Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cycling today

Jump to newest

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

Possibly the wrong type of website to be discussing this but is anyone getting out on their bicycles today?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am, but only to work out where a funny clicking noise is coming from.

Reply privately

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

Not the wrong place at all, the lounge is for all sorts of chit chat/opinions etc

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

Oh no, the dreaded clicking noise, I hope you locate it mate, nothing more annoying!

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

Thanks Sophia, are you a cyclist? I guess we are a strange bunch and will use any opportunity to talk about and bore people with it...lol!!

Reply privately

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Thanks Sophia, are you a cyclist? I guess we are a strange bunch and will use any opportunity to talk about and bore people with it...lol!!"

No I don't cycle, but lots of people I have chatted to on here do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am, but only to work out where a funny clicking noise is coming from."

You're getting to that age mate, it might not be from your bike

Reply privately

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

Oh, and click on 'reply and quote', then you don't need to quote someone's name, and everyone knows what and who you are responding to

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

It's a great sport/hobby to do, and very easy to get obsessed with, you should try it sometime, it can take you to some spectacular places...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am, but only to work out where a funny clicking noise is coming from.

You're getting to that age mate, it might not be from your bike "

It might well be that given the state of my right knee!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Possibly the wrong type of website to be discussing this but is anyone getting out on their bicycles today?"

I ride locally 10 miles, gravel/adventure bike never been a road cyclist as such

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

You're getting to that age mate, it might not be from your bike "

harsh....but I am starting to have clicking knees!

Reply privately

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

when i cycle i know exactly where clicking noise is coming from,,

Reply privately

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"when i cycle i know exactly where clicking noise is coming from,,"

Knees ?

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

"Possibly the wrong type of website to be discussing this but is anyone getting out on their bicycles today?

I ride locally 10 miles, gravel/adventure bike never been a road cyclist as such "

I'm kind of the same mate, roads are too scary nowadays, best to get off them at any opportunity, thats what I like about gravel. I'm going to the UK gravel champs in a couple of weeks, should be a fun weekend

Reply privately

over a year ago

harsh....but I am starting to have clicking knees! "

Not harsh, just a reality of having lived a life

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

No I'm not, but I really should. I used to cycle and loved it but totally got out the habit. It's the hills here that put me off starting again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Possibly the wrong type of website to be discussing this but is anyone getting out on their bicycles today?

I ride locally 10 miles, gravel/adventure bike never been a road cyclist as such

I'm kind of the same mate, roads are too scary nowadays, best to get off them at any opportunity, thats what I like about gravel. I'm going to the UK gravel champs in a couple of weeks, should be a fun weekend"

Are you competing ?

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

harsh....but I am starting to have clicking knees!

Not harsh, just a reality of having lived a life "

Reply privately

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"when i cycle i know exactly where clicking noise is coming from,,

Knees ?"

,,, yes you can hear them in kidsgrove

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

I'm kind of the same mate, roads are too scary nowadays, best to get off them at any opportunity, thats what I like about gravel. I'm going to the UK gravel champs in a couple of weeks, should be a fun weekend

Are you competing ?"

Yes, but not expecting much, I'm in the 50 - 55 year old bracket... ...you gotta be in it to win it I guess!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It might well be that given the state of my right knee!!"

have u tried THE ULTRA ELITE KNEE SLEEVE

I find it helps with knee issues massively

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you competing ?

Yes, but not expecting much, I'm in the 50 - 55 year old bracket... ...you gotta be in it to win it I guess!!"

I have a friend that still competes in BMX, he loves it. Except when he comes off, he feels every one of his 51 yrs then

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

"No I'm not, but I really should. I used to cycle and loved it but totally got out the habit. It's the hills here that put me off starting again."

Defo get out whilst you still can, I'm envious of the hills up your way, wish there were more around my way....perhaps we should swap areas!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you competing ?

Yes, but not expecting much, I'm in the 50 - 55 year old bracket... ...you gotta be in it to win it I guess!!"

That's excellent, I'd be in the next bracket up where we start a day earlier and finish a day later

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

Are you competing ?

Yes, but not expecting much, I'm in the 50 - 55 year old bracket... ...you gotta be in it to win it I guess!!

I have a friend that still competes in BMX, he loves it. Except when he comes off, he feels every one of his 51 yrs then "

Awesome, BMX is how my love of cycling started, good on him

Reply privately

over a year ago

Urgh reading this reminds me why I need to get out on my other 4 bikes, and perhaps don't deserve the eBike.

But, I wants it. Needs it.

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

Are you competing ?

That's excellent, I'd be in the next bracket up where we start a day earlier and finish a day later "

I dont take it or myself to seriously, but its fun and sociable, the night ride will be a laugh. Battle on the Beach in Wales is similar and great fun, you should google it...

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

"Urgh reading this reminds me why I need to get out on my other 4 bikes, and perhaps don't deserve the eBike.

But, I wants it. Needs it."

I'm getting a bigger shed, so i can justify more bikes....

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

Right, thanks for the chat and motivation guys and girls, time to get my lycra on....apologies for leaving you with that image....have a great day everyone....n get on on ya bikes!!

Reply privately

By *llaandGCouple
over a year ago

London

"Possibly the wrong type of website to be discussing this but is anyone getting out on their bicycles today?"

Sadly not, but I was out yesterday with mates getting a good lung and thigh workout! Anyone a member of a cycling club with plenty of women in it?

Ella

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you competing ?

That's excellent, I'd be in the next bracket up where we start a day earlier and finish a day later

I dont take it or myself to seriously, but its fun and sociable, the night ride will be a laugh. Battle on the Beach in Wales is similar and great fun, you should google it..."

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

Sadly not, but I was out yesterday with mates getting a good lung and thigh workout! Anyone a member of a cycling club with plenty of women in it?

Ella"

I'm not a member but I think the oxford Condors have a lot of female members

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ella"

Not a clue about London clubs but there is a mountain bike off road club for women in Northampton

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was the bottom bracket.

Reply privately

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

No was feeling super lazy but lovely day for it.

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

I did some 40km in the hills. Same yesterday. I'm feeling it for sure. All back roads in terrible condition. Not ideal for a road bike with 25mm tyres. I'm currently looking at maps planning my next trip out

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

It was the bottom bracket."

time for a new one?

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

"I did some 40km in the hills. Same yesterday. I'm feeling it for sure. All back roads in terrible condition. Not ideal for a road bike with 25mm tyres. I'm currently looking at maps planning my next trip out "

Good on ya, perfect day for it, how's the weather over your way? Ride with GPS is a good site for routes

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

"No was feeling super lazy but lovely day for it. "

I had my lazy day yesterday after Bunkfest on the Friday, do you know it? Weather looking good for the week ahead so plenty of more chances for you!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

time for a new one?"

Yes it was totally shot, still I think it is the original one I had when I bought it. It's had a good innings.

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"I did some 40km in the hills. Same yesterday. I'm feeling it for sure. All back roads in terrible condition. Not ideal for a road bike with 25mm tyres. I'm currently looking at maps planning my next trip out

Good on ya, perfect day for it, how's the weather over your way? Ride with GPS is a good site for routes"

Beautiful weather. I'm out early. I'm riding routes I rode years ago. Some of the descents have me wondering how I managed back then with side pull brakes. Obviously had zero fear or thought I was immortal.

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

time for a new one?

Yes it was totally shot, still I think it is the original one I had when I bought it. It's had a good innings."

Its odd how some seem to last ages and others wear pretty quick...!

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

"I did some 40km in the hills. Same yesterday. I'm feeling it for sure. All back roads in terrible condition. Not ideal for a road bike with 25mm tyres. I'm currently looking at maps planning my next trip out

Good on ya, perfect day for it, how's the weather over your way? Ride with GPS is a good site for routes

Beautiful weather. I'm out early. I'm riding routes I rode years ago. Some of the descents have me wondering how I managed back then with side pull brakes. Obviously had zero fear or thought I was immortal."

lol....I'm definitely not as gung ho as i was years ago, getting old n sensible!!

Reply privately

By *atfighterMan
over a year ago

Aldridge

63 miles with my club today. Nice easy pace, great company and fantastic weather. Absolute bliss.

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
over a year ago

Wantage

"63 miles with my club today. Nice easy pace, great company and fantastic weather. Absolute bliss."

Quite right, a perfect weather for it and more in the days ahead by the sounds of it. I did a similar distance and easy pace, loved it!

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
38 weeks ago

cambridge

Looking for a cycling partner in cambridge area

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

"Oh, and click on 'reply and quote', then you don't need to quote someone's name, and everyone knows what and who you are responding to "

You didn't!

Reply privately

By *pen2UMan
38 weeks ago

Telford

Nahh, not here. I usually go when the weather is warm so I can get sweaty and enjoy the coldness of the soaking wet clothes against the skin when the wind hits it!

Most of the time, I end up jerking off somewhere and hope I can caught and be joined in by them

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
36 weeks ago

Leeds

Shocking my first outing on the road bike this year. I was a struggle to do 60 miles. Absolutely knackered now...

Reply privately

By *randMrs45Couple
35 weeks ago

Birmingham

I need to start going out soon as I’ve a 70 mile ride in March and haven’t been out since November, I was meant to be going out today but one thing or another and that was that….I probably need a cycling buddy so I can’t make an excuse not to go

Reply privately

35 weeks ago

"I need to start going out soon as I’ve a 70 mile ride in March and haven’t been out since November, I was meant to be going out today but one thing or another and that was that….I probably need a cycling buddy so I can’t make an excuse not to go"

Cycling buddies are good especially if you are of a similar standard and can push each other.

I used to cycle in a triathlon club and the tendency is for people to try and outdo the others and average speeds just kept increasing to a point where it was no longer worth it

Reply privately

By *eductive_chaosWoman
35 weeks ago

Northumberland

I'm going out to an indoor cycle if that counts?

Its been a nice day for it though, I did go out walking.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
35 weeks ago

Dorchester

your knee oh no

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
35 weeks ago

ashford

Must get back out on mine soon! Been to long! Going from cycling daily to rarely now I've retired! Not good! X

Reply privately

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
35 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

Went out yesterday..114 miles... furthest so far this year...ooh did I feel it when I got home..

Reply privately

By *randMrs45Couple
35 weeks ago

Birmingham

"I need to start going out soon as I’ve a 70 mile ride in March and haven’t been out since November, I was meant to be going out today but one thing or another and that was that….I probably need a cycling buddy so I can’t make an excuse not to go

Cycling buddies are good especially if you are of a similar standard and can push each other.

I used to cycle in a triathlon club and the tendency is for people to try and outdo the others and average speeds just kept increasing to a point where it was no longer worth it "

I’ve often thought of a cycle club but always get put off from certain cycling elitism…I think that’s why I always cycle alone…plus the fact it’s nice to get out of the house for some peace and quiet

Reply privately

35 weeks ago

"I need to start going out soon as I’ve a 70 mile ride in March and haven’t been out since November, I was meant to be going out today but one thing or another and that was that….I probably need a cycling buddy so I can’t make an excuse not to go

I used to cycle in a triathlon club and the tendency is for people to try and outdo the others and average speeds just kept increasing to a point where it was no longer worth it

I’ve often thought of a cycle club but always get put off from certain cycling elitism…I think that’s why I always cycle alone…plus the fact it’s nice to get out of the house for some peace and quiet "

You definitely need to find the “right” club where would you wear or rides doesn’t define you!!

For me I agree, a massive head clear

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
35 weeks ago

Leeds

"I need to start going out soon as I’ve a 70 mile ride in March and haven’t been out since November, I was meant to be going out today but one thing or another and that was that….I probably need a cycling buddy so I can’t make an excuse not to go"

That's going to be an interesting first ride...the weather is improving so you just need to find the motivation to get out

Reply privately

By *ussy whisperer1000Man
35 weeks ago

redditch

"Must get back out on mine soon! Been to long! Going from cycling daily to rarely now I've retired! Not good! X"
I brought a motorcycle much easier on the knees lol

Reply privately

By *ust RachelTV/TS
35 weeks ago

Horsham

I need to get out on the bike, but need to get a decent pair of shorts. All the ones I have cut me at the top of the thighs, ev3n when I slap on a load of saddle soap. It still rubs and I end up getting a cut.

Reply privately

35 weeks ago

"I need to get out on the bike, but need to get a decent pair of shorts. All the ones I have cut me at the top of the thighs, ev3n when I slap on a load of saddle soap. It still rubs and I end up getting a cut."

In all honesty I have tried all makes from cheap to expensive. The ones o have found work best for me are Aldi!! They have a good gel pad not foam plus they are sized to your size, so large is large etc

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
35 weeks ago

Leeds

"I need to get out on the bike, but need to get a decent pair of shorts. All the ones I have cut me at the top of the thighs, ev3n when I slap on a load of saddle soap. It still rubs and I end up getting a cut."

What makes have you tried?

I'm a big Assos fan, they are pricey but fit well and comfortable

Reply privately

By *achel SmythTV/TS
35 weeks ago

Farnborough

I am a lapsed Cylcist …. but need to get back on my bike(s) physically and metaphorically.

I got myself very fit, and lost loads of weight cycling, and have done the London 100 three times now. Im also a devotee of spinning too. It is- or was my chosen ‘phys’.

Over the last couple of years though I’ve done less and less of both, but do sooooo need to get back to both and remind myself just how enjoyable it is!

I still have my Lycra … and still shave my legs … any excuse!! lol xx

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
35 weeks ago

ashford

"Must get back out on mine soon! Been to long! Going from cycling daily to rarely now I've retired! Not good! XI brought a motorcycle much easier on the knees lol"

I will get back to it! I rode a electric cycle in rome in Oct was lovely but I prefer to pedal x

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
35 weeks ago

ashford

"Went out yesterday..114 miles... furthest so far this year...ooh did I feel it when I got home.."

Wow! Well done! x

Reply privately

By *night in armourMan
35 weeks ago

stafford

Wow great so many people still enjoying a bit of cycling all ages too which is what it’s all about having a go x

Reply privately

By *randMrs45Couple
35 weeks ago

Birmingham

That's going to be an interesting first ride...the weather is improving so you just need to find the motivation to get out"

That’s easier said than done lately to be honest….Ive a day off work Thursday so I’ll try get out then

Reply privately

By *entleman JayMan
35 weeks ago

Wakefield

Went out yesterday, with a friend in Derbyshire.

Reply privately

By *randMrs45Couple
35 weeks ago

Birmingham

Went for my first ride in nearly 3 months this morning, 19 miles, not much but at least I’ve been out….wasn’t as bad as I thought but I’ve lost so much fitness so quickly.

Reply privately

By *ust RachelTV/TS
35 weeks ago

Horsham

"I need to get out on the bike, but need to get a decent pair of shorts. All the ones I have cut me at the top of the thighs, ev3n when I slap on a load of saddle soap. It still rubs and I end up getting a cut.

What makes have you tried?

I'm a big Assos fan, they are pricey but fit well and comfortable "

So far a few brands of Amazon (yes, I know I deserve it, buying from their), another pair from Decathelon. Never had an issue before, but all the shorts now, seem to have a ridge on the foam, where it sits at the top of your leg.

Reply privately

By *loydyMan
35 weeks ago

British

nothing bloody worse

Reply privately

By *ihimbiherCouple
35 weeks ago

lightwater

I will be today. Only a 5 mile but will street the legs

Reply privately

By *atfighterMan
35 weeks ago

Aldridge

Currently recovering from surgery. I tried a cheeky flat 30 minutes and now I understand why I was told to leave it a couple of months.

Reply privately

35 weeks ago

Got a nice 50mls Sunday morning. Nice coffee and cake half way.

Reply privately

By *andyman4uanddiscreetMan
35 weeks ago

oxford

I used to get out cycling but got bored as needed somwone oe a group to join me and keep me motivated

Reply privately

By *onnycMan
35 weeks ago

Doncaster

I'm a cyclist and have been for the last 25 years plus but just a mountain bike not road one

Reply privately

By *archelCouple
35 weeks ago

A field somewhere

Take thee crank arm off the bb and clean it out, then tighten it up again, it's a common place to start

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
35 weeks ago

Leeds

.6 miles of 80 miles today. Windy as hell and absolutely knackered now.

Reply privately

By *escourtesMan
35 weeks ago

hereford

Ive got mine set up on turbo trainer in house at mo, been using it to get legs in shape for skiing.

Reply privately

By *randMrs45Couple
34 weeks ago

Birmingham

21 hilly miles done this morning…no rain which was a bonus..mild but breezy…all in all a good ride

Reply privately

By *J swingCouple
34 weeks ago

North

A friend of mine went out yesterday on his bike with friends and he clocked up 60 miles, yes 60 miles on a rd bike

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
34 weeks ago

Cardiff

Both been on zwift today as weather has been crap all weekend.. any other zwifters here?

Reply privately

34 weeks ago

Can’t get to grips with zwift, kept falling off focusing on the wrong things. I just have a timer and a speedo. I’m on rollers though trying to level up my sides after an injury.

Started going out on the e-bike on dry days too. That’s making me smile but I really need to upgrade its brakes. They are so rubbish that I’m squealing louder than they are when we need to stop.

Reply privately

34 weeks ago

Like a bit of Zwift when it’s wet outside. Alp du Zwift is my favourite. You guys look like you’re pretty handy on the bike!

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
34 weeks ago

Leeds

"Both been on zwift today as weather has been crap all weekend.. any other zwifters here? "

I have been known to Zwift

Reply privately

By *amelhunterMan
34 weeks ago

newcastle

i would, if the wind was not ranging from 20 to 40 miles per hour gusts.

Reply privately

By *oquars19458Man
34 weeks ago

sheffield

I'm kind of the same mate, roads are too scary nowadays, best to get off them at any opportunity, thats what I like about gravel. I'm going to the UK gravel champs in a couple of weeks, should be a fun weekend"

Clicking noise?

Probably moisture in yer bottom bracket, oo er maytron

Reply privately

By *oquars19458Man
34 weeks ago

sheffield

"No I'm not, but I really should. I used to cycle and loved it but totally got out the habit. It's the hills here that put me off starting again."

I bet you look lovely in lycra

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
34 weeks ago

Cardiff

"Like a bit of Zwift when it’s wet outside. Alp du Zwift is my favourite. You guys look like you’re pretty handy on the bike!"
building up to alpe du zwift. Only just started so a few weeks in.

Reply privately

By *erry bull1Man
34 weeks ago

doncaster

I suffered from the dreaded clicking noise , I took my bike to the repair shop

The guy said ride round the yard,

He then turned and said , thought so , you’re knees are knackered

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
34 weeks ago

Leeds

"I suffered from the dreaded clicking noise , I took my bike to the repair shop

The guy said ride round the yard,

He then turned and said , thought so , you’re knees are knackered "

Time for an electric bike?

Reply privately

By *oodguy71p OP   Man
30 weeks ago

Wantage

The weather is looking good so who is cycling today or this weekend, anyone want to join my peloton??

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
29 weeks ago

cambridge

I went out Saturday morning hopefully weather will start getting better now

Reply privately

By *hedark_knightMan
29 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Went out last week. Weathers been pretty grim this weekend and looks about the same. However news that the sun is no longer going to be setting before 6 is encouraging. Looking to start putting in the miles over the next couple months.

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
29 weeks ago

Cardiff

Jumped on zwift the last few days, rain forcing us to cycle indoors for now.. roll on a few days or weeks of sun..

Majorca cycling in June for a week to look forward to also..

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
29 weeks ago

cambridge

"Jumped on zwift the last few days, rain forcing us to cycle indoors for now.. roll on a few days or weeks of sun..

Majorca cycling in June for a week to look forward to also.. "

Nice you both going there to cycle?

Reply privately

By *andadbodMan
29 weeks ago

Liverpool

I was like a soggy rag by time i got to work this morning, totally soaked all the way through thanks to the torrential rain

Reply privately

By *ackdaw52Man
29 weeks ago

Chesterfield

Motorists cruising this thread looking for something to get angry about...

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
29 weeks ago

ashford

Did my first mountain bike race 2 weeks back. Loved it! Although the quad cramp by the end was horrific.

May need to get back on zwift to get the cardio back!

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
29 weeks ago

Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 12/03/24 23:28:44]

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
29 weeks ago

the land of saints & sinners

"Jumped on zwift the last few days, rain forcing us to cycle indoors for now.. roll on a few days or weeks of sun.. "

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong type of clothing.

Also see Rules #5, #9 and #21 of the Velominati…..

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
29 weeks ago

Cardiff

"Jumped on zwift the last few days, rain forcing us to cycle indoors for now.. roll on a few days or weeks of sun..

Nice you both going there to cycle?"

uh, majorca cycling kind of gives it away doesn't it?? Unless there's a place called majorcacycling??

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
29 weeks ago

cambridge

Nice you both going there to cycle?uh, majorca cycling kind of gives it away doesn't it?? Unless there's a place called majorcacycling?? "

Some couples only one goes out cycling so thought is was a fair questions

Reply privately

By *ybermanMan
29 weeks ago

Comberton

Only when the weather gets better

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
29 weeks ago

Leeds

I can see people have/are going to Majorca. I've been there and Calpe just wondering if people had been anywhere else that was good for cycling.

Thanks

Reply privately

By *orny IrishMan
28 weeks ago

Rural Wiltshire

So my cycling has been hit and miss since Christmas, mainly because I went out and really struggled. HR was high and I struggled for breath. I now know that was due to atrial fibrillation, so my HR will speed up at times and gives a sensation of fluttering. At least it confirms that the HRM was not faulty reading 200bpm+. I have been advised to take it easy and stop as required. So yesterday I went out solo so I could just ride along at my own pace and see how I get on. So hopefully it will be sorted in the not too distant future. I am just glad to be back out. Happy St Patrick's day all

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
28 weeks ago

Get out most day for a 20 mile cycle commute.

Plus a number of road and MTB cycle events this year….

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
28 weeks ago

Cardiff

" I can see people have/are going to Majorca. I've been there and Calpe just wondering if people had been anywhere else that was good for cycling.

Thanks "

we did lanzarote in November and absolutely loved it for cycling.. Well worth a trip..

Reply privately

28 weeks ago

Pretty much every week in the Group A chain gang…generally two 45km rides at pace and a Sunday leisurely pub ride

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
28 weeks ago

Leeds

" I can see people have/are going to Majorca. I've been there and Calpe just wondering if people had been anywhere else that was good for cycling.

Thanks we did lanzarote in November and absolutely loved it for cycling.. Well worth a trip.. "

Thanks where abouts did you base yourself. Did you hire bikes out there or take your own?

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
28 weeks ago

Cardiff

We stayed in Costa teguise and hired bikes there. Giant tcr,s 3 rides we did over 4 days. Lots of climbing if that's your thing?

Reply privately

28 weeks ago

Just got bike back from service/repair but not today - too bloody windy and cold.

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
28 weeks ago

Cardiff

I'm venturing out tomorrow after a few months on zwift.

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
27 weeks ago

Leeds

"We stayed in Costa teguise and hired bikes there. Giant tcr,s 3 rides we did over 4 days. Lots of climbing if that's your thing? "

Thanks will look into it

Used to really enjoy climbing when I was fitter but lighter

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
27 weeks ago

Leeds

"Just got bike back from service/repair but not today - too bloody windy and cold."

I braved it yesterday it was hard work riding out into a headwind and it wasn't pleasant when it hailed for a bit...at least the way back was easier

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
27 weeks ago

cambridge

"Just got bike back from service/repair but not today - too bloody windy and cold.

I braved it yesterday it was hard work riding out into a headwind and it wasn't pleasant when it hailed for a bit...at least the way back was easier "

You did well then

Reply privately

By *urenutsMan
27 weeks ago

waltham cross/Harrow HA1

Need to link up with some round my area. Get out riding

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
27 weeks ago

cambridge

"Need to link up with some round my area. Get out riding "

It's hard to find someone on here to ride with

Reply privately

By *orny IrishMan
27 weeks ago

Rural Wiltshire

"Need to link up with some round my area. Get out riding "

Have you tried link-my-ride? It may allow you to find others.

Reply privately

27 weeks ago

Just got in from a 35 mile ride, not too shabby for a flabby like me

Reply privately

By *parrow77Man
27 weeks ago

cheshire

Just been for nice 6.5 mile ride after shops and stuff was amazing be out again first ride of yr due to health a work etc but missed it.

Not much but it’s a nice ride on the mountain bike

Reply privately

27 weeks ago

"Just been for nice 6.5 mile ride after shops and stuff was amazing be out again first ride of yr due to health a work etc but missed it.

Not much but it’s a nice ride on the mountain bike"

Mountain bikes are always harder to ride longer distances, 6.5 is pretty good going for a first ride out. Hope you enjoyed it

Reply privately

By *parrow77Man
27 weeks ago

cheshire

"Just been for nice 6.5 mile ride after shops and stuff was amazing be out again first ride of yr due to health a work etc but missed it.

Not much but it’s a nice ride on the mountain bike

Mountain bikes are always harder to ride longer distances, 6.5 is pretty good going for a first ride out. Hope you enjoyed it "

I know my ex had hybrid and was so much easier.

Loved it nice trail/track near me so was fun and very quiet once off the roads so was good.

You did loads on yours do you always do long rides

Reply privately

27 weeks ago

I'm out cycling right now! Lovely day for it

Reply privately

27 weeks ago

"I know my ex had hybrid and was so much easier.

Loved it nice trail/track near me so was fun and very quiet once off the roads so was good.

You did loads on yours do you always do long rides"

Much like you I’m just starting getting out on the roads again after winter so just building up the stamina again. My usual ride is a 16mile circuit around the local villages that normally takes me just under an hour. Want to build up to do a 100k , just need a bit more endurance

Reply privately

By *parrow77Man
27 weeks ago

cheshire

"I know my ex had hybrid and was so much easier.

You did loads on yours do you always do long rides

Much like you I’m just starting getting out on the roads again after winter so just building up the stamina again. My usual ride is a 16mile circuit around the local villages that normally takes me just under an hour. Want to build up to do a 100k , just need a bit more endurance "

That’s amazing and good my normal ride is about 12ish when back into it as helps old knee injury/surgery issue but always so happy when out lol

Oh an helps cure a little horny state lmao

Hope you get more rides soon

Reply privately

By *Wman15Man
27 weeks ago

Manchester

"Just got in from a 35 mile ride, not too shabby for a flabby like me "

Top job Jaime

Reply privately

By *laytime_13Woman
27 weeks ago

Lincs

Short 20km on the road bike today, still getting used to cleats and of course managed to take a tumble. I’m fine but the bike will need some TLC and I’m supposed to be competing on it tomorrow, oops.

Then my friend is running an off road MTB race tomorrow so I dusted the mountain bike off and went and had a play out on the course in the sun this afternoon. Happy days

Reply privately

By *uckslut and MCouple
27 weeks ago

Poole

Wish we were out on the bikes today. But alass Mrs is working. We do have a pic showing the sights while we've been out cycling. We love tracks and trails.

Reply privately

By *uckslut and MCouple
27 weeks ago

Poole

From May & June last year.

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
26 weeks ago

Leeds

"Short 20km on the road bike today, still getting used to cleats and of course managed to take a tumble. I’m fine but the bike will need some TLC and I’m supposed to be competing on it tomorrow, oops.

Then my friend is running an off road MTB race tomorrow so I dusted the mountain bike off and went and had a play out on the course in the sun this afternoon. Happy days "

What cleat system did you go for? I started off using Shimano MTB SPD s with mountain bike shoes to start off with on my road bike and also wear on my winter/commuter bike

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
26 weeks ago

cambridge

Did ,30miles yesterday on gravel bike was hard

Reply privately

By *urfer01792Man
25 weeks ago

swansea

Anyone cycle in the Swansea area?

Reply privately

By *rahcir_cr3Man
25 weeks ago

Whyteleafe, Surrey

"Short 20km on the road bike today, still getting used to cleats and of course managed to take a tumble. I’m fine but the bike will need some TLC and I’m supposed to be competing on it tomorrow, oops.

Then my friend is running an off road MTB race tomorrow so I dusted the mountain bike off and went and had a play out on the course in the sun this afternoon. Happy days

What cleat system did you go for? I started off using Shimano MTB SPD s with mountain bike shoes to start off with on my road bike and also wear on my winter/commuter bike "

I started off with SPD-SL but switched to SPD last year, much more practical when off the bike & easier to connect with the cleat.

Anyone into Audax?

Reply privately

By *xonman53Man
25 weeks ago

Thame

Not today .. bottom bracket creaking so will be taking in bike for repair

Reply privately

By *escourtesMan
25 weeks ago

hereford

Majorca cycling in June for a week to look forward to also.. "

Majorcas great , very cycle friendly, I cycled round the island several years ago...

Reply privately

25 weeks ago

Finally got out on my bike first time in weeks. A combination of chest infection and decorating kept me in

Reply privately

By *wingamajigsCouple
25 weeks ago

Folkestone

Should have gone out today but had a crap nights sleep so went to the gym instead. Doing the MTB fitness app and its a killer.

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
25 weeks ago

Cardiff

Cheeky 30 miler for me today not bad considering I had knee surgery 2 weeks ago. Kneehab ride!!

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
24 weeks ago

Anyone doing Audax’s or Sportives this year?

I’ve got a few lined up

Heading up to Scotland in May for the Etape Caledonia another Fab’ers taking part?

Reply privately

24 weeks ago

I should've gone out today, was a perfect day for it.

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
24 weeks ago

cambridge

"Finally got out on my bike first time in weeks. A combination of chest infection and decorating kept me in"

What level are you be nice to have someone local to go out with

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
24 weeks ago

Leeds

"I should've gone out today, was a perfect day for it. "

Todays even better, I wish I could get out...

Reply privately

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"I will be today. Only a 5 mile but will street the legs"
i road mine

Reply privately

By *kyblue1878Couple
24 weeks ago

Southport

69 Lancashire miles yesterday.

Reply privately

24 weeks ago

Service day today, bearings were running a little rough so time for a strip and regrease. Might get in my quick 16mile loop later for a test ride if I’m finished quick enough . Nice weather for a ride for sure

Reply privately

By *eedee27Man
24 weeks ago

cambridge

"69 Lancashire miles yesterday."

Well done

Reply privately

By *360Man
24 weeks ago

Nottingham

Just got back a little windy but all good

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
24 weeks ago

ashford

3rd zwift session this week.

Almost an athlete! - my sore legs do now agree though haha

Reply privately

By *Spicey4MeMan
24 weeks ago

Leeds

"3rd zwift session this week.

Almost an athlete! - my sore legs do now agree though haha"

#on a roll. Consistency is key

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
24 weeks ago

Cardiff

Almost an athlete! - my sore legs do now agree though haha"

hannah zwifting later, broke her 22 week streak by not doing it last week..

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
24 weeks ago

ashford

Almost an athlete! - my sore legs do now agree though haha

#on a roll. Consistency is key"

Cheers! Yeah it is, deffo helped. Just need to get a good weekly routine sorted

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
24 weeks ago

ashford

Almost an athlete! - my sore legs do now agree though hahahannah zwifting later, broke her 22 week streak by not doing it last week.. "

Nooooo that's heartbreaking! What a run though! I looked at my strava for the last few years, definition of inconsistent, so I applaud her!

I just need to get 1 or 2 rides in a week on it, added to my Mountain bike rides I should be doing OK...

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
24 weeks ago

ashford

Had a cycle out today first time since Oct was so so windy! Thought I would struggle but I was ok despite being against the wind and rain! X

Reply privately

By *parrow77Man
24 weeks ago

cheshire

Just back after nice 8 miles on mounts bike post busy day in work was worth the energy and stuff for great fun

Reply privately

By *orny IrishMan
24 weeks ago

Rural Wiltshire

Was out on Saturday, sadly all plans for this year are effectively postponed for a year as I have been recently diagnosed with Atrial fibrillation, so until this gets sorted which will be 4+ weeks then I can't do much heavy activity.

So gentle meanders around 20-30 miles Zone 2 ideally to keep the HR low.

Reply privately

24 weeks ago

Just finished my strip and rebuild, running perfectly again so can’t wait to get out again soon. Just got to get rid of the darn cold now. Goal for May is to complete my first 100k ride

Reply privately

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

I can't sit on that saddle again

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
24 weeks ago

"Just finished my strip and rebuild, running perfectly again so can’t wait to get out again soon. Just got to get rid of the darn cold now. Goal for May is to complete my first 100k ride "

One of my bikes could do with a full rebuild if you are ever in need a project… lol

Reply privately

By *llred1Man
24 weeks ago

the north

Gravel bike has had its last wash this winter and the Cervélo is coming back out at weekend

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
24 weeks ago

Cardiff

"Gravel bike has had its last wash this winter and the Cervélo is coming back out at weekend "
same here.. road bike coming out this weekend.. I ride a Dare mr1s

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
24 weeks ago

ashford

Day off today, so back on zwift!

I'm a soft southerner who lives in the flattest area. If it's not perfect conditions I don't go outside haha (the 25mph win is that main issue lol)

The bike will see daylight..... at some point

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
24 weeks ago

ashford

Quite pleasant out on my bike today! Lot different to Monday! Hope it stays fine for my cycle back this afta x

Reply privately

By *andadbodMan
24 weeks ago

Liverpool

Strong headwind when i left the house this morning, hoping it doesn’t change direction for the return journey later

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
24 weeks ago

ashford

Day off today, but rain. So another zwift day!

55km / 2 hours

My legs reallyyyyyy ache now haha

Reply privately

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

Ive changed the saddle and getting handlebars adjusted next week

Reply privately

By *onameyet2Man
24 weeks ago

chorley

"Ive changed the saddle and getting handlebars adjusted next week "

There must be a you tube video on handle bar adjustment?

Reply privately

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Ive changed the saddle and getting handlebars adjusted next week

There must be a you tube video on handle bar adjustment?"

you can't adjust the handlebar thats fitted but it can be replaced new stem, so I'm told, i know you can't adjust it i tried

Reply privately

By *onameyet2Man
24 weeks ago

chorley

If you can remove the bars from the stem, just buy a stem, piece of piss to remove mate

Reply privately

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"If you can remove the bars from the stem, just buy a stem, piece of piss to remove mate "
i know i took the present one off but no adjustment, so have to get a new stem the shop i bought it from probably won't charge me

Reply privately

24 weeks ago

Conference day at work at some fancy hotel miles from anywhere so got train to closest station and cycled there. Got off train a stop early on way home and built some extra miles in that way too. All in just shy of 25 miles today

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
24 weeks ago

ashford

"Conference day at work at some fancy hotel miles from anywhere so got train to closest station and cycled there. Got off train a stop early on way home and built some extra miles in that way too. All in just shy of 25 miles today "

Nice little bonus then! All extra miles are great

Reply privately

By *360Man
24 weeks ago

Nottingham

Well done

Reply privately

By *parrow77Man
24 weeks ago

cheshire

"Well done"

Just back from another nice 8 miles that’s couple this week building up and old knee injury/operation site is keeping strong currents building up strength again and stuff

Most importantly came back covered in mud and huge smile lol so fun

Reply privately

By *elshcouple18Couple
24 weeks ago

Cardiff

Jumped on zwift tonight for a rather brisk group ride, managed 25 miles in an hour.. my poor thighs. Real world cycling tomorrow..

Reply privately