Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

dating sites.....

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay.... question time...

Have any one you used a dating site to actually date?...... not just to get your leg over or use it as some psuedo swinging site.... but actually date with the purpose of finding a compatible someone??

if so.. how did it go?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Yes. Got a couple of mates out of it but no long lasting relationship.

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

Yes, and after meeting many 'no thank you ' types. I met my lovely man. 7 yrs ago. xxx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

yep..i met a couple of ex's on dating sites.

went well for a while but as they are ex's obviously not for long enough lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

no, but my friend joined the match site and half of this town apparently where on there lol, she did end up going on a couple of dates with a guy who was on there but already knew and they both said they where looking for the same thing so they may as well go out. Didnt last though

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes and found it a complete waste of my time so gave up.

over a year ago

Yes. Complete waste of time and money I've found x

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Yes and did not get one date.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

In the past, I have dipped toes into dating sites and found that the proportion of women to men is reverse compared to swing sites. single man is king and has his choices...

Personally met a few really nice blokes off there and still friends with them 10 years on.

Interesting about dating sites is the language people use to sell their profiles... you need to read between the lines a lot more!

over a year ago

Im on one, most of the men on there are also on here . . . .

over a year ago

Years ago, maybe 8 years ago. I had a couple of short term relationships out of it. One remains a good friend to this day. In fact I am going to visit him and his wife (purely on a plutonic basis) in Barbados in April.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Im on one, most of the men on there are also on here . . . . "
I experienced this, too ...was not on fabs at the time but on similar site...

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I have been sent one of these discount coupons for E-harmony (I don't know what they are trying to tell me!!!! oh my mates are telling me something!! lol) but have to say this is the first time I would be tempted into looking at it further.....

so its not like the freebie sites like pof.....

it would be almost like a commitment in itself... see this is where i am too way laid back for me own good......

over a year ago

yeah i joined pof in hope id find someone.. had a few dates but nothing serious. no one caught my eye

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Yes I have... I have had one long term relationship from it and a few starting seeing someone... I use fab to get my leg over and dating sites for dating...

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Yes I have... I have had one long term relationship from it and a few starting seeing someone... I use fab to get my leg over and dating sites for dating... "
Well done, girl

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I joined pof cause i wanted to go to one of there parties with a friend and you had to be a member, (and this is only from what i saw) biggest bunch of weirdo's ive ever come across in my life. All the women having a fag where just talking about doom and gloom and all there failed relationships and the guys where running around like sycophants after the women. Think we only stayed a couple of hours

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I have been sent one of these discount coupons for E-harmony (I don't know what they are trying to tell me!!!! oh my mates are telling me something!! lol) but have to say this is the first time I would be tempted into looking at it further.....

it would be almost like a commitment in itself... see this is where i am too way laid back for me own good......"

I did E-Harmony three years ago, just before doing this stuff instead. You'll have a lot of choice but I thought it was quite expensive for not a lot. Filling in their questionnaire is interesting but I certainly didn't see how my "matches" were determined as quite a lot of the men seemed to be looking for younger and child-bearing, when I am clearly not that.

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I have, had a couple of short relationships and a couple of nightmare experiences too. Made some good friends though, and still meet for a coffee with them every now and then.

over a year ago

"I have been sent one of these discount coupons for E-harmony (I don't know what they are trying to tell me!!!! oh my mates are telling me something!! lol) but have to say this is the first time I would be tempted into looking at it further.....

it would be almost like a commitment in itself... see this is where i am too way laid back for me own good......

I did E-Harmony three years ago, just before doing this stuff instead. You'll have a lot of choice but I thought it was quite expensive for not a lot. Filling in their questionnaire is interesting but I certainly didn't see how my "matches" were determined as quite a lot of the men seemed to be looking for younger and child-bearing, when I am clearly not that."

I completed that questionnaire, took me forever and then they told me "sorry, we dont have any matches"!

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I have yes. Bit hard to put it on your profile that I love to have sex in public with men and ladies and especially in clubs.

I find it wrong to not be honest straight away but feels wrong to get to know them and then drop the bombshell.

I managed to end up with a stalker from pof and met men that I just seemed to never to feel a connection with.

So no. They havent worked for me do not bothered now.

Fruit x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I am more likely to go into a relationship on here than a dating site... Why because this and faceache are the 2 sites I uses everyday...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I did E-Harmony three years ago, just before doing this stuff instead. You'll have a lot of choice but I thought it was quite expensive for not a lot. Filling in their questionnaire is interesting but I certainly didn't see how my "matches" were determined as quite a lot of the men seemed to be looking for younger and child-bearing, when I am clearly not that.

I completed that questionnaire, took me forever and then they told me "sorry, we dont have any matches"! "

How is that possible? What on earth did you say about yourself?

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I completed that questionnaire, took me forever and then they told me "sorry, we dont have any matches"!

How is that possible? What on earth did you say about yourself?"

She said she was a sex addict....

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I'm not interested in a relationship or dating. I only joined pof so I could get regular shags which I did get for a while. Got bored of the timewasters and married men on there pretending to be single - felt like 9 out of 10 were.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I'm not interested in a relationship or dating. I only joined pof so I could get regular shags which I did get for a while. Got bored of the timewasters and married men on there pretending to be single - felt like 9 out of 10 were."

I did pof on the recommendation of someone from here. It was interesting as lots were also on here and told me that they would not meet me because I am on here.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

i had one relationship that didnt work out from POF,but a guy i met on there pointed me in this direction,iv since noticed quite a few Guys off pof on here!!,funny though on POF they are wanting a long term relationship,on here they want NSA

By *allen MadonnaWoman
over a year ago

In my own little world

i initially joined a couple of dating sites. scary as hell, as at the time there were no chat rooms or testimonials. I used to go off on meets to then find out they were married and just wanting a shag.

I also got heavily targetted by scammers, which I could tell quickly. Luckily someone told me about swinging and not looked back.

over a year ago

I have used it to mainly look for a relationship/date...

But have found it easier at times to get the leg over...

Like you often say OP...

You get what you put in!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I do use dating *cough* sites, but it is just for nsa...... seeing as it seems most of the losers who can't get a shag there come on here, I'm working on the theory the decent totty are still on the other sites.

over a year ago

I answered truthfully, and from my experiences on dating sites, the men aren't very truthful. Sorry guys!

over a year ago

"I'm not interested in a relationship or dating. I only joined pof so I could get regular shags which I did get for a while. Got bored of the timewasters and married men on there pretending to be single - felt like 9 out of 10 were."

Yes, exactly my experience!

over a year ago

I promise you, that is the truth! I was like "what? Nobody in the whole of the UK is a match??" to say i was disheartened was an understatement!!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

How is that possible? What on earth did you say about yourself?

I promise you, that is the truth! I was like "what? Nobody in the whole of the UK is a match??" to say i was disheartened was an understatement!!"

I bet. I'm completely bonkers and they still send me messages with people that supposedly match what I am looking for. Ah, maybe that's why it didn't work for me.

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

Yes have had two nice relationships. But the last one was very tough going to her bipolar depression. Was upset over that one

over a year ago

Yes. Being on those sites turned me into a cynical, bitter old hag. Frickin nightmare.

over a year ago

Used loads of dating sites in the past and although the male female ratio was 10-1 I had fantastic success met some lovely people had a few relationships and holidays. I still keep in touch with a few to this day and one is on this site

I found there it was all about getting your personality across in the message

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

Pof is fine I think though a lot of peeps slag it off

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

Years ago I was chased by a guy on a dating site, which no longer exits, and we fairly quickly fell into a relationship lasting a year...ended because he didn't like sharing me with my children.

Then on a different dating site, which is also no longer around, I met a man who moved up from South Wales to live with me - that lasted 10 months before he announced that the wind blew in the wrong direction here (he flew power kites as a hobby) and I wasn't as important as his love of kites!

So sod it...FAB it became and FAB it will be, no more flaming dating silliness!!

over a year ago

Yes, and I did not get anywhere as I found they were full of dull and desperate people, and I have nothing in common with them.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Kate's sister met her hubby on a dating site. It was a bit of a shock for both of them as they'd been married for yonks

They got over it though

over a year ago

Yes we met on pof after my best friend told me about the site.....she had met her now husband on there too. I was on for a couple of years andhad plenty of funny dating stories from then with some very erm 'intesting' people, met some guys I am actually still friends with, met some absolute low lifes too but when I met the OH I just knew straight away that he was a great guy. We had an amazing first date, a weekend away for the second date by which time hed already taken his profile down and then asked me if id be his girlfriend. ...I said id think about it as I wanted to get to know him more and said yes a week later. We've been together 3 years now and as we've just spent a lovely wknd together and he's just left as due to circumstances we're living far away from each other I am feeling a little bit sad and wish he was still with me. Another 3 weeks till we see each other but we'll get through it and I think it just makes us really appreciate each other and know that times can be hard sometimes but if you love someone then it does just make the relationship stronger.

Anyway sorry gone a bit off topic just feeling a bit sad now hes gone x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

last date i had before i was with jay was a perfect date. not sure id know how to behave now

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I've been on a few sites and met some "nice" men. I've met some that need to revisit their doctors to have their meds adjusted...upwards. Some with "issues" that had me running faster than Usain Bolt with the trots, but most just looked old and were boring as fuck!

At some point I'd like a relationship but I doubt I'll find someone that likes to be tied up, taken with a strap on and pissed on on Match.com!

As for eHarmony...I lost the will to live filling in the questionnaire!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I've been on a few sites and met some "nice" men. I've met some that need to revisit their doctors to have their meds adjusted...upwards. Some with "issues" that had me running faster than Usain Bolt with the trots, but most just looked old and were boring as fuck!

At some point I'd like a relationship but I doubt I'll find someone that likes to be tied up, taken with a strap on and pissed on on Match.com!

As for eHarmony...I lost the will to live filling in the questionnaire! "

I am on Match and I am not sure how I am finding it... Most message I get on POF is to say they have seen me on here... I think it puts them off I don't know

over a year ago

Used them in the past

They were crap and the few women I eventually met turned out to be idiots, one of them who told me that the bloke she currently lived with was her brother when in fact he was her 'ex' boyfriend .... that's when I decided to knock the dating sites on the head

Post new Message to Thread