Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Glasses

Jump to newest

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man
over a year ago

folkestone

Has anyone got the rimless glasses you can get from opticians?. Ive got to cut down on wearing contact lenses and im going to have to wear glasses more, but i hate wearing glasses, so im thinking about getting some rimless ones. Do they look ok when you have a fairly high prescription(-4.25 short sighted)?. Im worried they will look a bit thick with my prescription in them.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Has anyone got the rimless glasses you can get from opticians?. Ive got to cut down on wearing contact lenses and im going to have to wear glasses more, but i hate wearing glasses, so im thinking about getting some rimless ones. Do they look ok when you have a fairly high prescription(-4.25 short sighted)?. Im worried they will look a bit thick with my prescription in them. "

I know nothing about them, I'm partial to a bit of rimming myself

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

You can pay extra to have most prescriptions thinned down so they shouldnt look any different to other rimless ones.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Try some on. Z

over a year ago

"Has anyone got the rimless glasses you can get from opticians?. Ive got to cut down on wearing contact lenses and im going to have to wear glasses more, but i hate wearing glasses, so im thinking about getting some rimless ones. Do they look ok when you have a fairly high prescription(-4.25 short sighted)?. Im worried they will look a bit thick with my prescription in them. "

-4.25 - Fairly High ? You lucky bastard

I hate my bloody glasses and am hoping for a win on the lottery to go and get them lasered.

Contacts worn for anything social I get up to, but have to wear glasses for work - at a computer screen all day, and my contact lenses tend to get too dry

To get anything light weight enough I have to spend well over £200 GRRR

over a year ago

I have -3.25 and they do look a bit thick, I have heard you can go for lightweight one but not sure on those

over a year ago

You can get a plastic coating that disguises how thick they are

over a year ago

I just got rimless varifocals or is that bifocals!!!

I need fairly strong lenses as I have astigmatisms in both eyes

I love them as you don't look like you have glasses on.

Gill

over a year ago

I have -7 and have worn rimless with extra thin lenses. defo worth the extra cash

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Has anyone got the rimless glasses you can get from opticians?. Ive got to cut down on wearing contact lenses and im going to have to wear glasses more, but i hate wearing glasses, so im thinking about getting some rimless ones. Do they look ok when you have a fairly high prescription(-4.25 short sighted)?. Im worried they will look a bit thick with my prescription in them.

-4.25 - Fairly High ? You lucky bastard

I hate my bloody glasses and am hoping for a win on the lottery to go and get them lasered.

Contacts worn for anything social I get up to, but have to wear glasses for work - at a computer screen all day, and my contact lenses tend to get too dry

To get anything light weight enough I have to spend well over £200 GRRR"

Try asda.

It's around £100 for two pairs and if your prescription warrants it they make both pairs super thin for that price!

I'm extremely short sighted and was very surprised when I got mine as they were thinner than any other high st optician would go even for a supplement! Previously I had to buy from a lens lab to get that thin.

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

You are now allowed to take your prescriptions elsewhere. My friend tries on glasses to get an idea. He then looks on a website I think its called speccy 4 eyes then orders from there. He said they are so much cheaper.

over a year ago

Generally it's not recomended to have rimless glsses when you have thick lenses even if you have had them made thinner, they still look thicker than if you had frames. It's even worse if your eyes are very different prescritions.

Post new Message to Thread