"I dropped my iPhone yesterday from barely any height and completely smashed the front screen, can barely see anything

My brother in law did same with is Samsung galaxy picking it up from shop and cracked screen think he managed all of two minutes with it

Had this one a while and it has been dropped a couple of times, this is just sods laws! Need to sort out a replacement as guessing what the words say on the screen is no fun!"

Turn voice over on it might help

over a year ago

Had this one a while and it has been dropped a couple of times, this is just sods laws! Need to sort out a replacement as guessing what the words say on the screen is no fun!

Turn voice over on it might help "

Siri is useless lol and besides only help me type not read

over a year ago

Dropped my iphone in the bath..took battery n sim card out..stuck it in a bag of rice for a day and hey presto good as new. few days after dropped the bugga and smashed the screen. sold it and bought a Samsung.

over a year ago

Happened to my son he put his through the washer.

Never worked again.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Siri is useless lol and besides only help me type not read "

Voice over is the screen reader

Settings

General

Accessibity

Voice over

It's a blind blokes best friend you know

over a year ago

Settings

General

Accessibity

Voice over

It's a blind blokes best friend you know "

Thanks never knew that

over a year ago

Sheffield

Settings

General

Accessibity

Voice over

It's a blind blokes best friend you know "

Fido is going to be soooooo miffed with you! He went to classes and everything!

Take care today - he may walk you into oncoming traffic!

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Settings

General

Accessibity

Voice over

Take care today - he may walk you into oncoming traffic! "

It ok she had cob on with me all yesterday as I fussed my uncles dog, bitches can be so processsive sometimes

over a year ago

Sheffield

Settings

General

Accessibity

Voice over

It ok she had cob on with me all yesterday as I fussed my uncles dog, bitches can be so processsive sometimes "

So you're getting your own back?

Dangerous territory Nuccy, this way lies escalation, physical harm and separation!

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Settings

General

Accessibity

Voice over

It ok she had cob on with me all yesterday as I fussed my uncles dog, bitches can be so processsive sometimes

So you're getting your own back?

Dangerous territory Nuccy, this way lies escalation, physical harm and separation! "

Everyone here finds it so funny, went to pub last night and everyone was asking what I done to her as she went and lay behind me.

Hopefully she be in better mood as I fed her early

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

An Apple store will generally just replace the phone if it's under a year old... Several friends have taken theirs back to be repaired and were all just given new handsets.

over a year ago

Settings

General

Accessibity

Voice over

Thanks never knew that "

Never knew that either and I have just found Braille on iPhone .

over a year ago

An Apple store will generally just replace the phone if it's under a year old... Several friends have taken theirs back to be repaired and were all just given new handsets. "

Mine is a year old soon...so thanks, and I am also due an upgrade.

Post new Message to Thread