Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Flowers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it me or is it abit over priced for funeral flowers?

£60 just for DAD..

£210 just for HUSBAND

Thats abit over priced!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That's pretty reasonable, £20 a letter!

over a year ago

"That's pretty reasonable, £20 a letter! "

I mean £90 for DAD..

over a year ago

yea funearl flowers are expensive wen my dad died cost 210 quid for the flowers for it. for a dad a teddy reef from my wee girl and a reef from my mum

over a year ago

We paid £120 for Dad. Wasn't bothered about the cost, just wanted it done properly.

over a year ago

"yea funearl flowers are expensive wen my dad died cost 210 quid for the flowers for it. for a dad a teddy reef from my wee girl and a reef from my mum "

They are indeed.. My mums on Benefits because she was my dads full time career before he died... And she cant afford the prices.. Me my bro and sis have agreed to pay for DAD as we bloody well should pay.. But its abit exspensive..

over a year ago

The last funeral I went to it was requested that there was no flowers and that the money be given to charity.

Seemed like a good a idea but it just didn't look right , if you know what I mean.

over a year ago

When my partner was killed we covered his coffin with flowers. But when mum died we just put small bloom of flowers . You dont need to broke yourself they would not want that hun

over a year ago

"yea funearl flowers are expensive wen my dad died cost 210 quid for the flowers for it. for a dad a teddy reef from my wee girl and a reef from my mum

They are indeed.. My mums on Benefits because she was my dads full time career before he died... And she cant afford the prices.. Me my bro and sis have agreed to pay for DAD as we bloody well should pay.. But its abit exspensive.. "

I'm sure your father was well worth the cost of the wreath and i expect a hell of alot more on top. May he R.I.P

over a year ago

"When my partner was killed we covered his coffin with flowers. But when mum died we just put small bloom of flowers . You dont need to broke yourself they would not want that hun"

over a year ago

"yea funearl flowers are expensive wen my dad died cost 210 quid for the flowers for it. for a dad a teddy reef from my wee girl and a reef from my mum

They are indeed.. My mums on Benefits because she was my dads full time career before he died... And she cant afford the prices.. Me my bro and sis have agreed to pay for DAD as we bloody well should pay.. But its abit exspensive..

I'm sure your father was well worth the cost of the wreath and i expect a hell of alot more on top. May he R.I.P"

Yup.. Me my sister and brother are paying for quite a lot together.. Plots and coffin already paid for.. Just a few more things to get.. I.e the stuff for the wake and stuff..

over a year ago

"

I'm sure your father was well worth the cost of the wreath and i expect a hell of alot more on top. May he R.I.P

Yup.. Me my sister and brother are paying for quite a lot together.. Plots and coffin already paid for.. Just a few more things to get.. I.e the stuff for the wake and stuff.. "

I'm sure your late father would be and is proud of you all for helping your mother with costs etc. condolences to you and your family and again may your father R.I.P

over a year ago

I would prefer just one bouquet of flowers when I go and the rest donated to my favourite charity really. Can't see the point in all those flowers when your not there to appreciate them.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

When my Mum died amongst the few flowers, as we'd asked for donations, was a simple wrap with one white lily and a red rose. This was from a family friend and he had bought the same for me.

As he said peace and love.

I must admit I have done the same at most funerals.

Sometimes something so simple can say everything.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

a small floral tribute given with the deepest warmth love to your dad is all that matters

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

A florist is a business....it's not a charity.

If it's too much to fork out for then a simple half decent bunch of flowers would mean just as much.

Floristry is a skill, it's also I should imagine a business that has high overheads and significant wastage, they are entitled to make a profit form their business as much as any other.

over a year ago

i think they are a complete waste of money.

they sell them on ebay.

me and my hubby wont be having a funeral.

over a year ago

they know people feel they have to buy them, thats why they charge so much.

complete rip off.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"i think they are a complete waste of money.

they sell them on ebay.

me and my hubby wont be having a funeral."

ok if you ain't having a funeral how they going to get rid of your body its not like they can throw you in the skip

over a year ago

As with anything they will charge what people are willing to pay

I bet you still bough the flowers tho did'nt you? and thats what they rely on and while people keep paying it they will keep charging it

for something like that they could charge double what they do and people would still buy them

over a year ago

"i think they are a complete waste of money.

they sell them on ebay.

me and my hubby wont be having a funeral.

ok if you ain't having a funeral how they going to get rid of your body its not like they can throw you in the skip "

you get taken from the morgue to the crematorian, no mourners, no church service.

over a year ago

Yes it's a rip off by greedy funeral directors/flower sellers who can play on the emotions of someone suffering bereavement.

I hope when I die that not a single flower is bought. I'd sooner the money was donated to a Breast Cancer or Alzheimer's charity rather than line somebody else's pockets only for the flowers to be chucked away a day or so after I'm down the hole of up the chimney

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

They all have to make a living....like venues charging double for weddings they know they can..... why don't you make your own arrangement of flowers...a personal touch.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/02/13 14:16:19]

over a year ago

Just wondering how big are the letters how many flowers in each letter and how long did each letter take to make? When all this is taken into account is £30 a letter much? Sorry about your Dad

over a year ago

I dont want a funeral.. Im donating my body to The Body Farm or Medical Research.. That way i know something good will come out of it..

over a year ago

Would he have wanted flowers? Funerals I've been to, people asked for donations to charity instead of flowers. X

Post new Message to Thread