Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

So you say you wanna Revolution....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

... well you know, we all wanna change the world!

What would you change if you had the power to push an immediate change in this country or globally?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If I had omnipotent power I would set a curse on humanity that meant that every person who takes a life will die immediately after their victim stops breathing. For whatever reason.

On a political level, I'd abolish all forms of taxation apart from one: a direct flat rate sales tax of 15% on everything you purchase and windfall gains (such as winnings from the lotto, or gambling etc), and nobody would be exempt from it.

By *hris N KateCouple
over a year ago

Gainesville

Would declaring myself evil overlord of the world count? Cause then the fun could really start!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I would put the Chuckle Brothers in charge with their deputies Jedward, Bros, The Cheeky Girls, The Proclaimers and Stavros Flatley.

How could anything possibly go wrong

By *hris N KateCouple
over a year ago

Gainesville

Not sure much would change.

over a year ago

I would levy a 1p a week tax on the entire UK population (approx 62 m = £620,000) to be payable to me to be distributed in the manner I see fit, like a modern day Robin Hood (without the green tights!)

This money would be anonymously distributed and I'd have a cunning system in place to tax it - who'd miss 1p a week after all!

Of course my personal expenses would have to come out of it - travel, dry cleaning of the Robin Hood suit, food, donuts etc - but that shouldn't add up to more than a few grand a week!!

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

"If I had omnipotent power I would set a curse on humanity that meant that every person who takes a life will die immediately after their victim stops breathing. For whatever reason.

On a political level, I'd abolish all forms of taxation apart from one: a direct flat rate sales tax of 15% on everything you purchase and windfall gains (such as winnings from the lotto, or gambling etc), and nobody would be exempt from it."

Does that eye for an eye gig include Prince Harry?

over a year ago

Simple…… I’d relocate London and all that goes with it to a location 10 mile due south of the Roman wall….

That way everything that really needs sorting in our country might stand a better chance getting the attention it deserves….

over a year ago

"If I had omnipotent power I would set a curse on humanity that meant that every person who takes a life will die immediately after their victim stops breathing. For whatever reason.

On a political level, I'd abolish all forms of taxation apart from one: a direct flat rate sales tax of 15% on everything you purchase and windfall gains (such as winnings from the lotto, or gambling etc), and nobody would be exempt from it.

Does that eye for an eye gig include Prince Harry?"

Why single Harry out? Why not all the other soldiers who have shot and killed people?

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

We would have to start producing more offspring, otherwise we could never win a war. China would rule the world

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

On a political level, I'd abolish all forms of taxation apart from one: a direct flat rate sales tax of 15% on everything you purchase and windfall gains (such as winnings from the lotto, or gambling etc), and nobody would be exempt from it.Does that eye for an eye gig include Prince Harry?"

bit of a strange question from an ex serviceman..?

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

On a political level, I'd abolish all forms of taxation apart from one: a direct flat rate sales tax of 15% on everything you purchase and windfall gains (such as winnings from the lotto, or gambling etc), and nobody would be exempt from it.Does that eye for an eye gig include Prince Harry?

bit of a strange question from an ex serviceman..?"

I was making a point that a blanket statement without thought can be misguided as you pointed out to me!

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

Why single Harry out? Why not all the other soldiers who have shot and killed people?"

I was trying to make a point on your blanket die immediately comment?

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

[Removed by poster at 30/01/13 11:31:42]

over a year ago

in Lancashire

On a political level, I'd abolish all forms of taxation apart from one: a direct flat rate sales tax of 15% on everything you purchase and windfall gains (such as winnings from the lotto, or gambling etc), and nobody would be exempt from it.Does that eye for an eye gig include Prince Harry?

bit of a strange question from an ex serviceman..?I was making a point that a blanket statement without thought can be misguided as you pointed out to me!"

i didnt, i asked a question following on from Wishy's tbh..

why single him out..?

if its just to point out that there was a previous blanket statement by the OP, then using one person / profession is the same..

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

bit of a strange question from an ex serviceman..?I was making a point that a blanket statement without thought can be misguided as you pointed out to me!

i didnt, i asked a question following on from Wishy's tbh..

why single him out..?

if its just to point out that there was a previous blanket statement by the OP, then using one person / profession is the same.. "

It was to make a point of cause and effect!!! Lost me thinks

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

*sends in The Proclaimers to calm things down*

over a year ago

in Lancashire

not lost at all..

see where your coming from, but have own view of what you were up to..

enjoy..

over a year ago

I would do away with elitism and get rid of the royals. Make politicians live within there communities in council housing. Stop over paid wages for bankers and the entertainment industry.

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

"not lost at all..

see where your coming from, but have own view of what you were up to..

enjoy.."

What was I was up to?

By *hris N KateCouple
over a year ago

Gainesville

Risky question with this crowd

over a year ago

Why single Harry out? Why not all the other soldiers who have shot and killed people?

I was trying to make a point on your blanket die immediately comment?"

Yes, I know, but you've missed the entire point of that blanket statement. If everybody knew that they'd die seconds after killing someone they wouldn't bloody do it would they. Ok, you'd still get crimes of passion but those murders would be solved instantly the moment someone dies as the perp would be dead too. Without any murder in the world there wouldn't be a need for an army either would there.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would make ozzy osbourne prime minister

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would make ozzy osbourne prime minister

over a year ago

What, twice?

over a year ago

I would ban religion in all forms. Us ahteists do no harm to anyone.... we don't fly jets into skyscrapers, we don't shag choirboys, we don't make women second-class citizens who are found guilty of having being raped, we don't get upset when a copy of the bible or Koran is burned, we are not the biggest landowners in the country (Church Of England) and refuse to release money to help others ... I could go on.

I think there should be a national burka week where everyone in the country (men and women) wear burkas. So that whenever a muslim goes into a shop or bank, all they will see is a pair of eyes. Now that's what I call communication.

By the way I am not prejudiced ... just glad to be atheist.

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

I was trying to make a point on your blanket die immediately comment?

Yes, I know, but you've missed the entire point of that blanket statement. If everybody knew that they'd die seconds after killing someone they wouldn't bloody do it would they. Ok, you'd still get crimes of passion but those murders would be solved instantly the moment someone dies as the perp would be dead too. Without any murder in the world there wouldn't be a need for an army either would there.

"

Wow............to cerebral for me!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I would make ozzy osbourne prime minister"

He would have to oust the Chuckle Brothers first

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I would ban dog poo and force cyclists to use 1000 whatt bulbs after 5pm.

I would make it illegal to wear a hat backwards and make Marmite illegal.

I would ban the word 'awesome' unless it was being used to describe a supanova blowing up in the heart of a nebula or similar situations.

Important stuff like that

over a year ago

"I would ban religion in all forms. Us ahteists do no harm to anyone.... we don't fly jets into skyscrapers, we don't shag choirboys, we don't make women second-class citizens who are found guilty of having being raped, we don't get upset when a copy of the bible or Koran is burned, we are not the biggest landowners in the country (Church Of England) and refuse to release money to help others ... I could go on.

I think there should be a national burka week where everyone in the country (men and women) wear burkas. So that whenever a muslim goes into a shop or bank, all they will see is a pair of eyes. Now that's what I call communication.

By the way I am not prejudiced ... just glad to be atheist."

Hallelujah to that brother (or sister)!!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"... well you know, we all wanna change the world!

What would you change if you had the power to push an immediate change in this country or globally?"

I have a long list...too long to put up.....but im sure those that know me will understand when the dark deviant policies crop up.

over a year ago

"... well you know, we all wanna change the world!

What would you change if you had the power to push an immediate change in this country or globally?I have a long list...too long to put up.....but im sure those that know me will understand when the dark deviant policies crop up. "

in my government, you would be my minister of corrections and punishments

By *hris N KateCouple
over a year ago

Gainesville

I am so glad there are a few evil geniuses around. Lol

over a year ago

"I am so glad there are a few evil geniuses around. Lol"

Plenty of Evil on here but a distinct lack of geniuses