Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Good News

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have had structural surveyor out again today....they can save the toilet and sink in the downstairs cloakroom.......(everything else is fu**ed)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Have had structural surveyor out again today....they can save the toilet and sink in the downstairs cloakroom.......(everything else is fu**ed)

"

Everything????

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Have had structural surveyor out again today....they can save the toilet and sink in the downstairs cloakroom.......(everything else is fu**ed)

"

Are you going to have to move out then

over a year ago

well...not quite everything....me not fukked....grrrr

and will have to move out for at least 6 months..maybe longer

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Hell fire what happened to cause that level of damage

Steve

over a year ago

"Hell fire what happened to cause that level of damage

Steve"

Bad planning...even worse building and a field drain that shoulda been diverted when they built the house...not left to run under it....house built over side of road so downstairs is all below ground level.....it filled up with water 4 weeks ago and the water still cumming in one side and out thru the holes i have knocked thru wall at other side....drain turns out to be an awkward size and location so 4th set of drain engineers due ot today...they think they can clear it

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I can't even begin to imagine what a nightmare it must be for you

over a year ago

"I can't even begin to imagine what a nightmare it must be for you "

was not too bad to start with....camping stove upstairs in living room....but boiler finally blew up on friday last week.....so now living completely in the one room....and am now beginning to regret all the animals/livestock coz no one wants to rent a house to me.....fascists!!

All in all it's a bit of an adventure...and at least it's constantly flowing water so no time to stagnate n smell

over a year ago

Jeeze.... Thats awful!

so sorry to hear that... can't begin to imagine. Hope something goes your way big time and soon...

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Oh stu, how awful, sorry to hear that. is there no one you can stay with till its all sorted? Hope its sorted for you asap, not good at any time of year but even worse coming up to the festive season.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Hell fire that sounds bad indeed

my best suggestion in the short term would be to tank your outside walls or to pour a further wall on the outside with waterpoof concrete to stem the flow whilst the divert the land drain into a culvert or something.

Who built the house BTW

over a year ago

"Oh stu, how awful, sorry to hear that. is there no one you can stay with till its all sorted? Hope its sorted for you asap, not good at any time of year but even worse coming up to the festive season. "

They all hate my livestock....lol....have tent so situation not desperate till it snows

Seriously tho...have found a little cottage out on the glens...10 miles to nearest shop/bus stop..no neighbours..no fone..no fone signal....nothing but mountains n heather moorland as far as the eye can see...my idea of heaven...but Mrs Stu not happy about the isolation...will sway her lolol

over a year ago

"Hell fire that sounds bad indeed

my best suggestion in the short term would be to tank your outside walls or to pour a further wall on the outside with waterpoof concrete to stem the flow whilst the divert the land drain into a culvert or something.

Who built the house BTW "

Structural surveyor been in...is all below ground level....renewing the tanking gonna cost the insurance company 20k plus...so glad i aint gotta fork it out

House built by some woman...farmer didn't like her so wouldn't let her divert the drain....dunno why the planners allowed her to build over it....well...is a lie...i do...woman who used to own the land was chair of the planning committee...or am I being cynical?????

Post new Message to Thread