Job Interview

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This Friday and was only told today, any good tips as I really bored where I am

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Be yourself. Don't try to pretend to be something you're not.

Dress smart.

Be punctual.

Listen.

Take something to write on and maybe have a few questions written down so you look prepared.

Research the company if possible.

over a year ago

Relax, smile and be confident

By *arsesCouple
over a year ago

15 mins south of Gatwick

[Removed by poster at 30/01/13 15:06:33]

over a year ago

"Relax, smile and be confident "

It's the relaxing part I find hard, stomach already in knots lol!!!

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Remember to stay focused even during opening/closing questions, as they are still inter_iewing.

Most importantly, get it.

over a year ago

"Remember to stay focused even during opening/closing questions, as they are still inter_iewing.

Most importantly, get it. "

Im hoping so. It means i can relocate back to where my little un lives again

over a year ago

"Show 'em your veris! "

over a year ago

confidance every time

Dont sit there being quiet only replying when spoken to, initiate some of the conversation yourself

I used to inter_iew in my last job and people who just said yes or no to anything i asked put me off straight away

remember they need you just as much as you need them so dont be afraid to ask them questions too

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Be confident, smile and if the inter_iewer is female touch her bottom. (if it is a male possibly still touch bottom but use caution)

By *Brinksy xxWoman
over a year ago

Halesowen

"This Friday and was only told today, any good tips as I really bored where I am "

I'm looking forward to inter_iewing you. Whatever you do, do not focus on my stockings under the dress!

By *asey369Woman
over a year ago

London

Smile - if they are inter_iewing you then you are qualified to do the job, so whether they would want to work with you is key.

Research the company and ask one or two relevant questions at the end of inter_iew - shows that you are committed.

Be enthusiastic about the role, speak about how you would enjoy the challenge and how your previous work experience is relevant.

GOOD LUCK!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good luck...

hope you get good news after...

By *ercedes62Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

"This Friday and was only told today, any good tips as I really bored where I am "

Dont forget your shirt

over a year ago

All of the above but do ask some good questions about what the company dose. Makes you seem intrested. They can be questions that already know the answer but they don't know you do.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Good luck for Friday!!!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Try your best not to fart

over a year ago

Brilliant advise folks, thanks you loads and tomorrows set aside for revising and gettung some question drawn up. Will keep you all informed xxxx

over a year ago

"This Friday and was only told today, any good tips as I really bored where I am

I'm looking forward to inter_iewing you. Whatever you do, do not focus on my stockings under the dress! "

Now that's an inter_iew I would like, and think if pass lol!!!

over a year ago

The last set of inter_iews I did I was on a panel of three male inter_iewers. One girl came in to the office and was extremely flustered. So I tried to get her settled, and she soon got into her stride answering the questions. That was until she decided to inform us that she was okay now, and apologised for being scatty earlier, 'but its cos I'm menstruating at the minute' me & my colleagues didn't know where to look hahaha

Don't say that in an inter_iew! especially being a bloke

over a year ago

"The last set of inter_iews I did I was on a panel of three male inter_iewers. One girl came in to the office and was extremely flustered. So I tried to get her settled, and she soon got into her stride answering the questions. That was until she decided to inform us that she was okay now, and apologised for being scatty earlier, 'but its cos I'm menstruating at the minute' me & my colleagues didn't know where to look hahaha

Don't say that in an inter_iew! especially being a bloke "

Lol!!! Amazing what nerves do to you, but I think I can hold back on blurting that one out lmao!!!!

over a year ago

Research about the potential employer, show interest by asking questions that are NOT related to remuneration.

over a year ago

"The last set of inter_iews I did I was on a panel of three male inter_iewers. One girl came in to the office and was extremely flustered. So I tried to get her settled, and she soon got into her stride answering the questions. That was until she decided to inform us that she was okay now, and apologised for being scatty earlier, 'but its cos I'm menstruating at the minute' me & my colleagues didn't know where to look hahaha

Don't say that in an inter_iew! especially being a bloke

Lol!!! Amazing what nerves do to you, but I think I can hold back on blurting that one out lmao!!!!"

Glad to hear, best of luck to you.

You've been given some great advice here.

Research the company very well! check them out on the internet, phone them, ask for brochures on products etc if you can't get much info.

The amount of people that came in jeans and t shirts was unbelievable. Get suited & booted, stand out from the crowd in positive ways. When your inter_iewing lots of candidates they can all blend into one, so if you can be outstanding you'll shine. And don't forget to have some great valid questions throughout and for the close of inter_iew. Check out Google for some of these & other inter_iew tips. If you are better prepared you should suffer from the nerves less.

hope it goes well for ya pal

By *oundforfun2TV/TS
over a year ago

Halifax

2 tips for inter_iew the first ask questions about the company and the role and second wear clean shoes.

I once got a job and one of the inter_iews told me later her first impression of was positive because I had very clean shoes, which lucky for me there were brand new.

By *Brinksy xxWoman
over a year ago

Halesowen

If you have a red tie, wear that, red shows confidence

over a year ago

"If you have a red tie, wear that, red shows confidence"

Or your in the Labour party

over a year ago

"Be yourself. Don't try to pretend to be something you're not.

Dress smart.

Be punctual.

Listen.

Take something to write on and maybe have a few questions written down so you look prepared.

Research the company if possible. "

you can really impress them with a bit of knowledge about the company.

over a year ago

Thanks for all your comments, after two days of solid research and armed with ten inquisitive questions am raring to go!!! Although I leave the bottom patting out if you don't mind lol!!!! Here goes nothing )))

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

"Thanks for all your comments, after two days of solid research and armed with ten inquisitive questions am raring to go!!! Although I leave the bottom patting out if you don't mind lol!!!! Here goes nothing )))"

go get em kid !!!

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

good luck, break a leg - though not before you finish it

over a year ago

Ooopps, didn't go too well now two weeks to wait till I find out!!!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

stay positive and focused... never over till the *** lady sings...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

hope it is good news.....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Two weeks is a long wait but there is nothing you can do now. Just let it go and keep interested and positive, if you still want the role.

Inter_iews are a two way process so think about if you feel the inter_iew wasn't good because of something they said that has you worried.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

and they may not have seen all the candidates yet and you would be surprised how people react while they wait for results.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"stay positive and focused... never over till the *** lady sings... "

BBW

over a year ago

"Two weeks is a long wait but there is nothing you can do now. Just let it go and keep interested and positive, if you still want the role.

Inter_iews are a two way process so think about if you feel the inter_iew wasn't good because of something they said that has you worried."

Just the technical questions weren't answered fluently enough for my liking (it's a whole new industry I'm trying to get in) they were very nice all the way through but I had to ask when I would find out, they just sort of said thanks for coming along and that's it!!!!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"stay positive and focused... never over till the *** lady sings...

BBW"

over a year ago

"Two weeks is a long wait but there is nothing you can do now. Just let it go and keep interested and positive, if you still want the role.

Inter_iews are a two way process so think about if you feel the inter_iew wasn't good because of something they said that has you worried.

Just the technical questions weren't answered fluently enough for my liking (it's a whole new industry I'm trying to get in) they were very nice all the way through but I had to ask when I would find out, they just sort of said thanks for coming along and that's it!!!!"

Fingers crossed for you pal. And if its your first inter_iew of its kind in this new industry & the worse comes to the worse, be optimistic and use it as a learning process. You'll have more knowledge for the next one.

But hope you get some good news all the same

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Just the technical questions weren't answered fluently enough for my liking (it's a whole new industry I'm trying to get in) they were very nice all the way through but I had to ask when I would find out, they just sort of said thanks for coming along and that's it!!!!"

I always tell people when I will be calling them but I don't give anything else except a thanks for coming along. Don't worry about that bit.

over a year ago

Crack a joke.. Always works for me ..

over a year ago

Bad news is I didn't get the job Giid news is they have recommended me fir another job (different role hopefully same money lol!) in the same place but have to have another inter_iew.......gotta go through that s**t again!!!!!

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Bad news is I didn't get the job Giid news is they have recommended me fir another job (different role hopefully same money lol!) in the same place but have to have another inter_iew.......gotta go through that s**t again!!!!!"
...Don't give up...

over a year ago

"Bad news is I didn't get the job Giid news is they have recommended me fir another job (different role hopefully same money lol!) in the same place but have to have another inter_iew.......gotta go through that s**t again!!!!!"

Well that's sort of good news, now you have done it once the second one won't be so bad, just go in there and sell yourself!! Good luck

over a year ago

Sorry you didn't get it better luck next time

By *asey369Woman
over a year ago

London

I think that is great news, they were obviously impressed with you to recommend you for another role!

By *exy firemanMan
over a year ago

essex

"Crack a joke.. Always works for me ..

"

thought that you are unemployed?

over a year ago

Good luck on the next one, however hopefully you will know kind of what to expect... I'm looking hard and feel like I have missed out on an opportunity as I couldn't make the inter_iew day and time due to work, and they only have two days notice

over a year ago

"Crack a joke.. Always works for me ..

thought that you are unemployed? "

No, I have a well paid job but I had to relocate away from daughter to get it

over a year ago

"Bad news is I didn't get the job Giid news is they have recommended me fir another job (different role hopefully same money lol!) in the same place but have to have another inter_iew.......gotta go through that s**t again!!!!!

Good luck on the next one, however hopefully you will know kind of what to expect... I'm looking hard and feel like I have missed out on an opportunity as I couldn't make the inter_iew day and time due to work, and they only have two days notice "

What job were you going for Hun?

over a year ago

Good luck!! Get the job

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/02/13 19:31:57]

over a year ago

"Bad news is I didn't get the job Giid news is they have recommended me fir another job (different role hopefully same money lol!) in the same place but have to have another inter_iew.......gotta go through that s**t again!!!!!

Good luck on the next one, however hopefully you will know kind of what to expect... I'm looking hard and feel like I have missed out on an opportunity as I couldn't make the inter_iew day and time due to work, and they only have two days notice

What job were you going for Hun?"

Lettings administrator, less pressure than what I'm doing now yet more money x

over a year ago

Lettings administrator, less pressure than what I'm doing now yet more money x"

It will happen, just have to be patient, which is easier said then done when you want out isnt it lol!!

over a year ago

It will happen, just have to be patient, which is easier said then done when you want out isnt it lol!!"

Very much so... So many jobs out there but fighting with so many people

over a year ago

It will happen, just have to be patient, which is easier said then done when you want out isnt it lol!!

Very much so... So many jobs out there but fighting with so many people "

Fingers x for both of us then hey!!!! Xxx

over a year ago

You'll knock em dead Stu xx

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

Good luck with the next one. Does it mean you could be heading back up north? xxx

over a year ago

"Good luck with the next one. Does it mean you could be heading back up north? xxx"

A little way up to sleepy Lincolnshire yeh!!!!!

over a year ago

Find out today whether I was successful or not.....to say I'm nervy don't even come close

over a year ago

"Find out today whether I was successful or not.....to say I'm nervy don't even come close "

Fingers crossed for you x

over a year ago

Have been reading this thread of the last few weeks

Fingers crossed here for you

Good luck x

over a year ago

Good luck!!!

over a year ago

Thinkin about you oh and good luck with the inter_iew lol

over a year ago

Always things im looking for when i inter_iew are..

Being punctual,nice and tidy,not being forced just being relaxed and them self and making sure they have manners and have everything they needed to bring with them,if anything.

Just try not to get nerves and babble nonsense.

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"Thinkin about you oh and good luck with the inter_iew lol

"

He had the inter_iew a few weeks ago and just resurrected the thread as he's now expecting the outcome.

over a year ago

He had the inter_iew a few weeks ago and just resurrected the thread as he's now expecting the outcome. "

I know, I know. I was too busy fluttering my eyelashes and forgot what I was typing lol easily distracted me!

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

He had the inter_iew a few weeks ago and just resurrected the thread as he's now expecting the outcome.

I know, I know. I was too busy fluttering my eyelashes and forgot what I was typing lol easily distracted me! "

Aaah I see

over a year ago

Well, nothing...no email, call, carrier pigeon or owt!!!!

Maybe the silence is I was such a good candidate along with the others and they can't choose between us lol!!!

over a year ago

At a job inter_iew.

"What would you say was your greatest weakness?"

"Honesty."

"I don't think honesty is a weakness."

"I don't give a fuck what you think."

over a year ago

"At a job inter_iew.

"What would you say was your greatest weakness?"

"Honesty."

"I don't think honesty is a weakness."

"I don't give a fuck what you think.""

over a year ago

Thanks for all your comments and advise, found out today I wasn't successful I have a job so can't complain too much but back to the job hunting!!!!!

over a year ago

"Thanks for all your comments and advise, found out today I wasn't successful I have a job so can't complain too much but back to the job hunting!!!!!"

sorry to hear that

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

back to the hunt mate good luck

over a year ago

Ta, they reckon they are keeping me in thier books and will be in touch if another Job comes up.....just worried that's a party line lol!!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Ta, they reckon they are keeping me in thier books and will be in touch if another Job comes up.....just worried that's a party line lol!!!"

Keep looking I have had that and I have never heard from them again...

over a year ago

Usually!!! But that's exactly what happened with the Job I have now, didn't get the Job then a call a month and a half later to ask if I was still interested )))) so on that I'm quite hopeful x

over a year ago

Good luck!

Post new Message to Thread