Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

OMG!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What the fuck is wrong with people these days!! On way back from Manchester and im sat on the train.. So this guy comes over and asks me to move my guitar to sit down.. Im good with that.. Then this women asks me politely to move my bag so i now have my guitar and bag on the seat next to me on the seat..

Sat listening to my music and next thingi know im getting pushed.. I look up and some guy is stood there and asks to sit down.. Now all the over head compartments are full with other peoples stuff.. I said i have no where to put my bad.. He them grabs my bad and throws up down the isle and pushes my guitar out the way..

Now is it me or am i obliged to fucking kick shit out of this arrigant peice of something lower that shit..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

He then grabs my bag and throws it down the isle and pushes my guitar out the way*

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How many seats did you pay for?

over a year ago

Violence never solved anything

I would be pretty miffed off if someone touched my stuff,but have also been miffed off once when a guy wouldn't move his bag for my daughter to sit down.

over a year ago

You need to ask us what to do first? I presume he's been sitting there these past five minutes while you decide whether to kick his head in or not. I think the moment has passed. I'd have wrapped the guitar round his neck the moment he touched it.

over a year ago

Really don't know why people have to revert to violence, what does it ever solve? And I am guessing you didn't pay for 2 seats??

Yes they were in the wrong to move your belongings, but violence is not the answer

over a year ago

Why didn't you just put it in the overhead compartment?

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Why didn't you just put it in the overhead compartment? "

He did say they were full further up.

Yeah he was wrong to move your stuff but really unless you paid for 2 seats you should of moved it first. I've gotten trains to London with bags piled on my lap before for the same reason x

over a year ago

Although throwing your bag was way out of order,,,,,

Why should your luggage create problems for someone else who just wants to take a seat they’ve paid for….

Surely if you’d felt so protective about you luggage, you could have offered to stand and use your seat to store it on.... But instead you seem to be suggesting someone else’s should compromise their desire to use a seat they have paid for just so you can keep yours and occupy another with your luggage……!

I would have called the guard and had you remove your luggage from the vacant seat and whatever problems that caused you would have been of your own making…!

over a year ago

get your guitar out and start singing "i know a song that'll get on ya nerves"at the top of ya voice ,you'll find you'll end up with loads of space quite quickly

over a year ago

I'm not one for advocation violence. But knock him clean out x

By *arl828Man
over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

Ask him to swap seats, put him near the window then don't move when he want to get off, then report him to the conductor for not having a valid ticket PMSL!

over a year ago

Play him a song.

Dedicate it to him and sing at the top of your voice.

When you have finish tell him what a lovely individual he is and he's made your weekend.

Or just kick him in the balls

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple
over a year ago

Takeley

I would have thrown him down the aisle!

over a year ago

I hate people that think that the seats next to them on a train are reserved for their baggage. Totally selfish and shows a lack of respect for other passengers.

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Shame they are not here to tell their side of the story.

You pay for one seat, you get one seat...If you dont like it get a car

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

There will be a post on another forum somewhere about the sod occupying two seats on a packed train, refusing to move his sodding bag and guitar and now having to sit next to him after being forced to move them for him.

Have a nice day.

over a year ago

"I hate people that think that the seats next to them on a train are reserved for their baggage. Totally selfish and shows a lack of respect for other passengers."

This

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

This has reminded me of Ben Elton doing "double seat, double seat, got to get a double seat". Possibly before Rabbit was out of nappies.

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

I'm sorry but you are in the wrong most trains have a luggage compartment you should have put your bag there the guitar I get But it could go between your legs. I get really fed up of paying for train tickets then having to stand on a journey because someone won't move their shopping or luggage. Yes the guy was wrong to throw your bag down the aisle but your taking up space with stuff that should be in a designated spot

over a year ago

Are you trying to get a reaction, surely most people would find what you've done unacceptable, surely the question should be would it be acceptable for the passenger to have shoved the guitar up your arse.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Although throwing your bag was way out of order,,,,,

Why should your luggage create problems for someone else who just wants to take a seat they’ve paid for….

Surely if you’d felt so protective about you luggage, you could have offered to stand and use your seat to store it on.... But instead you seem to be suggesting someone else’s should compromise their desire to use a seat they have paid for just so you can keep yours and occupy another with your luggage……!

I would have called the guard and had you remove your luggage from the vacant seat and whatever problems that caused you would have been of your own making…!

"

This!

It's irksome, when travelling on packed commuter trains you've sold your kidney to travel on to discover some selfish bastard occupying a seat whist his/her luggage travels in comfort while you stand.

Every morning I have to ask someone to move their bag etc...the look on my face makes it clear I'm not going to ask twice!

over a year ago

I wouldn't support the guy just moving your gear but at the same time your stuff has no entitlement to a seat. How did you react when asked to move your stuff a third time? If you refused then I would have gone to complain to the conductor, but I would not have let it lie, if you have too much stuff to look after then you shouldn't take it on the train

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I hate people that think that the seats next to them on a train are reserved for their baggage. Totally selfish and shows a lack of respect for other passengers."

Reading some of the comments I was beginning to think I was living in an alternative universe!

Seems like thee and me are the only ones to think the OP selfish.

over a year ago

Arent we all such law abiding peeps on here.... no-one has suggested he report him to the relevant authorities, for his aggressive behaviour and poss criminal damage to your property! hahah

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I hate people that think that the seats next to them on a train are reserved for their baggage. Totally selfish and shows a lack of respect for other passengers.

Reading some of the comments I was beginning to think I was living in an alternative universe!

Seems like thee and me are the only ones to think the OP selfish."

Oh it would appear not.

over a year ago

"Arent we all such law abiding peeps on here.... no-one has suggested he report him to the relevant authorities, for his aggressive behaviour and poss criminal damage to your property! hahah "

That would take up half you day lol and half someone else's and shit loads of paper work which probably wouldn't go anywhere...

over a year ago

"I hate people that think that the seats next to them on a train are reserved for their baggage. Totally selfish and shows a lack of respect for other passengers.

This "

+1

over a year ago

There was a few other empty seats, all luggage compartments were full..

Me being me is he had just tapped me on the should and said "excuse me can you move your bag please" i would havehappily moved it.. But instead i got shoved into the window, i took my head phones out and he said "move your fucking bag" thought it was quite rude personally.. And then he threw my bag.. Now is it me but you get people saying ohh id throw it as well.. But hang on a min.. How would you feel in the same situation as me.. I was spoken to like shit for no reason and had my property possibly damaged.. All because he couldnt be arsed to be polite..

Manners cost nothing.. A simple please would have been okay but i dont want some snotty chav with his head so far up his own arse sat next to me..

over a year ago

"There was a few other empty seats, all luggage compartments were full..

Me being me is he had just tapped me on the should and said "excuse me can you move your bag please" i would havehappily moved it.. But instead i got shoved into the window, i took my head phones out and he said "move your fucking bag" thought it was quite rude personally.. And then he threw my bag.. Now is it me but you get people saying ohh id throw it as well.. But hang on a min.. How would you feel in the same situation as me.. I was spoken to like shit for no reason and had my property possibly damaged.. All because he couldnt be arsed to be polite..

Manners cost nothing.. A simple please would have been okay but i dont want some snotty chav with his head so far up his own arse sat next to me.. "

But according to your OP.... he did ask to sit down, and it was only after your protestation remarking on a lack of an alternate space for your luggage, that he reacted the way he did ,

However as you’ve now point out, there were other vacant seats, so perhaps you could have politely offered to move your luggage to one of those and let the man have the seat of his choice …..

So perhaps... better manners on both sides might have avoided the situation…

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I would ask nicely once, maybe twice for you to move your items.

if you moved them, I would say thank you and offer help in safe guarding them.

if I had to ask 3 times..... Mariah Carey with the worst PMT would be Mother Theresa in comparison.

over a year ago

"I would ask nicely once, maybe twice for you to move your items.

if you moved them, I would say thank you and offer help in safe guarding them.

if I had to ask 3 times..... Mariah Carey with the worst PMT would be Mother Theresa in comparison.

"

pmsl

over a year ago

Manners cost nothing.. A simple please would have been okay but i dont want some snotty chav with his head so far up his own arse sat next to me.. "

So when you first sat down there was overhead space but you took up 3 seats? One for you, one for your bag, one for your guitar. Did you not think the train would get busier?

By *he WolfsterMan
over a year ago

Swansea

The train operators should put more carriages on... Simples

over a year ago

lol

over a year ago

unfortunatly even though it sounds like he acted a bit over the top its you that is mainly in the wrong as your luggage should not of been on the seat in the 1st place, if there was no overhead luggage space and none at the end of the carriage then simple thing would be bag under seat and guitar between your legs.

you only pay for one seat so only take one seat, if you want to put luggage on a seat pay for 2 seats then you have a right to that seat.

over a year ago

Sounds like you're changing your tune to a sob story as people aren't agreeing with you. It wasn't your seat, he moved your shit, get over it

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I do love to see all the keyboard warriors flexing their virtual muscles on these forums at times....half of them wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

In answer to the Op....you paid for one seat, you chose to take two or three....tough.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I do love to see all the keyboard warriors flexing their virtual muscles on these forums at times....half of them wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

In answer to the Op....you paid for one seat, you chose to take two or three....tough."

over a year ago

"unfortunatly even though it sounds like he acted a bit over the top its you that is mainly in the wrong as your luggage should not of been on the seat in the 1st place, if there was no overhead luggage space and none at the end of the carriage then simple thing would be bag under seat and guitar between your legs.

you only pay for one seat so only take one seat, if you want to put luggage on a seat pay for 2 seats then you have a right to that seat."

I didnt think about putting it under myseat...

Mehh times gone and we both apologized for over reacting .

over a year ago

I would have knocked him out when he started to push.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I would have knocked him out when he started to push. "

Yeah ok......

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Rabbit , your a good old boy and very entertaining , but your full of shit lol

over a year ago

"I do love to see all the keyboard warriors flexing their virtual muscles on these forums at times....half of them wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

In answer to the Op....you paid for one seat, you chose to take two or three....tough."

over a year ago

I am sorry . So you sat down and took up 4 seats if I am reading this right as u had to move some stuff for the 1st guy . Then move your guitar for the lady and then a 3 rd guy got pissy with you . Hell I am shocked he was so polite as to just throw your bag . Why should people have to ask you if they can use a seat that they have had to pay for !!!!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Rabbit , your a good old boy and very entertaining , but your full of shit lol "

you are a good soul

By *iplayersCouple
over a year ago

chippenham or kent

"How many seats did you pay for? "

Quite right..seats are for sitting on...not for baggage.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

As I said to once before Rabbit, you have more adventures than Robin Hood, I do however like you but do have to wonder how much more smoothly your life would run if you made it less complicated.

over a year ago

"What the fuck is wrong with people these days!! On way back from Manchester and im sat on the train.. So this guy comes over and asks me to move my guitar to sit down.. Im good with that.. Then this women asks me politely to move my bag so i now have my guitar and bag on the seat next to me on the seat..

Sat listening to my music and next thingi know im getting pushed.. I look up and some guy is stood there and asks to sit down.. Now all the over head compartments are full with other peoples stuff.. I said i have no where to put my bad.. He them grabs my bad and throws up down the isle and pushes my guitar out the way..

Now is it me or am i obliged to fucking kick shit out of this arrigant peice of something lower that shit.. "

Seems to me you need a lesson in manners and non aggression. Who the hell do you think you are?

over a year ago

"As I said to once before Rabbit, you have more adventures than Robin Hood, I do however like you but do have to wonder how much more smoothly your life would run if you made it less complicated.

"

over a year ago

"

As my wife found out recently you are not paying for a seat but to be abke to travel on the train.

Personally I would have given him a mouthful for throwing my things, then be as awkward as I could towards the idiot.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

aye, there are a good few posters I would love to share a pint with, Rabbit is one... just to hear his adventures

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the rule we use to use on east coast was a simple one.....

if people were standing then other were using bags to take up seats... we would ask nicely for them to be removed.....

if there were still people standing after that.... they would be told anyone not moving bags would be charged a full open single ticket and we start going down the train to check....

funny enough bags get moved sharpish then...

over a year ago

As my wife found out recently you are not paying for a seat but to be abke to travel on the train.

Personally I would have given him a mouthful for throwing my things, then be as awkward as I could towards the idiot."

my-my...what a pleasant travelling companion you’d be….

over a year ago

You should have retrieved your bag from the aisle, sat him down and started recanting some of your stories and anecdotes.

He'd have soon found somewhere else to sit.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

The moral of the story, when someone asks you to move your stuff off a seat so they can sit down, move them.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

but i dont want some snotty chav with his head so far up his own arse sat next to me.. "

Then may I suggest you travel by car!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

this has been my favourite thread this year

over a year ago

None of this would happen if the put guitar racks in the cars lol.

Yes you took up seats and yes you are wrong too but let's get real most people would be upset at being pushed and having stuff thrown down.

Just think he might do it one day to some one else who isn't so placid and earn himself a fat lip.

Wrong I know but if your rude to people you may well get it back.

over a year ago

Mehh its dealt with.. I appologized he appologized had a chat.. Gave him a cig.. Turned out to be okay he was just having a bad time like me..

His dad died yesterday .. Told my dad died a few days ago..

All good now ..

And as for Forun rules.. People stop sending me abusive messages then blocking me and also giving me abuse in the forums..

You know who you are..

over a year ago

"None of this would happen if the put guitar racks in the cars lol.

Yes you took up seats and yes you are wrong too but let's get real most people would be upset at being pushed and having stuff thrown down.

Just think he might do it one day to some one else who isn't so placid and earn himself a fat lip.

Wrong I know but if your rude to people you may well get it back."

I told him of he broke my guitar i want it replacing.. Lol.. But luckily all that was broken was the rose i got for my mum for valentines day off my dad..

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

As long as no pork pies were harmed, all is good

over a year ago

"As long as no pork pies were harmed, all is good "

Haa,,,,, that just made laugh so much I've got hic-ups now!!!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

***Giggles ***

over a year ago

I now have to wipe my desk

over a year ago

Manners cost nothing.. A simple please would have been okay but i dont want some snotty chav with his head so far up his own arse sat next to me..

So when you first sat down there was overhead space but you took up 3 seats? One for you, one for your bag, one for your guitar. Did you not think the train would get busier? "

hmmm exactly, people who do this really get on my nerves trying to make it difficult for people to sit near or next to them. For goodness sakes if you are that complexed do not travel on shared transport.

There is no freedome without respect and we should all go first.

over a year ago

oh dear, fishermans' friend comes to mind.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

And as for Forun rules.. People stop sending me abusive messages then blocking me and also giving me abuse in the forums..

You know who you are.. "

You are actually breaking them yourself by trying to contact people who have blocked you.

If you have abusive mails, report from the mail itself or the profile.

over a year ago

My keyboard has just had a liberal spattering of danish pastry crumbs coughed over it.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If I was tired after a long day at work and had to face a hideous rail journey home, I would not want to stand do someone could put their stuff in a seat.

Whatever storage problems they have are not my problems and I shouldn't have to face the consequences of that.

That said throwing someone's belongings about is also wrong, but I wonder if your attitude to him was as neutral as your initial post would lead us to believe. Also, the fact that he was the third person to have to ASK you to move your stuff so they could sit would suggest you were taking up FOUR seats to begin with.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I see that as either inconsiderate or selfish.

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

By *rchard thiefMan
over a year ago

accrington-ish

Why didn't you just put your bag and guitar in the luggage rack when you first got on the train? If you had 4 seats to yourself it sounds like the train was empty

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"The moral of the story, when someone asks you to move your stuff off a seat so they can sit down, move them."

You shouldn't have to ask. Anyone with working eyes can see that people are standing whilst your stuff languishes on a seat.

over a year ago

"Why didn't you just put your bag and guitar in the luggage rack when you first got on the train? If you had 4 seats to yourself it sounds like the train was empty "

He did state the luggage storage compartments were already full at the beginning of this thread....

By *rchard thiefMan
over a year ago

accrington-ish

Oops......I assumed(wrongly) that as he got on the train at Manchester there would have been room.

over a year ago

Op says - now the overheads were full. Which implies they weren't at the start of his journey but was by the time these people got on and wanted a seat.

over a year ago

id be cross if anybody touched my stuff at all - id be just as cross if anybody wouldnt move their stuff to vacate a seat - pay for two seats then foar enough

over a year ago

"The moral of the story, when someone asks you to move your stuff off a seat so they can sit down, move them.

You shouldn't have to ask. Anyone with working eyes can see that people are standing whilst your stuff languishes on a seat."

over a year ago

I can see it from both sides, it's frustrating anywhere buses/trains/queues etc. when somebody is in the way taking up more than one seat/space. It's also frustrating when you've not deliberately been inconsiderate and people are rude. I would like video evidence if anybody here works for national rail?

Just think on it next time mate, violence wouldn't have solved this one

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"The moral of the story, when someone asks you to move your stuff off a seat so they can sit down, move them.

You shouldn't have to ask. Anyone with working eyes can see that people are standing whilst your stuff languishes on a seat."

I agree.

I was commenting on what the OP said he did or didn't do and not what I would have done.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"

I can see it from both sides, it's frustrating anywhere buses/trains/queues etc. when somebody is in the way taking up more than one seat/space. It's also frustrating when you've not deliberately been inconsiderate and people are rude. I would like video evidence if anybody here works for national rail?

Just think on it next time mate, violence wouldn't have solved this one"

I think it is deliberately inconsiderate to take up four seats, especially if you can see people standing which they must have been to ask if they could sit!!

over a year ago

I'm Starting With The Man In

The Mirror

(Ooh!)

I'm Asking Him To Change

His Ways

(Ooh!)

And No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

If You Wanna Make The World