Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Posting on threads as.....

Jump to newest

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

Have noticed some single profiles posting as 'we'. Why is this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

they may have singles and a couple profile and forgotten which they are logged on...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All profiles are made up.

We are actually I. And I am an 86 year old woman called Ethel currently playing bingo in an old folks home in mablethorpe. Who wants some?

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"they may have singles and a couple profile and forgotten which they are logged on..."

Possibly but is it anything to do with a collective voice?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"they may have singles and a couple profile and forgotten which they are logged on...

Possibly but is it anything to do with a collective voice?"

aye, very good point

over a year ago

"Have noticed some single profiles posting as 'we'. Why is this? "

Royal connection perhaps

over a year ago

"All profiles are made up.

We are actually I. And I am an 86 year old woman called Ethel currently playing bingo in an old folks home in mablethorpe. Who wants some? "

Mablethorpe - ooh bring it on. Skeggy - its so bracing!!

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

We are actually I. And I am an 86 year old woman called Ethel currently playing bingo in an old folks home in mablethorpe. Who wants some? "

Hi Ethel. Was wondering what happened to your self imposed forum ban!!

over a year ago

"they may have singles and a couple profile and forgotten which they are logged on...

Possibly but is it anything to do with a collective voice?

aye, very good point "

Collective Voice, otherwise known as somebody making an opinion and assuming everyone else shares it!... Usually to gain favour or to obtain a sense of self worth and righteousness.

over a year ago

We are actually I. And I am an 86 year old woman called Ethel currently playing bingo in an old folks home in mablethorpe. Who wants some?

Mablethorpe - ooh bring it on. Skeggy - its so bracing!!"

Would you lovely young uns like a suck on my friend Harold's rock?

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

If you're in Mablethorpe you need all the extra fun you can get!

Wolf

over a year ago

If you're in Mablethorpe you need all the extra fun you can get!

Wolf

"

I'm in a home deary. Will you come and visit me? Can you pick up some more pads for me on the way young man

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

When its I its me when its we its me and my invisible friend Willy....

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

It could be multiple personality disorder.

No it couldn't.

Yes it could!

OK.

over a year ago

Possibly but is it anything to do with a collective voice?"

Not for me, as I post on this only and most people know we have a main couple a/c, hence I say we

over a year ago

I I ever say wii it is always un-Nintendo-ed

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Can't say we've noticed.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I I ever say wii it is always un-Nintendo-ed"

***Groan!***

over a year ago

And to think you got me all excited the other day.

over a year ago

depends on the subject, it could be a form of altruism..like saying

"we in this country believe.." - u get ur point across by including others to value ur opinion instead of theirs as individuals

over a year ago

i have a joint profile with wife and she has a single one too.it makes sense as i work shifts and cant always meet so she has a play on her own, but has a regular few

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I I ever say wii it is always un-Nintendo-ed"

If I ever say wee, it's only in loo of saying I

Seriously tho', I often use "us" as in "Give us a chance to answer your message before sending 17 more..."

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

There's enough of me to be two.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its the royal "we" dontcha know.

over a year ago

"There's enough of me to be two."
all the more to snog

over a year ago

I only post from my single profile, but I am part of a couple... simples

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I am occasionally guilty of this - I should really post the "we" things from the joint profile but then I d have to swap all the time... but I do get your point.

over a year ago

"Have noticed some single profiles posting as 'we'. Why is this? I am occasionally guilty of this - I should really post the "we" things from the joint profile but then I d have to swap all the time... but I do get your point. "

does ur joint profile have fanny shots? we'd love to see

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Have noticed some single profiles posting as 'we'. Why is this? I am occasionally guilty of this - I should really post the "we" things from the joint profile but then I d have to swap all the time... but I do get your point. "

So the 'we' in this instance is yourself and other half in agreement as to what you post? Do you consult before posting on a thread?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Have noticed some single profiles posting as 'we'. Why is this? I am occasionally guilty of this - I should really post the "we" things from the joint profile but then I d have to swap all the time... but I do get your point.

does ur joint profile have fanny shots? we'd love to see"

It does not have what I call an open legged fanny shot, I am afraid

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Have noticed some single profiles posting as 'we'. Why is this? I am occasionally guilty of this - I should really post the "we" things from the joint profile but then I d have to swap all the time... but I do get your point.

So the 'we' in this instance is yourself and other half in agreement as to what you post? Do you consult before posting on a thread?"

Interesting question. I sometimes post as "we" when I am confident that he would agree with me, sometimes when he happens to sit next to me I might ask... Sometimes I use "we" when it relates to something we have done together or discussed and both thyink the same way.

over a year ago

does ur joint profile have fanny shots? we'd love to seeIt does not have what I call an open legged fanny shot, I am afraid "

on the hunt for ur tasty c.. oops..

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

does ur joint profile have fanny shots? we'd love to seeIt does not have what I call an open legged fanny shot, I am afraid

on the hunt for ur tasty c.. oops.."

You always make me laugh, Keenie

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

So the 'we' in this instance is yourself and other half in agreement as to what you post? Do you consult before posting on a thread?Interesting question. I sometimes post as "we" when I am confident that he would agree with me, sometimes when he happens to sit next to me I might ask... Sometimes I use "we" when it relates to something we have done together or discussed and both thyink the same way. "

That's sounds a fair point.

My original post was a little mischievous though.

I feel there are some posters that feel part of a 'we' and I've seen many instances of that.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

So the 'we' in this instance is yourself and other half in agreement as to what you post? Do you consult before posting on a thread?Interesting question. I sometimes post as "we" when I am confident that he would agree with me, sometimes when he happens to sit next to me I might ask... Sometimes I use "we" when it relates to something we have done together or discussed and both thyink the same way.

I feel there are some posters that feel part of a 'we' and I've seen many instances of that."

Ooops I had not cottoned on to that at all lol

over a year ago

Mablethorpe - ooh bring it on. Skeggy - its so bracing!!

Would you lovely young uns like a suck on my friend Harold's rock? "

no but can we shag your asre ethel that way you can keep an eye on the bingo lol

over a year ago

So the 'we' in this instance is yourself and other half in agreement as to what you post? Do you consult before posting on a thread?Interesting question. I sometimes post as "we" when I am confident that he would agree with me, sometimes when he happens to sit next to me I might ask... Sometimes I use "we" when it relates to something we have done together or discussed and both thyink the same way.

I feel there are some posters that feel part of a 'we' and I've seen many instances of that."

I think you are probably right some do but also you will find people will be chatting on skype at the same time as posting or others will log in the forums when others are round. I don't think there is one answer to why single profiles use the we bit as it will be different with different people who do.

Post new Message to Thread