Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

carragher

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

jamie's leaving at end of season, happy or sad?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

Well he's actually announced he's leaving Liverpool and retiring from playing football.

He's been a magnificent player for Liverpool, and based on recent performances I'm a little surprised that he or the club haven't agreed a 12 month extension to his contract.

Jamie Carragher will move into a coaching role and then into management where his undoubted knowledge of the game will be tested out.

As we sing on The Kop "We all dream of a team of Carraghers", A magnificent and under rated player who has been a credit to the game and his club throughout his playing career.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

unfortunately he doesn't come with subtitles.

great player tho and a model pro

over a year ago

Sorely missed.....

Will miss his passion for LFC....

over a year ago

Good player in a poor team. Shame him and Gerrard never played for a top team to show what they could have acheived

over a year ago

"Good player in a poor team. Shame him and Gerrard never played for a top team to show what they could have acheived "

Pmsl

Gerard single handedly won the champions league so I think no matter how much of a LFC hater you are your statement is utter rubbish! Can't say I am a big car rather fan but have to admit I will miss him s oring for us or letting bale run rings around him. Go n play another season please!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Good player in a poor team. Shame him and Gerrard never played for a top team to show what they could have acheived "

As a Chelsea fan do you mean Man U..?

Real..

Barca perhaps..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"unfortunately he doesn't come with subtitles.

great player tho and a model pro"

agreed apart from your dialectic impediment of course..

over a year ago

"

Gerard single handedly won the champions league so I think no matter how much of a LFC hater you are your statement is utter rubbish! Can't say I am a big car rather fan but have to admit I will miss him s oring for us or letting bale run rings around him. Go n play another season please!"

Did he? I'm a neutral football fan mostly and I thought Shevchenko won it for ya by being such a shit striker from 2 yards out. 90th min blaze over the bar when it was harder to miss than score...........not to mention his pathetic penalty.

By *couse_Couple69Couple
over a year ago

Liverpool/Warrington

"Good player in a poor team. Shame him and Gerrard never played for a top team to show what they could have acheived

As a Chelsea fan do you mean Man U..?

Real..

Barca perhaps..

"

over a year ago

Will be interesting to see if Carra or many of the current crop of retiring players move into coaching. Past players did not earn enough to retire and therefore it was a natural progression. However, the current crop do not need to work so will be interesting to watch. On can argue that the last generation of players now coaching, Keane, Ince, Bruce, Robson etc have been abject failures, will current players be any better or will we see career coaches such as Rodgers and Mourinho becoming the norm?

over a year ago

"unfortunately he doesn't come with subtitles.

great player tho and a model pro"

and then i remembered the coin throwing and throwing his toys out of the pram over playing for England

Still a great player anyway

over a year ago

"

Gerard single handedly won the champions league so I think no matter how much of a LFC hater you are your statement is utter rubbish! Can't say I am a big car rather fan but have to admit I will miss him s oring for us or letting bale run rings around him. Go n play another season please!

Did he? I'm a neutral football fan mostly and I thought Shevchenko won it for ya by being such a shit striker from 2 yards out. 90th min blaze over the bar when it was harder to miss than score...........not to mention his pathetic penalty. "

To be fair to Sheva,when he was at Chelsea he was shit from a lot of other distances too

over a year ago

"jamie's leaving at end of season, happy or sad?"

Wank accent so who gives a fuck?

over a year ago

"

Did he? I'm a neutral football fan mostly and I thought Shevchenko won it for ya by being such a shit striker from 2 yards out. 90th min blaze over the bar when it was harder to miss than score...........not to mention his pathetic penalty.

To be fair to Sheva,when he was at Chelsea he was shit from a lot of other distances too"

How can you say that about one of Romans greatest signings

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Great example to other players and youngsters will be greatly missed but will make a great coach or manager

one club player who allways gave 100%

over a year ago

"jamie's leaving at end of season, happy or sad?

Wank accent so who gives a fuck?"

Sorry to hear that I hope you got n apology from your gene pool donor.

over a year ago

"Great example to other players and youngsters will be greatly missed but will make a great coach or manager

one club player who allways gave 100% "

I would think he will look back at his carer with pride. He actually played in a champions league final and won it. He has been loyal to his club and played for a team he loved and not just for the money. I would think John Terry is quite jealous of him.

By *emon tart Double creamCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

A true legend of the game... reserved that status alone for his performance in the Champions League final.

Always spoke honestly about a match so will be interesting to see how he is as a manager.

And quite how anyone from Leeds can skit at a scousers accent is beyond me..

over a year ago

Carragher redefined the club’s pass and move philosophy.

When Carra passes, the supporters move – out of the way and as quickly as possible.

over a year ago

"jamie's leaving at end of season, happy or sad?"

Happy happy happy. He says he's Liverpool through n through bit has an Everton tattoo....

AND HE HAS NO BELLY BUTTON

Never trust a man with no belly button

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

sad in a way;ok im a man td fan;

but he played for the love not money

good bloke wish him well

Post new Message to Thread