Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Different types of submissives

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can you name the different types and can explain what they all are?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

*you

By *omtom7Man
over a year ago

Tralee

Not sure, just used to love watching my wife with other guys. Don't know if that qualifies

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm sub not sure what kind right enough?I should have asked my old domme.ha.( she's not old )

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"Can you name the different types and can explain what they all are?

"

This sounds like a question on an exam paper

over a year ago

High Protocol Subs

Low Protocol Subs

Erm, I know a few others but they aren't officially recognised by the Supreme Overlords of the BDSM Community and I wouldn't want to offend. Anyone.

Ever.

Actually thats a lie. I really would.

over a year ago

Like it

over a year ago

I can but if you read my profile it shows the different Dominant traits so just flip to the oposite traits.

over a year ago

"

No, I can't

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"

Interesting question to long to discuss here but feel free to private message me.

over a year ago

"I can but if you read my profile it shows the different Dominant traits so just flip to the opposite traits."

Nice profile. I like how you've written it

Is there a hybrid submissive?

over a year ago

Interesting question to long to discuss here but feel free to private message me."

No no no....the whole point is to discuss here so everyone gets to discuss and read. I could post loads but I I've posted in the hope people will discuss it all. Maybe some will learn something new...including me but not limited to me.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

I don’t know the first thing about it although we’ve always indulged in light bdsm.

We do our own thing and don’t pay much attention to the classification tags stuff is given.

By *opetop4UMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Pain slut.

Rope bunny.

Spankee

By *inkedKuntsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Pain slut.

Rope bunny.

Spankee"

Wouldn't say they are sub roles, I know dominant people who love to be tied and also enjoy the cathartic release of pain. They get this by topping from the bottom so they keep control of the scene and remain the D type.

I would say there is no 'types' of subs. Unless your meaning like s1aves, but a s1ave is very different from a sub.

over a year ago

High protocol.

Low protocol.

Littles.

Brats.

Middles.

Service submissives.

Sexual submissives.

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

Ok here's my limited observations in no particular order. The women that I would have described as sexually submissive were usually anything but outside of the bedroom. One woman said she found the idea of being used under the control of another to be arousing. She could list a number of scenarios with the same dynamic. The loss of control is arousing for some.

Why do some find pain and degradation arousing? You tell me. You have to trust someone for that dynamic.

But as to putting them into categories, I really couldn't.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

With me at least I'm a blend of lots of different kinds of submissive. That I really can't differentiate between the different types. Even if I'm being particularly masochistic, there will be other submissive traits displayed also. So I guess I'm answering your OP really badly

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I'm not entirely sure labels help that much to be honest. You can be more than one of the 'types' and that can change depending on the day/mood/dominant you are with.

I wouldn't have a clue what category to put myself into to - I am me and as long as my partner is happy with that then all is good

over a year ago

Yes i believe all subs are fluid and hybrid. No one likes being just one thing if we truly evolve

over a year ago

Pillow princess.

*tell me this isn’t one?!

over a year ago

Meatball marinara... ohh submissives not Subs. Gotcha.

By *eastJrMan
over a year ago

London

Submission is a spectrum, it depends on the agreed dynamic, and the different personalities. Don't get yourself busy with labels, focus on the connection.

By *inkyycurvyyWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Echoing some of the posts above, I would describe myself as generally submissive and definitely take the 'bottom' role during sex and play, but I don't feel I fit neatly into any of the 'roles' allocated to submissives and probably move between most of them depending on my mood that day and who I am playing with.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

No, as much like a cake, the ingredients can and will change at any given time. A sub who loves restraint wax play with me, adores just flogging with another domme, I guess it's much like listing all the different kinks

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I agree with the general ethos of people being individuals and having aspects of multiple submissive 'roles'

I'll just throw Primal Prey into the mix. As that's an aspect that appeals to me.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Suspect the whole scene is a spectrum and subjective and therefore doesn’t lend itself to labels easily.

Where you are on the spectrum is subject to agreement between the parties involved I suppose and is often fluid.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I don’t know the first thing about it although we’ve always indulged in light bdsm.

We do our own thing and don’t pay much attention to the classification tags stuff is given."

This, pretty much.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I'm not entirely sure labels help that much to be honest. You can be more than one of the 'types' and that can change depending on the day/mood/dominant you are with.

I wouldn't have a clue what category to put myself into to - I am me and as long as my partner is happy with that then all is good "

I think this aligns with my outlook too. I'm a purveyor of 'enhanced vanilla' because I'm not a swinger in the traditional sense (whatever that is). Although I'm not submissive I am more focused on leading and orchestrating the encounter.

over a year ago

Caffeine submissive.

I’ll let you buy me a coffee

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

The subs that go deep

By *aidbacklover2021Man
over a year ago

perth

Natural subs sometimes they don't even know themselves they are sub.

But it's great awakening those urges and seeing them come alive

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

No. I get why it can be useful sometimes - easier to find those who'll compliment you if you know you identify in/are a particular way.

There are so many out there aren't there though? I don't think I'm submissive, sometimes I think maybe I am but I think I'm more a kinky fucker who enjoys exploring sex, intimacy and all it involves without saying "yes, this is the box I neatly fit into". Different people bring out different sides to me - sometimes I'm happy to have my arse spanked, other times I want to watch someone wank over my face.

By *rucey_BigBallsMan
over a year ago

London

Good girls and bad girls

By *hatsthisMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

No expert but my sub side is more about doing chores, obeying , lifts housework under a strict Mistress rather than being tied up flogged or the like .

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Interesting question to long to discuss here but feel free to private message me.

No no no....the whole point is to discuss here so everyone gets to discuss and read. I could post loads but I I've posted in the hope people will discuss it all. Maybe some will learn something new...including me but not limited to me.

"

fair enough well others have so all good .

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Don’t really like to label people but my experience has been bratty subs , needy subs, subs with very dominant lives / jobs, and tuna and mayo subs.

By *aggy dollsCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

I'm aware of many 'types' of sub. I will agree with those above that it is ever evolving and can depend on the person(s) you are sharing the experience with.

I am a generally submissive person, but have employment that brings out my dominant traits.

I never feel that I fit into one box or another and show traits of many different submissive types.

Luna

By *inkyfilthymindMan
over a year ago

Berks / Heathrow

Ones that relinquish control of their body or their mind. The former misconstrued frequently as sexual submission. Latter is fascinating and takes trust and time to establish.

For me, this is the basis on which specific scenarios are built on based on individual curiosities

over a year ago

I don't think you can label all the submissives. You can think you are listing them all then someone will come up with something else, the same as with Amy fetishes. I always thought I was on the submissive spectrum, however I've learned it depends who I'm with, I enjoy some aspects of being submissive but always tended to top from the bottom, I guess I would never trust someone enough to fully submit to them

over a year ago

I have no idea about many labels. I know what turns me on and being submissive is just part of my sexuality…I can be dominating also.

When I’m submissive then I like to please and be told how to please in a purely oral way. I’ve always had a thing for a queening chair with me underneath in chastity with wrists strapped to it. The domme sits in the chair and is “serviced” any way she wants and instructs me accordingly. Watersports is usually involved and she almost always has some sort of “power prop”, a symbol of her power or nonchalance, such as a glass of wine, a crop, or is smoking a cigarette. Hey, don’t judge, it’s my fantasy!

I’m not into verbal humiliation at all…that would be a turn off. And I’m not into anything that is more than a little pain. I don’t really like being tied up, although blindfolded is nice.

By *orphia2003Woman
over a year ago

Tonypandy.

They are individual people with varied interests that fall within the submission umbrella

By *ohndom2023Man
over a year ago

Hastings/Greenwich

It is a very big question as everyone is so different i feel it is better to discover this with your partner through honest & open communication.

The terms sub or dom are not particularly helpful as descriptors for who a person is in the world of kink.

By *adyinred696969Couple
24 weeks ago

Brecon

"They are individual people with varied interests that fall within the submission umbrella "

This.

Whilst there will be definitions that broadly cover what a person is into, each individual will be just that, an individual, and their particular circumstance will be nuanced (is that even a word?) By their personality etc.

Post new Message to Thread