Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

home hair dyes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just about to rinse one out.. fingers crossed its been a sucess!!

i just cant justify spending out 70quid for the same job a 5 quid dye does. ive seen the horror stories but there are risks with everything in life.

do you use home colouring or the hairdressers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

hairdressers

By *hell and jWoman
over a year ago

doncaster

I do my hair dye all the time x

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I always home colour. But I've always had short hair. Now I've grown my hair out, it's getting a little more difficult to do myself. Mainly because it's so thick.

I've promised myself that once I get it to the length I want, I'm going to the hairdressers to have it professionally coloured. I want it purple. Proper bright purple. My hairdresser, mad as a box of frogs, texts me every week to see if it's long enough yet! He says he's sick of red hair dye, and want's to see a different colour!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always do my own. Except when I went blonde, being brunette dying my hair that light scared me.

Its black now, those sorts of colours O always do meself

over a year ago

Always do my own, even the highlights when needed. If it goes wrong , you can always lighten/darken it with another one (unless it goes green!)

By *ornieandhotCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

Have always done mine myself even the blonde it is now

Will admit the first time was a little scary though

But after doing it for about 25 years and all the colours under the sun guess I've had a little practice now lol

D x

over a year ago

before i had bills rent and other responsibilities it was a great luxury.. other stuff comes first.

loved the special massage chair they had when washing my hair though

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Now mine is black and shorter I do it myself. When I used to have long hair and highlights I used to get it done at the hairdressers. It's £4 for the dye and my mate cuts it once every 6 weeks for £10, I used to love going to the hairdressers but £60 a time was bad enough when I was working. Just can't afford it now x

over a year ago

Only ever have the hairdresser do it, I hve foils, 2 colours, hair cut and it costs £25 ... definetly worth it

over a year ago

I actually don't know how they justify the price in a hairdressers, most of the time you're just sat there waiting for the colour to take, while the hairdresser fits in another 2 clients!

over a year ago

wooooop it turned out pretty lush actually and very very close to the box (which with me rarely happens)

ahhhhh im back to a red head

over a year ago

"just about to rinse one out.. fingers crossed its been a sucess!!

i just cant justify spending out 70quid for the same job a 5 quid dye does. ive seen the horror stories but there are risks with everything in life.

do you use home colouring or the hairdressers? "

I use home colouring and have done for 15 years with no problems at all.

over a year ago

I used to do my hair but it seems to have fallen out maybe I should do my goatee lol

over a year ago

"wooooop it turned out pretty lush actually and very very close to the box (which with me rarely happens)

ahhhhh im back to a red head "

Just had a look at your pics wow that is a wicked red xx

over a year ago

Always colour my own...bit harder now ive got the hair extensions in but being a hairdresser helps

over a year ago

How do you do your own bleach foils. Just put a small thin amount on?

over a year ago

"Always colour my own...bit harder now ive got the hair extensions in but being a hairdresser helps "

omg id love extensions.. always regretted having my locks chopped off.

never thought hair could influence how sexy or confident id feel..

over a year ago

I've always done my own hair long or short x

over a year ago

"wooooop it turned out pretty lush actually and very very close to the box (which with me rarely happens)

Just had a look at your pics wow that is a wicked red xx "

thanks Vanguard.. its been brighter than this before when i used 'Crazy Colour' veg dyes.

over a year ago

Just had a look at your pics wow that is a wicked red xx

thanks Vanguard.. its been brighter than this before when i used 'Crazy Colour' veg dyes."

Georgeous

over a year ago

Looks gorgeous Sassy

over a year ago

I use home hair dye mainly because it costs a bomb and I get charged extra because my hair is long and thick and they refused to dye it the colour I wanted so they loose out and it cost me about £20 cos I normally need four lots of the stuff.

over a year ago

Looks lush cute

I always dye mine, not brave enough to go red. Our new uniform policy in work dictates no wild colours.

over a year ago

Hairdresser cuts and I colour, although I've not done it for a few months now as I wanted to try going back to my natural colour for a while, but my OH and kids are now pointing out all the 'natural highlights' so I'm off to the shops for a box of colour today or tomorrow, getting hair cut on Saturday so I'll be doing my colour very soon to cover up those highlights ... lol

over a year ago

"Looks lush cute

I always dye mine, not brave enough to go red. Our new uniform policy in work dictates no wild colours."

when i went bright pink i was pulled up by management and asked not to re dye my hair that colour once it needed changing as it was 'unprofessional'

however all the clients i looked after made comment on how it was such a cheerful colour and was known for my hair rather than the 'tubby' one lol

over a year ago

Not only do I colour my own hair I cut it as well. Hairdressers are a luxury I cannot afford now.

over a year ago

I go to the hairdressers to have it coloured.

But I want it pink for the Valentines Ball I'm going to. I need it to be a semi permanent colour and ill just keep washing it until the pink comes out before I'm next in work.

I can't get to the hairdressers so ill have to do it myself. What is the best product to use for this.

over a year ago

I've never dyed my hair, as in a full head dye, all I've done is touched the roots up the past few years to cover the grey, I just buy one of the root kits from the shop and do it myself, usually about 3 times a year, can't see the point in going to to hairdressers just to covet my roots to match my own colour, if I had ever gone to a full head total change of colour I would but not to just cover my grey

over a year ago

"I go to the hairdressers to have it coloured.

But I want it pink for the Valentines Ball I'm going to. I need it to be a semi permanent colour and ill just keep washing it until the pink comes out before I'm next in work.

I can't get to the hairdressers so ill have to do it myself. What is the best product to use for this. "

look for crazy colour online.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Looks great hun!! You pleased? X

By *ay78Man
over a year ago

manchester

I started dying my hair BLack to cover up my grey hairs, lol

Its easy as I have short hair.

By *all-Eddies QosCouple
over a year ago

wirral

been dying my hair for 17 years and never had any mishaps. Been white blond, dark brown and every colour in between

perming though......melted and turned into a white afro.........mega bleach and perm = hat for 18 months

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

never catch me colouring my hair .....cough !!!!

been colouring mine since high school and always done my own . has got a tad brighter and more adventurous over the years lol ! the freaky colours i do myself but the current black on top and red underneath had done at hairdressers but very reasonable price or id not have bothered

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Have mine cut and coloured every 4 weeks, costs £35 a time...last time had a pink semi-permanent crazy colour put on over the blonde which is now washing out - may go with another colour over it next time depending on what my hairdresser's got in

over a year ago

"Looks great hun!! You pleased? X"

yeah super pleased actually.. its more pinky than red. sadly the camera isnt picking that up though

over a year ago

£70! What hairdresser do you go to?

I get mine done at the hairdressers (necessity unfortunately to hide the grey), it costs me between £28 to £35 depending on whether I've had foils, this includes a cut and blowdry.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I can believe the £70 charge. It cost £30 round here just for a cust and blow dry LOL

I always colour my hair at home and not had any disasters......yet!!!

Except when I dad diedy hair platinum blonde but ended up brassy yellow

over a year ago

I cut and dye my own. Haven't been to a hairdresser for years.

Post new Message to Thread