Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Abandoned Hospitals

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone know any good Abandoned Mental Hospitals in the UK mainly around Devon area.. Always liked walking round old places and i think its fascinating..

I know of a few but not any around the areas im in lol..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I used too but it's been converted into luxury flats holloway sanatorium

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

There'll be Urban Exploration websites for the geographical area/s you're interseted in.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

interested. Sorry.

over a year ago

Do you know any websites? Ive googled it and got nothing.. :-/..

over a year ago

"Do you know any websites? Ive googled it and got nothing.. :-/..

No, but it's often abbreviated to urbex. It should be said it's often not entirely legal so it may be necessary to do a bit of creative thinking.

Perhaps you have a friend who could do the thinking for you?

"

I know loads of places in Warrington area.. Like Bewsey Old Hall.. Very haunted.. There was an old bomb bunker.. And few AAC around.. And old castle on the coast of north wales in the hills.. And old house that was smashed by the sea.. I just find is fascinating lol.. Weirdly enough..

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

No, but it's often abbreviated to urbex. It should be said it's often not entirely legal so it may be necessary to do a bit of creative thinking.

I know loads of places in Warrington area.. Like Bewsey Old Hall.. Very haunted.. There was an old bomb bunker.. And few AAC around.. And old castle on the coast of north wales in the hills.. And old house that was smashed by the sea.. I just find is fascinating lol.. Weirdly enough.. "

Speaking of bombs and Warrington; the 20th anniversary of the first Warrington bombing is just a few days away.

over a year ago

I know loads of places in Warrington area.. Like Bewsey Old Hall.. Very haunted.. There was an old bomb bunker.. And few AAC around.. And old castle on the coast of north wales in the hills.. And old house that was smashed by the sea.. I just find is fascinating lol.. Weirdly enough..

Speaking of bombs and Warrington; the 20th anniversary of the first Warrington bombing is just a few days away.

"

I know mcdonalds on Bridge Street...

over a year ago

"I know loads of places in Warrington area.. Like Bewsey Old Hall.. Very haunted.."

I had to have a chuckle at that. What does 'very haunted' mean exactly? Does it have ghost parties or sommat? More than one ghost? A rather scary ghost moreso than his/her/its contemporaries?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

That's a bit like 'very unique'.

WTF is very unique about?

over a year ago

"I know loads of places in Warrington area.. Like Bewsey Old Hall.. Very haunted..

I had to have a chuckle at that. What does 'very haunted' mean exactly? Does it have ghost parties or sommat? More than one ghost? A rather scary ghost moreso than his/her/its contemporaries? "

It means fucking scarey as fuck lol... I went there on halloween with a few friends.. I was literally leaning agaibst the front door and my mate took a photo.. On look back at it we seen a pair of red eyes at the sIde of my head looking over my shoulders .. Its one of the most haunted places in England.. Google it ..

over a year ago

"Does anyone know any good Abandoned Mental Hospitals in the UK mainly around Devon area.. Always liked walking round old places and i think its fascinating..

I know of a few but not any around the areas im in lol.. "

Has someone just started watching season 2 of American horror story by chance?

over a year ago

"That's a bit like 'very unique'.

WTF is very unique about?"

I ment really haunted lol.. My lack of observation again haha..

over a year ago

"I know loads of places in Warrington area.. Like Bewsey Old Hall.. Very haunted..

I had to have a chuckle at that. What does 'very haunted' mean exactly? Does it have ghost parties or sommat? More than one ghost? A rather scary ghost moreso than his/her/its contemporaries?

It means fucking scarey as fuck lol... I went there on halloween with a few friends.. I was literally leaning agaibst the front door and my mate took a photo.. On look back at it we seen a pair of red eyes at the sIde of my head looking over my shoulders .. Its one of the most haunted places in England.. Google it .. "

Why not go there on a day other than Halloween and see if the scary red eyes are there that day too. I've never heard such a load of old hogwash in my life. Red eyes indeed. It was probably another person creeping in to have a looksee and on hearing you and ya chum larking about they thought YOU were the ghosts and crept up just as your mate took the photo. Hey presto, red eyes.

over a year ago

It means fucking scarey as fuck lol... I went there on halloween with a few friends.. I was literally leaning agaibst the front door and my mate took a photo.. On look back at it we seen a pair of red eyes at the sIde of my head looking over my shoulders .. Its one of the most haunted places in England.. Google it ..

Why not go there on a day other than Halloween and see if the scary red eyes are there that day too. I've never heard such a load of old hogwash in my life. Red eyes indeed. It was probably another person creeping in to have a looksee and on hearing you and ya chum larking about they thought YOU were the ghosts and crept up just as your mate took the photo. Hey presto, red eyes."

I would normally accept that as a logical explination... But i was LEANING against a big wooded medevil door.. There was nothing between me and the door apart from a few millimeters of my jacket.. My shoulders were pressed firmly against the wood of the door.. How the hell.can someone stand behind me.. I dont even believe in ghosts..

Seriously i asked what question and i get made fun off..

Yeah you might think i bullshit alot but i actually dont.. Thats the thing..

I did hitch hike to Devon.. I was going to travel the world in march but unfortunately my dad fell ill and sadly died..

I do loads of photography.. I use my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S2 with an 8 mp camera.. Not exactly professional but it takes good pics..

All i asked was is there any abandoned hospitals in a certain area..

Sorry if this offends you but getting sick of people digging all the time...

over a year ago

Maybe you are a tad suggestible. People who have fervent imaginations are usually easier to hypnotise for example. I have a sceptical nature and I can't be hypnotised (it's been tried), and I don't believe in ghosts, even if one 'appeared' in front of me the logical part of me would insist that I am unwell and hallucinating.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Sorry if this offends you but getting sick of people digging all the time... "

You started it!

over a year ago

"Maybe you are a tad suggestible. People who have fervent imaginations are usually easier to hypnotise for example. I have a sceptical nature and I can't be hypnotised (it's been tried), and I don't believe in ghosts, even if one 'appeared' in front of me the logical part of me would insist that I am unwell and hallucinating."

My dad used to call me a doubting thomas.. Because i dont believe anything untill i see it.. At the moment i still dont believe my dad is dead because i havent seen his coffin.. My mind wont let me believe anything untill there is visual proof.. Hence why im so interested in History, Millitary Weapons, Accient methods of torture, Egyptology, Greek Mythology.. I am really intelegent when it comes to things like this..

There was about 3 pics taken on 2 phones.. 2 pics had red eyes and one didnt and they was taken one after another..

If you can explain it then please go a head..

By *arl828Man
over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

If you want a good one up north, there's the old mental hospital just outside Edinburgh, we went in there years ago and the walls in the cells still had some disturbing paintings on them done by the patients, I'm not too sure if we should have been there but it was worth a look. They also used to use it as a film set, but don't ask me what films? Maybe someone from the Livingston area could give you a better idea of where it is?

over a year ago

"If you want a good one up north, there's the old mental hospital just outside Edinburgh, we went in there years ago and the walls in the cells still had some disturbing paintings on them done by the patients, I'm not too sure if we should have been there but it was worth a look. They also used to use it as a film set, but don't ask me what films? Maybe someone from the Livingston area could give you a better idea of where it is?

"

Thanks bud will check it out..

By *arl828Man
over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

"If you want a good one up north, there's the old mental hospital just outside Edinburgh, we went in there years ago and the walls in the cells still had some disturbing paintings on them done by the patients, I'm not too sure if we should have been there but it was worth a look. They also used to use it as a film set, but don't ask me what films? Maybe someone from the Livingston area could give you a better idea of where it is?

Thanks bud will check it out.. "

When I say years ago, I meand about 8, it might not be there now, or converted to flats or something.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ive been reading about Broadmoor Hospital, very sad, i dont think id like to visit empty, old ones, full of pain and tortured souls of the past.

over a year ago

"Ive been reading about Broadmoor Hospital, very sad, i dont think id like to visit empty, old ones, full of pain and tortured souls of the past. "

There is one i forget where it is.. It still had all the equipment and beds in there.. Very creepy..

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Ive been reading about Broadmoor Hospital, very sad, i dont think id like to visit empty, old ones, full of pain and tortured souls of the past.

There is one i forget where it is.. It still had all the equipment and beds in there.. Very creepy.. "

dont you think its sad? And hope you find what you are looking for, some great reading material also about, they released details of Broadmoor patients from the victorian era, very very interesting.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

There's a couple of good sites around Gogarburn (the new home of RBS), the Royal Edinburgh Hospital in Morningside, and a number of the big houses around Embra and down into the Borders which were used as military convalescent homes during WWII.

I think the one near Livvy is at Bangour.

over a year ago

"Ive been reading about Broadmoor Hospital, very sad, i dont think id like to visit empty, old ones, full of pain and tortured souls of the past.

There is one i forget where it is.. It still had all the equipment and beds in there.. Very creepy.. dont you think its sad? And hope you find what you are looking for, some great reading material also about, they released details of Broadmoor patients from the victorian era, very very interesting."

Can you inbox me details on where to find these please.. Would be really interested in reading up on it.. Thank you..

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

You googled and got nothing op ?

Try Derelictplaces,28dayslater ,northwestexploration. All good urbex sites loads of info to help you on those .

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I am guessing you might like a programme called Bedlam

over a year ago

I don't know any in Devon but there were 2 big ones here.

City full of nut jobs lol

1 closed some time ago and the other only in recent years...There are plans to turn the big one in to apartments,like everything else here...its become a city full of flats.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have a friend who is a semi professional photographer and recently went to Chernobyl the photos he got there are incredibly atmospheric and you can almost see echoes of past happenings in them. I know that is nowhere near where you want but I understand the type of thing you're after. You said in a previous post that you want to take up photography if I remember rightly and there are loads of locations if you look about even on your own doorstep, hope you have fun with it.

over a year ago

"I have a friend who is a semi professional photographer and recently went to Chernobyl the photos he got there are incredibly atmospheric and you can almost see echoes of past happenings in them. I know that is nowhere near where you want but I understand the type of thing you're after. You said in a previous post that you want to take up photography if I remember rightly and there are loads of locations if you look about even on your own doorstep, hope you have fun with it."

ryans pics are amazing aren't they? the gas childrens gas masks scattered all over the floor, sad and forlorn id say

over a year ago

We used to have a amazing one this way but its been torn down and houses built

over a year ago

One of my friends is heavily involved in this scene and travels all over Europe. While the asylum pictures are interesting I personally prefer those. in power stations an sewage works. Though I think the best I have seen were an abandoned theme park in Europe. Or the ones within the Olympic Stadium when it was still in the early stages of construction.

Having an idea how much effort goes in to these trips I'm not sure it's something you should be considering if you are struggling to even find the websites.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

It means fucking scarey as fuck lol... I went there on halloween with a few friends.. I was literally leaning agaibst the front door and my mate took a photo.. On look back at it we seen a pair of red eyes at the sIde of my head looking over my shoulders .. Its one of the most haunted places in England.. Google it .. "

Internal reflections in the lens of the camera ! Most photos of 'ghosts' are usually explained by the same thing, or light falling through windows onto dust.

There is no such thing as ghosts !

Post new Message to Thread