Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Manchester Hotel

Jump to newest

By *ce-2u OP   Man
over a year ago

winsford,Chester & wirral

we are coming to Manchester to see the Lion King in March anyone recomend a nice cheap Hotel with Parking close to the Palace Theatre.

x x x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"we are coming to Manchester to see the Lion King in March anyone recomend a nice cheap Hotel with Parking close to the Palace Theatre.

x x x "

Adam and Eves club is not far from there..

By *ce-2u OP   Man
over a year ago

Thanks we know the club just need a Hotel for the night, any ideas?

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

The Place has some good deals on laterooms etc - goregous converted mill and well worth the £70 or so - very spacious appartment rooms and very well furnoshed . Its about a 10 minute walk down Portland street to the Opera house

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

sorry 10 mins to the Palace

over a year ago

"Thanks we know the club just need a Hotel for the night, any ideas? "

I think parking might be an issue with most of the city centre ones - last time I stayed in the city was several years ago at the Alias Rossetti which was nice (quite new at the time) but I had to park in a nearby NCP. Castlefield Hotel at Castlefield is ok-ish and I think there's a Jury's Inn near the university, which is probably as cheap as you'll find in the city while still being reasonably nice

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

theres plenty of car parks in the city centre - and its free onroad from 8 - 8 I believe

over a year ago

I like the Lowry and the Velvet Hotel on Canal Street when I visit

over a year ago

Very few hotels have parking and those that do have limited space and charge for it.

You may be better staying slightly out of town and catching the tram or bus into the City Centre.

Parking is expensive and charges apply on street at all times up to 8pm and start again at 8am.

over a year ago

"we are coming to Manchester to see the Lion King in March anyone recomend a nice cheap Hotel with Parking close to the Palace Theatre.

x x x "

went to see lion king in december its awesome

over a year ago

premier inn at shudehill, with ample parking nearby but check prices

over a year ago

Would you look at leaving the car at home and getting the train in ?

Near The Palace, you have (from memory), The Palace Hotel, Ibis (Portland Street), The Hilton, Jurys Inn, Premier Inn facing Manchester Central, The Midland and the Radisson-Edwardian. City Inn (Mint) on the outskirts of the Village is a 10 min walk as are the Ramada Piccadilly, The Portland Thistle and The Britannia (tho I hate that hotel with a vengeance).

There will be more too, but very few with their own parking

Enjoy the show !

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Stay at the travelodge at the trafford centre free parking good transport till late lots of places to eat shop etc

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Novotel has parking, and the Place has 2 car parks more or less on its doorstep. One a multistory the other on open land - both relatively cheap On street is easy enough so long as you get up and pay for a few hours before you check out

By *ce-2u OP   Man
over a year ago

thanks everyone booked one just out of city, fellowfields area i think it said xx x so looking forward to the Show

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

fallowfield is a £15 taxi ride or so - enjoy the show

By *ce-2u OP   Man
over a year ago

ok thanks didnt know that

over a year ago

Booking.com

By *orniIndianCouple
over a year ago

St Albans

What is a Britannia hotel like ? Looking to spend a couple nights there for work

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/02/13 08:38:10]

over a year ago

"What is a Britannia hotel like ? Looking to spend a couple nights there for work"

I have stayed once and that was enough !

Firstly, we were allocated a room with no windows and the management refused to change the room (bearing in mind we had paid full whack, not a last minute deal)

Secondly, a guest who staying with us was told he could not come back into the hotel as his wife had booked the room in her name only and he wasn't named on the guest list.

It got to the stage where the police were called as the receptionist called the door staff in to eject him.

There is a nightclub under the hotel which is full of very noisy revellers at a weekend - hence the need for door staff on a hotel.

We complained to the group head office and were told basically that they weren't interested and that they stood by the receptionists decision - not on the guest list, you ain't coming in, whether it's your wife or not.

Forgot I was on Fab for a minute there, went into TripAdvisor mode

over a year ago

"What is a Britannia hotel like ? Looking to spend a couple nights there for work

I have stayed once and that was enough !

Firstly, we were allocated a room with no windows and the management refused to change the room (bearing in mind we had paid full whack, not a last minute deal)

Secondly, a guest who staying with us was told he could not come back into the hotel as his wife had booked the room in her name only and he wasn't named on the guest list.

It got to the stage where the police were called as the receptionist called the door staff in to eject him.

There is a nightclub under the hotel which is full of very noisy revellers at a weekend - hence the need for door staff on a hotel.

We complained to the group head office and were told basically that they weren't interested and that they stood by the receptionists decision - not on the guest list, you ain't coming in, whether it's your wife or not.

Forgot I was on Fab for a minute there, went into TripAdvisor mode "

thank god i didnt book there,, came pretty close

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"What is a Britannia hotel like ? Looking to spend a couple nights there for work"

S hite

By *andS_GlasgowCouple
over a year ago

Giffnock

Crowne Plaza - great hotel with very good deals !!!

By *orniIndianCouple
over a year ago

St Albans

Thanks gave it a miss and gone for the macD...;)

Anyone about to play, social drink etc ... Just the me - Mr HI

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"fallowfield is a £15 taxi ride or so - enjoy the show"

Or you can get a bus along Wilmslow road.

Post new Message to Thread