Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

blocking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

IV noticed many people talking about blocking others from there profile seem to me most are not shy to use the block button so my question is roughly how many people can you say you have blocked

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"IV noticed many people talking about blocking others from there profile seem to me most are not shy to use the block button so my question is roughly how many people can you say you have blocked "

Everyone

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"IV noticed many people talking about blocking others from there profile seem to me most are not shy to use the block button so my question is roughly how many people can you say you have blocked "
10+

over a year ago

blocked just one in error - unblocked and sent apology to then be blocked after message telling us we were even now - very mature - our block list is empty

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

8. All because they have been rude and don't take no for an answer x

over a year ago

Hmmmm not as bad as I was thinking

over a year ago

"IV noticed many people talking about blocking others from there profile seem to me most are not shy to use the block button so my question is roughly how many people can you say you have blocked

Everyone "

. hahaha U must b hard to please

over a year ago

"8. All because they have been rude and don't take no for an answer x "
well I say block away rudeness gets U no were

over a year ago

Just the one.

For persistent rudeness and not taking a very polite no as an answer.

over a year ago

Honestly I don't look at our blocked list. Once added its forget and move on as life is too short to dwell on people you have no interest in.

over a year ago

"Just the one.

For persistent rudeness and not taking a very polite no as an answer. "

. shame on them well worth the block I say

over a year ago

"IV noticed many people talking about blocking others from there profile seem to me most are not shy to use the block button so my question is roughly how many people can you say you have blocked

Honestly I don't look at our blocked list. Once added its forget and move on as life is too short to dwell on people you have no interest in. "

well said I like that

over a year ago

16 on my blocked list for various reasons!

over a year ago

Over 1.3k

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Quite a few men are on my block list. Mainly from when I used to use the chat rooms. They would _iew my cam and start wanking. Gave me the Heebie-jeebies

over a year ago

Lots! For various reasons and I feel no guilt!!

And I'm pretty sure I'm probably on a few block lists too! And am I bothered? Nope!

Although do giggle when folk message you to tell you you're not their cup of tea before blocking you - when you've had no prior contact and never even glimpsed their profile or knew they even existed!!

Seems a bit of a waste of effort but guess its each to their own.

over a year ago

We've got about 70ish on ours. We block for rude messages or ill come and f*** you messages. We've also got a few we're we have been messaging and they turn in to a bit of a stalker.

We don't think twice about blocking people if we don't want to meet them.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Honestly I don't look at our blocked list. Once added its forget and move on as life is too short to dwell on people you have no interest in. "

Indeed. That's why they're blocked, you have absolutely no interest in them whatsoever.

over a year ago

havent blocked anyone yet but been blocked a thousand times hehe

over a year ago

Jeez if I sat and counted them id waste a good day id say....I used to frequent chatrooms and hated the chicken chockers who didn't have the decency to even say hi before their cocks were in their hand so blocked a few that way,and I do block peeps who im not interested in if they have sent a msge and I politely say thanks but no thanks I do block them afterwards....infact ive more blocked people than friends..very picky person.

over a year ago

I don't block anyone

Just ignore 'em

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Over 1.3k "

Must have been a bored moment to count that lot !

over a year ago

Dozens, I mainly use it to block someone who has blocked us. If I don't do that they can unblock whenever they like, send a crappy message and then put the block back on. Other times I've blocked when someone has been abusive on here and occasionally when some people clearly don't read our profile properly.

over a year ago

"Over 1.3k

Must have been a bored moment to count that lot !"

I envisage Pearl to have a blocking chart

The blocked down one column and the reason for blocking across the top

Crosses applied accordingly

Oh to be so organised !

over a year ago

1. Defensive Block: Immediately following a 'no thanks' to prevent awkwardness

2. Visual Block: Prevents unpleasant images appearing in the home page

3. Preemptive Block: In anticipation of forthcoming unwanted message

4. Writers Block: In response to distasteful writing on profiles or in forums

5. Compatibility Block: Where we don't meet their criteria

6. Gender Block: Suspected frauds

7. Silent Block: Where messages have been ignored

We like to think of them all as Building Blocks that allow us narrower towards the sexiest

over a year ago

Didn't block at all until recently , and now about ten due to persistent messages repeating the same crap , and a few we just know we don't want to meet

By *ethany10Couple
over a year ago

falkirk

As is ours, completely agree with you, lot of immature people on here methinks.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Last time I tried a rough count it was about 300, probably nearer 500 now I'd reckon - 99% folk who haven't read my profile and 1% people who've made comments that I didn't like on the fora...

over a year ago

Easily counted by performing a search using "Remove Block" and a number comes up.

over a year ago

"Last time I tried a rough count it was about 300, probably nearer 500 now I'd reckon - 99% folk who haven't read my profile and 1% people who've made comments that I didn't like on the fora..."

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

just a few, not too many..mainly those that come across as aggressive, unreasonable, unfriendly or potentially dangerous when let out

over a year ago

A lot... Primarily people who don't take on board a polite "no thanks", or those that stalk my profile waiting for me to read their messages and if I don't reply immedeately start getting hounded..

My finger gets block happy

over a year ago

"just a few, not too many..mainly those that come across as aggressive, unreasonable, unfriendly or potentially dangerous when let out"

I bet meeting you could be potentially dangerous

In the best kind of way

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Loads.

The ones who get nasty, the ones who send (in my opinion) distasteful first messages, the ones who persistently ask even after a polite no thanks, the ones who's profile or forum posts suggests I'd hate them on sight, the ones who make sarky remarks about others under the pretense of giving me a compliment, the ones who keep insisting we can meet for coffee at my house (I don't accommodate) instead of the public place I suggest, the ones I've met once but they got arsey cos I had the cheek tomeet others as well .

And lets not forget the ones who message me after I put up a big message on my status saying I'm not meeting or chatting unless I've already met you and they message saying wanna fuk?.

Other than that I barely use it.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

mostly people who have created a profile to get round a block, and people who have created a profile to get around a block on a profile created to get around a block......

usually from a mobile and in the USA & Australia and stumble across my profile within 20 minutes of joining the site, I block and they never log on again...

I find it flattering that there is no one else on the site that could satisfy them

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"just a few, not too many..mainly those that come across as aggressive, unreasonable, unfriendly or potentially dangerous when let out

I bet meeting you could be potentially dangerous

In the best kind of way"

;-) I am so harmless

By *moothies.Couple
over a year ago

Woodthorpe

Every single male who winked at us so we looked at their profile but weren't interested then they winked at us again so we looked at their profile but weren't interested then they winked at us again! As you can imagine lots of single men.

over a year ago

I dont know how many I have, but like the responsible gent that I am, I block............those who have deleted my message, I assume they arent interested. Those who have said no thanks, saves me messaging them in the future. Profiles Ive looked at or who have looked at me and it's clear we're not gonna meet ever. Oh and haters

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Loads.

The ones who get nasty, the ones who send (in my opinion) distasteful first messages, the ones who persistently ask even after a polite no thanks, the ones who's profile or forum posts suggests I'd hate them on sight, the ones who make sarky remarks about others under the pretense of giving me a compliment, the ones who keep insisting we can meet for coffee at my house (I don't accommodate) instead of the public place I suggest, the ones I've met once but they got arsey cos I had the cheek tomeet others as well .

And lets not forget the ones who message me after I put up a big message on my status saying I'm not meeting or chatting unless I've already met you and they message saying wanna fuk?.

Other than that I barely use it. "

Maybe we could meet at yours for a coffee and listen to a Bloc Party cd before I shag ya

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Loads.

Other than that I barely use it.

Maybe we could meet at yours for a coffee and listen to a Bloc Party cd before I shag ya "

Might I suggest you enjoy the likeminded company you are now keeping and swap notes on chat up lines that sent you there?

over a year ago

over a year ago

"1. Defensive Block: Immediately following a 'no thanks' to prevent awkwardness

2. Visual Block: Prevents unpleasant images appearing in the home page

3. Preemptive Block: In anticipation of forthcoming unwanted message

4. Writers Block: In response to distasteful writing on profiles or in forums

5. Compatibility Block: Where we don't meet their criteria

6. Gender IBlock: Suspected frauds

I agree with all the above if people can t be bothere to reply to messages I can't be bothere to let them see our profile.also there are people who just can't take no for an answer and stalk you or are plain rude or insulting.

7. Silent Block: Where messages have been ignored

We like to think of them all as Building Blocks that allow us narrower towards the sexiest"

over a year ago

My I pad messed up the quote o the last message I do apologise.poppyxx

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Single digits, as I've generally preferred to not block. Sometimes, such as when busy and someone gets persistent, despite best polite efforts to tell them 'no', then I'll use it.

Whilst use of block is easy, it's just not my preferred tool, though I'm more understanding of others need for it, as I am of my own, at times.

over a year ago

I used to have quite a few but now we have the note facility, I use that so probably only have about 9 and I have a cull now and again and remove some but some will never leave, like my sons mate

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

Maybe we could meet at yours for a coffee and listen to a Bloc Party cd before I shag ya

Might I suggest you enjoy the likeminded company you are now keeping and swap notes on chat up lines that sent you there? "

Oi, that's my best chat up line I'll have you know

over a year ago

I tend to get the married man sydrome, like i am in a sexless marriage or i can't accommodate with out a valid reason. Bye bye go play with the rest in the blocked list !!

over a year ago

I have never blocked anyone but I like the aforementioned 'visual block' for removing minging pics from the home update feed! Will have to start using!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

No idea. I tend to block if I turn someone down and they message me weeks later hoping I've forgotten them. Don't like being harassed.

over a year ago

29! oops! x

over a year ago

About 5 profiles for different reasons.

Some were complete plonkers and others are people who we do not get along with who live too close to home.

We were blocked by a couple for not putting their special word on the subject line of the message.

over a year ago

Loads. Does anyone know if you verify someone and later block them does your verification remain?

over a year ago

WHO ! on earth is fazed by being blocked , so funny !!

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've about 10 and most of those are due to receiving abusive messages, just easier to deal with that way

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/02/13 20:00:55]

over a year ago

"Loads. Does anyone know if you verify someone and later block them does your verification remain?"

No it doesn't.. I believe it goes. But as soon as you remove the block the veri comes back x

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

i blocked one . she blocked me and i blocked her back

over a year ago

"Loads. Does anyone know if you verify someone and later block them does your verification remain?

No it doesn't.. I believe it goes. But as soon as you remove the block the veri comes back x"

Thanks

over a year ago

It's a site tool. I use it x

over a year ago

Just wanted to add that I used to think my ex-partner Pork was rude and arrogant in how he used to block people/couples even without answering them. Sometimes even when they just looked at our profile!!

After getting a VERY upsetting intro message from a single guy which started off very complmentry but ended up calling me a whore for putting my pics on show (kicked myself for deleting it without reporting it) just days after starting my single profile, I can now see why he did it.

If anyone has a problem with being blocked then its just that:- THEIR problem. Like someone said above its just a tool of the site. Get over yourself or get therapy if you cant handle it

Post new Message to Thread