Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Worst act you have seen

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Paul Weller.

I went to see him at the Albert Hall. He cam on stage and seemed to be having a tantrum. Announced he was doing a playlist of songs he wanted to play. He went on to play B sides, album tracks and obscure cover versions. The couple next to me fell asleep and quite a few people left. If I had not travelled all the way from Cornwall to see him, I would have done the same!

I have never bought another Weller album since

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ian Page and the Affair, they'd played 3 songs before the crowd realised they were on stage. Sound was crap and there was no stage presence. That said, by all accounts they are usually brilliant so i maybe caught an off night at an off venue (Bridlington Spa has always been shit for sound quality)

over a year ago

showaddywaddy, it was at the Isle of man TT races a while ago, I had nothing to do and thought it would be a bit of a laugh. Beer and good ideas do not go toether.......

over a year ago

Shack in the Academy in Liverpool a few years back. On record they are amazing and one of the most underrated bands in the Uk, but at this end of tour home town gig they appeared to be playing for their mates stood t the front

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

Cliff Richard

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Cliff Richard"

You went to see Cliff Richard? You deserve all you get!

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Stereophonics right before they made it. Out of time/tune and full of self importance.

Their self importance came across so strong they were actually boo'd even before they began their first song.

Cant imagine what Kelly whats his face is like nowadays

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

"Cliff Richard

You went to see Cliff Richard? You deserve all you get! "

There is a valid reason............!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

UB 40 at the NEC late 80's

It was a charity concert with all the acts coming from the Birmingham area (ELO, Slade, Procul Harem, Wizzard, The Specials & many more than I can recall.

During their Red Red Wine track, the black dude who raps in the middle was conspicuous by his absence

Apparently he had got lost backstage, but they were crap anyway

over a year ago

My ex-wife having an 'orgasm'.

over a year ago

Skinhead o conner at the Cornwall colosium in the late 80s

over a year ago

Van Morrison about 15 years ago at The Apollo in Manchester ... was so far up his own ass he has only just surfaced again for me by the (re)discovery of Astral Weeks

over a year ago

"Paul Weller.

I went to see him at the Albert Hall. He cam on stage and seemed to be having a tantrum. Announced he was doing a playlist of songs he wanted to play. He went on to play B sides, album tracks and obscure cover versions. The couple next to me fell asleep and quite a few people left. If I had not travelled all the way from Cornwall to see him, I would have done the same!

I have never bought another Weller album since"

Was this after the 22 Dreams album by any chance? Cos that was shocking.

But I do love Weller, his Jam and solo work, with a smidgen of Style Council thrown in.

I've seen him a few times, and one of the best gigs I've been to was him performing at Dalby Forest.

He is a bit of a misery though

over a year ago

amy winehouse about 2006 nia birmingham, her fella went to jail the day before, she was off her tits calling the crowd muggy cunts ha ha.....so bad it made the news, but in a weird way it was mesmerising...........also i seen pete doherty in varius guises with babyshambles libertines and solo, probs about 8-9 times in total, somtimes absolutley brillent conection with crowd, sumtimes just strange

over a year ago

A couple of years ago I went to see a rock band called Alter Bridge in Norwich. They had 2 support acts, one was called Logan who were great. The second neither me or my mate had never heard of, called Hot Leg.

Turned out it was Justin Hawkins new band and they came on stage looking like throwbacks to the horrible pop/rock bands of the 80's. Wearing tight leopard skin trousers, day-glo socks, bandanas, big hair, spiked codpieces. Which would have been funny in an ironic sort of way if the music was good, but it wasn't. It was still Hawkins and his ridiculous falsetto.

A couple of thousand rock greebos boo-ing them off worked a treat. And the lead singer of AB didn't know what to say about them. That's when I learned that the main acts sometimes have no say about who their support is.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Rolling Stones....Wembley Voodoo Lounge Tour

The only saving point was the fact that we never paid for the tickets, those that paid a fortune must have been well pissed off.

over a year ago

HIM

shit live, cant sing for toffee

over a year ago

"Paul Weller.

I have never bought another Weller album since"

We were at the same concert. Truly awful and we left early. Will not be paying to see him again. He acted like a complete tosser all night.

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Nikki Minaj was without doubt the worst I've ever seen - my 12 year old thought it was fab and it got me cool mum points for taking her but the biggest load of shite!!

By *uncouple981Couple
over a year ago

ayrshire

The cheeky girls.

When I was shopping in Glasgow one day just happened upon a concert in George square for something don't know what but the cheeky girls were on so had to stop and watch. It was terrible they can't sing at all.

Couldn't get the cheeky cheeky song out of my head for days after.

X

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

west life bad sound bad stage was disappointed

Post new Message to Thread