Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reported missing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My son who turned 18 yesterday has gone missing. He needs his medication I'm beside myself with worry here the police are out looking for him as I type this

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

have you contacted all his friends, can you go out and look for him, is there a local pub he speaks about, is there a girl on the scene, has there been an arguement with his mum, are there brother or sisters who may now, does he use the internet and you can check the history

good luck

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

know*

Reply privately

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Hope he is found safe and sound

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My son who turned 18 yesterday has gone missing. He needs his medication I'm beside myself with worry here the police are out looking for him as I type this "

Hope you find him.. But would be better to go and look for him too..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My son who turned 18 yesterday has gone missing. He needs his medication I'm beside myself with worry here the police are out looking for him as I type this "

Well get out and help in the search instead of sat here typing! Hope you find him and soon

Reply privately

By *utumnWoman
over a year ago

leeds

Presuming he has a mobile get his no to police they can trace where it is or was being used very quickly

Reply privately

By *etanreadyCouple
over a year ago

dover

hope you find him soon

Reply privately

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

If he is 18 not a lot you can do, he is an adult. ( ducks down to miss the flack )

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope he will come back of his own accord, try not to worry, he has just turned 18 and will probably be out partying.

Good luck in your search.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If he has a phone and its on the police can trace him quickly.

Given that he's now 18, legally, the onus is on him to behave like an adult and be responsible for himself. The law on missing persons reflects this.

That being said I hope and Im sure he is just partying, and there has been a miscommunication.

Fingers crossed x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good luck in the search for your son van, hope he turns up safe and well xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My son who turned 18 yesterday has gone missing. He needs his medication I'm beside myself with worry here the police are out looking for him as I type this

If he is 18 not a lot you can do, he is an adult. ( ducks down to miss the flack )"

would depend on the medication he needs tho

Reply privately

over a year ago

As some one who has an older child that likes to do this to me I can tell you to stay calm..

Ring around everyone..( although sure you will have done this first) and try to think like them.

I am guessing that its a case of vulnerable adult in this case. So police will look for them similar to a missing child..

Thoughts are with you.. and word from the experienced here.. Try not to go to mad when they turn up wondering what all the fuss was about..

Cali

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"My son who turned 18 yesterday has gone missing. He needs his medication I'm beside myself with worry here the police are out looking for him as I type this

If he is 18 not a lot you can do, he is an adult. ( ducks down to miss the flack )

would depend on the medication he needs tho"

What medication makes you not an adult?

Van, hope you manage to find your son quickly, safe and sound x

Reply privately

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

would depend on the medication he needs tho"

Still an adult.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

If I were that bothered about my adult child going missing I'd be doing something proactive like trying to find him not log onto a swinging site, but hey...we're all different.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Still an adult."

Still the son of a father who cares....

And breathe Van.... Or you won't see tomorrow... 18 or 58 he's still ya little boy, but

just be there for him when he does come back...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Still an adult."

could be a vulnerabel adult due to medical condition he has?? then he is an urgent find.. dont jump to conclusions thats all im saying.

did he not sya police were looking?

Reply privately

over a year ago

yp he said police were looking so they must consider it to be an urgent need to find him for whatever reason..

Reply privately

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

Still an adult.

Still the son of a father who cares....

And breathe Van.... Or you won't see tomorrow... 18 or 58 he's still ya little boy, but

just be there for him when he does come back... "

As a parent I certainly would not be on fab if we were worried.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I were that bothered about my adult child going missing I'd be doing something proactive like trying to find him not log onto a swinging site, but hey...we're all different."

surely someone needs to be at home incase he comes back?...

i can imagine if your the one to stay home it must be very frustrating and best to try and pass time if everything and others are doing everythign to find him..

Reply privately

over a year ago

he is working and cant do anything at all except sit and wait and hope he hears something - he's beside himself

Reply privately

By *ove bi guysWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Hope he returns home soon xx

Keep a calm clear head for when he comes back x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get his friends to post on facebook that he's missing and to put a pic of him up so peeps know who they are looking for.

Hope he's found soon xxxx

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I hope he is found x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hope he is found safe and sound

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hope your son is found safe and sound

Reply privately

over a year ago

He'll be in a pub somewhere on the first Friday night after turning 18. That's where I was 29 years ago.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hope he turns up sound and sound for ya mate

Reply privately

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

Hope he turns up safe and sound x

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Any update? Hope you have some good news soon xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

prayers are with you that he returns home safe and sound and soon xxxxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just an update when I put this out I was sat in my truck unable to get back in any sort of time to search. He has phoned his mother and told her he is safe then told her to f off. He has bi polar and not taken his medication and that's the bit I am worried about. Thank u all for your support and kind words I will keep you posted if I hear any more

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

That's good. Safe is the most important bit initally but the meds matter too.

I doubt you'll sleep but try for some rest.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The only good that has come out of this is his mother and I are on speaking terms after nearly 11 years lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad u know something Van xxx Just take it each day with him xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's good. Safe is the most important bit initally but the meds matter too.

I doubt you'll sleep but try for some rest."

I will try my nerves are shattered tonight

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bloody kids, now its gonna cost you big time mate.

Ex wife "why dont you come up and see him"

Lets go out for dinner while your here as well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Glad u know something Van xxx Just take it each day with him xx "

I know he is rebelling at the moment xxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bloody kids, now its gonna cost you big time mate.

Ex wife "why dont you come up and see him"

Lets go out for dinner while your here as well."

Don't you just know it lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well get out and help in the search instead of sat here typing! Hope you find him and soon"

get out and search, the police will always tell parents to stop at home along with the liaison officer, so they are at hand incase if any news, give them a break FFs stop having a go at them, some ppl's I only have their PC to turn to in a hr of need

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

cant you get his mother to call his out of ours medical team? Is he on a care plan? I am unaware how badly bipolar he is, but if the police find him and he refuses to take his medication they will have him sectioned if he doesnt go home of his own accord

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Als now hes turned 18 hes classed as an adult

Reply privately

over a year ago

He'll be in a pub somewhere on the first Friday night after turning 18. That's where I was 29 years ago. "

29 years + vat

Reply privately

over a year ago

"cant you get his mother to call his out of ours medical team? Is he on a care plan? I am unaware how badly bipolar he is, but if the police find him and he refuses to take his medication they will have him sectioned if he doesnt go home of his own accord"

I wish I could answer your questions as I said we are only just back on speaking terms very fraught and I am getting the blame for his behaviour. As for how bad when he is with me I don't have a problem with him when he goes home to her after a couple of weeks they are at each others throats. I will suggest she gets in contact with his out of hours medical team thank you for the advice will give anything a go x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"cant you get his mother to call his out of ours medical team? Is he on a care plan? I am unaware how badly bipolar he is, but if the police find him and he refuses to take his medication they will have him sectioned if he doesnt go home of his own accord"

As an adult I think unless he is under a section to take his meds no one can make him. The police cant section him or remove him to a place of safety for just not wanting to go home?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The only good that has come out of this is his mother and I are on speaking terms after nearly 11 years lol "

That's one good thing. Hope he's ok. Hugs xx

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Many of us do what looks like daft things in our youth.

Most of the time all our parent/s can do is let us know that they're there for us. That's a parent's job - to be there.

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Good luck van. Hope he's just goofing off with friends.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"cant you get his mother to call his out of ours medical team? Is he on a care plan? I am unaware how badly bipolar he is, but if the police find him and he refuses to take his medication they will have him sectioned if he doesnt go home of his own accord

As an adult I think unless he is under a section to take his meds no one can make him. The police cant section him or remove him to a place of safety for just not wanting to go home?"

Different story though if the police find him and he is having a manic episode and is vulnerable. But lots of bi polar people dont take their meds. Best to get the advice of his community psychiatric nurse or the cpn on call for the primary care trust where he lives before anything else ").

Reply privately

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I put my parents through hell when I was younger than that - kids can be arsewipes...thinking of you and your ex, fingers crossed that he turns up soon xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just an update when I put this out I was sat in my truck unable to get back in any sort of time to search. He has phoned his mother and told her he is safe then told her to f off. He has bi polar and not taken his medication and that's the bit I am worried about. Thank u all for your support and kind words I will keep you posted if I hear any more "

The lad's enjoying his new found freedom as an adult and, as we all were young once, we don't realise that our parents still see the little boy they've nurtured all these years. My mum told me much later that she used to worry herself sick when I went out drinking until she heard my key in the door and only then could she get to sleep.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I put my parents through hell when I was younger than that - kids can be arsewipes...thinking of you and your ex, fingers crossed that he turns up soon xxx"

Aye I was wild from about 16 when i started working. Surely worried me ma n pa on more than one occasion. . Worrying enough in itself But must so be stressful when you know your child need to follow meds too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My mum used to insist in picking me up from nightclubs until I was 20 and met my future husband. I was mortified!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank god he's checked in, hope all works out ok xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just had a very pissed off son on the phone wondering what all the fuss is about and can't people leave him alone to enjoy a night out with his friends he will be home tomorrow. Starting to think his mother has made a mountain out of a mole hill but then again I can see she cares and loves him. She is going to have to let go a little bit and let him be himself. He is also going to have to remember to take his medication. I think I will be taking him for a re_iew as soon as I can to make sure he is on the right medication. Thank you everyone for your support and understanding. Yes very stressful but think will be ok. I am giving him as much support as I can without smothering him

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thank god he's checked in, hope all works out ok xx"
Thank u I hope so too xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can i ask what the hell this post is doing on a swinging site, we had your post of happy birthday to the best son ever yesterday, hes fucked off today hating everyone.. now hes back not happy with you... not being funny bud but best not to air yer dirty washing in public. Peoples responses have been very nice but when i see this i think of the girl from Wales who is still missing presumed dead, not an 18 year old birthday boy getting pissed and going to his Mums ...

Sorry if this upsets but, Many more important things going on than a boy getting pissed and pissed off. Also as for posting on here when you should be looking for him is crazy/ Do you expect us to go looking for him?

Beyond doubt the craziest post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

U got it wrong mate he was at his mums when he went missing ok

Reply privately

over a year ago

But thank you for your kind thoughts on the matter I was not airing my dirty laundry as u put it I was wanting some support from my friends that I got ok

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ahh sorry, you wanted attention and smoke blowing up yer ass, i do appologise, but were you ever read the story of the boy who cried wolf too many times?

Come on bud... ffs

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was not crying wolf thanks mate

Reply privately

over a year ago

With all the worry you went through i would have thought you would be with him right now making sure he is safe and sound?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would be if he would tell me where he is but even the police can't find him they turned up here earlier looking for him as it was his mother that reported him missing

Reply privately

over a year ago

So he is still missing? Not seen again? How many days is that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

My ex wife first reported him missing on his birthday and I don't know if he has been home to his mother sinse then

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Can i ask what the hell this post is doing on a swinging site, we had your post of happy birthday to the best son ever yesterday, hes fucked off today hating everyone.. now hes back not happy with you... not being funny bud but best not to air yer dirty washing in public. Peoples responses have been very nice but when i see this i think of the girl from Wales who is still missing presumed dead, not an 18 year old birthday boy getting pissed and going to his Mums ...

Sorry if this upsets but, Many more important things going on than a boy getting pissed and pissed off. Also as for posting on here when you should be looking for him is crazy/ Do you expect us to go looking for him?

Beyond doubt the craziest post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How hypocritical of u!

U accuse the op of attention seeking yet u have clearly trolled this thread by putting something u know will get a reaction!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just had a very pissed off son on the phone wondering what all the fuss is about and can't people leave him alone to enjoy a night out with his friends he will be home tomorrow. Starting to think his mother has made a mountain out of a mole hill but then again I can see she cares and loves him. She is going to have to let go a little bit and let him be himself. He is also going to have to remember to take his medication. I think I will be taking him for a re_iew as soon as I can to make sure he is on the right medication. Thank you everyone for your support and understanding. Yes very stressful but think will be ok. I am giving him as much support as I can without smothering him "

I said he'd be with his mates somewhere getting d*unk didn't I?

As for his mother cutting an apron string or two, I think his dad needs to heed his own advice. The lad is 18 and could fuck off and never come back if he had a mind to, it's called being an adult and able to call one's own shots. I know to you he's still your baby, but to him he's nobody's baby.

I'd think twice about putting all on here in the future too. This site may offer people support in most things but it is ultimately a sex site. If you want to see what I'm getting at tell your son you found great advice from your swinger friends and see how he reacts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I were that bothered about my adult child going missing I'd be doing something proactive like trying to find him not log onto a swinging site, but hey...we're all different."

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Maybe he has signed up on here and is out shagging

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Alls well that ends well.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Just had a very pissed off son on the phone wondering what all the fuss is about and can't people leave him alone to enjoy a night out with his friends he will be home tomorrow. Starting to think his mother has made a mountain out of a mole hill but then again I can see she cares and loves him. She is going to have to let go a little bit and let him be himself. He is also going to have to remember to take his medication. I think I will be taking him for a re_iew as soon as I can to make sure he is on the right medication. Thank you everyone for your support and understanding. Yes very stressful but think will be ok. I am giving him as much support as I can without smothering him

I said he'd be with his mates somewhere getting d*unk didn't I?

As for his mother cutting an apron string or two, I think his dad needs to heed his own advice. The lad is 18 and could fuck off and never come back if he had a mind to, it's called being an adult and able to call one's own shots. I know to you he's still your baby, but to him he's nobody's baby.

I'd think twice about putting all on here in the future too. This site may offer people support in most things but it is ultimately a sex site. If you want to see what I'm getting at tell your son you found great advice from your swinger friends and see how he reacts."

Word for word!

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Happy Birthday, Vanguard!! .

I think your son got a hangover for your birthday

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Can i ask what the hell this post is doing on a swinging site, we had your post of happy birthday to the best son ever yesterday, hes fucked off today hating everyone.. now hes back not happy with you... not being funny bud but best not to air yer dirty washing in public. Peoples responses have been very nice but when i see this i think of the girl from Wales who is still missing presumed dead, not an 18 year old birthday boy getting pissed and going to his Mums ...

How hypocritical of u!

U accuse the op of attention seeking yet u have clearly trolled this thread by putting something u know will get a reaction!

"

It's a matter of opinion. I didn't see it as trolling, a more robust contribution than mine, but, as I said, matter of opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As some one who has an older child that likes to do this to me I can tell you to stay calm..

Ring around everyone..( although sure you will have done this first) and try to think like them.

I am guessing that its a case of vulnerable adult in this case. So police will look for them similar to a missing child..

Thoughts are with you.. and word from the experienced here.. Try not to go to mad when they turn up wondering what all the fuss was about..

Cali"

You got it in one Cali thank u for these wise words xxx

Reply privately

By *ove bi guysWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Sounds like a difficult night. Maybe a learning curve for you and his mom here.

When things calm down a little maybe the 3 of you could to sit down and talk, set a few boundaries / rules re keeping in touch when out and being responsible for his meds.

Yes as many say on here he is 18 ... but that doesn't stop a parent worrying or caring. And if this had happened last week we'd have been talking about a minor. While the his age has changed I am sure not a lot else. I doubt he woke on his 18th any more mature than the day before.

Best of luck Van, its tough walking the fine line of being a caring parent and giving them freedom and space xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swingers.... the most caring people in the world....

If it's not about sex or fucking then it's just not interesting, huh?!

Whatever.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Swingers.... the most caring people in the world....

If it's not about sex or fucking then it's just not interesting, huh?!

Whatever. "

Reply privately

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

I hope he is ok, as parents we don't stop worrying no matter their age. My daughter is 27 married a family of her own it doesn't stop we worrying. It shows we care.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hope he is ok, as parents we don't stop worrying no matter their age. My daughter is 27 married a family of her own it doesn't stop we worrying. It shows we care. "

Aw thank u and so true xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Starting to think his mother has made a mountain out of a mole hill "

What? And posting a thread on a swingers forum about your missing son and the police looking for him is the rational thing to do?

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

I'd think twice about putting all on here in the future too. This site may offer people support in most things but it is ultimately a sex site. ."

Now don't get me wrong , I wouldn't have been posting about a missing son on here either ( thats not me saying people can't before I get shot down )but you are telling someone this is a sex site and you would advise him to not put it on here....does that mean only sex is allowed to be discussed?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Starting to think his mother has made a mountain out of a mole hill

What? And posting a thread on a swingers forum about your missing son and the police looking for him is the rational thing to do?"

Ok was a figure of speach forgive me as I was rather stressed and worried last night

Reply privately

over a year ago

So glad you found him safe and well Van. Been there done that with my lot and as a Parent we never stop worrying xxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So glad you found him safe and well Van. Been there done that with my lot and as a Parent we never stop worrying xxxx"

Yes found safe and well bit stressed but alls well that ends well xxxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'd think twice about putting all on here in the future too. This site may offer people support in most things but it is ultimately a sex site. .

Now don't get me wrong , I wouldn't have been posting about a missing son on here either ( thats not me saying people can't before I get shot down )but you are telling someone this is a sex site and you would advise him to not put it on here....does that mean only sex is allowed to be discussed? "

To be honest I thought the lounge was open to most topics apart from the ones listed in the rules. Maybe I am wrong maybe I'm right in posting on here as I know there are a lot of medically trained professionals here that can give advice and point me in the right direction. That was my reasoning in a way for posting what I did and the fact I have made some good friends on here that have helped me so much

Reply privately

over a year ago

What? And posting a thread on a swingers forum about your missing son and the police looking for him is the rational thing to do?

Ok was a figure of speach forgive me as I was rather stressed and worried last night "

I really just don't get it. If I was out of my mind with worry about a loved one I wouldn't sit there and think - oh I know what to do, I will log on a swingers site and put a post up about it. I just find that bizarre.

Reply privately

over a year ago

For the police to have been outlooking for him so quickly when he is 18 suggests he is clearly vulneerable and I can fully sympathise with how upsetting and distressing last night must have been for you. And I'm glad that there is a happy ending, in my line of work I sometimes see the not so happy endings and I wouldn;t wish that on anyone.

But while the police response is applaudable even going so far as visiting you (and as i recall from previous posts do you not live some distance from his mother?), it does worry me that they were incapable of establishing that he was in the pub with his friends? And to be honest, without meaning to sound judgemental, I think you and his mother have to accept some responsibility for that? Do you not know any of his friends? If neither of you could not get him on the phone was there no one else you could have asked?

Reply privately

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Well get out and help in the search instead of sat here typing! Hope you find him and soon"

No!

Someone needs to stay at home in case he gets in touch, if he's got a problem or is worried about coming back.

Always good to have a friendly face, or voice on the phone, so get others to search, and you man the phone/internet/mobile at home.

Hope he comes back safr.xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok was a figure of speach forgive me as I was rather stressed and worried last night

I really just don't get it. If I was out of my mind with worry about a loved one I wouldn't sit there and think - oh I know what to do, I will log on a swingers site and put a post up about it. I just find that bizarre. "

That's your way of dealing with it just because it's a sex site does not mean there are not people on here that could have and have helped me but thank you for your _iews will keep them in mind maybe you would like to message me if you have any more points where I am going wrong

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

from your posts over the last few weeks, you seem like a very nice man who is struggling at times with your situation being on your own, in a new house after a period of worry about accommodation, hitting a birthday maybe the first not with your family.... you have received kindness from people in a virtual world.

That I really applaud but the virtual world should never replace the real world, only supplement it at times. I don't think it would do any harm speaking to someone who can help deal with separation and the like. Maybe you are finding it harder than you think.

all the best

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

It is very evident that people don't read all of the thread before they post because they are too keen to have a pop at someone who doesn't measure up to their expectations.

The OP did explain (further down the thread) that he was away from home working. Although I'd have uped and left the second I got the call I understand that its not always that easy for other people to do so.

People post on these forums looking for support all the time, why is this any different? Only this week we had one guy post about his dad being seriously ill, there was no condemnation towards him about wasting time posting on here instead of going to visit him.

Some people on here realy fancy themselves as Mary fucking Poppins at times

Reply privately

over a year ago

I may have got this totally wrong but I think Van said he was at work in his lorry at the time of posting on here !!!

So put yourself in his shoes...you get a call from your ex worried that your son, who has BI Polar, has not returned home. He has missed medication (which is a must with that condition)

Not much Van can do as he was not at home. He posts on Fab and has friends on here so in his case yes, I would log in and ask for advice.

I also understood that The Lounge was here to discuss anything from Politics to families. Perhaps i read the rules wrong.

Who is to say that when he returned home he hasnt gone out looking for him?

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Hope he comes home soon Van

Gill

Reply privately

over a year ago

LOL great minds think alike x

Reply privately

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"from your posts over the last few weeks, you seem like a very nice man who is struggling at times with your situation being on your own, in a new house after a period of worry about accommodation, hitting a birthday maybe the first not with your family.... you have received kindness from people in a virtual world.

That I really applaud but the virtual world should never replace the real world, only supplement it at times. I don't think it would do any harm speaking to someone who can help deal with separation and the like. Maybe you are finding it harder than you think.

all the best "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's your way of dealing with it just because it's a sex site does not mean there are not people on here that could have and have helped me but thank you for your _iews will keep them in mind maybe you would like to message me if you have any more points where I am going wrong "

Why would I message you? This is a forum where you can put your point of _iew in the open. If you want to put a private matter in the open for debate then expect differences of opinion and deal with it in the open.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

I also understood that The Lounge was here to discuss anything from Politics to families.

"

Ditto, there are lots of other forums on the site where sex etc is the main theme..

by its very name (fancy that eh) 'the lounge' the topics will be errm well topics that one may have in a 'lounge'..

if you dont like that then stay out maybe..?

or even be guided by the title of the thread..

bit like a vegan going into the butchers and moaning there is no nut roast on display..

on the actual context of the thread, each of us deal with certain situations differently..

'cos we are all different and have different issue's or not with family and other situations..

perhaps a bit of mutual respect..

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"It is very evident that people don't read all of the thread before they post because they are too keen to have a pop at someone who doesn't measure up to their expectations.

The OP did explain (further down the thread) that he was away from home working. Although I'd have uped and left the second I got the call I understand that its not always that easy for other people to do so.

People post on these forums looking for support all the time, why is this any different? Only this week we had one guy post about his dad being seriously ill, there was no condemnation towards him about wasting time posting on here instead of going to visit him.

Some people on here realy fancy themselves as Mary fucking Poppins at times "

And breathe.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

I see it's ok to have a dig at me because I asked for some help but to have a dig at me on a forum when I am blocked is that really fair

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm confused why people are having a go at others for assuming Vanguard was at hope doing nothing and saying he was out in his van? Halfway down the thread he clearly says that the police had been out to him which to me, and presumably others, suggests he was at home

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"I'm confused why people are having a go at others for assuming Vanguard was at hope doing nothing and saying he was out in his van? Halfway down the thread he clearly says that the police had been out to him which to me, and presumably others, suggests he was at home "

Or that he came home after writing the OP??

Reply privately

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

"It is very evident that people don't read all of the thread before they post because they are too keen to have a pop at someone who doesn't measure up to their expectations.

Some people on here realy fancy themselves as Mary fucking Poppins at times

And breathe..... "

Very well said , I can't leave my job in an emergancy unless I got someone to cover for me. I would be sacked if I did. Would then see a thread about being unemployed lol.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I see it that the OP was venting his frustration and concern on the forums.. We are all some what known for doing this... well I know I am. At least the main discussion of the thread his son has been found and is no longer missing.. which is good... everything else is just everything else I suppose...

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Ahh sorry, you wanted attention and smoke blowing up yer ass, i do appologise, but were you ever read the story of the boy who cried wolf too many times?

Come on bud... ffs

"

How rude!!

Reply privately

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

Just another lamp thread, in my opinion.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Just another lamp thread, in my opinion. "

What is a lamp thread??

Reply privately

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

"Just another lamp thread, in my opinion.

What is a lamp thread?? "

Look at me post

Reply privately

By *gt bobMan
over a year ago

sandwell

so worried u chose to post on fab,than phone round his mates,,

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"so worried u chose to post on fab,than phone round his mates,,"

How do you know that? His mother probably rang his friends anyway as he stays with her most of the time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had this with my 15yr old daughter, she was supposed to be in by 9pm and by 10pm i was on the phone to the police, by the time they asked what she was wearing, I was crying so much my son had to finish the call. As police turned up at my house (an hour after the call) she turned up at the same time and said that she had fallen asleep on her friends sofa.

I now have most of her friends on my F/Book and on my phone. Honest to god i have never been so worried in my life.

I hope they find your son very soon, thinking of you xx

Reply privately

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

"I had this with my 15yr old daughter, she was supposed to be in by 9pm and by 10pm i was on the phone to the police, by the time they asked what she was wearing, I was crying so much my son had to finish the call. As police turned up at my house (an hour after the call) she turned up at the same time and said that she had fallen asleep on her friends sofa.

I now have most of her friends on my F/Book and on my phone. Honest to god i have never been so worried in my life.

I hope they find your son very soon, thinking of you xx"

He was in the pub, with his mates.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Just another lamp thread, in my opinion.

What is a lamp thread??

Look at me post"

I will just carry on not knowing what it is because I am not scrolling through...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm confused why people are having a go at others for assuming Vanguard was at hope doing nothing and saying he was out in his van? Halfway down the thread he clearly says that the police had been out to him which to me, and presumably others, suggests he was at home "

Could the police have gone to his place of work to see him or do they only do home visits??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had this with my 15yr old daughter, she was supposed to be in by 9pm and by 10pm i was on the phone to the police, by the time they asked what she was wearing, I was crying so much my son had to finish the call. As police turned up at my house (an hour after the call) she turned up at the same time and said that she had fallen asleep on her friends sofa.

I hope they find your son very soon, thinking of you xx

He was in the pub, with his mates."

I think he should buy you a double for the worry !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pleased he is home safe and well, I can't imagine the stress you and your ex felt. I am sure you will both be speaking with him about future behaviour, particularly bearing in mind his condition. I wish you all the best with those conversations - not easy! x

Reply privately

over a year ago

To clarify at the beginning of this thread I was all the way down in Hampshire near fareham waiting to get off loaded my ex was at her house when she texted me to tell me the news. By the time the police came out to me at 0130 hours this morning I was laid on my bed wide awake in a state of shock and finding it hard to deal with. As for ringing his friends that is what the police and my ex was doing while I was heading back up to Surrey and the depot to drop the truck and trailer off. Has this cleared it up

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"I'm confused why people are having a go at others for assuming Vanguard was at hope doing nothing and saying he was out in his van? Halfway down the thread he clearly says that the police had been out to him which to me, and presumably others, suggests he was at home

To clarify at the beginning of this thread I was all the way down in Hampshire near fareham waiting to get off loaded my ex was at her house when she texted me to tell me the news. By the time the police came out to me at 0130 hours this morning I was laid on my bed wide awake in a state of shock and finding it hard to deal with. As for ringing his friends that is what the police and my ex was doing while I was heading back up to Surrey and the depot to drop the truck and trailer off. Has this cleared it up "

Probably not for some mate. Next time keep a minute by minute written diary. Lol. Glad he's safe and your all ok x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well get out and help in the search instead of sat here typing! Hope you find him and soon "

I wish people would read this thread properly before judging oh I forgot its a sex site and reading things properly is against protocall

Reply privately

over a year ago

Main thing is he's home safe and well by the sounds of things so just be happy!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Main thing is he's home safe and well by the sounds of things so just be happy! "

I am thank you and I think this thread has run its course now

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Main thing is he's home safe and well by the sounds of things so just be happy!

I am thank you and I think this thread has run its course now "

Agreed

Have a great day!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you everyone for your support and understanding. Yes there is some difference of opinions and life would be boring if we were all the same I am off now to try and enjoy my birthday take care and enjoy your day what ever you are up too. Thank you once again

Reply privately

over a year ago

How hypocritical of u!

It's a matter of opinion. I didn't see it as trolling, a more robust contribution than mine, but, as I said, matter of opinion."

Trolling or not your post was clealry attention seeking as u claimed this thread to be!

But then so are most put on here.. So what?

If you don't like a thread don't comment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nothing worse than assuming.

Also people deal with trhings in different ways, but it seems a lot of people seem to think just cos they wouldn't deal with it the same way then its wrong.. Serously..

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

As the OP's son is safe and well it looks like things turned out fine then maybe it is time to shut this as

Reply privately