Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

shopping...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I rarely go shopping, but today ventured out to buy a webcam and a pair of shoes. Started with the webcam, went to a small local provider who only had one for £65, no other stock. Didn't buy it, found a well reviewed one on Amazon later reduced from £30 to £8, bought it.

Ventured onto the high st for shoes. Started in Debenhams, found a couple of pairs I liked, waited for nearly 10 mins, no one there to find my size so left. When to River Island, found someone to help, looked for the pair I wanted but they didn't have my size, tried to get me to buy a completely different pair which I didn't want. Tried a couple of other stores, terrible choice of stock.

Went home, found the same brand as another pair I own, significantly cheaper than anything I'd seen on the high st, a pair I liked and will be delivered tomorrow.

Wandering around it was clear most shops were pretty much empty. Most had plenty of staff and I wondered just how much money most were losing on an average weekday when rents/rates/utlities and staff are considered.

All the coffee shops were busy!

I guess this is a long winded way of wondering if the high st and shopping as we used to do it is dead?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

"I rarely go shopping, but today ventured out to buy a webcam and a pair of shoes. Started with the webcam, went to a small local provider who only had one for £65, no other stock. Didn't buy it, found a well reviewed one on Amazon later reduced from £30 to £8, bought it.

Ventured onto the high st for shoes. Started in Debenhams, found a couple of pairs I liked, waited for nearly 10 mins, no one there to find my size so left. When to River Island, found someone to help, looked for the pair I wanted but they didn't have my size, tried to get me to buy a completely different pair which I didn't want. Tried a couple of other stores, terrible choice of stock.

Went home, found the same brand as another pair I own, significantly cheaper than anything I'd seen on the high st, a pair I liked and will be delivered tomorrow.

Wandering around it was clear most shops were pretty much empty. Most had plenty of staff and I wondered just how much money most were losing on an average weekday when rents/rates/utlities and staff are considered.

I guess this is a long winded way of wondering if the high st and shopping as we used to do it is dead?

"

Yep.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i do most of my shopping online, not cause im lazy i just hate shopping, i hate being around to many people and i hate queueing to pay, if i do go shopping if theres more than 1 person in front of me at the tills i will put the things down and leave, i just dont like shopping

over a year ago

"I rarely go shopping, but today ventured out to buy a webcam and a pair of shoes. Started with the webcam, went to a small local provider who only had one for £65, no other stock. Didn't buy it, found a well reviewed one on Amazon later reduced from £30 to £8, bought it.

Yep. "

+2

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

Internet shopping is great, but comes with a worry about couterfeit goods. They look exactly the same but quality just isnt there.

I hear there are even 'copy' Durex online. something def not to be trusted !!!!

over a year ago

"Internet shopping is great, but comes with a worry about couterfeit goods. They look exactly the same but quality just isnt there.

I hear there are even 'copy' Durex online. something def not to be trusted !!!!"

I don't think counterfeit goods are limited to online.

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

"Internet shopping is great, but comes with a worry about couterfeit goods. They look exactly the same but quality just isnt there.

I don't think counterfeit goods are limited to online. "

True I have some wonderful Gucci bags from Turkey

over a year ago

True I have some wonderful Gucci bags from Turkey "

I'm sure they would look great alongside my Louis Vuitton from Hong Kong!

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

True I have some wonderful Gucci bags from Turkey

I'm sure they would look great alongside my Louis Vuitton from Hong Kong! "

LOL, I have some lovely Breitling wrist watches to compliment the look

over a year ago

My fake Louboutin shoes rock (think one heel is higher than the other)

over a year ago

There will always be counterfeit stuff, the old fashioned markets used to be the place to source it, now it is online. I've not yet had a problem with anything bought online although I am reasonably careful where I buy from.

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

"My fake Louboutin shoes rock (think one heel is higher than the other) "

brilliant, limp in style

over a year ago

"My fake Louboutin shoes rock (think one heel is higher than the other)

brilliant, limp in style "

Every time I wear them I fall over ..... so it has to be the shoes that are defective.

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

"My fake Louboutin shoes rock (think one heel is higher than the other)

brilliant, limp in style

Every time I wear them I fall over ..... so it has to be the shoes that are defective. "

hmmmmmmm i feel an 'excuse' in there for too much of the fire water.

Post new Message to Thread