Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

September mist

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
35 weeks ago

Almost gone, cannot replace it. Looking back and reflection has it been a fab filled month or was it?

For me it was okay. Be glad to see it gone but ending it on a good note.

Here is to October..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
35 weeks ago

I’ve decided that I don’t like September.

Daughter back to school so my house has felt empty and a little bit less joyful.

Some folk intent on skullduggery have started to mention Christmas. Take that shit to December please.

To cap it all off, I just don’t like months that have only 30 days in them.

By *2000ManMan
35 weeks ago

Worthing

Some decent weather this month and October will have a bit of an indian summer here.

By *eroLondonMan
35 weeks ago

Covent Garden

"Daughter back to school so my house has felt empty and a little bit less joyful."

"Some folk intent on skullduggery have started to mention Christmas. Take that shit to December please."

I couldn't agree with you more.

By *eliWoman
35 weeks ago

I'll know it when I find it.

September has always been a month I've adored; I remember the excitement of new stationery, that joy of returning to school and everything to be learnt that lay ahead.

This month? I started off in a rather dark period - standing up for myself, for what I knew was right in my heart resulted in unexpected abuse. That hurt. And yet. I found my friends. I found the strength in living. Enjoying myself. Opening up to others.

I realised this month I love two friends. One I've known for years virtually. I've been a shit, forgotten their birthday in my self focused sadness. Laughed for hours. Cried. And then I finally had the chance to meet them. It was everything I thought it would be. Sometimes people imprint on your soul and I've found one who has.

The other? I think I've loved him for some time, I've just not been able to admit it. When things were sad, when I let him see the real me he didn't flinch. I don't want anything from him. His happiness brings me joy. His sadness makes me want to comfort him. I love him for all he is and all he could be.

I've not always been the best this month. I've drank too much. Smoked the tears away. I wasn't the kindest to someone who wanted my friendship, I could have made more effort but that urge to forget was too strong.

And then. I met someone. Someone I'd been talking to for years but always thought, no Meli. There's no chance it could work. I said fuck it and off I went. Excited. Nervous. Was very clear that I couldn't offer more than friendship. The last date there was a gentle shift that took me by surprise.

I think this month I've learnt a lot. And I'm looking forward to October, to masked men, to laughter, to cocktails, PSLs, horror films, continuing to rediscover my confidence and the happiness I find with others.

By *imi_RougeWoman
35 weeks ago

Portsmouth

It's been a mixed bag, some awful shocks and some pleasant surprises.

I think October might be more of the same.

Post new Message to Thread