Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

HMP Aylesbury

Jump to newest

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

On TV now, and its getting me so annoyed.... one half of me says rehabilitate, the other says throw away the key.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

13 minutes in is a bit swift to be making a decision.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

its the 2nd option for me lady

Billy

By *wingsnroundaboutsCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

There's no hope for people like that.

over a year ago

"On TV now, and its getting me so annoyed.... one half of me says rehabilitate, the other says throw away the key. "
had to turn over, cant watch it.

over a year ago

"13 minutes in is a bit swift to be making a decision."

One minute was enough for me.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Now I'll have to go and watch it..

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

"13 minutes in is a bit swift to be making a decision."

Sometimes, doesnt matter what I say, its wrong.

Just ignore,

over a year ago

Watching it myself now,sad stuff

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It is sad....

over a year ago

Perhaps a thermo nuclear device would rid us of this vermin

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Perhaps a thermo nuclear device would rid us of this vermin"

over a year ago

Showing off for the cameras like fucking toddlers

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

"On TV now, and its getting me so annoyed.... one half of me says rehabilitate, the other says throw away the key. "

99% of these lads will continue to commit crime untill they die, friends of mine were like this at 14 and still the same in there 50's.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I say, what a jolly good idea....I'll get onto the Home Office this minute.

In the meantime could you help us out with the North Korean crisis?

over a year ago

I rest my case exterminate exterminate

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I rest my case exterminate exterminate "

Thank you Mr Dalek.....

over a year ago

Yes thanks for that what Korean crisis. Let them blow the shit out of each other

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

ah yes, the voice of reason..

over a year ago

I think its sad as in most of these lads will know no better and have seen people behave the way they do growing up and think they have to act up and have this chavvish gang mentality to gain status...and sad that having seen it it hasn't been enough to make them want more from life.

What a generation

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with the,daleks except they couldn't climb stairs good job they didn't live here would have got benefits and free house

over a year ago

It's disturbing that they are so young...

over a year ago

"It's disturbing that they are so young..."

By *ooking atMan
over a year ago

Leeds

There bell ends they need smashing

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"There bell ends they need smashing"

You want to smash their bell ends?

over a year ago

Dispose of them now stop them having kids and bringing another loads of losers into the world

By *nanneWoman
over a year ago

wirral

there is no quick fix to the problem we have in this country .. total lack of respect for themselves and others not helped by the litigation state we find ourselves in ... maybe we should give rights back to parents and authority figures so that kids today know where the bounderies are and that if they cross them they wont be given a pat on the back and encouraged to make claims... prison should always be a last resort and they are sent there as a punishment not to be punished bring back borstal and the good old short sharp shock never mind what the european court of human rights says

over a year ago

Don't watch any of that rubbish, why should they get air time, they are criminals and cause misery and suffering, let them rot in obscurity, and out of the public eye.

M

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Dispose of them now stop them having kids and bringing another loads of losers into the world "

are you actually as stupid as you are sounding..?

over a year ago

Anyone who think all prisoners can be rehabilitated please read the story on the Belgian monster who kidnapped and raped 6 girls, allowing four of them to starve to death.

He has applied for parole on licence (in Belgium a lifer can apply for release after 15 years), but his own MOTHER contacted the court on hearing her son's application for parole, stating: "This is a repeat offender in his soul, as he has already proved throughout his life."

Some can be rehabilitated but those are for whom a prison sentence was something they never thought they would undergo, but for career criminals a prison sentence is something they know will happen sooner or later and accept it as such.

over a year ago

Why not just exterminate them.

over a year ago

"Don't watch any of that rubbish, why should they get air time, they are criminals and cause misery and suffering, let them rot in obscurity, and out of the public eye.

M"

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

"there is no quick fix to the problem we have in this country .. total lack of respect for themselves and others not helped by the litigation state we find ourselves in ... maybe we should give rights back to parents and authority figures so that kids today know where the bounderies are and that if they cross them they wont be given a pat on the back and encouraged to make claims... prison should always be a last resort and they are sent there as a punishment not to be punished bring back borstal and the good old shortfall sharp shock never mind what the european court of human rights says "

Borstal was seen as a joke when I was young, kids felt if they had done borstal, they were HARD ffs.

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

"there is no quick fix to the problem we have in this country .. total lack of respect for themselves and others not helped by the litigation state we find ourselves in ... maybe we should give rights back to parents and authority figures so that kids today know where the bounderies are and that if they cross them they wont be given a pat on the back and encouraged to make claims... prison should always be a last resort and they are sent there as a punishment not to be punished bring back borstal and the good old short sharp shock never mind what the european court of human rights says "

I agree in part, but unfortunately a lot of the 'parents' or role models are too d*unk or too high to care what their kids are up to.

Thats not a view, its an observation.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Dispose of them now stop them having kids and bringing another loads of losers into the world "

So all criminals children are automatically losers?....

over a year ago

"there is no quick fix to the problem we have in this country .. total lack of respect for themselves and others not helped by the litigation state we find ourselves in ... maybe we should give rights back to parents and authority figures so that kids today know where the bounderies are and that if they cross them they wont be given a pat on the back and encouraged to make claims... prison should always be a last resort and they are sent there as a punishment not to be punished bring back borstal and the good old short sharp shock never mind what the european court of human rights says

I agree in part, but unfortunately a lot of the 'parents' or role models are too d*unk or too high to care what their kids are up to.

Thats not a view, its an observation."

Not all parents of criminals are d*unks or drug users, wonder where you are observing from.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Why not just exterminate them. "

You must be able to think up a worse punishment than that....come back to us when you have come up with something a little bit more extreme...

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

"there is no quick fix to the problem we have in this country .. total lack of respect for themselves and others not helped by the litigation state we find ourselves in ... maybe we should give rights back to parents and authority figures so that kids today know where the bounderies are and that if they cross them they wont be given a pat on the back and encouraged to make claims... prison should always be a last resort and they are sent there as a punishment not to be punished bring back borstal and the good old short sharp shock never mind what the european court of human rights says

Thats not a view, its an observation.

Not all parents of criminals are d*unks or drug users, wonder where you are observing from."

I didnt say ALL parents of criminals are d*unks or drug users. I said a lot of them are, and my observation is from working with ex offenders who knew no different because no one cared !

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

This country really needs to find an answer to the growing prison population, IT JUST DOES NOT WORK.

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple
over a year ago

Takeley

played sunday league football there years ago ( we were the away team ), scared from the moment we walked in there. An aura of caged evil. Never been so happy to get out of anywhere( we got a 2-2 draw).

By *WLondonMixMan
over a year ago

Willsden/DollisHill

38Days added on for holding a fellow prisoner hostage... That's a joke in it self.

I read a great post on Facebook saying we should put pensioners in prison and criminals in old people's homes. That way pensioner will have:

24/7 hours care and supervision

Workshops,

tvs

entertainment consols

gardens and access to gym

Allowed out of there cells for hours each day

3 meals a day plus many choices

Easy access to drugs to help the days go by

Private visitation rooms

There fore criminals are left with:

Locked in dirty rooms 24-7

miss treated and abused

No heat water and food on odd occasion

Carers who don't give a toss about them

And plenty more but you get the jist lol

(Obviously not all care homes fall under this standard and I do hold the most respect for those that are run right and give the care the elderly deserve)

over a year ago

Nope,it doesn't free bed n board,smokes and tv pool tables,for most its easier then living out of them,They are sent there for punishment i don't think they should have all the comforts of home.

over a year ago

Nobody can help them, they can only help themselves, for the person they want to be.

By *ooking atMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"There bell ends they need smashing

You want to smash their bell ends?

"

be a good start the sad Fuckers

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

There have been people breaking the law since the first days laws were made. Its got a bit to do with nature, and a bit to do with murture, but there are people who had excellent upbringings and parents who feel compelled to break the law.

Antisocial behaviour is not a modern thing!

over a year ago

Thanks Jane. Why not send them all to today they would fit in well

over a year ago

got to say most of them deserve to be in there , the words as thick as shit come to mind , and to be honest its the best place for them

over a year ago

Torbay

By *nanneWoman
over a year ago

wirral

parents are not always to blame ....good parents can have bad kids, you can only give your kids the bricks to build their lives with if you have taught your child right from wrong and shown them love and compasion and they then choose a life of crime then that is nor really the fault of a parent more often the fault lies with society as a whole and as ive said a total lack of respect accross the board

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Thanks Jane. Why not send them all to today they would fit in well"

Sorry couldn't understand that...repeat?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Anyone who think all prisoners can be rehabilitated please read the story on the Belgian monster who kidnapped and raped 6 girls, allowing four of them to starve to death.

He has applied for parole on licence (in Belgium a lifer can apply for release after 15 years), but his own MOTHER contacted the court on hearing her son's application for parole, stating: "This is a repeat offender in his soul, as he has already proved throughout his life."

Some can be rehabilitated but those are for whom a prison sentence was something they never thought they would undergo, but for career criminals a prison sentence is something they know will happen sooner or later and accept it as such.

"

using detroux as an example or a guideline on rehabilitation is rather loading the debate to one side..

the fact that he can apply for parole after 4 murders and the rest of his crimes is a bit bizarre..

not all will ever be rehabilitated, would like the government to take it seriously as long term both financially and for further victims of crime it has to be better than just locking them down..

over a year ago

"Why not just exterminate them.

You must be able to think up a worse punishment than that....come back to us when you have come up with something a little bit more extreme..."

J just told me that he thinks they still boil people alive in uzbekistan for some crimes, cant get more extreme than that.

how awful

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

You can become rehabilitated...

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Torbay"

What a strange remark to make....

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Good to know these people are about 2 miles from our house

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

The prison sentence is the punishment, the actual stay in prison is supposed to be used to rehabilitate so that the person leaves prison with a purpose and doesn't re-offend.

It works with some, but with others its a complete waste of time, the sad thing is that so much time is taken up trying to control the idiots that the ones who do want to change their lives are not given enough of a chance ...

Some can never be rehabilitated due to it being a 'way of life' rather than a choice of behaviour.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Some will be rehabilitated, some won't...

Not much of a reason to abandon them all is it?

The answer surely is to try our best as a society to work with those that can be helped back into a 'normal' life.

By *ooking atMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Molly cuddled state

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

"Good to know these people are about 2 miles from our house "

Move now lol.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Good to know these people are about 2 miles from our house "

I lived round the corner from it too.. my friend was a prison officer there..

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Good to know these people are about 2 miles from our house

Move now lol. "

If only we could, thankfully logic dictates that if someone escapes from prison they generally dont hang around outside the prison after!

over a year ago

"Anyone who think all prisoners can be rehabilitated please read the story on the Belgian monster who kidnapped and raped 6 girls, allowing four of them to starve to death.

using detroux as an example or a guideline on rehabilitation is rather loading the debate to one side..

the fact that he can apply for parole after 4 murders and the rest of his crimes is a bit bizarre..

not all will ever be rehabilitated, would like the government to take it seriously as long term both financially and for further victims of crime it has to be better than just locking them down.. "

I don't believe I was loading the debate. My point was that some people think all prisoners can be rehabilitated and the fact remains is that some can't, and it is these misguided believers in turning convicts into model citizens who really need to get to grip with the reality that releasing supposedly reformed characters back into society is flawed and dangerous.

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

"Good to know these people are about 2 miles from our house

Move now lol.

If only we could, thankfully logic dictates that if someone escapes from prison they generally dont hang around outside the prison after!"

Wouldnt worry, they nearly all end up here !!!

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

Trouble is they get out, no decent jobs, so no money, so return to crime for easy money.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

not all will ever be rehabilitated, would like the government to take it seriously as long term both financially and for further victims of crime it has to be better than just locking them down..

I don't believe I was loading the debate. My point was that some people think all prisoners can be rehabilitated and the fact remains is that some can't, and it is these misguided believers in turning convicts into model citizens who really need to get to grip with the reality that releasing supposedly reformed characters back into society is flawed and dangerous."

Wishy people who have been to prison can become rehabilited its up to them to want to do it..

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

"Trouble is they get out, no decent jobs, so no money, so return to crime for easy money."

Very true, the tick-box on an application form thats askes 'do you have a criminal record' is usually as far as most employers go before slinging the form. Most offences are wiped after 24 months, but a prison sentence of 5 yrs or more is on your record for life. So doing something stupid at 18 could stay with you for the rest of your life. (not saying thats wrong, just think it needs a re-think).

over a year ago

Right bit of clarity here re rehabilitation there is government aim to get more folk on community programmes aka probation service to manage offenders sad part of this is like most things here cutbacks have resulted in loss of lots of probation staff so puts more strain on those left to manage more folk Square peg round hole comes to mind.

over a year ago

What identifies a society is not how affluent or powerful it is but how it treats the people on the margins of that society the elderly the infirm the disabled the insane and yes its prisoners. Retribution justice is proven to be useless and a sophisticated society must advocate a rehabilitation ethos. People can change and if just a handful are redeemed the process is morally and fiscally sound

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

"Trouble is they get out, no decent jobs, so no money, so return to crime for easy money.

Very true, the tick-box on an application form thats askes 'do you have a criminal record' is usually as far as most employers go before slinging the form. Most offences are wiped after 24 months, but a prison sentence of 5 yrs or more is on your record for life. So doing something stupid at 18 could stay with you for the rest of your life. (not saying thats wrong, just think it needs a re-think). "

If you see the number of uni students who cant get a job what chance has a con got.Plus sell a bit of gear and you can earn 300 pound a night.Whwt are they going to do

over a year ago

I'm not sure what people expected from this programme - sweet, innocent kids just a bit down on their luck and ready to overcome everything just for the want of a kindly word or a bit of guidance.

Shock horror, it's a mean and nasty world at times, and prisons house some mean, nasty people.

If you looked at prisons in any country or at any time in history you'd find the same mixture of damaged, stupid idiots full of false bravado.

Don't forget that this is a "reality" show and is designed to shock and therefore is targeted to show the biggest idiots of the lot.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

I don't believe I was loading the debate. My point was that some people think all prisoners can be rehabilitated and the fact remains is that some can't, and it is these misguided believers in turning convicts into model citizens who really need to get to grip with the reality that releasing supposedly reformed characters back into society is flawed and dangerous."

Will differ on the detroux point..

some will wear rose tinted spectacles on any subject and believe what they want to hear to support that belief..

part of the problem is the prison places are being used as mental health wards and to send a message that the government are tough on crime by banging up none tv license payers etc..

over a year ago

"13 minutes in is a bit swift to be making a decision.

Sometimes, doesnt matter what I say, its wrong.

Just ignore, "

You and me both

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * - | -

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

interesting, I just did a quick Google on the TV licence point.

140,000 people were given a criminal record last year for not paying their licence. yet you can steal goods worth £200, or cause £500 worth of criminal damage and be handed a fixed penalty notice by the police.

the law needs changing, and quickly i guess.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"interesting, I just did a quick Google on the TV licence point.

140,000 people were given a criminal record last year for not paying their licence. yet you can steal goods worth £200, or cause £500 worth of criminal damage and be handed a fixed penalty notice by the police.

the law needs changing, and quickly i guess. "

You don't get a criminal record for not paying your TV license, you get the criminal record for defying a court order to make the payment when you have already been caught and prosecuted.

Refusal to pay a court fine

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

" ...........

Don't forget that this is a "reality" show and is designed to shock and therefore is targeted to show the biggest idiots of the lot."

And those idiots will be only too willing to rise to the occasion.

By *ady4lady OP   Woman
over a year ago

liverpool

"interesting, I just did a quick Google on the TV licence point.

the law needs changing, and quickly i guess.

You don't get a criminal record for not paying your TV license, you get the criminal record for defying a court order to make the payment when you have already been caught and prosecuted.

Refusal to pay a court fine"

The website I got it from (Daily Mail) says ..... The law as it stands allows TV Licence inspectors to take you to court if they discover you watching your TV without a licence - even if you agree to pay on the spot.

Propoganda??? I dont know as I have a licence lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

" ...........

Don't forget that this is a "reality" show and is designed to shock and therefore is targeted to show the biggest idiots of the lot.

And those idiots will be only too willing to rise to the occasion."

Exactly....and showing too many of those who do rehablitate never makes good television, not enough shock value.

over a year ago

I was shocked watching this especially when they held that boy hostage and practically got away with it.

According to google what was shown wasn't the worst that happened when filming,

"Series director and producer Lee Phillips said: “The most horrendous incidents we saw won’t be shown, either because of sensitivity or because they are still going through the judicial process.

“Those incidents were very serious — they include the attempted murder of a prison officer who was stabbed in the face 20-plus"

Shocking!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I point this out only in passing and 'cos I've mentioned it before but at least two of the main troublemakers featured had given names which 'benefit' from unusual spelling.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I was shocked watching this especially when they held that boy hostage and practically got away with it.

"Series director and producer Lee Phillips said: “The most horrendous incidents we saw won’t be shown, either because of sensitivity or because they are still going through the judicial process.

“Those incidents were very serious — they include the attempted murder of a prison officer who was stabbed in the face 20-plus"

Shocking!"

OMG....that is awful...

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I was shocked watching this especially when they held that boy hostage and practically got away with it.

Shocking!

OMG....that is awful... "

I doubt it's that unusual.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Shocking!

OMG....that is awful...

I doubt it's that unusual."

Nah its not esp in Aylesbury which has a reputation for its violence...

over a year ago

"I point this out only in passing and 'cos I've mentioned it before but at least two of the main troublemakers featured had given names which 'benefit' from unusual spelling.

"

I don't get what u ur getting at?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I point this out only in passing and 'cos I've mentioned it before but at least two of the main troublemakers featured had given names which 'benefit' from unusual spelling.

I don't get what u ur getting at?"

Just as an example, one of the chief troublemakers was called Caspean.

This isn't the first time I've noticed, and mentioned here, that people with unusually spelled given names find themselves in difficult situations.

Does having the name attract trouble or do people with unusual names have, for want of a better phrase, a bit of a problem?

I dunno, but it seems to be the case.

over a year ago

One word to describe those 3 who took hostage ....... Animals

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

I don't believe I was loading the debate. My point was that some people think all prisoners can be rehabilitated and the fact remains is that some can't, and it is these misguided believers in turning convicts into model citizens who really need to get to grip with the reality that releasing supposedly reformed characters back into society is flawed and dangerous.

Will differ on the detroux point..

some will wear rose tinted spectacles on any subject and believe what they want to hear to support that belief..

part of the problem is the prison places are being used as mental health wards and to send a message that the government are tough on crime by banging up none tv license payers etc..

"

Some people have absolutely no idea about the criminal justice system other than what they read in the papers, see in the news and in programmes such as this.

Most of the lock em up and throw away the key brigade are the most ill informed and ignorant of all. The only thing these people have a achieved is give us a flawed, pointless criminal justice system that does nothing to reduce crime.

over a year ago

This isn't the first time I've noticed, and mentioned here, that people with unusually spelled given names find themselves in difficult situations.

Does having the name attract trouble or do people with unusual names have, for want of a better phrase, a bit of a problem?

I dunno, but it seems to be the case."

My sons have unusual names ive never had any trouble from them

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

Most of the lock em up and throw away the key brigade are the most ill informed and ignorant of all. The only thing these people have a achieved is give us a flawed, pointless criminal justice system that does nothing to reduce crime."

Really good point

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"................

Most of the lock em up and throw away the key brigade are the most ill informed and ignorant of all. The only thing these people have a achieved is give us a flawed, pointless criminal justice system that does nothing to reduce crime."

But it makes them feel so much better about themselves that they don't care that the evidence fails to support their misconceptions.

over a year ago

"................

Most of the lock em up and throw away the key brigade are the most ill informed and ignorant of all. The only thing these people have a achieved is give us a flawed, pointless criminal justice system that does nothing to reduce crime.

But it makes them feel so much better about themselves that they don't care that the evidence fails to support their misconceptions."

Sadly you may have a point there

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I dunno, but it seems to be the case."

Both of my sons have christian names that are not spelt in the traditional manner....both are young professionals who have fantastic jobs and earn salaries that most men of twice their age would love to earn....

So, means very little in reality.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"................

But it makes them feel so much better about themselves that they don't care that the evidence fails to support their misconceptions."

agreed..

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"................

We should just be thankful that they are not in positions of importance and trust.....

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"................

But it makes them feel so much better about themselves that they don't care that the evidence fails to support their misconceptions.

We should just be thankful that they are not in positions of importance and trust..... "

They voted in the Tories

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"................

We should just be thankful that they are not in positions of importance and trust.....

They voted in the Tories "

Which only goes to strengthen my argument....

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"................

They voted in the Tories "

should lock them up and throw away the key ...

way beyond rehabilitation..

By *ss2011Man
over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

Was there a new David Charlton in the program!?

over a year ago

I'm surprised at some of the opinions posted on this thread. I believe, as the mental health worker said in the programme, that no-one is born evil. We're all born into the world the same. Its life experiences that make us who we are. I'm not using that as an excuse for those who commit crime. I'm just pointing out that we should thank our lucky stars that we've been brought up the right way. Some of those lads in there don't know any different. They've not been shown how to behave; and yet some people on here think they should be 'exterminated!'. That lad who had mental health problems saw his dad murdered when he was six. How does that affect the mind of a six year old? I wish people showed a bit more understanding, and didnt jump on the bandwagon of 'letting them all rot in jail'. We're all human beings, and it's society's fault as a whole that there are so many criminals. We should all take responsibilty for this, and try and encourage rehabilitation of these offenders.

over a year ago

"I'm surprised at some of the opinions posted on this thread. I believe, as the mental health worker said in the programme, that no-one is born evil. We're all born into the world the same. Its life experiences that make us who we are. I'm not using that as an excuse for those who commit crime. I'm just pointing out that we should thank our lucky stars that we've been brought up the right way. Some of those lads in there don't know any different. They've not been shown how to behave; and yet some people on here think they should be 'exterminated!'. That lad who had mental health problems saw his dad murdered when he was six. How does that affect the mind of a six year old? I wish people showed a bit more understanding, and didnt jump on the bandwagon of 'letting them all rot in jail'. We're all human beings, and it's society's fault as a whole that there are so many criminals. We should all take responsibilty for this, and try and encourage rehabilitation of these offenders."
brilliant!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I'm surprised at some of the opinions posted on this thread. I believe, as the mental health worker said in the programme, that no-one is born evil. We're all born into the world the same. Its life experiences that make us who we are. I'm not using that as an excuse for those who commit crime. I'm just pointing out that we should thank our lucky stars that we've been brought up the right way. Some of those lads in there don't know any different. They've not been shown how to behave; and yet some people on here think they should be 'exterminated!'. That lad who had mental health problems saw his dad murdered when he was six. How does that affect the mind of a six year old? I wish people showed a bit more understanding, and didnt jump on the bandwagon of 'letting them all rot in jail'. We're all human beings, and it's society's fault as a whole that there are so many criminals. We should all take responsibilty for this, and try and encourage rehabilitation of these offenders."

well said

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"................

should lock them up and throw away the key ...

way beyond rehabilitation.. "

That's just a counsel of despair. It'll never work.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Well said

over a year ago

"Don't watch any of that rubbish, why should they get air time, they are criminals and cause misery and suffering, let them rot in obscurity, and out of the public eye.

M"

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

"................

Post new Message to Thread