Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

size 16 is the norm

Jump to newest

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple
over a year ago

bristol

this want when i was growing up .. why have times changed so much ??

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"this want when i was growing up .. why have times changed so much ??"

FUN......doesnt come in sizes

Reply privately

over a year ago

bristol

"this want when i was growing up .. why have times changed so much ??

FUN......doesnt come in sizes "

wasnt a slight on anyone ... just a question ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unless your funsize

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am not sure I understand what the OP is about?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think the op means.

why are people fatter today than they were say 20 years ago x

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Easy. Much more sedentary lifestyles, junk food on tap,lack of education in schools in healthy eating, lack of physical education being taught in schools with academic classes being favoured, video games meaning kids don't go out anymore, increased paranoia about kids safety outside the home

Reply privately

over a year ago

bristol

"I think the op means.

why are people fatter today than they were say 20 years ago x"

ohhh right .. you've noticed it as well

Reply privately

over a year ago

"this want when i was growing up .. why have times changed so much ??"

So what are your views on it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

bristol

So what are your views

on it? "

ready meals .. burger joints and game consles

Reply privately

By * n zCouple
over a year ago

leamington spa

Yes people are getting bigger.......also the average height is more than used to be also shoe size, and while that's no excuse for being over weight, the average dress size must also be bigger too.........

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Easy. Much more sedentary lifestyles, junk food on tap,lack of education in schools in healthy eating, lack of physical education being taught in schools with academic classes being favoured, video games meaning kids don't go out anymore, increased paranoia about kids safety outside the home "

It's sad because it has another effect of kids being too sheltered. No more being outdoors exploring etc and using their imaginations. Cooped up indoors waiting for someone/ something to entertain them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Easy. Much more sedentary lifestyles, junk food on tap,lack of education in schools in healthy eating, lack of physical education being taught in schools with academic classes being favoured, video games meaning kids don't go out anymore, increased paranoia about kids safety outside the home

It's sad because it has another effect of kids being too sheltered. No more being outdoors exploring etc and using their imaginations. Cooped up indoors waiting for someone/ something to entertain them. "

It is really sad. I try and keep my young son outside the house as much as possible but he certainly can't go wondering around the countryside like myself and my friends did at his age.

But I make sure he has as many fun physical activitys as possible to do as I want him to have a lifelong healthy attitude x

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/02/13 07:08:13]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Touchy subject this but from what I have observed,

It makes no difference to fat people men or women, remember a lot will tell you that they are happy in their own bodys, they always seem to say "yes I might be fat but I am happy"

So what chance have their kids got? except to be fat and happy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You dont have to be fat to be a size 16!!!!

Reply privately

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Damn! I'll have to eat more

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You dont have to be fat to be a size 16!!!! "

Well said,what a lot of very vain folk around these days.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Unfortunately the food industry is partly at fault. Food quality is crap, with less nutrients on _ruit and veg than there were 20 years ago. Also additives like high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fatty acids add calories and bulk without adding any benefit. Even lo-cal food is crap, with bulking agents and starch being added. Its a wonder why some people don't have scurvy!

Reply privately

over a year ago

How so ???

Reply privately

By *wencatWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

We used to play out on our bikes rideing around the woods just managed to nip home when hungry and off again darnt let kids play out anymore even my kids played in the street only fast food they got was fish and chips very rare and had to walk to the chippy to buy them not delivered

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You dont have to be fat to be a size 16!!!!

Unfortunately the food industry is partly at fault. Food quality is crap, with less nutrients on _ruit and veg than there were 20 years ago. Also additives like high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fatty acids add calories and bulk without adding any benefit. Even lo-cal food is crap, with bulking agents and starch being addedIts a wonder why some people don't have scurvy!"

yeah and look how much a healthy lifestyle that is.......pmsl

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately the food industry is partly at fault. Food quality is crap, with less nutrients on _ruit and veg than there were 20 years ago. Also additives like high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fatty acids add calories and bulk without adding any benefit. Even lo-cal food is crap, with bulking agents and starch being addedIts a wonder why some people don't have scurvy!yeah and look how much a healthy lifestyle that is.......pmsl"

of course you'd know all about being healthy eh!

Reply privately

By *inge 1985Man
over a year ago

London

Life states getting more comfortable, we all spend so much on these little extras and want our kids "to have all the things we didn't have" but did we turn out so bad? I asked my nephews if they like tree climbing, They said they do it all the time, when we get to the park it turns out it was apart of a video game and they had never climbed an actual tree, people are just too comfortable leading to laziness or working to hard and to many hours to cook properly, go for a walk, take their kids to the park, itis just what people have let life become in the search for a better life, hunter gatherer is now behind a computer screen, from work, to dating, to shopping

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Unfortunately the food industry is partly at fault. Food quality is crap, with less nutrients on _ruit and veg than there were 20 years ago. Also additives like high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fatty acids add calories and bulk without adding any benefit. Even lo-cal food is crap, with bulking agents and starch being addedIts a wonder why some people don't have scurvy!yeah and look how much a healthy lifestyle that is.......pmslof course you'd know all about being healthy eh!"

Well I smoke so probably not the best advert for healthy living, but I do go to the gym as often as I can and eat food made from scratch, but its getting more and more difficult to have a truly healthy life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a bit of a generalisation to say 16 is the norm when Siren is (was) a 14 bottom and 12 top, she's now a 10 top and 12 bottom. Many women find it infuriatingly frustrating to have to mix and match clothing of different sizes to get an outfit that fits top and bottom.

I think they all look better naked anyway.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Lack of knowledge is the biggest factor here. I grew up in the sixties, we walked everywhere, played outside, never saw a ready meal, had crisps and fizzy pop at Christmas and sweets once a week. Schools didn't have to reach healthy eating and lifestyle it came naturally. There was usually one obese kid in the school and that was blamed on their glands. Somehow in the intervening years that knowledge has been lost and lots of people have no idea what constitutes healthy eating, think that walking half a mile is exercise and consume ready meals routinely. I don't know how you deal with this because I see families where being overweight is considered normal and the parents don't own coats because they're never outside long enough to need one and the main cook of the family only really knows how to open packets and reheat.

Reply privately

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

I'm bigger than a 16 . I do a physical job. I used to be tiny as a teenager. But I won't have people and the media telling me what size I should be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I (mrs) am overweight and that is due to bad choices made by myself, and I am in the process of trying to improve my health.

My kids however lead a very healthy lifestyle, they eat _ruit and veg and healthy homemade foods, they have games consoles but to balance that we try and make sure they get plenty of exercise and time outside.

I made bad choices but will make sure that as long as it is in my control my children will be healthy, I don't believe that just because parents are overweight it gives them an excuse to feed their children junk and let them sit in front of a screen all day xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wasn't Monroe a 16? Womanly curves rock

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just to add to that, I am comfortable with my size and the way I look, I am not lazy (as is sometimes the stereotype) I just made bad food choices and would now like to be healthier, not necessarily skinnier if that makes sense lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Still doesn't change a thing size 16 is fat !

J

Reply privately

By *inge 1985Man
over a year ago

London

"Lack of knowledge is the biggest factor here. I grew up in the sixties, we walked everywhere, played outside, never saw a ready meal, had crisps and fizzy pop at Christmas and sweets once a week. Schools didn't have to reach healthy eating and lifestyle it came naturally. There was usually one obese kid in the school and that was blamed on their glands. Somehow in the intervening years that knowledge has been lost and lots of people have no idea what constitutes healthy eating, think that walking half a mile is exercise and consume ready meals routinely. I don't know how you deal with this because I see families where being overweight is considered normal and the parents don't own coats because they're never outside long enough to need one and the main cook of the family only really knows how to open packets and reheat."

Problem is family values seem to be slipping with it also, with a thousand channels family time is staring at a picture box not drawing pictures, watching game shows in stead of playing actual games ect...

Reply privately

By *ethany10Couple
over a year ago

falkirk

In my opinion size 16 is big, however as long as people are happy with their size who are we too criticise. I must admit I prefer slimmer women but there are enough preferences on here to meet everyone's needs.

Steve

Reply privately

By *inge 1985Man
over a year ago

London

"Still doesn't change a thing size 16 is fat !

J"

Depends on the persons height 6ft and size 10 can look ill, it depends how someone Carries themself.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wasn't Monroe a 16? Womanly curves rock"

Well said.....and thank you......nowt wrong with curves it all the correct places

Reply privately

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

J

Depends on the persons height 6ft and size 10 can look ill, it depends how someone Carries themself. "

A friend of mine would be a size 8 except for her g cup boobs. As a result she wears size 18 tops and size 8 bottoms.

Reply privately

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

"Just to add to that, I am comfortable with my size and the way I look, I am not lazy (as is sometimes the stereotype) I just made bad food choices and would now like to be healthier, not necessarily skinnier if that makes sense lol "
well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

A few factors I can think of that have not helped.

Fast food

Ready Meals

Schools selling off playing fields

Kids in front of tv/computer games all day

When I was a kid all the children on my road would play football or run outs (who remembers run outs)

Now you get an Asbo for these activities.

Reply privately

By *inge 1985Man
over a year ago

London

J

Depends on the persons height 6ft and size 10 can look ill, it depends how someone Carries themself.

A friend of mine would be a size 8 except for her g cup boobs. As a result she wears size 18 tops and size 8 bottoms. "

Does she need to lean back when standing up to stop her falling forward? X

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately the food industry is partly at fault. Food quality is crap, with less nutrients on _ruit and veg than there were 20 years ago. Also additives like high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fatty acids add calories and bulk without adding any benefit. Even lo-cal food is crap, with bulking agents and starch being added. Its a wonder why some people don't have scurvy!"

Well said. A lot to be said for a normal balance of whole foods and avoiding processed foods. The comment re high fructose corn syrup reminded me and L of an excellent series of three progrmmes last year on the beeb called The Men Who Made Us Fat, which took the food industry to task on the highly questionable use if this substance. It's popularity is due to a massive change in farming in the US in the early 70s, which saw massive subsidies for farmers who grew this crop.

The yellow arches use it in almost everything!

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

J"

Not at all. I know plenty of people who wear 16 and over coz of big boobs and one of my friends is a fitness instruction who lifts a lot of weights and she wears a 16 is 5ft 10 and had her body fat measures in one of those machines a while back and was told she needed to gain fat as she was too lean! So you can't generalise like that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Touchy subject this but from what I have observed,

It makes no difference to fat people men or women, remember a lot will tell you that they are happy in their own body's, they always seem to say "yes I might be fat but I am happy"

So what chance have their kids got? except to be fat and happy. "

The above was my first post to this thread ! And its all over the news, obesity is now at epidemic levels.

A size 16 is overweight or fat and if they think they are not, are in denial, just ask Dr Christian Lol.

That's down to lifestyle unless that person has a HEALTH PROBLEM.

My view has nothing to do with me being vain, or judge people about their spelling and grammar like the click seem to do as discussed in another thread!

This is J by the way not M when she finds out Iv been posting, it will be the dog house for me! Pmsl

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

No wonder eating disorders are on the rise...with everyone obsession with size....it really annoys me..i have been a size 26 to a size 12 now a size 20...I am 6ft and got more to worry about than someone thinking i am fat...i eat healthy and i exercise....my problem is i am a picker

Reply privately

over a year ago

It makes no difference to fat people men or women, remember a lot will tell you that they are happy in their own body's, they always seem to say "yes I might be fat but I am happy"

The above was my first post to this thread ! And its all over the news, obesity is now at epidemic levels.

A size 16 is overweight or fat and if they think they are not, are in denial, just ask Dr Christian Lol.

My view has nothing to do with me being vain, or judge people about their spelling and grammar like the click seem to do as discussed in another thread!

This is J by the way not M when she finds out Iv been posting, it will be the dog house for me! Pmsl

"

Your first comment was a good one and fair I thought. Your later comments appear to be worded to get people's backs up.

A person's size depends on their height. Someone 5ft and size 16 may be obese. A 6ft person at size 16 may be healthy. You can't generalise on size. Especially when as Wishy said, shops make clothes all different sizes. Size 16 in Next is VERY different to size 16 in Evans.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

The trouble with using dress size as an indication if obesity is that there is no set measurement for that size.

As people have said above, clothing size for women can depend in the size of their boobs, it can also vary greatly between shops and brands. Some women also wear larger sizes to cover up their lumps and bumps.

My nan was made to feel very self conscious by her husband about her size so wore a size 18 when in fact she was a size 14!

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"

What on earth has spelling, grammar and the clique got to do with anything? No ones mentioned it on this thread have they?

If you read my post above you will see that just coz someone is a 16 they are not classed as fat! Equally bmi readings are not accurate for gym go-ers as muscle is heavier than fat and therefore way off so you could be classed as clinically obese but have less fat on your body than someone who is a size 10!

Reply privately

over a year ago

J

Not at all. I know plenty of people who wear 16 and over coz of big boobs and one of my friends is a fitness instruction who lifts a lot of weights and she wears a 16 is 5ft 10 and had her body fat measures in one of those machines a while back and was told she needed to gain fat as she was too lean! So you can't generalise like that. "

A good fitness instructor would use callipers to test for a bmi, not a machine. Sounds like she may not be certified.

I find it hard to believe that a fitness instructor was 5ft 10 and size 16

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

We know people are, in general, bigger today. Better diet, better medical treatments, better lifestyles than 100-150 years ago.

However, we also know that Britain is one of the 'fattest' countries in the world. More sedentary lifestyles can account for that, but changes in diet, particularly in the last 20-30 years is a major factor. Due to busier lifestyles people eat far more processed food. When food manufacturers discovered that using high fructose corn syrup in processed food was cheaper than sugar they switched. The affect of this cannot be underestimated. HFCS is more likely to be stored as fat than sugar.

People who ate a lot of processed food were unaware of this change and continued in there eating patterns but discovered they were putting on more and more weight but were not actually eating greater quantities of food.

Studies have shown that this switch in ingredients, whilst not solely responsible for obesity, has contributed massively. Obesity rates in countries began to rise rapidly after its introduction.

There's a lot of good literature about this. It makes for interesting reading.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

* their

Oops!

Reply privately

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Size 16 fat???.

Well in that case I am fat but its amazing when couples are droolong over my curvacious bottom and f cup boobs that they never call me fat.

I may be fat in your eyes but at least I am not rude. Its like a man getting his dick out and me saying is that it? Its just rude.

Fruit x

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

J

Not at all. I know plenty of people who wear 16 and over coz of big boobs and one of my friends is a fitness instruction who lifts a lot of weights and she wears a 16 is 5ft 10 and had her body fat measures in one of those machines a while back and was told she needed to gain fat as she was too lean! So you can't generalise like that.

A good fitness instructor would use callipers to test for a bmi, not a machine. Sounds like she may not be certified.

I find it hard to believe that a fitness instructor was 5ft 10 and size 16 "

Even doctors use machines to test for body fat these days, your beloved Dr Christian included (I watch all the embarrassing body Programmes)

Reply privately

By *inge 1985Man
over a year ago

London

J

BMI tests have been proven to me a bunch of bollocks! Nearly everyone currently playing in professional rugby would be considered to be obese, ask how many women would turn down an England rugby team member!

As for a fitness instructor being size 16 one of the PTIs (physical training instructors) at my camp is a size 18 top due to her breast size and she trains soldiers to keep fit, has competed against men at army and tri services level, read the whole statement post!

Reply privately

over a year ago

What on earth has spelling, grammar and the clique got to do with anything? No ones mentioned it on this thread have they?

If you read my post above you will see that just coz someone is a 16 they are not classed as fat! Equally bmi readings are not accurate for gym go-ers as muscle is heavier than fat and therefore way off so you could be classed as clinically obese but have less fat on your body than someone who is a size 10! "

Muscle is heavier than FAT ??? How do you work that out? a pound in weight is a pound no matter what it is! So according to your thinking a tone of feathers is not as heavy as a tone of gold hahaha its only the composition that is different

Derr

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"No wonder eating disorders are on the rise...with everyone obsession with size....it really annoys me..i have been a size 26 to a size 12 now a size 20...I am 6ft and got more to worry about than someone thinking i am fat...i eat healthy and i exercise....my problem is i am a picker "

Thing is though cheeky my Dr told me that For me to have any success at losing weight I would have to develop an obsession bordering on an eating disorder

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

J

If you saw the size of her thighs you wouldn't. She solid muscle and her legs and arms are huge. I didn't say she tested people's BMI did I? I said she went in one of those machines and had her body fat measured and she was considered not to have enough fat on her body. She is pure muscle.

Reply privately

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I know if a zumba teacher who is about a size16 and alot shorter than me.

She has a bum and boobs not as big as mine. I wonder if you would class her as fat? She on an average days does hours of classes and puts me to shame.

I bet she is fitter than most x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Muscle weighs more than fat...its simple. If you work out and turn your fat into muscle you will actually gain weight rather than lose it. You may lose inches but you will gain weight.

Reply privately

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Muscle weighs more than fat...its simple. If you work out and turn your fat into muscle you will actually gain weight rather than lose it. You may lose inches but you will gain weight."

Thank you. After a quick google I found plenty of things that say the same..

Muscle is 70% water and, as a result, is a relatively heavy tissue—much heavier than fat. On the flip side, fat takes up much more space than muscle, actually three times as much. So when you lose a little fat and replace it with a little muscle, the scale will probably say you’ve gained weight because muscle weighs more than fat. But I promise your size will decrease because the muscle takes up less space. People who focus heavily on strength training, and those who only want to lose 5 to 10 lbs often see a slight increase in weight.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

If you read my post above you will see that just coz someone is a 16 they are not classed as fat! Equally bmi readings are not accurate for gym go-ers as muscle is heavier than fat and therefore way off so you could be classed as clinically obese but have less fat on your body than someone who is a size 10!

Muscle is heavier than FAT ??? How do you work that out? a pound in weight is a pound no matter what it is! So according to your thinking a tone of feathers is not as heavy as a tone of gold hahaha its only the composition that is different

Derr "

In terms of mass/volume, muscle IS heavier than fat. One pound of fat takes up more space than one pound of muscle as muscle is denser.

Derr indeed.

Reply privately

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

OMG .....

Reading back the posts of some people...wow.

Good luck in the site lol.

I wonder if the people writing the posts are either under 25 and immature or sizest and have on their profile no fat birds or women over a size......

I wonder if those would call my f cup boobs fat un comparison to say a c cup? Isnt a big breasted woman carrying extra fatty tissue in her breasts? Not sure really.

Just amazes me what peoples opinions are really!.

Fruit x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well apart from the exceptions of amazonian height and/or mammoth breasted women, size 16, although not exactly huge, is still not a natural size for the human body to be lumping around.

The trouble is that many people this size will creep up the dress sizes too, which also puts a massive strain on the health service with everybody having to foot the bill for all of the weight related illnesses.

McDonalds, Coca Cola et al should be heavily taxed for the amount of shite they pump in to people's bodies and advertising of this ought to be banned, rather than the current blanket advertising they are allowed to shove down all of our throats at every opportunity. They even sponsor sporting events for fuck's sake! That's like King Herod being allowed to advertise his babysitting services!

This will never happen though as at the end of the day, the only thing important is the huge profits for these multinational companies, who can afford to pay their way with as many back-handers as they need to corrupt and greedy officials across the globe.

It's all a sad state of affairs really

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"No wonder eating disorders are on the rise...with everyone obsession with size....it really annoys me..i have been a size 26 to a size 12 now a size 20...I am 6ft and got more to worry about than someone thinking i am fat...i eat healthy and i exercise....my problem is i am a picker

Thing is though cheeky my Dr told me that For me to have any success at losing weight I would have to develop an obsession bordering on an eating disorder "

I agree the reason i went from a size 26 to 12 is i became obsessed with food...i only ate things that had less than 3% fat...i used to make myself sick...its hard to know the cut off point....i can't develop that obsession again it make me physically and mentally ill

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Muscle weighs more than fat...its simple. If you work out and turn your fat into muscle you will actually gain weight rather than lose it. You may lose inches but you will gain weight.

Muscle is 70% water and, as a result, is a relatively heavy tissue—much heavier than fat. On the flip side, fat takes up much more space than muscle, actually three times as much. So when you lose a little fat and replace it with a little muscle, the scale will probably say you’ve gained weight because muscle weighs more than fat. But I promise your size will decrease because the muscle takes up less space. People who focus heavily on strength training, and those who only want to lose 5 to 10 lbs often see a slight increase in weight. "

that's what I meant by you may gain weight but actually lose inches xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

J

I find it hard to believe that a fitness instructor was 5ft 10 and size 16

BMI tests have been proven to me a bunch of bollocks! Nearly everyone currently playing in professional rugby would be considered to be obese, ask how many women would turn down an England rugby team member!

As for a fitness instructor being size 16 one of the PTIs (physical training instructors) at my camp is a size 18 top due to her breast size and she trains soldiers to keep fit, has competed against men at army and tri services level, read the whole statement post!"

You are talking about individual that is slightly different to this thread! Ok she and the other one are only a few, but what about the other hundreds of thousands size 16 and 18s ? They are fat! And as for the reference to rugby players that is about sports bmi not the government bmi which is only geared and meant for the general population not professional athletes!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Muscle weighs more than fat...its simple. If you work out and turn your fat into muscle you will actually gain weight rather than lose it. You may lose inches but you will gain weight.

Muscle is 70% water and, as a result, is a relatively heavy tissue—much heavier than fat. On the flip side, fat takes up much more space than muscle, actually three times as much. So when you lose a little fat and replace it with a little muscle, the scale will probably say you’ve gained weight because muscle weighs more than fat. But I promise your size will decrease because the muscle takes up less space. People who focus heavily on strength training, and those who only want to lose 5 to 10 lbs often see a slight increase in weight.

that's what I meant by you may gain weight but actually lose inches xx"

You can not turn fat to muscle or muscle will not turn to fat.

Fat is not living tissue! I think you need to google lol

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"Well apart from the exceptions of amazonian height and/or mammoth breasted women, size 16, although not exactly huge, is still not a natural size for the human body to be lumping around.

The trouble is that many people this size will creep up the dress sizes too, which also puts a massive strain on the health service with everybody having to foot the bill for all of the weight related illnesses.

McDonalds, Coca Cola et al should be heavily taxed for the amount of shite they pump in to people's bodies and advertising of this ought to be banned, rather than the current blanket advertising they are allowed to shove down all of our throats at every opportunity. They even sponsor sporting events for fuck's sake! That's like King Herod being allowed to advertise his babysitting services!

This will never happen though as at the end of the day, the only thing important is the huge profits for these multinational companies, who can afford to pay their way with as many back-handers as they need to corrupt and greedy officials across the globe.

It's all a sad state of affairs really "

I loathe these companies. Their pernicious effect cannot be overstated.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Fat is not living tissue! I think you need to google lol"

It is. You can grow new fat cells but you cannot lose them, they just shrink as the body uses their energy stores.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fat is not living tissue! I think you need to google lol"

I didn't mean that it literally transforms from fat to muscle but the fat burns off and muscle builds

Reply privately

over a year ago

Im a size 16 and i have my wobbly bits and range sometimes from a 14/16 depends on the weather and how much exercise i do...always tend to be slimmer in summer.

I was a size 8 as a teen and young adult till i had children and i look back now and would rather be a 16...i looked so skinny it was awful.

I think people assume if you are larger you don't exercise and eat junk food all the time...I exercise loads and limit the junk i eat and am in good health,never had any health problems due to my size,and its never stopped me doing anything.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fat is not living tissue! I think you need to google lol

It is. You can grow new fat cells but you cannot lose them, they just shrink as the body uses their energy stores. "

You are so very wrong!

Fat will not turn to muscle period! You grow new cells within the muscle, that is done through protein synthesis and has nothing to do with fat tissue. And also about muscle weighing mor than fat.

5 lbs. of fat is much bulkier than the 5 lbs. of muscle, but five pounds is still five pounds. Muscle does not weigh more than fat.

Fat is bulky and lumpy so if you carry an extra five pounds of fat, you'll be lumpier than with five pounds more muscle. A five pound pile of fat will take up more space (volume) than a five pound pile of muscle; but five pounds is still five pounds, so for those of you that don't "get" English, you cannot say one thing weighing a certain weight weighs more than another thing at that same weight. It's a common joke to play on an 8-year old. The correct way to state the muscle weighs more than fat scenario is, "Muscle is heavier by volume than fat."

A woman weighing 150 pounds with 19% fat will look much smaller (and be much healthier) than a woman at 150 pounds with 35% fat. They weigh the same, yet the composition is different. Because muscle is more dense than fat the person with less fat and more muscle will look smaller.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

I never said it turned into muscle, just that fat is a living tissue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Skinny can be just as bad as fat .. normal is ok but whats normal for one is not a other person. Its really what your happy yourself with as its your body.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Turning into a science lesson this thread lol

I don't really care what size people are as long as they are happy then good on them.

I would like to be healthier and I try and give my kids a healthy lifestyle

I know its monday people but is there any need for everyone to be so cranky lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I never said it turned into muscle, just that fat is a living tissue. "

No it is not fat is a living compound as in the cell life but is only any use for energy when broken down correctly! I am a pro bodbuilder and make my living from bodybuilding I do seminars and Q & A on the subject!

I will say again size 16 is fat in the AVERAGE person!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well apart from the exceptions of amazonian height and/or mammoth breasted women, size 16, although not exactly huge, is still not a natural size for the human body to be lumping around.

"

I had to look pernicious up but I agree

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The OP does seem to have a fixation with size/diet etc.

So many of their posts are on these subjects, almost looks like carefully worded digs at people bigger than themselves....

Silly old cynical me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh dear

Did someone mention the F word?

I believe one of the reasons women are larger these days is due to contraceptive hormones.

Before I went on the pill I was titless size zero and straight up straight down.

then my hips and boobs grew so quickly I had was kept awake at night with the pain.

Despite the fact that I eat a very healthy diet I have to work hard to keep my size 10 waist( the most important indicator imho)

If I don't take the pill I can easily keep a low weight by diet alone.

let us also not forget we no longer suffer from the disease and parasites our parents and grandparents fell prey to.

Minky

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had to look pernicious up but I agree "

Anyway off to the office now! That to me is the gym by the way! Ps all of my posts were by me J not my wife M

I will get a clip around the ear if she finds out I have been posting!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Turning into a science lesson this thread lol

I don't really care what size people are as long as they are happy then good on them.

I know its monday people but is there any need for everyone to be so cranky lol"

slim people alot post on size here i find in forums .. 16 size is not big if over 5ft 8 your just curvy maybe 5.0ft size 16 look bigger but as long as your ok and feel happy its just fine as curvy ROCKS. A Lot of the iconic woman LIZ Taylor.. in her younger days. Marilyn Monroe. Raquel welsh my list could go on and on. And that was years ago and still alot of the sexy woman are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i think these size threads are posted onhere often because this place is predominantly bigger birds

its not rocket science

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i think these size threads are posted onhere often because this place is predominantly bigger birds

its not rocket science"

yes but 9/10 slimmer posting a size thread . Or a man posting as feel cant even pull a bigger lady .

Reply privately

over a year ago

its a big subject around here

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was about to say the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know its monday people but is there any need for everyone to be so cranky lolslim people alot post on size here i find in forums .. 16 size is not big if over 5ft 8 your just curvy maybe 5.0ft size 16 look bigger but as long as your ok and feel happy its just fine as curvy ROCKS. A Lot of the iconic woman LIZ Taylor.. in her younger days. Marilyn Monroe. Raquel welsh my list could go on and on. And that was years ago and still alot of the sexy woman are."

Actually Marilyn Monroe WASNT a size 16 by today's standard and that goes for the other women mentioned, she had a 35-22-35 figure according to her dressmaker which probably makes her a size 12.

Just saying!!

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I do wonder if people think that larger ladies should not have sex or what ever i just don't get the constant need for threads regarding peoples size....if larger ladies are not your thing go to the next profile...i am sure there are enough men to go around...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Skinny can be just as bad as fat .. normal is ok but whats normal for one is not a other person. Its really what your happy yourself with as its your body."
absolutely spot on!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol...no she wasn't, more like an 8-10 at the waist...;-)

I think the problem with folk today is that they refuse to accecpt personal responsibility for their own bad choices and laziness..people are not fat because of fast food or because the quality of food is poor, they are fat because they choose to ram that shit into their faces every day rather than cook their own healthy food!

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

The fact that some people may be bigger is an irrelevance. If they look/feel/are seen as sexy who cares about other people's opinions?

What is more relevant is health. I got to size 18. My bp was off the chart. So much so that my GP said she had never seen a reading so high in someone who hadn't had a major stroke. I was getting bouts of vertigo which can be stroke warnings, I was breathless, the arthritis in my knees was unbearable, I was stressed and exhausted. I decided then and there things needed to change especially when told my bmi showed I was obese.

A total change in lifestyle - not a diet - had a huge impact. Out went the processed food. Zumba twice a week. Result? Three dress sizes lower, less joint pain, no breathlessness, lots more energy and so much happier.

No I am not lean and toned but that's not what it was about. I am much healthier though and no longer classed as obese.

Reply privately

over a year ago

J"

Depends if it's toned or not. When I danced I had to wear size 16 jeans to fit my hips and thighs in. Yet I danced for some 8 hours a day. And not a wobbly bit in sight

To be honest I wouldn't ever think a 14 -16 was fat. But that's because I know I few stunning ladies on here that are.

But I think that getting so focused on food can make you so much worse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/02/13 10:08:32]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bacon sandwich anyone?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bacon sandwich anyone? "

Yes please with Daddies Brown sauce yummmmy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The fact that some people may be bigger is an irrelevance. If they look/feel/are seen as sexy who cares about other people's opinions?

What is more relevant is health. I got to size 18. My bp was off the chart. So much so that my GP said she had never seen a reading so high in someone who hadn't had a major stroke. I was getting bouts of vertigo which can be stroke warnings, I was breathless, the arthritis in my knees was unbearable, I was stressed and exhausted. I decided then and there things needed to change especially when told my bmi showed I was obese.

A total change in lifestyle - not a diet - had a huge impact. Out went the processed food. Zumba twice a week. Result? Three dress sizes lower, less joint pain, no breathlessness, lots more energy and so much happier.

No I am not lean and toned but that's not what it was about. I am much healthier though and no longer classed as obese."

Which is an excellent example of my bringing up the strain on the health service. Good on you for taking action to address this but how many countless others get in the same boat and do absolutely nothing about it?

Health deteriorates, more medication required, more hospital treatment required etc. then multiply this by how many thousands like this there are out there.

It's not cheap and it's all coming out of everybody else's pockets too. Money that could be far better spent than caring for self induced illnesses, brought on through poor diet choice and laziness.

Reply privately

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Richer diets with more fat and carbs.

People living longer and much better chronic disease management, including new stenting technology to help those with heart problems.

More sedentary lifestyles meaning less physical activity.

These 3 simple factors means "average" waistlines are expanding.

As for is 16 fat or not I haven't met a size 16 girl who couldn't stand to lose a few pounds if she was honest about it, but I/we can find girls of any size attractive, attractiveness does not always go hand in hand with having the dimensions of a small boy or a rake, no matter what the fashion mags or media want you to believe.

I would say Kate Upton is almost the "perfect" woman and she has curves and a figure and breaks away from the size 0 eats 2 carrots a day figure of attractiveness we are all forced into believing is attractive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Go on then

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes please. brown bread, brown sauce. Oh and can you trim the fat off please?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know its monday people but is there any need for everyone to be so cranky lolslim people alot post on size here i find in forums .. 16 size is not big if over 5ft 8 your just curvy maybe 5.0ft size 16 look bigger but as long as your ok and feel happy its just fine as curvy ROCKS. A Lot of the iconic woman LIZ Taylor.. in her younger days. Marilyn Monroe. Raquel welsh my list could go on and on. And that was years ago and still alot of the sexy woman are.

Actually Marilyn Monroe WASNT a size 16 by today's standard and that goes for the other women mentioned, she had a 35-22-35 figure according to her dressmaker which probably makes her a size 12.

Just saying!! "

In here time she was up and down like most woman And bigger then a 12....... she was my Dads pin up in the army he loved her ... and i still have her pics ... and some she is slimmer and some bigger she is a woman after all ... we go up and down,

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"The fact that some people may be bigger is an irrelevance. If they look/feel/are seen as sexy who cares about other people's opinions?

No I am not lean and toned but that's not what it was about. I am much healthier though and no longer classed as obese.

Which is an excellent example of my bringing up the strain on the health service. Good on you for taking action to address this but how many countless others get in the same boat and do absolutely nothing about it?

Health deteriorates, more medication required, more hospital treatment required etc. then multiply this by how many thousands like this there are out there.

It's not cheap and it's all coming out of everybody else's pockets too. Money that could be far better spent than caring for self induced illnesses, brought on through poor diet choice and laziness.

"

In my case it was not laziness. I was working full time but also caring for my mother who had MS. I knackered my back lifting her constantly onto the stairlift. I just had no time or energy to do anything about it. When she died I continued in the same lifestyle however. Other things were on my mind like grieving. But when the GP gave me the stroke warning I knew I could not do that to my daughter. She would have ended up as my carer as I had been for my mother - though, in her case she had no option.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its a big subject around here "
sure is where the skinny posts ? about woman vomiting to keep slim and there teeth coming out from all that ... ? you don't see alot about to thin do you now ? some it tablets all sorts. Yes can get normal very skinny people but you get the other side too ... people whos lives taken over from being skinny.

Reply privately

over a year ago

there are extremes on both ends and its sad because it can be as much psychological as physical

think these threads are more about the bigger ladies vs the avg built ones. so many pros onhere start with if ur into stick insects im not for you

i think theres friction on both sides. you dont see many threads on slim women but you see enough posts from bbws in threads and stuff showing the same kinda behavior

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its a big subject around here sure is where the skinny posts ? about woman vomiting to keep slim and there teeth coming out from all that ... ? you don't see alot about to thin do you now ? some it tablets all sorts. Yes can get normal very skinny people but you get the other side too ... people whos lives taken over from being skinny."

But the skinny folk are most definately not an increasing problem...the amount of money spent on caring for fat folk, and paying them to sit at home and feed their face because some are NOW unable to work....its a strain on ALL of us!!

And to be fair the point wasn't to bitch about fat people it was more about views on the now unhealthy "average size"!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its a big subject around here sure is where the skinny posts ? about woman vomiting to keep slim and there teeth coming out from all that ... ? you don't see alot about to thin do you now ? some it tablets all sorts. Yes can get normal very skinny people but you get the other side too ... people whos lives taken over from being skinny.

But the skinny folk are most definately not an increasing problem...the amount of money spent on caring for fat folk, and paying them to sit at home and feed their face because some are NOW unable to work....its a strain on ALL of us!!

And to be fair the point wasn't to bitch about fat people it was more about views on the now unhealthy "average size"! "

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

I think we need to concentrate more on being 'healthist' rather than sizeist.

And if you have to resort to personal insults you have just lost your argument.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its a big subject around here sure is where the skinny posts ? about woman vomiting to keep slim and there teeth coming out from all that ... ? you don't see alot about to thin do you now ? some it tablets all sorts. Yes can get normal very skinny people but you get the other side too ... people whos lives taken over from being skinny.

And to be fair the point wasn't to bitch about fat people it was more about views on the now unhealthy "average size"! "

myself i dont think 16 size is Big ... but have been a 16 and never looked big as tall i almost 5.9 ... My size is now 12/14 but it go up and down.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Too many calories in along with too few calories out - increasingly sedentary liestyles and along with too much unnecessary eating.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"I think we need to concentrate more on being 'healthist' rather than sizeist.

And if you have to resort to personal insults you have just lost your argument."

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is very easy to blame the food industry and society and video games for today's obesity crisis (yes it is a crisis) but the truth is individuals make choices about what they eat and how they live.

Eat less and move more! You'll feel better, live longer and cost less to the NHS... Oh and you'll look better as well!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Eating disorders are big for both Fat and skinny and in our young its a growing thing . Sad but true ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

And if you have to resort to personal insults you have just lost your argument."

true xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Honestly tho 16 isnt fat it can be but the average height now must be 5.5 easy so they will be podgy or big boobs because the boobs size is much bigger than 20 years ago to my auntie is a 16 a d my mam but both and what id call normal not toned but just normal

Reply privately

over a year ago

And to be fair the point wasn't to bitch about fat people it was more about views on the now unhealthy "average size"! myself i dont think 16 size is Big ... but have been a 16 and never looked big as tall i almost 5.9 ... My size is now 12/14 but it go up and down."

What exactly is the OP trying to say? Size 16 is average, yes, and so what? Until the 1950s a good two thirds of the population were struggling to eat enough, so the alleged normality of the size 8 lady, and slim man was just a moment in time.

The rel issue is obesity and bodyfat percentages for height. I am a size 14 and 5ft 3, and am likely fatter than a size 16 lady who is taller, but I have zero health issues, am active and healthy. My husband weighs 22 stone, but competes as a strongman and powerlifter, and is much much fitter than most men half his size.

A better post would be BBW, why are they so proud. x

Reply privately

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

You know its odd but there is almost an obsession on fab with

How people look

what people do on the site

who people choose to meet

and how "big" or "small" people are.

I mean whats a topic like this going to do ? make a size 16 person immediately diet ?

The health argument is interesting I assume those of you making it are all adonis like who dont drink, smoke or partake in casual sex ? all of which will carry a similar risk to being a chub to long term health.

I might be old fashioned but as long as people arent directly harming me with their lifestyle choices and they are happy then im happy to let them get on with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And to be fair the point wasn't to bitch about fat people it was more about views on the now unhealthy

average size"! "

Hmm best you not get into that one being as it says smoker on your profile

M

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And to be fair the point wasn't to bitch about fat people it was more about views on the now unhealthy

average size"!

M"

Hehe.... good point!!

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"It is very easy to blame the food industry and society and video games for today's obesity crisis (yes it is a crisis) but the truth is individuals make choices about what they eat and how they live.

Eat less and move more! You'll feel better, live longer and cost less to the NHS... Oh and you'll look better as well! "

But that assumes that their choices are informed choices. Not everyone is informed for a variety of reasons.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

average size"!

M"

Absolutely, women smoking themselves thin and then moaning about 'fat people', lol.

Reply privately

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

M"

Bingo, this is where any of these stupid arguments fall down on these forums the second people take accountability for their own lifestyle and choices.

Oh you may be skinny but your 20 a day habit is going to "cost" us just the same if not a lot more than the size 16 girl in the long run I'm fairly sure.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

M

Bingo, this is where any of these stupid arguments fall down on these forums the second people take accountability for their own lifestyle and choices.

Oh you may be skinny but your 20 a day habit is going to "cost" us just the same if not a lot more than the size 16 girl in the long run I'm fairly sure.

"

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"It is very easy to blame the food industry and society and video games for today's obesity crisis (yes it is a crisis) but the truth is individuals make choices about what they eat and how they live.

Eat less and move more! You'll feel better, live longer and cost less to the NHS... Oh and you'll look better as well! "

in your eyes they will look better don't forget we are all born with different eyes so often can see things differently...

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

That's not entirely true, there was a news report a couple of months ago that said due to increased media pressure to be size zero that the increase in eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia are increasing at a massive rate. People are being hospitalised and hooked up to drips to keep them alive as their bodies are shutting down. So both ends of the spectrum can 'put a drain on the NHS' as someone said.

But I agree this post wasn't meant to descend into the usual fat bashing, it was asking WHY the average size is higher than it was x

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"I never said it turned into muscle, just that fat is a living tissue.

No it is not fat is a living compound as in the cell life but is only any use for energy when broken down correctly! I am a pro bodbuilder and make my living from bodybuilding I do seminars and Q & A on the subject!

I will say again size 16 is fat in! the AVERAGE person!"

So it is living then

And would you agree that once a person has fat cells they cannot get rid of them, just deplete them of their stores?

Please don't assume that just because I am fat I know nothing. I know a lot of theory behind weight loss I just don't out it into practice often and that's my choice.

Of course it's not Rocket science to lose weight but it is hard. Especially when you have contraindicative issues too such as pcos which makes you lay down more brown abdominal fat which is known to be harder to shift than fat that lies under the skin, as I said before my Dr told me that For me to lose weight I almost have to get an eating disorder. I dnot want to have that, another poster has already said being like that affected their mental health.

Let's just all live and let live.

Reply privately

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

But I agree this post wasn't meant to descend into the usual fat bashing, it was asking WHY the average size is higher than it was x "

Its obvious why though

more saturated fat/richer foods/higher carb foods easily available and cheaper.

Better Chronic disease management and prospects for those with chronic disease.

People living longer due to the above.

= average size going up.

These topics are always duplicitous in nature though hence why the rapidly descend into bashing of one group or another.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And to be fair the point wasn't to bitch about fat people it was more about views on the now unhealthy "average size"!

That's not entirely true, there was a news report a couple of months ago that said due to increased media pressure to be size zero that the increase in eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia are increasing at a massive rate. People are being hospitalised and hooked up to drips to keep them alive as their bodies are shutting down. So both ends of the spectrum can 'put a drain on the NHS' as someone said.

But I agree this post wasn't meant to descend into the usual fat bashing, it was asking WHY the average size is higher than it was x "

And yes eating disorders and very Big thing people wishing to be zero .. and doing alsorts to themselfs , I was thinking 16 was a normal everyday size ... just normal , And i know hight and things come in to this.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

Freelove was actually commenting on my size 16cm winkle. She she was referring to them being even smaller than that in her day

Doyou all feel a bit silly now with all these arguments? smile it's Monday morning xx

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont usually comment on these threads anymore, but anyone who thinks size 16 is big needs to have their eyes tested. Its a good healthy size, carrying a bit of weight.

When will people stop commenting on other peoples weight and sizes, why do other people have such a fixation about what someone else looks like.

Ive gained a bit of weight which im not happy about. But im happy in my own skin, im happy that the guys i know like me for me otherwise they wouldnt keep coming back, i have a wonderful man and wonderful friends and i certainly dont spend my time thinking about other peoples sizes and weight.

Nice hair, nice face and clothes that suit your bodyshape is what is important

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think men esspecially have no clue about womens clothing size, some seem to think anything above size 12 is huge. Womens bodies aren't straight up and down like theirs women have hips and breasts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes people are getting bigger.......also the average height is more than used to be also shoe size, and while that's no excuse for being over weight, the average dress size must also be bigger too.........

"

You say that as though the change in dress size. Wrong, the change in the average persons weight (male or female) is only slite like that of shoe and height! It isn't. The bottom line is people are getting lazy. I'll probably get abuse for saying that but it's a fact!

People are eating more and doing less = obesity

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

M

"

That all depends on the way you look at it. Smoking and drinking costs a fortune in taxes so you could argue that smokers and drinkers have paid for their care up front. You can't really say that for the burger brigade, washing it down with their high sugar, tax avoiding Starbucks can you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

bodyshape is more important

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But I agree this post wasn't meant to descend into the usual fat bashing, it was asking WHY the average size is higher than it was x

Its obvious why though

more saturated fat/richer foods/higher carb foods easily available and cheaper.

Better Chronic disease management and prospects for those with chronic disease.

People living longer due to the above.

= average size going up.

These topics are always duplicitous in nature though hence why the rapidly descend into bashing of one group or another. "

You add some valid reasons to why the average size has gone up but you miss out the main problem. People are getting lazy.

You can eat as much of those things if you like and still stay slim as long as you're living an active life style. Yes your artery's would be shot to shit from all the saturated fat.

A lot of people go to work and sit at a desk all day. They then drive home and sit in front of the tv all night. If they need something they drive to the shop......... I'm sure you can see the patern arrising.

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

I will say again size 16 is fat in! the AVERAGE person!

So it is living then

And would you agree that once a person has fat cells they cannot get rid of them, just deplete them of their stores?

Please don't assume that just because I am fat I know nothing. I know a lot of theory behind weight loss I just don't out it into practice often and that's my choice.

Of course it's not Rocket science to lose weight but it is hard. Especially when you have contraindicative issues too such as pcos which makes you lay down more brown abdominal fat which is known to be harder to shift than fat that lies under the skin, as I said before my Dr told me that For me to lose weight I almost have to get an eating disorder. I dnot want to have that, another poster has already said being like that affected their mental health.

Let's just all live and let live."

And quite right too, we are adults and make our own choices. However the real concern of course is our children, many become obese not through choice, but as a result of diets that we as adults either encourage, or allow to be encouraged.

For them it might not be a question of live and let live, but will they survive to outlive their parents

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry but i don't blindly believe ANYTHING that comes from government stats...I reserch my own info..

Underweight folk simply don't waste as much as overweight folk... And you don't see that many skinny chicks draggin their drips to the Job Center while they sign on sick!

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I dont usually comment on these threads anymore, but anyone who thinks size 16 is big needs to have their eyes tested. Its a good healthy size, carrying a bit of weight.

When will people stop commenting on other peoples weight and sizes, why do other people have such a fixation about what someone else looks like.

Ive gained a bit of weight which im not happy about. But im happy in my own skin, im happy that the guys i know like me for me otherwise they wouldnt keep coming back, i have a wonderful man and wonderful friends and i certainly dont spend my time thinking about other peoples sizes and weight.

Nice hair, nice face and clothes that suit your bodyshape is what is important"

The OP is always on about other peoples sizes, you only have to check out the threads they start and have posted on...it's all getting a little bit troll like.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I will say again size 16 is fat in! the AVERAGE person!

So it is living then

Let's just all live and let live."

Fat, cells support the formation of blood, and fibrous connective tissue Bones an cartilage,

So yes they are living, as are all cells within the body. But fat cells or otherwise cannot be changed in to muscle or vise versa it is impossible like turning lead onto gold. Now if you know how to do that can i have the formula ? please big hug and everything creep creep.

I agree some people have weight issues due to ill health and I never try to judge anyone, and fully respect those that also find it hard to lose weight.

At the end of the day for most people it is always Calories in and calories out.

Obesity is now at 60% according to the news today, everyone blames the food industry but its people that make the choice what they eat and drink, add to this inactivity and the sizes will increase.

J

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Can you point out where I stated that fat can be turned into muscle because all your replies insinuate that I have said this when I didn't

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Can you point out where I stated that fat can be turned into muscle because all your replies insinuate that I have said this when I didn't "

Drags you out of here and plonks you at the side of me on the Couch .. you said you wouldn't

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Can you point out where I stated that fat can be turned into muscle because all your replies insinuate that I have said this when I didn't "

Its is not directed at you it is for the people who might think that, it was posted by some earlier on so I am sorry if it sounded like it was meant at you personally ! No offence intended and didn't mean to put words in your mouth!

Reply privately

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Easy. Much more sedentary lifestyles, junk food on tap,lack of education in schools in healthy eating, lack of physical education being taught in schools with academic classes being favoured, video games meaning kids don't go out anymore, increased paranoia about kids safety outside the home

It's sad because it has another effect of kids being too sheltered. No more being outdoors exploring etc and using their imaginations. Cooped up indoors waiting for someone/ something to entertain them. "

That's the saddest thing of all. The six weeks holiday adventures are probably on a minimum now

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well said,what a lot of very vain folk around these days."

That's very true marylin Monroe was a size 16 and lot of men then and now loved her figure

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Well said,what a lot of very vain folk around these days.

That's very true marylin Monroe was a size 16 and lot of men then and now loved her figure "

She wasn't though. At most she was a size 14.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My best friend is extremely ill in hospital at the moment with anorexia. I would much rather be size 16 (which I am) than the size she is.. Without a doubt I could do with dropping a dress size or two but wouldn't want to go much more.. Therefor I wouldn't consider 16 to be a massive size. If I was size 26 might be a different story. They someone tht size might LOVE to be a size 16.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Freelove was actually commenting on my size 16cm winkle. She she was referring to them being even smaller than that in her day

Doyou all feel a bit silly now with all these arguments? smile it's Monday morning xx"

Not really as you're a liar.. this was your first post and op agreed with you!

"I think the op means.

why are people fatter today than they were say 20 years ago".

So are you and OP starting threads for a reaction??

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I was just thinking, whether MM was a size 14 or 16 is irrelevant really ...

Imagine a society where 99% of women looked like MM and only 1% looked like say Dawn French. Who would be sought after? Equally if 99% of women looked like Keira Knightley and 1% looked like SIgourney Weaver (The names can be replaced ad lib)... who would be sought after?

My point is that it is great to have diversity from being slim to being curvey and even large... so there is something for everybody to be pleased with. Lets give slim , average sized and bigger people a break... live and let live! Its an individual choice, isnt it?

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"I was just thinking, whether MM was a size 14 or 16 is irrelevant really ...

Imagine a society where 99% of women looked like MM and only 1% looked like say Dawn French. Who would be sought after? Equally if 99% of women looked like Keira Knightley and 1% looked like SIgourney Weaver (The names can be replaced ad lib)... who would be sought after?

My point is that it is great to have diversity from being slim to being curvey and even large... so there is something for everybody to be pleased with. Lets give slim , average sized and bigger people a break... live and let live! Its an individual choice, isnt it? "

Do obese children have that choice?

Reply privately

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

The OP is always on about other peoples sizes, you only have to check out the threads they start and have posted on...it's all getting a little bit troll like.

"

I'm glad you're not the only person to notice this its a running theme with the op that their postings on this forum are often about body size or shape and just how unattractive they find anything with a scrap of fat on it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know its monday people but is there any need for everyone to be so cranky lolslim people alot post on size here i find in forums .. 16 size is not big if over 5ft 8 your just curvy maybe 5.0ft size 16 look bigger but as long as your ok and feel happy its just fine as curvy ROCKS. A Lot of the iconic woman LIZ Taylor.. in her younger days. Marilyn Monroe. Raquel welsh my list could go on and on. And that was years ago and still alot of the sexy woman are."

I agree i am 5ft 11 and i had the body of a teenage boy before i got my curves

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

My point is that it is great to have diversity from being slim to being curvey and even large... so there is something for everybody to be pleased with. Lets give slim , average sized and bigger people a break... live and let live! Its an individual choice, isnt it?

Do obese children have that choice?"

No, of course not and I would see that as a different topic of (serious)concern. Speaking as a parent I felt it my responsibility to make sure mine had a healthy diet and did plenty of exercise. I recognise this must be more difficult though when parents themselves struggle with their weight.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do obese children have that choice?No, of course not and I would see that as a different topic of (serious)concern. Speaking as a parent I felt it my responsibility to make sure mine had a healthy diet and did plenty of exercise. I recognise this must be more difficult though when parents themselves struggle with their weight."

As I said before I struggle with my weight but that just makes me more determined that my kids will not have the same issues I do now.

My parents fed me healthy food and even now they are both still very healthy. I just made bad choices after leaving home which resulted in me being overweight.

I believe as a parent that you are responsible for giving your kids healthy food and if you wish to stuff yourself full of crap then at least make the effort to cook the kids seperate meals xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Got a bit off topic there but overall I think we should live and let live, happiness is the most important thing here and those who are truly happy in your own skin then more power to you!xx

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Do obese children have that choice?No, of course not and I would see that as a different topic of (serious)concern. Speaking as a parent I felt it my responsibility to make sure mine had a healthy diet and did plenty of exercise. I recognise this must be more difficult though when parents themselves struggle with their weight.

As I said before I struggle with my weight but that just makes me more determined that my kids will not have the same issues I do now.

My parents fed me healthy food and even now they are both still very healthy. I just made bad choices after leaving home which resulted in me being overweight.

I believe as a parent that you are responsible for giving your kids healthy food and if you wish to stuff yourself full of crap then at least make the effort to cook the kids seperate meals xx"

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Got a bit off topic there but overall I think we should live and let live, happiness is the most important thing here and those who are truly happy in your own skin then more power to you!xx"
Gets my vote

Reply privately

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Being "normal" is over-rated. Learn to live and love who you are, whether you are a size 6 or a size 26!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Being "normal" is over-rated. Learn to live and love who you are, whether you are a size 6 or a size 26!!"

My titty area is now a size 16 ..... am more fekkin normal than you will ever be ne ne ne neeee nee

Reply privately

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Being "normal" is over-rated. Learn to live and love who you are, whether you are a size 6 or a size 26!!

My titty area is now a size 16 ..... am more fekkin normal than you will ever be ne ne ne neeee nee "

up yours sideways with an oversized marrow, ya loopy bint!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

This maybe controversial, but obesity is a killer, we are raising a whole generation that will be susceptible to diabetes and all manner of ailments due to being overweight. It is why there is a report that has been published in the past couple of days setting out the ticking time bomb.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

up yours sideways with an oversized marrow, ya loopy bint!!!! "

Perve! ........ or am I detecting a bit of a turn in the air?

Reply privately

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"

up yours sideways with an oversized marrow, ya loopy bint!!!!

Perve! ........ or am I detecting a bit of a turn in the air? "

In your dreams sweetheart!!

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"This maybe controversial, but obesity is a killer, we are raising a whole generation that will be susceptible to diabetes and all manner of ailments due to being overweight. It is why there is a report that has been published in the past couple of days setting out the ticking time bomb."

I don't think to be honest that people on here need to reminded of that fact, it's like all the 'public information' threads on here posted about STD's and Safe Sex.

People don't need to be spoon fed and treated like children by others who feel they hold the higher moral and physical ground.....

Patronising posts simply make the person who posted them appear aloof and condescending...

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

Do obese children have that choice?No, of course not and I would see that as a different topic of (serious)concern. Speaking as a parent I felt it my responsibility to make sure mine had a healthy diet and did plenty of exercise. I recognise this must be more difficult though when parents themselves struggle with their weight."

The trouble is it's not intrinsically a different problem. I'm sure you are aware of the stats indicating a rapidly increasing growth in childhood obesity in the UK. A health problem that is of a whole different order posed by Anorexia, and yet we recognise the role played by adverts, and peer pressure in it's growth.

If obesity is seen to be a life choice, diverse,to be celebrated and then how are we to address the problem of childhood obesity ?

It's a massively complicated social issue, without simple solutions and certainly there is no purpose served by demonising it. Any kind of state legislation would in reality be unworkable, but there is no doubt society has a problem that at the very least we all need to be honest about it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This maybe controversial, but obesity is a killer, we are raising a whole generation that will be susceptible to diabetes and all manner of ailments due to being overweight. It is why there is a report that has been published in the past couple of days setting out the ticking time bomb.

I don't think to be honest that people on here need to reminded of that fact, it's like all the 'public information' threads on here posted about STD's and Safe Sex.

People don't need to be spoon fed and treated like children by others who feel they hold the higher moral and physical ground.....

Patronising posts simply make the person who posted them appear aloof and condescending..."

I don't think from a number of posts on this thread that people are aware of the risks. If it were a thread on bareback and people were saying live and let live you would jump up and down all over them. It is a killer in the same way as STDs etc and I think it is irresponsible for people to be saying it is ok. If it is viewed as patronising to make that point then so be it, it is becoming one of the single largest killers and costs to the NHS and it bugs me to see it being dismissed as a bit of a laugh.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Now you do come across as truly condescending.....you don't think that people on these threads are aware of the risks of being overweight and not practising safe sex?

Really?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This maybe controversial, but obesity is a killer, we are raising a whole generation that will be susceptible to diabetes and all manner of ailments due to being overweight. It is why there is a report that has been published in the past couple of days setting out the ticking time bomb.

Patronising posts simply make the person who posted them appear aloof and condescending...

I don't think from a number of posts on this thread that people are aware of the risks. If it were a thread on bareback and people were saying live and let live you would jump up and down all over them. It is a killer in the same way as STDs etc and I think it is irresponsible for people to be saying it is ok. If it is viewed as patronising to make that point then so be it, it is becoming one of the single largest killers and costs to the NHS and it bugs me to see it being dismissed as a bit of a laugh."

Well said, it constantly amazes me how so many people are just so accepting of the problem. It's this apathy that is the most worrying thing about it.

If people think I'm a prick for anything I've posted on here, then so be it but if just one person sits up and takes note about what some of have tried to highlight, rather than taking it as personal digs, then it has done far more good than all of the "We are what we are and happy in our skin" bollocks posts put together!

Reply privately

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

I don't think from a number of posts on this thread that people are aware of the risks. If it were a thread on bareback and people were saying live and let live you would jump up and down all over them. It is a killer in the same way as STDs etc and I think it is irresponsible for people to be saying it is ok. If it is viewed as patronising to make that point then so be it, it is becoming one of the single largest killers and costs to the NHS and it bugs me to see it being dismissed as a bit of a laugh."

Not seeing the posts and threads about those that smoke, alcohol abuse or drug abuse ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do obese children have that choice?No, of course not and I would see that as a different topic of (serious)concern. Speaking as a parent I felt it my responsibility to make sure mine had a healthy diet and did plenty of exercise. I recognise this must be more difficult though when parents themselves struggle with their weight.

The trouble is it's not intrinsically a different problem. I'm sure you are aware of the stats indicating a rapidly increasing growth in childhood obesity in the UK. A health problem that is of a whole different order posed by Anorexia, and yet we recognise the role played by adverts, and peer pressure in it's growth.

If obesity is seen to be a life choice, diverse,to be celebrated and then how are we to address the problem of childhood obesity ?

It's a massively complicated social issue, without simple solutions and certainly there is no purpose served by demonising it. Any kind of state legislation would in reality be unworkable, but there is no doubt society has a problem that at the very least we all need to be honest about it. "

Well said. The partner of my friend who embarked on a weight loss regime last year - he was morbidly obese - told him 'don't worry darling, I'll love you no matter what.' When he pointed out it would be difficult to live him when he was lying on a mortuary slab, which is where he was surely headed, she had a head fit.

Its not about demonising as has been suggested earlier in this thread. It's about waking up before its too late to this killer.

And I'm speaking as a former fat git!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Now you do come across as truly condescending.....you don't think that people on these threads are aware of the risks of being overweight and not practising safe sex?

Really?

"

Exactly, we are all adults here, we make our own choices and live or die by them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I don't think from a number of posts on this thread that people are aware of the risks. If it were a thread on bareback and people were saying live and let live you would jump up and down all over them. It is a killer in the same way as STDs etc and I think it is irresponsible for people to be saying it is ok. If it is viewed as patronising to make that point then so be it, it is becoming one of the single largest killers and costs to the NHS and it bugs me to see it being dismissed as a bit of a laugh.

Not seeing the posts and threads about those that smoke, alcohol abuse or drug abuse ?

"

Because this thread is not related closely to those things. I've not seen anyone mention a Ford Cortina either.

Reply privately

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

Because this thread is not related closely to those things. I've not seen anyone mention a Ford Cortina either. "

your missing the point as a few others who are quick to get on the high horse are.

Being obse or morbidly so is a potential health risk, but no more so than being an alcoholic, having a drug problem or SMOKING (which most of those on said horse are addicted too) or casual sex with strangers.

Yet because you can hide all the rest of the above it allows those who are probably in far worse shape medically to preach at those who cannot hide it.

That is in essence the issue and christ the thread is talking about size 16's which unless they are 4 foot 8 shouldn't even been included in the "obese" take action or your going to die group.

Reply privately

over a year ago

(Silk posting)

The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges has a 10 point plan to stop the trend of obesity spiraling out of control before it's too late and we have to take more drastic measures.

Now, if grown adults in the UK want to stuff their faces in junk food and fizzy drinks then fine, let them get on with it. We'll all have to pick up the cost to the NHS when sooner or later.

But let's give the children a better start in life than settling for them to be overweight at an early age when it can be avoided right now.

Reason why people are bigger these days? For the most part, doing less and eating more.

Simple as.

Don't want to see this country get to the level the USA is at.

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"(Silk posting)

The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges has a 10 point plan to stop the trend of obesity spiraling out of control before it's too late and we have to take more drastic measures.

Now, if grown adults in the UK want to stuff their faces in junk food and fizzy drinks then fine, let them get on with it. We'll all have to pick up the cost to the NHS when sooner or later.

But let's give the children a better start in life than settling for them to be overweight at an early age when it can be avoided right now.

Reason why people are bigger these days? For the most part, doing less and eating more.

Simple as.

Don't want to see this country get to the level the USA is at. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Because this thread is not related closely to those things. I've not seen anyone mention a Ford Cortina either.

your missing the point as a few others who are quick to get on the high horse are.

Being obse or morbidly so is a potential health risk, but no more so than being an alcoholic, having a drug problem or SMOKING (which most of those on said horse are addicted too) or casual sex with strangers.

Yet because you can hide all the rest of the above it allows those who are probably in far worse shape medically to preach at those who cannot hide it.

That is in essence the issue and christ the thread is talking about size 16's which unless they are 4 foot 8 shouldn't even been included in the "obese" take action or your going to die group.

"

Being in denial and trying to avert the topic isn't going to make it go away. If my memory serves me correctly, then the OP was about the average being size 16, which means that there are a hell of a lot of people above this.

As someone has rightly stated above, it's about being preemptive and not waiting until its too late, ergo in my opinion size 16 is quite a relevant line in the sand as, although I wouldn't consider this particularly large, once you get past this it becomes harder and harder to come back from.

Remember that all of the sizes much higher will have been size 16 at some point in their lives, it's purely a matter of when or if the problem is recognised and dealt with, or not.

I'm sure you find this condescending but surely thats better than accepting a shorter lifespan, type 2 diabetes, arthritis, bedsores and hernias etc., etc., etc. All at great expense to GP's budgets, hospital budgets etc.

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

some of you lot really like to argue and shit stir

Reply privately