Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

SINGLE MEN

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was just wondering, what are single men to do? Seems as if no one wants to meet them. Single men, who do you meet up with people?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I want to meet single men but I am very choosy and unfortunately a lot of single guys (not all) just assume as a single female, you will meet anyone and everyone

over a year ago

We meet single men

over a year ago

Plenty of people meet single men. The biggest problem is finding the genuine reliable single guys amongst all the wannabes and time wasters.

True, single guys have to work harder to get meets due to our numbers, but its not an impossible dream...

over a year ago

Im fussy with women so i expect them to be fussy with men.

over a year ago

Plenty of single men get meets. Best way to get a meet is not to moan about not getting meets lol

over a year ago

"Plenty of people meet single men. The biggest problem is finding the genuine reliable single guys amongst all the wannabes and time wasters.

True, single guys have to work harder to get meets due to our numbers, but its not an impossible dream..."

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

I certainly meet with single men. Not many at the moment but that is due to my time/life constraints and my very definitive criteria.

The problem I find with many single men is that they simply do not check that they are what I'm looking for before bombarding me with messages/winks/invites!

over a year ago

I suggest the majority of meets that actually happen on here involve a single guy.

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

We meet single guys IF they're what we seek, like, etc.

Most do not read our profile, so they couldn't possibly know if they really want to meet us or not. Given that we settle the ambiguity with the delete button.

Otherwise we meet enthusiasm with enthusiasm etc. and see what happens for there.

over a year ago

"I suggest the majority of meets that actually happen on here involve a single guy. "

Majority? I think that it is more likely that the majority of meets involve couples.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I certainly meet with single men. Not many at the moment but that is due to my time/life constraints and my very definitive criteria.

The problem I find with many single men is that they simply do not check that they are what I'm looking for before bombarding me with messages/winks/invites!"

So it would appear.

over a year ago

We don't meet with Single Men but know plenty that do.

Meeting them is not out of the question it's just as someone says above the bombarding of friend request and winks gets tiresome. We do however get some good messages and we appreciate a sense of humour so we will reply.

I think if you stand out as a decent person and interact well on here word soon gets around and that's where the success lies. Constant look at me desperate threads are not the way forward.

over a year ago

"I was just wondering, what are single men to do? Seems as if no one wants to meet them. Single men, who do you meet up with people?

"

I find being polite, patient and sometimes cheeky works...and I am being selective too

over a year ago

"Plenty of people meet single men. The biggest problem is finding the genuine reliable single guys amongst all the wannabes and time wasters.

True, single guys have to work harder to get meets due to our numbers, but its not an impossible dream..."

Not sure it's the single guys that have to work harder!

I've found couples and single females often have to work harder - to avoid the sheer volume of crap they have to put up with!

As far as I'm concerned single guys have the opportunity to make things as easy as they want for themselves - but often seldom seem to want/know how to!

over a year ago

True, single guys have to work harder to get meets due to our numbers, but its not an impossible dream...

I've found couples and single females often have to work harder - to avoid the sheer volume of crap they have to put up with!

As far as I'm concerned single guys have the opportunity to make things as easy as they want for themselves - but often seldom seem to want/know how to! "

Good point, not something I'd actually thought of (not being a couple or female!).

over a year ago

i browse but dont often find what im looking for. its easier putting what you want in ur pro and letting the women contact you

does happen

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Most of my friends here do meet singly guys, and some of us first get to know them at clubs etc, so it possibly makes it harder for single guys who don't venture away from their keyboards. Single men are the most profilic group on here, but in the long term this should work in everyone's favour, as they are competing with each other, and this should raise standards.

Filtering helps, such as meeting verified users, as well as assuming that those of any type who ignore your preferences are unlikely to be good, respectful lovers.

In Fab, you likely get out of it commensurate to what you've invested.

over a year ago

"

As far as I'm concerned single guys have the opportunity to make things as easy as they want for themselves - but often seldom seem to want/know how to! "

Couples having to sift through the crap is no harder than the single males having to prove that they're not crap themselves. Theres only so much guys can do with regards to writing a good profile/messages, having good verifications and taking good pics - tey STILL have to hope that even after making all that effort, their messages get read amongst the 100+ plus that could be in a particularly attractive persons inbox at any one time, and then of course even if they DO reply, you have to hope you held their attention long enough that they'll be willing to search for further messages from you amongst the deluge they'll continue to recieve.

over a year ago

This. I was trying to say this to someone the other day but you've put it across more eloquently than I managed.

I think especially as I very much have a 'type' which isn't just a physical thing it's personality too it is rare that I find someone who ticks all the boxes.

over a year ago

over a year ago

"

As far as I'm concerned single guys have the opportunity to make things as easy as they want for themselves - but often seldom seem to want/know how to!

Couples having to sift through the crap is no harder than the single males having to prove that they're not crap themselves. Theres only so much guys can do with regards to writing a good profile/messages, having good verifications and taking good pics - tey STILL have to hope that even after making all that effort, their messages get read amongst the 100+ plus that could be in a particularly attractive persons inbox at any one time, and then of course even if they DO reply, you have to hope you held their attention long enough that they'll be willing to search for further messages from you amongst the deluge they'll continue to recieve."

Why should it be hard work for a single guy to 'prove' anything? If you've done your best with your profile and pics, and they are a true reflection of you - then people will either be interested or not!

As for messages - if guys are writing what they think people 'want' to hear just to get a response rather than just being yourself - then even if the first message is read and responded to then the flow is likely to soon dry up or resort back to a 'so when can we meet' strategy, rather than pleasant conversation.

I think a lot of people use words and phrases like 'hard work', 'timewasters', 'genuine', 'rude people' and 'not like all the others' in forum threads as a result of having seriously unrealistic expectations of what they expect to get from being on site! Does make me wonder sometimes if its that hard work and obviously causing distress and unhappiness, that people continue using a site that's evidently not working for them in the way they want, rather than seek other avenues. It's not as if Fab is the worlds only means of meeting people is it?

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

"Plenty of single men get meets. Best way to get a meet is not to moan about not getting meets lol "

over a year ago

Obi you are talking a lot of sense today .

over a year ago

"

If you've done your best with your profile and pics, and they are a true reflection of you - then people will either be interested or not!

"

IF they managed to discover your single contact amongst the vast numbers of mails in their inbox - which was the subject of my entire post.

over a year ago

Alas, if my right hand had a profile I'd have loads of meets

over a year ago

"

If you've done your best with your profile and pics, and they are a true reflection of you - then people will either be interested or not!

IF they managed to discover your single contact amongst the vast numbers of mails in their inbox - which was the subject of my entire post."

I don't think you'll find many will delete without either reading or looking at the senders profile without doing so first!

If the message is then ignored or deleted - its a pretty safe bet that either the profile didn't match what they were looking for- or the message did not interest them.

How that can be described in any way as hard work is what confuses me!

over a year ago

"

IF they managed to discover your single contact amongst the vast numbers of mails in their inbox - which was the subject of my entire post.

I don't think you'll find many will delete without either reading or looking at the senders profile without doing so first!

If the message is then ignored or deleted - its a pretty safe bet that either the profile didn't match what they were looking for- or the message did not interest them.

How that can be described in any way as hard work is what confuses me! "

It is frustrating sending messages and getting no reply, but it doesn't take much work to write and send them.

over a year ago

"

"

Ah but you see, heres the problem with your arguement - at no point did I suggest that people don't take some time to read the message or check out the persons profile before deleting, I said the problem was due to them having so many mails, that purely as a matter of numbers theres a strong probablity that they won't even notice yours.

In my personal experience, I've sent messages to ladies on here that were left unread for days, and even weeks, before I eventually tried my luck and messaged them again specifically when they were online - lol and behold, my second message got read and I'd often recieve a reply, whilst the first message was left completely unacknowledged simply because they didn't even know it was there. On other occasions, I've sent messages that were deleted within SECONDS of me having sent them, with absolutely no time for them to be read, no profile inspection, nothing - it was simply a case of having messaged at the wrong time and been caught in a mass deletion.

So, as I said initially, thats why its so hard for single guys on here, not only do you have to make an effort with regards to your profile, mails and pics, you also have to rely on pure chance whether or not you were simply lucky enough to message at the right time when your mail arrived at thetop of a persons inbox in some sort of position where they might actually be able to acknowledge it.

over a year ago

"

Ah but you see, heres the problem with your arguement - at no point did I suggest that people don't take some time to read the message or check out the persons profile before deleting, I said the problem was due to them having so many mails, that purely as a matter of numbers theres a strong probablity that they won't even notice yours.

In my personal experience, I've sent messages to ladies on here that were left unread for days, and even weeks, before I eventually tried my luck and messaged them again specifically when they were online - lol and behold, my second message got read and I'd often recieve a reply, whilst the first message was left completely unacknowledged simply because they didn't even know it was there. On other occasions, I've sent messages that were deleted within SECONDS of me having sent them, with absolutely no time for them to be read, no profile inspection, nothing - it was simply a case of having messaged at the wrong time and been caught in a mass deletion.

So, as I said initially, thats why its so hard for single guys on here, not only do you have to make an effort with regards to your profile, mails and pics, you also have to rely on pure chance whether or not you were simply lucky enough to message at the right time when your mail arrived at thetop of a persons inbox in some sort of position where they might actually be able to acknowledge it."

Think we'll have to agree to disagree!

over a year ago

I exclusively meet single men *smiles and does a little shimmy*

over a year ago

"I was just wondering, what are single men to do? Seems as if no one wants to meet them. Single men, who do you meet up with people?

"

It can be tough to meet single ladies and or couples. but you search through and now and a gain a diamond emerges!

Its odd as so many on here think that single guys are her to purly to say they will meet and not! I have met so many females on here that when it comes to the meet, they block you and you never hear again, I guess that many so called single women, could well be men pretending to be single women.

I am actively seeking new friends, so if anyone fancies drop me a wink or mail, it would be nice to hear from you.

Paul

By *preadeagleCouple
over a year ago

hull

"I certainly meet with single men. Not many at the moment but that is due to my time/life constraints and my very definitive criteria.

The problem I find with many single men is that they simply do not check that they are what I'm looking for before bombarding me with messages/winks/invites!"

Big problem for a lot of people this and I used to always reply even if its a no thanx but they just don't take a hint !!! Of course some do others should chill out

over a year ago

The problem I find with many single men is that they simply do not check that they are what I'm looking for before bombarding me with messages/winks/invites!

Big problem for a lot of people this and I used to always reply even if its a no thanx but they just don't take a hint !!! Of course some do others should chill out "

I agree, even if you reply simply to say thanks, but no thanks! Politeness cost nothing after all

By *scanioMan
over a year ago

Runcorn

Big problem for a lot of people this and I used to always reply even if its a no thanx but they just don't take a hint !!! Of course some do others should chill out

I agree, even if you reply simply to say thanks, but no thanks! Politeness cost nothing after all "

Very true!!

By *he Original TTMan
over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

Totally agree with this! Either that or I have has some pretty vivid dreams...!

Single guys can be their own worst enemies - but the same also applies to couples and single females too!

By *he Original TTMan
over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

"I exclusively meet single men *smiles and does a little shimmy*"

Hello!! *waves*

over a year ago

As of right now i will only meet single guys - im not personally ready for anything more - but the reason i have only had 'meets' with two guys since joining is because i just get boring/uninteresting messages after messages and i end up not even bothering to check out the profile when they're really bad!

And when i do check out the profiles 9 times out of 10 the profile is crap with hardly anything on the info and pics or its just full of how great they are and how basically any girl would be expected to fall at their feet because the are that perfect - Thats doesnt interest ANY girl!

And why have dozens of cock pics?? Most make them look really bad anyway and tbh i think we have all seen a cock by now - we know what they tend to look like!!

Those profiles also tend to have either really old verifications or they are verified and not showing them (think we know why that is!) or they have been here for over a year with nothing to show for it, that personally gives me the feeling that theres a reason for it and automatically makes me avoid them!

I HATE being sent random winks and friend requests, cock pics, one liners, cheesey chat ups, 'Hi how are you?', asking for a meet straight off, asking for a quickie (obviously doesnt read your profile!), chatting for not even a day pretending to be genuine and happy to chat first then they get stroppy because they throw in the 'so when you wana meet?' line and you say not now, get accused of being a time waster because you say 'thanks but no thanks' . . .

NOT EVERYONE FANCIES EVERYONE!!

And just because your a single girl on a site like this doesnt mean you are obliged to sleep with any guy who messages you!

I will freely admit im fussy - its my body and i'll share it with who I WANT - but when your accused of being a dick tease or time waster or fake because you dont like the look/sound of someone it doesnt really help the genuine guys when the dick heads piss all the single girls off

My advice to single guys? Dont pretend to be something your not, make your profile reflect YOU and not what you want to be/think you should be, make the effort to put up half decent pics and not just of your cock no matter how much you love it, if your a dick in real life accept that when someone turns you down or deletes your messages its because of you and how you presented yourself, dont try and start arguements because your not going to be getting any - all you'll get is the block button without ANY hesitation!

TBH its basically common sense, but it seems a lot of guys dont understand that

Note: i have put this as A LOT / MOST guys, NOT ALL - before anyone wants to try and accuse me of anything!

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

Having been on another site as a couple whilst I was married and then on here and the other site as a single man getting attention is far harder now.

As a couple we did a fair bit of fending off of the hopeless and inept. We also suffered the occasional no show but generally found it fairly easy to get what we wanted when we wanted and with who we wanted it.

As a single man I'm lucky if I get one in ten message replied to and most of them are a polite no thank you. I have also found that the number of people willing to mess you around is higher as a single man which I suspect is due to easy availability of men.

The few meets I have had have all been with other un-verified members and therefore I am still not verified.

over a year ago

I've never understood why someone would think a stranger would accept a random friend request.

It's obvious they just wanna look at the friends only pics.

over a year ago

I have had some meets and got a few more lined up. But I am quite laid back about it. When they happen great if not I wait for the next opportunity to present itself.

Things were slow when I got started but its not something I complained about just changed my pants photo

over a year ago

"We meet single men "

so do we

over a year ago

its the idiots on here that give us single guys a bad name we jus want some genuine fun

over a year ago

My feeling is that single men generally take this site way to seriously and assume because its a swingers site that they should be getting meets. I take this site with zero seriousness but love the chats and forums. If you don't fixate on getting that illusive meet and just enjoy yourself being here more, you'll find it way less frustrating and way more fun.

I am right 100% of the time on all subjects known to man. So I suspect I've sorted this whole singleton male meet thing out with these few humble lines. This site will now be a swingletons Eutopia. No need to thank me personally. Send all thank you's to my public relations department xx

over a year ago

"

i meet single men tht i like!!

over a year ago

"

So, as I said initially, thats why its so hard for single guys on here, not only do you have to make an effort with regards to your profile, mails and pics, you also have to rely on pure chance whether or not you were simply lucky enough to message at the right time when your mail arrived at thetop of a persons inbox in some sort of position where they might actually be able to acknowledge it."

This is exactly what used to happen with me, if I happened to be online or in a chatty mood and the person/s messaged at that time I'd answer from the top. I often told people it was nothing personal or bad manners, simply luck if I answered. This way is so much easier and I don't feel pressured or mean and I also find people who interest me coz I have time to browse I've been ignored, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It is not just guys who don't get replies

over a year ago

"

So, as I said initially, thats why its so hard for single guys on here, not only do you have to make an effort with regards to your profile, mails and pics, you also have to rely on pure chance whether or not you were simply lucky enough to message at the right time when your mail arrived at thetop of a persons inbox in some sort of position where they might actually be able to acknowledge it.

This is exactly what used to happen with me, if I happened to be online or in a chatty mood and the person/s messaged at that time I'd answer from the top. I often told people it was nothing personal or bad manners, simply luck if I answered. This way is so much easier and I don't feel pressured or mean and I also find people who interest me coz I have time to browse I've been ignored, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It is not just guys who don't get replies "

I always relied to you back in the day wink wink ? Cough cough. remember? X

over a year ago

Having been a couple in my past life I know the problems with single men.

I personally join in the banter, use the chat rooms trying to let people see the real me. Going to the socials helps a lot as well.

However, I am realistic, so if nothing happens at least I have made a few more friends.

over a year ago

"

This is exactly what used to happen with me, if I happened to be online or in a chatty mood and the person/s messaged at that time I'd answer from the top. I often told people it was nothing personal or bad manners, simply luck if I answered. This way is so much easier and I don't feel pressured or mean and I also find people who interest me coz I have time to browse I've been ignored, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It is not just guys who don't get replies

I always relied to you back in the day wink wink ? Cough cough. remember? X"

I mean when I message first though lol xxx

over a year ago

"

I mean when I message first though lol xxx"

FTB1 baby x

over a year ago

I'm a single guy and as long as you accept the way it is for us on the site and just be yourself you will get meets. It just requires patience and the right attitude. I only approach profiles where I feel I may fit the criteria and if I get a knock back then I just move on. Have met lots of people from here singles and couples.

over a year ago

"

FTB1 baby x"

Pmsl! I'm down there in May

over a year ago

"

FTB1 baby x

Pmsl! I'm down there in May "

Keep in touch then random lady who I don't know xx

over a year ago

"

FTB1 baby x

Pmsl! I'm down there in May

Keep in touch then random lady who I don't know xx"

Will do dodgy man, try and stay out of jail

Post new Message to Thread