Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

10p Tax

Jump to newest

By *exySwing3rs OP   Couple
over a year ago

In Your Hearts

So Ed wants to bring this back which will be paid by 'Mansion Tax' on £2m properties.

This would certainly help those at the bottom end of the income scale.

Would you be in favour?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So Ed wants to bring this back which will be paid by 'Mansion Tax' on £2m properties.

Would you be in favour?"

But he won't put in his manafesto? It couldn't be another politician talking bollocks could it? X

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

According to Ed Balls own words…..

They would hope to raise enough money annually from approximately 70, 000 properties to accommodate a basic rate 10p tax starting threshold on the first 1000 pound earned by approximately 25 million people….!.

I havn't done the maths... !

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"According to Ed Balls own words…..

They would hope to raise enough money annually from approximately 70, 000 properties to accommodate a basic rate 10p tax starting threshold on the first 1000 pound earned by approximately 25 million people….!.

I havn't done the maths... ! "

That is what economists used to call "Maths by Balls" He was crap then and he will be crap in future! Great soundbite with no chance of working! IMHO

By *ighly ProfessionalMan
over a year ago

peterborough

I for one am NOT infavour of the 10p tax, Personal allowances are going up to £944o in April. We all moan about roads not gritted in snow, bin collections, state of area's well this comes at a price. Keep the 20p tax band but use the money to make this country proud again . PS cut the foreign Aid

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"I for one am NOT infavour of the 10p tax, Personal allowances are going up to £944o in April. We all moan about roads not gritted in snow, bin collections, state of area's well this comes at a price. Keep the 20p tax band but use the money to make this country proud again . PS cut the foreign Aid"

You know what? I am going to agree with you! Anyone on minimum wage for a 40 hour week will have a minimal difference to their income, it just sounds good!

Any money they lose may be taken up with benefits or if not, it will be deamed they have a living wage. Most will get tax credits anyway or one of the other unessary benefits that Tony and his cronies bought elections with..

I like this idea..

Just my opinion!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So Ed wants to bring this back which will be paid by 'Mansion Tax' on £2m properties.

Would you be in favour?"

it will be very very minimal wealth redistribution at best.....

1% on anything about 2 million ecomonists say will only raise 1.7 billion a year... so what you are looking at is probably a minimal 10p tax band at best....

politically though... very smart since it was a lib dem manifesto pledge that wasn't taken up by the coalition... so puts them in an awkward position.... and a lot of back bench tory mp's were calling for something like this in the next budget so gazumps any move the chancellor was thinking of doing....

Post new Message to Thread