Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Unlucky in love?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was just reading another thread about someone looking for love and had a thought...

All the relationships I've been in have ended badly. So I was determined to stay single ...

But.... I just had an odd thought. What if I'm missing out? What if I'm looking at it wrong?

Like when people say someone is unlucky in love because they have 5 failed relationships behind them. Are they actually LUCKY in love? They have fallen in love 5 times, that's got to be good, right?!!

Maybe I need to look at it differently. I always try to see the positive in everything, why should this be different. I had some great times with those ex's, so why only think about the bad times and how it ended....

Hmmm going to ponder.

Any thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Surely you will bump into mr right at some point just don't block him off completely...

Don't think it's luck or unlucky, it just happens to be... Don't get too worked up about it but sorry to hear the relationships ended badly...

By *ll-Knight-longMan
over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

"I was just reading another thread about someone looking for love and had a thought...

All the relationships I've been in have ended badly. So I was determined to stay single ...

But.... I just had an odd thought. What if I'm missing out? What if I'm looking at it wrong?

Like when people say someone is unlucky in love because they have 5 failed relationships behind them. Are they actually LUCKY in love? They have fallen in love 5 times, that's got to be good, right?!!

Maybe I need to look at it differently. I always try to see the positive in everything, why should this be different. I had some great times with those ex's, so why only think about the bad times and how it ended....

Hmmm going to ponder.

Any thoughts?

"

I agree with the positive side and love is many things one can love more than one of your own children each one different and of varying intensities so why not with partners either concurrently or not ?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think some may just fear being on their own at stages of their life and seek 'love', better some form of connection than being single...

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

OP - your post actually made me stop and think if I should be looking at my life in the same fashion. I too have found love quite a few times in my life and they didn't work out so I have determined that I should be forever single.

What if I do attract love though? Am I cutting off my nose to spite my face by being so pedantic about staying single (and unhurt)? After all, I'm still here, alive and getting on with life after all those failures so would another one really make much difference. As is oft quoted 'it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?'

Thank you for giving me something to think about! Perhaps it's time for me to open up and starting lusting a bit.

over a year ago

All I say is.... No matter how many bad relationships you've had or how many times you've been hurt!! You should always leave yourself open to the prospect that love might come at any moment.

over a year ago

All bad relationships can have a positive twist to them...

They can make you realise what you have when that good one comes along.

It's all part if the ying and yang of life.

over a year ago

its the cycle of life. you kiss a few frogs before finding ur prince

over a year ago

"All bad relationships can have a positive twist to them...

They can make you realise what you have when that good one comes along.

It's all part if the ying and yang of life. "

What wise words for a Sunday morning. x and true.

By *ndyuk7Man
over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

im inlucky in love

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

I consider myself lucky....... Lucky that I wised up and got rid

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Look at the past as a trial run so when the right one does come along the mistakes aren't repeated.

Never close you heart to love just because the last ones didn't work out

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

"I was just reading another thread about someone looking for love and had a thought...

Hmmm going to ponder.

Any thoughts?

"

Gosh THAT has given me something to think about....Like you I vowed to stay single for fear of getting hurt again...perhaps I need not to be afraid of falling in love which is the flip side of the coin..Food for thought for a sunday...well done..x

over a year ago

"better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Look at the past as a trial run so when the right one does come along the mistakes aren't repeated.

Never close you heart to love just because the last ones didn't work out "

Good point. You're a cool couple, one of the ones that give me hope...

For the ladies that my post got them thinking.... Weird, eh?! I'm with you. It hurts when it ends but it's good while it lasts. Never thought I'd consider anything again but I am going to be more open to the possibility.

View... You rock! You've given me the flip side. I'll think about that too.

X

over a year ago

I no longer believe one person can tick all the right boxes for me, and that variety is the spice of life.

I won't say never never, however the chances of me settling in a relationship with just one person is extremely slim.

Good job I like my own company.

Although I am alone I am not lonely.

And I am too busy to think what if's.

over a year ago

My friends class me as unlucky in love as been in bad relationships or good relationships that have ended badly. All I think after the hurt has eased, it has made the person I am now.. stronger and battle ready in life.

Love is a fortune you can not buy I guess and those who have it are lucky, and those who have experienced it are lucky to have their life

Enriched by it

over a year ago

Well, I ain't lookin' for it but if it finds me it better stay on it's toes

I just get so bored so quickly and irritated! It would have to be seperate houses or I'd end up killing them

over a year ago

Well after this weekend I've decided that I'm both lucky and unlucky in love...

Friday night was spent in the arms of the fb that I have feelings for (of which he says he feels the same) and the dog goes a little barmy

Yet yesterday and today we are over and he's not talking to me...

So maybe its just not meant to be but after talking for three years and seeing each other for seven months its kind of hit me hard... But as they say what hurts you makes you stronger

over a year ago

I'm definitely unlucky in love - i've only ever been in love once and it was one way!

Guys have always treated me like crap and never actually wanted me so i've kinda given up on the thought of ever being in a relationship now. Doesn't stop me secretly wondering what it would be like to be in one, a nice one i mean!

I personally think its probably nicer to be in one - the sex gets better the more you know someone - and you have someone you love to share both your fantasies etc with

over a year ago

Hmmm going to ponder.

Any thoughts?

"

I like the way you are thinking

over a year ago

"better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Look at the past as a trial run so when the right one does come along the mistakes aren't repeated.

Never close you heart to love just because the last ones didn't work out "

Mines closed and locked and the key been thrown away and.........i have built the biggest wall that would deter prince charming himself.

As ive said on other threads.........no way jose....never ever again

And i mean that most sincerly folks

over a year ago

"I'm definitely unlucky in love - i've only ever been in love once and it was one way!

Guys have always treated me like crap and never actually wanted me so i've kinda given up on the thought of ever being in a relationship now. Doesn't stop me secretly wondering what it would be like to be in one, a nice one i mean!

I personally think its probably nicer to be in one - the sex gets better the more you know someone - and you have someone you love to share both your fantasies etc with"

. I agree with you 100% wish it was my turn to find a prince.

over a year ago

"I'm definitely unlucky in love - i've only ever been in love once and it was one way!

I personally think its probably nicer to be in one - the sex gets better the more you know someone - and you have someone you love to share both your fantasies etc with. I agree with you 100% wish it was my turn to find a prince. "

Oh ive met plenty i would happilly settle with, but for various reasons it just wouldnt happen, not for me anyway!

I usually find its the ones who dont really appreciate it who bag the really amazing guys/girls - Gits!

over a year ago

I've been diagnosed with PTSD in the past and as a result every relationship I've had has ended because of my behaviour. I'm not a loon or anything like that just seem to find opening up very difficult. But I'm still ever hopeful. If you find it I believe you are the luckiest person alive whether it ends or not never stop trying as you never know x

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

I personally think its probably nicer to be in one - the sex gets better the more you know someone - and you have someone you love to share both your fantasies etc with. I agree with you 100% wish it was my turn to find a prince.

Oh ive met plenty i would happilly settle with, but for various reasons it just wouldnt happen, not for me anyway!

I usually find its the ones who dont really appreciate it who bag the really amazing guys/girls - Gits!"

Is this the point where I give the "hang in there, there is someone for everyone speech"

My grandmother told me when you do not need to be loved because you are in a good place with yourself it will come and find you.

Been married twice and I loved them both, different reasons and different sort of love but still have it

over a year ago

I personally think its probably nicer to be in one - the sex gets better the more you know someone - and you have someone you love to share both your fantasies etc with. I agree with you 100% wish it was my turn to find a prince.

I usually find its the ones who dont really appreciate it who bag the really amazing guys/girls - Gits!

Is this the point where I give the "hang in there, there is someone for everyone speech"

My grandmother told me when you do not need to be loved because you are in a good place with yourself it will come and find you.

Been married twice and I loved them both, different reasons and different sort of love but still have it "

Lol, i've been single for long enough to know it aint guna be happening any time soon :P

Besides im really bad at the whole social stuff now so wouldnt meet anyone anyway

over a year ago

Hmmm going to ponder.

Any thoughts?

"

Whilst I'm not actively looking for love, if I came across it I wouldn't show it the door for fear of being hurt...I've survived before and I can again. Difficulty is finding someone who has a similar way of thinking as me as I don't seem to be wired the same way as most people!

over a year ago

Reminds me of the song by Hulio Iglasias - "of all the girls I've loved before"

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Been married twice and I loved them both, different reasons and different sort of love but still have it

Lol, i've been single for long enough to know it aint guna be happening any time soon :P

Besides im really bad at the whole social stuff now so wouldnt meet anyone anyway"

I met my second wife with no intention of ever getting evolved with anyone and it just sort of crept up and grabbed me. All I know is that if you live life and enjoy it thing just kind of happen

over a year ago

Must admit after splitting with my kids father some 20 yrs ago, I never got close with anyone again. Now I am 52 yrs old and feel its never going to happen again, and that time is running out. I don't want to be an old woman with my zimmer frame tottering into the supermarket buying meals for one, I would really like to buy meals for two, just think maybe I am destined to be alone forever. If only I could drop the brick wall and let someone in but then I have yet to meet someone that I would like to have a relationship with. Think I will just stick around here for a while as its suits me at the moment

over a year ago

Hmmm going to ponder.

Any thoughts?

Whilst I'm not actively looking for love, if I came across it I wouldn't show it the door for fear of being hurt...I've survived before and I can again. Difficulty is finding someone who has a similar way of thinking as me as I don't seem to be wired the same way as most people! "

Me too! The hard part is trying to convince them that I'm different.

Post new Message to Thread