Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Folk who won't work!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know its a subject that's been touched on more than a few times on the forums.

But just watched 'This Morning' young healthy couple on there happily living on benefits and won't work for less than 18k , they have a young child and there living in a two bed flat and everythings paid for by the system!

It makes my blood boil .....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am a single mum. I work. I own my house. I claim tax credits etc no benefits as I cant lol! !

And I won't!!

I am proud!!!!!!!!!

over a year ago

didnt watch that bit because id have gotten mad at the tv lol

i took 3yrs out but am certainly glad to have returned back to work..

over a year ago

Drives me mad!!!!

My youngest daughter is a single parent and works as well as going to college to do a full time course. She doesn't scrounge anything.

Some people make me so cross

over a year ago

"I am a single mum. I work. I own my house. I claim tax credits etc no benefits as I cant lol! !

And I won't!!

I am proud!!!!!!!!!"

I don't have a problem with folk claiming benefits or anything else when times are hard, its the fact that they couldn't be bothered to work for less than 18k.

Our systems weren't designed to cater for these lazy bone idle people!

over a year ago

Don't get me started on this, the fucking system is ridiculous it encourages people not to work

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I didnt see it, but surely if they are sitting on national television talking about it something can be done to cut there benefits. You here so much about genuine cases that really have to fight to get what they are entitled to so how come some get it so easily

over a year ago

"didnt watch that bit because id have gotten mad at the tv lol

i took 3yrs out but am certainly glad to have returned back to work.. "

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears !

over a year ago

"I didnt see it, but surely if they are sitting on national television talking about it something can be done to cut there benefits. You here so much about genuine cases that really have to fight to get what they are entitled to so how come some get it so easily"

Not sure but think having a child makes it a lot easier for people to do this .

over a year ago

Does it matter what other people do,get on with your own life, why waste time worrying about who gets what, ffs

Oh and before anyone says it no lm not on benefits, l work hard play hard.

By *agna Cum LaudeMan
over a year ago

Laudable

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears !"

For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?

over a year ago

"Don't get me started on this, the fucking system is ridiculous it encourages people not to work "

Yep , they've no direction or goals in life other than what they can get for free....

over a year ago

Dole scroungers are not a new phenomenon; this has been a media favourite for forty years. They focus on the odd case like the one mentioned this morning.

It's a shame there isn't the same amount if investigation and spotlight put on large corporations dodging no end of tax. But that stuff is harder to prove so gets left largely unchecked.

Cheating benners is wrong, of course it is. But please don't try and tell me that the other end of the social scale is blameless.

Why not tackle the complex system of welfare and depersonalise the debate. Only a thought.

over a year ago

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears ! For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?"

Sorry maybe I'm not putting into words properly how it came across on TV, I know there's no work and many are struggling by, but what these two where saying was 'why should we work for less than 18k when that's what we get on benefits' .

over a year ago

"Dole scroungers are not a new phenomenon; this has been a media favourite for forty years. They focus on the odd case like the one mentioned this morning.

It's a shame there isn't the same amount if investigation and spotlight put on large corporations dodging no end of tax. But that stuff is harder to prove so gets left largely unchecked.

Cheating benners is wrong, of course it is. But please don't try and tell me that the other end of the social scale is blameless.

Why not tackle the complex system of welfare and depersonalise the debate. Only a thought.

"

This family aren't cheating or breaking the law, its the system that's encouraging them to sit at home and do nothing !

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"...............

"

Some folks need the debate to be personal.

It makes it so much easier to demonise those they dislike.

over a year ago

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears ! For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?

Sorry maybe I'm not putting into words properly how it came across on TV, I know there's no work and many are struggling by, but what these two where saying was 'why should we work for less than 18k when that's what we get on benefits' .

"

I am curious, would you work for less then what you could claim in benifits?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears ! For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?

I am curious, would you work for less then what you could claim in benifits?"

Would anyone?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/01/13 12:16:56]

over a year ago

I am curious, would you work for less then what you could claim in

benifits?"

But surely people should earn what they can to support themselves and top up the shortfall with benefits

over a year ago

I don't agree with it, but why would they make there life so much more difficult by going to work, just to earn what there getting in benefits anyway, it's not right but carnt blame them, it's the people who are skint getting Jsa and then scrounging off there mates, or going round robbing people that's r the problem, not young families like that. Lived in Chelmsley wood Birmingham until about 4 years ago......so know quite a few scroungers

By *ex God and Sex KittenCouple
over a year ago

Planet kitten, North East usually but occasionally South as well

I'd agree that people like this couple give people on benefits a bad name, but id be interested to know who'd take a job when it meant they were worse off by doing so.

I think people are forgetting that many people rely on benefits as they are not able to work and how frustrating it is for those who want to work but can't.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I was unemployed for a good long period - near 4 years, basically being over qualified and not having enough experience.

I dont break easily by any means but as part of my loan arrange for my 2nd degree I had to provide evidence I was looking for work. My application numbers were over 1500 (only a limited number of them being cv mail shots), though after 3 yrs there was a turning point where I just thought fuck it, I'll take handouts.

It is a very easy cycle to get into and I suspect, if I didnt have my bank asking me for evidence I could have easily slipped into the welfare system.

As it was, I eventually got a job in a call centre - with very poor mnagers/employee relations, however once in that job the number of inter_iews I received outnumbered that of my previous 3+yrs of unemployment.

Prior to that job I had maybe 15 inter_iews in 3.5 yrs.

This is from someone who is educated; I am just glad I had my education as those who dont put emphasis on it, are in a wholey fruitless position.

Sorry for the blurb - I'm off ill and havent slept lol

over a year ago

I am curious, would you work for less then what you could claim in benifits?"

I've never claimed benefits so guess I've been lucky to always have work. But in answer to your question , yes I would still work for less than I could get on the system. It's called having a bit of pride !

over a year ago

Would anyone?"

I currently do, but thats my choice. I dont see the need to barrack others that use there rights to receive these benifits to which they are entitled by the law of this land.

What is far more important and equally far more damaging is the allowances our government makes to large multi-national corporation so as to avoid paying tax leveys in accordance with british law.

stories like the ones mentioned here are circulated so as to cause divide amongst the people and In doing so remove from the agenda legitimate taxes which are rightly due to this country. A debt far greater than any perceived missuse of welfare benifits.

but thats just my opinion. :p

over a year ago

I am curious, would you work for less then what you could claim in

benifits?

But surely people should earn what they can to support themselves and top up the shortfall with benefits "

Absolutely

over a year ago

I see this ... and in away its the government done this ... They get 18k for nothing just to live ... so if a full time job come 20k even that thay would feel not worth it ... and his dad owned a business too .. you would think he could help as thay said doing very well . Its a hard one thay have to live and feed and clothe them self but just to be given it for nothing maybe should do community work ?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I didn't see the programme. Does anyone who did know how much of the £18,000 pa is Housing Benefit?

TIA.

over a year ago

Would anyone?

I currently do, but thats my choice. I dont see the need to barrack others that use there rights to receive these benifits to which they are entitled by the law of this land.

What is far more important and equally far more damaging is the allowances our government makes to large multi-national corporation so as to avoid paying tax leveys in accordance with british law.

stories like the ones mentioned here are circulated so as to cause divide amongst the people and In doing so remove from the agenda legitimate taxes which are rightly due to this country. A debt far greater than any perceived missuse of welfare benifits.

but thats just my opinion. :p"

Fair opinion, so let's hope our PM can do something about these companies as I believe they are looking into it

over a year ago

"I didn't see the programme. Does anyone who did know how much of the £18,000 pa is Housing Benefit?

TIA."

I could be wrong but think the housing benefit was on top of this as it was paid striaght to there landlord .

over a year ago

Would anyone?"

yes I worked for less then I was getting on beniftts a few years back, not only does it make you feel proud and shows you children the right way, but it true what they say its easier to find better jobs of your working than sat at hone

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"I didn't see the programme. Does anyone who did know how much of the £18,000 pa is Housing Benefit?

TIA.

I could be wrong but think the housing benefit was on top of this as it was paid striaght to there landlord ."

benefits arent paid like this anymore - at least not in my borough. The claimant has to be responsible for their money. Its why there are so many evictions going on.. incread food/energy bills taking priority and people getting behind on rents

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears ! For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?"

Well put

over a year ago

over a year ago

I worked for 30 years and was made redundant a while ago.

Im unable to claim 1 penny of the state as I was saving up to buy a house

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"I worked for 30 years and was made redundant a while ago.

Im unable to claim 1 penny of the state as I was saving up to buy a house "

can you not disperse it into friends or relatives accounts and put a claim in 6 months time?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

TIA.

I could be wrong but think the housing benefit was on top of this as it was paid striaght to there landlord .

benefits arent paid like this anymore - at least not in my borough. The claimant has to be responsible for their money. Its why there are so many evictions going on.. incread food/energy bills taking priority and people getting behind on rents"

In most cases where 'benefit scroungers' are being discussed, the Housing Benefit is invariably added to the household income - even if they 'scroungers' don't get to keep it.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I worked for 30 years and was made redundant a while ago.

Im unable to claim 1 penny of the state as I was saving up to buy a house

can you not disperse it into friends or relatives accounts and put a claim in 6 months time?"

DWP rather like to know where the money has gone and tend not to believe in Ladbrokes.

over a year ago

We started our own business 6 moths ago. In that time we've had a total income of just £1300 and benefits of £500 per month.

We've paid out thousands in vat, wages and taxes and feel our contribution to the economy is far greater than those kids who were on tv.

We're broke, but are working bloody hard to succeed and what assistance do we get?

Child benefit and £340 working tax credit.

It makes me furious

over a year ago

If they refuse reasonable work, their benefits should be stopped and let the skiving bastards starve.

There are a few people on here I suspect would fall in that category. When I read some posts it makes my piss boil.

Benefits are there for the hard times... not a god given right to subsidise fecklessness

over a year ago

"

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears ! For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?Well put "

This wasn't about people who want work and can't get it to get off the benefits , this was about a young fit healthy family who won't work for less than 18k , so there quiet happy to live off the system.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears ! For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?Well put

This wasn't about people who want work and can't get it to get off the benefits , this was about a young fit healthy family who won't work for less than 18k , so there quiet happy to live off the system. "

I did not see it as I dont get chance to watch TV during the day.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

".............

Benefits are there for the hard times... not a god given right to subsidise fecklessness "

These ARE hard times.

over a year ago

"

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears ! For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?Well put

This wasn't about people who want work and can't get it to get off the benefits , this was about a young fit healthy family who won't work for less than 18k , so there quiet happy to live off the system. I did not see it as I dont get chance to watch TV during the day. "

Me neither normally , I'm on my day off ,I'm putting a DVD on instead now lol

over a year ago

Well I've just completed my tax form for the year and have paid a shit load. Kids educated privately, health care private and pension private. It would be nice to get a thank you from those who receive but I won't hold my breath! Off to read the Daily Mail!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Well I've just completed my tax form for the year and have paid a shit load. Kids educated privately, health care private and pension private. It would be nice to get a thank you from those who receive but I won't hold my breath! Off to read the Daily Mail! "

How much of the money you pay to have your kids educated or to have medical treatment privately goes to benefit recipients?

over a year ago

"Well I've just completed my tax form for the year and have paid a shit load. Kids educated privately, health care private and pension private. It would be nice to get a thank you from those who receive but I won't hold my breath! Off to read the Daily Mail!

How much of the money you pay to have your kids educated or to have medical treatment privately goes to benefit recipients?"

None, but it means my net contribution to society is higher.

By *ikkiBWoman
over a year ago

Falkirk

On the subject of benefits, one of my best friends was suffering from depression, tried to commit suicide, wasn't going out due to anxiety/panic attacks and had months counselling. They were getting benefits and to me they deserved to get some help.

After about a year of treatment they had a medical and they were deemed fit to work and benefits stopped despite not being well enough. This put them back to square one. It seems if you aren't an alkie/druggie then the system fails you

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Well I've just completed my tax form for the year and have paid a shit load. Kids educated privately, health care private and pension private. It would be nice to get a thank you from those who receive but I won't hold my breath! Off to read the Daily Mail!

How much of the money you pay to have your kids educated or to have medical treatment privately goes to benefit recipients?

None, but it means my net contribution to society is higher."

How?

School fees go to the school. Private health fees go to the company. Both are probably charities.

Buying a private pension doesn't mean you don't get the state pension.

Where's the 'net contribution to society'?

over a year ago

I don't watch daytime TV as I am at work. I pay my tax at source,I claim a bit back and then I pay my class 2 and 4 Ni. And what do the government do with all the hard earned money I pay in?

do you know what? I don't really care. I'm sure if they weren't spunking it on one thing they'd find something else to spunk it on. Like nuclear submarines and weapons we don't need. What I'm not gonna do is get bent out of shape over someone i don't know and probably less than half their story. Especially if its presented by a political heavyweight like Holly Willoughby

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

None, but it means my net contribution to society is higher."

But if you had an rta or a heartattaack it would be nhs paramedics and ambulance that would come to your rescue. Or if your house was burning down the firebrigade

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

For every one case like that on TV this morning, I'll show you (at least) 20 families that can't get the benefits that they should be entitled to !

over a year ago

How?

School fees go to the school. Private health fees go to the company. Both are probably charities.

"

If it needs explaining it could be a long and tedious conversation. It is my choice, I am happy with it and the cost of educating my kids which would otherwise have been borne by the state is mine, the cost of my various ailments which would normally be borne by the state under the NHS is mine, and buy the time I retire I strongly suspect pensions will be means tested (as they bringing in with child benefit). So I work hard, pay a shit load of tax, I also decline the provision of state services in a number of areas and therefore am happy that I am a net contributor to the country.

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

I think it said rent £150pw so £7000 pa

I got out of the ratrace system 7/8 years ago why work for your money when money should work for you

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I think it said rent £150pw so £7000 pa

I got out of the ratrace system 7/8 years ago why work for your money when money should work for you "

Thats what jay did, he retired at 55

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

speaking of benefits RBS is paying out 250 million in bonuses to those involved in libor. Of course that 250 mill is tax payers money.

Think its hillarious that people inform themselves by watching this morning, no wonder the country is fucked.

over a year ago

If we had a living wage paid in this country, we wouldn't need a bloody minefield of benefits and top-up payments.

People could work and get paid a wage that actually allowed them to live.

Imagine all the money we would save in administration of benefits alone, it would probably pay for itself!

over a year ago

See it gets my self and my wife angry at people who won't work for less than a certain salery or the ones who have never worked and don't want to because its to hard. On the other hand there are the people like my self and my wife that claim benafits because we have to. The reason for this is because she is diabled with a neurological disorder which can render her paralised for weeks or days at a time with no warning that its about to happen. I got saked because I took loads of time off to look after her and now am registered as my wifes full time carer. We don't like the stigma that goes with benafits and it is embarasing but we have no choise. We both worked from the age of 16 right untill I got sacked last year but my wifs employer still holds her job at the moment. And can say hand on heart we would both love to be back working. Sorry for a novel but some times you have no choise.

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

I think it said rent £150pw so £7000 pa

I got out of the ratrace system 7/8 years ago why work for your money when money should work for you

over a year ago

Food for thought, how many ppl do you know that claim beniftts , yet still go out and work ( IE FIDDLE) being involved in the building supplies business I see those types everyday, no wonder they are happy

over a year ago

I think we are forgetting something here all of you the total amount paid included the child tax credit and child allowance , now they would get this if they was working at 45k. Year .

Now £150 a week rent paid for a 2 bed flat to landlord ummm!!!

Then they got there standard £56 jsa each so remove the greedy landlord fee doesn't leave nothing really

over a year ago

Inf fact landlord is Better of person in that situation

over a year ago

Why cant people with no jobs but money from government do jobs for the community where thay live ... ? would that cost more to do that ?

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

"I think it said rent £150pw so £7000 pa

Thats what jay did, he retired at 55"

Great get out while you can, lifes for living not working. I retired at 44/5

Happy days

over a year ago

At the moment, i cant work and wish to god i could. If someone could wave a magic wand and make my problems go away then i would be back at work tomorrow. I loved my job and cried my heart out when i had to leave.

To earn 18k would have been lovely but i live in the real world, unlike some of those reported on the tv this morning.

By *andcCouple
over a year ago

London and Cheshire

"Does it matter what other people do,get on with your own life, why waste time worrying about who gets what, ffs

Oh and before anyone says it no lm not on benefits, l work hard play hard. "

I don't agree! While I am not bothered what other people do and I do get on with my own life, the fact that this has an effect on me (and everyone else who pays tax), means I have to worry about it!

The problem is that because some people abuse the system, those who have a genuine claim and the most needy, get tarred with the same brush. If they got rid off people who are claiming, either falsely or just cannot be bothered, then there would be more money for those who are in need.

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

I suppose it depends where the flat is

Some countries get the unemployed to do things in the community they also vet em before any wefares given

This countries too damn soft with so many loopholes...... How many foreign families are living here and sending money back to their homeland. Even claiming for dependants that aren't even in this country

over a year ago

Maybe the reason for land lords charging hgh rents, is to cover the cost of having to go in when these ppl leave, and have wrecked the place

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

it ain't going to change anytime soon......

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

TIA.

I could be wrong but think the housing benefit was on top of this as it was paid striaght to there landlord ."

You will be wrong.....anyone who believes for a nano second that a young couple can get £18k in cash benefits plus their housing benefit paid on top is living in tabloid induced dream land.

over a year ago

TIA.

You will be wrong.....anyone who believes for a nano second that a young couple can get £18k in cash benefits plus their housing benefit paid on top is living in tabloid induced dream land."

Yep, sorry about that glad you put me right.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"If we had a living wage paid in this country, we wouldn't need a bloody minefield of benefits and top-up payments.

Imagine all the money we would save in administration of benefits alone, it would probably pay for itself!

"

And who picks up the bill for the 'Living Wage'?.....the latest 'Living Wage' proposed by a clever think tank came up with £9.10 an hour....introduce that and you will see hundreds of thousands of people added to the unemployed figures.

You can't just implement a 34% rise in the minimum wage and expect small and medium size businesses to be able to afford it.

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

Politics and religion lol

over a year ago

But if you had an rta or a heartattaack it would be nhs paramedics and ambulance that would come to your rescue. Or if your house was burning down the firebrigade"

libraries, refuse collection, police force, the list is a hefty one.

Its great you are in a position to do these things for yourself. But its your choice and one that you're able to afford to do so.

Instead of demonising those that you see are abusing the system, why not spend a week in their shoes.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"Does it matter what other people do,get on with your own life, "

Yes because we are fucing paying for it

over a year ago

"I suppose it depends where the flat is

Some countries get the unemployed to do things in the community they also vet em before any wefares given

This countries too damn soft with so many loopholes...... How many foreign families are living here and sending money back to their homeland. Even claiming for dependants that aren't even in this country "

Speaking from our own experiences here in sunny Weston, we're only too glad of 'these foreign families' - without them, we would not have food on the shelves in the supermarket, a taxi to call or a bus to catch.

We have two neighbours. One never works and is constantly ducking and weaving, with his place in a mess. The other is a couple with a young well dressed child and both working, him at night and her in the day.

Guess who the foreign family is!?

There's good and bad everywhere.

over a year ago

"If we had a living wage paid in this country, we wouldn't need a bloody minefield of benefits and top-up payments.

And who picks up the bill for the 'Living Wage'?.....the latest 'Living Wage' proposed by a clever think tank came up with £9.10 an hour....introduce that and you will see hundreds of thousands of people added to the unemployed figures.

You can't just implement a 34% rise in the minimum wage and expect small and medium size businesses to be able to afford it."

Then we all just keep supporting all those who cannot get out of the benefits trap.

Something has to break the cycle or its just going to get worse.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

You can't just implement a 34% rise in the minimum wage and expect small and medium size businesses to be able to afford it.

Then we all just keep supporting all those who cannot get out of the benefits trap.

Something has to break the cycle or its just going to get worse. "

You won't break the benefits cycle by implementing something that will add many more to the unemployment numbers....

over a year ago

Think most ppl have spent far longer than a week in those said shoes, bit have always managed to find work maybe not the work we want but work all the same, sick of hearing about these poor ppl, easy way out get out and find a bloody job

over a year ago

"Maybe the reason for land lords charging hgh rents, is to cover the cost of having to go in when these ppl leave, and have wrecked the place"

sweeping statement of the week. do you think people on benefits go from place to place trashing them?. howabout people who were renting and working and then found themselves out of work. do you think they thought ' fuck it we're on the dole now lets smash the place up' I suppose they've all got a settee in the garden too.

absolute bollocks

By *ev and TrevCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

How?

If it needs explaining it could be a long and tedious conversation. It is my choice, I am happy with it and the cost of educating my kids which would otherwise have been borne by the state is mine, the cost of my various ailments which would normally be borne by the state under the NHS is mine, and buy the time I retire I strongly suspect pensions will be means tested (as they bringing in with child benefit). So I work hard, pay a shit load of tax, I also decline the provision of state services in a number of areas and therefore am happy that I am a net contributor to the country."

So let me get this straight, you want gratitude for having the privilege of bring able to afford to give your kids a better education than most can afford & being able to by pass waiting lists if you are ever unfortunate enough to need an operation?

over a year ago

I don't understand it, my littlw one is 6 and I've always worked, admittely I'm not highly paid. I was out of work for 6 months and barely got anything! As long as I work 16 hours a week I am so so better off, about 4 times better off than not working :/

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/01/13 14:40:28]

over a year ago

"

You won't break the benefits cycle by implementing something that will add many more to the unemployment numbers...."

Thats not what I am suggesting. Im suggesting paying a living wage. You do this scrapping the metric ton of different benefits paid to those who can work and instead passing this on through employers to employees.

Effectively, the company gets the subsidy to allow them to top-up the wage of the employee, funded by not paying billions in benefits.

The employee, is paying tax and NI. They are contributing to the workforce and the labour market. They are consuming, purchasing etc, contributing to the economy. They are working and feeling the social and psychologial benefits of doing so.

over a year ago

I know people that have never worked They Are the people Who should be made to work

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It will all change with welfare reform and universal credits....

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

TIA.

You will be wrong.....anyone who believes for a nano second that a young couple can get £18k in cash benefits plus their housing benefit paid on top is living in tabloid induced dream land.

Yep, sorry about that glad you put me right. "

It included housing benefit and child allowance (which pretty much everyone with children gets !). If it's the same couple that have been plastered all over my FB feed for the past 3 days anyway !

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

You would be shocked at just how much child tax credit child benefit jsa or income support and housing benefit and council tax can equate to a year....trust me i see these figures on a daily basis some are on more than i am....

over a year ago

im glad i didnt watch it cause it would probably make me put my foor thru the tv.

Im self employed and im a single mum to a disabled kid. I get fuck all help, was back to work when she was 4 weeks old cause i couldnt afford not to.

theres times when ive went without food because i didnt have enough to feed both us

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"im glad i didnt watch it cause it would probably make me put my foor thru the tv.

Im self employed and im a single mum to a disabled kid. I get fuck all help, was back to work when she was 4 weeks old cause i couldnt afford not to.

theres times when ive went without food because i didnt have enough to feed both us"

Do you not get benefits for your disabled child?

over a year ago

But if you had an rta or a heartattaack it would be nhs paramedics and ambulance that would come to your rescue. Or if your house was burning down the firebrigade

Its great you are in a position to do these things for yourself. But its your choice and one that you're able to afford to do so.

Instead of demonising those that you see are abusing the system, why not spend a week in their shoes. "

I'm not demonising anyone, have merely pointed out that I contribute significantly more than average and take out significantly less than average. I don't try and avoid tax, I recognise I am fortunate and believe I should contribute more than most. Ialso recognise the importance of a properly functioning welfare system to protect the most vulnerable in society. I can't believe I'm being demonised.

over a year ago

Problem is the government Makes all the schemes up Trying to get people back to work To lower the jobless number But still the same people will not work These people play the system If a person that's worked with their life suddenly Lost their job They wouldn't know where to start I want to actually claim for

over a year ago

Instead of demonising those that you see are abusing the system, why not spend a week in their shoes.

I'm not demonising anyone, have merely pointed out that I contribute significantly more than average and take out significantly less than average. I don't try and avoid tax, I recognise I am fortunate and believe I should contribute more than most. Ialso recognise the importance of a properly functioning welfare system to protect the most vulnerable in society. I can't believe I'm being demonised. "

Agreed - not much fun being demonised.

over a year ago

Thank you Joe and Lola

over a year ago

"Maybe the reason for land lords charging hgh rents, is to cover the cost of having to go in when these ppl leave, and have wrecked the place

sweeping statement of the week. do you think people on benefits go from place to place trashing them?. howabout people who were renting and working and then found themselves out of work. do you think they thought ' fuck it we're on the dole now lets smash the place up' I suppose they've all got a settee in the garden too.

absolute bollocks"

Yeah us tenants are scum. Can't move for Ford Cortinas in our water feature.

My father - a council tenant for the past 57 years, a retired paramedic and my mother a part time waitress and a mum to four of us, take the covenant sewn into their tenancy agreement very seriously. They treat their home like its their own. A policy that I have adopted as a private tenant.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Problem is the government Makes all the schemes up Trying to get people back to work To lower the jobless number But still the same people will not work These people play the system If a person that's worked with their life suddenly Lost their job They wouldn't know where to start I want to actually claim for"

I've been there...you get income based JSA for 6 months, that's it !

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I'm not demonising anyone, have merely pointed out that I contribute significantly more than average and take out significantly less than average. I don't try and avoid tax, I recognise I am fortunate and believe I should contribute more than most. Ialso recognise the importance of a properly functioning welfare system to protect the most vulnerable in society. I can't believe I'm being demonised. "

But you expect those on benefits to thank you?, maybe you should wear a hat at all times with a sign on it, so that as you walk down the street people who are on benefits can stop you and thank you.

over a year ago

I'm not demonising anyone, have merely pointed out that I contribute significantly more than average and take out significantly less than average. I don't try and avoid tax, I recognise I am fortunate and believe I should contribute more than most. Ialso recognise the importance of a properly functioning welfare system to protect the most vulnerable in society. I can't believe I'm being demonised.

But you expect those on benefits to thank you?, maybe you should wear a hat at all times with a sign on it, so that as you walk down the street people who are on benefits can stop you and thank you."

I don't expect anyone to thank me, my original post was not best worded. My point being that benefits are effectively provided by family, neighbours and others in society through tax payments, not a faceless institution. I do get the feeling that there is a proportion of recipients who totally ignore this fact.

over a year ago

I find it remarkable that considering we are actually cutting benefits during the longest real terms depression this century (longer and deeper than the 30s), so many people are lining up to batter the poor.

The studies, constant academic and even DWP studies, show that these examples are the abnormal and not the norm for those on benefits. The vast majority only access the dole for short periods but that is largely because there is no job security. It also needs to be stressed that most benefits go to either

A The Landlord (see Housing Benefit)

B The Employer (in the form of subsidized wages ala tax credits)

C The Govt (it reclaims much of the benefits in the form of payment for services et al and taxation from end consumption)

The reality is 22 million Britons are on benefits of some kind. There is a reason for that and it resides in policy and the criminal approach to globalization taken by our banks and other institutions. Added to this is we have seen a decline in the share of national income going to wages/labour. That points to classic rent extraction which is all we see falling apart around us.

Now I know it is frustrating that you are paying way over the odds for the house you do not own until that last mortgage payment is met, or that the rents are so high that your salaries/income are eaten up by them along with the high energy and food bills...however is that really the fault of the poorest in society?

Do people on benefits decide the level of rents for example? I am pretty sure house prices have been determined by a lack of housing provision. Basic supply and demand. This has fuelled an asset inflation which was great for those born before 1971 but now they are finding out they are being conned too with the costs of education, health and future housing costs for progeny being shoved their way.

As for cheaters. Lets put this into perspective. LIBOR scam alone has effectively led to more than 350 trillion of loans directly linked to LIBOR being fraudulent. These people took over 29 billion in bonuses during the period. More than all the claimed fraud going on by those on benefits since the system began.

Then we have the same going on in the US and EU. Again gaming the world interest and again leading to the mess we see today. A house is not a factory. If you can't build either then don't expect anything other than 22 million on benefits of some sort.

That doesn't even go near the bonuses paid on houses built to last 30 years with 25yr mortgages and priced way beyond what they would be if these idiots would provide homes for people.

But hey...beating up on the poor is easier isn't it? Works all the time doesn't it? I mean it only led to the complete collapse of the financial system and what is now the rebuilding of a new global economy which is being dragged out by mercantile politic and that ever increasing choice of war or peace as the way out the mess.

Never mind. This Morning has all the answers...

over a year ago

"I am a single mum. I work. I own my house. I claim tax credits etc no benefits as I cant lol! !

And I won't!!

I am proud!!!!!!!!!"

Erm tax credits are a benefit. Didn't you realize that when they cut them recently? You'll find out in April.

over a year ago

Tax evasion and avoidance is at the rate of between 70-150bil per year. That would wipe out our deficit and ensure there would be no unemployment. The Govt schemes you refer to produce co-erced labour that are benefit salaries for employers who would be insolvent without them.

I could go on. I reckon you wouldn't last two minutes in my team. We are proper financial gents. Anyway. Got to go. Have a train to catch home. Down to London tomorrow to slap the idiots into line.

Be back in 2hrs

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I saw the This Morning piece and I was cross about several things. The first is that that even though both have working parents they don't seem to have learnt a work ethic. Is that the fault of the State?

They were lambasted for saying that it's fair for them to claim as their parents have paid taxes.

The other thing that made me cross about them was that there is an expectation that you go into the 'good' jobs without working your way up. I have come across this before with young adults moving from worklessness into work. Aspiration is great but it needs to be tempered with perspiration.

I did some research 15 years ago on ecomonic choices people make to refuse work and stay on benefits. The pilot scheme that came from that offered a tapered reduction to the benefits and moving people onto in work benefits. Some found this a difficult transition and others soon found the fulfilment that comes from working.

Then I had some time to think and read this thread. The issue is presented in terms of morals. Yet other moral issues (Starbucks?), are argued by those on here who are quick to call those taking benefits scroungers will place the case for the Starbucks' of the world in terms of did they break the law and they did what was right to reduce their tax liability.

It would seem morality is flexible.

over a year ago

Tax evasion and avoidance is at the rate of between 70-150bil per year. That would wipe out our deficit and ensure there would be no unemployment. The Govt schemes you refer to produce co-erced labour that are benefit salaries for employers who would be insolvent without them.

I could go on. I reckon you wouldn't last two minutes in my team. We are proper financial gents. Anyway. Got to go. Have a train to catch home. Down to London tomorrow to slap the idiots into line.

Be back in 2hrs "

Quite some assertions and good to see the debate brought down to a personal level, I think we have found your level. Hope you enjoy "slapping the idiots into line"

over a year ago

And I won't!!

I am proud!!!!!!!!!

Erm tax credits are a benefit. Didn't you realize that when they cut them recently? You'll find out in April.

"

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

Be back in 2hrs

Quite some assertions and good to see the debate brought down to a personal level, I think we have found your level. Hope you enjoy "slapping the idiots into line" "

always bragging on the forums about your financial wealth and success getting very tedious and shows a complete lack of class. Still im in london if you wanna try slapping anyone into line

over a year ago

not Bollocks at all i know of at least 5 business friends who have rented out houses and they have had to go through the courts to get them out, 1 even left with the washing machine, when the police went to see them after seeing the ppl who had been renting the property, only to tell the landlord we are sorry but they don't have a washing machine where they are now they will return when the can afford 1, another friend forked out over 5k in court costs

to get his house back and yes it was trashed

over a year ago

TIA.

You will be wrong.....anyone who believes for a nano second that a young couple can get £18k in cash benefits plus their housing benefit paid on top is living in tabloid induced dream land."

housing beniffit is paid to the landlord but that's only so rent is paid otherwise it would not be

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

When I left my ex I was officially homeless. I still worked 3 jobs rather than claim.

I think a lot of the reluctance to work comes from the family culture. I was brought up with a strong work ethic. My daughter likewise. She works full time and is also doing an OU degree so she won't have debts. She won't let me help her pay for it either. Fiercely independent.

Many families lack this and so their children don't have those hard working role models. And so it goes from generation to generation.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

Many families lack this and so their children don't have those hard working role models. And so it goes from generation to generation."

I would probaby say "some" rather than "many" but I agree in principle that a positive role model and strong family narrative are helpful in raising a socially responsible person.

over a year ago

yes in the real world we would all like to work and earn our own money, but this is not a new up and coming trend its been going on for years, there will always be people out there that will never work and are happy to live on benefits, But what about those that come into this country and can't even speak English, don't you think this is were our anger should be directed and we have all seen in the media the big houses they are being put up in to cater for all their Kids and the vast amounts of money the are claiming and they have never paid into our system

over a year ago

Be back in 2hrs

Quite some assertions and good to see the debate brought down to a personal level, I think we have found your level. Hope you enjoy "slapping the idiots into line" always bragging on the forums about your financial wealth and success getting very tedious and shows a complete lack of class. Still im in london if you wanna try slapping anyone into line "

Crass, abusive, threatening and reported. Classy??

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"yes in the real world we would all like to work and earn our own money, but this is not a new up and coming trend its been going on for years, there will always be people out there that will never work and are happy to live on benefits, But what about those that come into this country and can't even speak English, don't you think this is were our anger should be directed and we have all seen in the media the big houses they are being put up in to cater for all their Kids and the vast amounts of money the are claiming and they have never paid into our system

"

By your logic if you were born here then all is fair game and we shouldn't feel any anger. If you come here, not speaking English and have kids then we should be up in arms? Neither have paid into the system.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Now I don't usually go on the band wagon of slagging those that are on benefits off... As some are the most vulernable. However yesterday after being caught in the rain and a pretty stressful day was coming home from work... To hear 2 people talking and stating how they had to get up earlyl to sign on and now they are being caught in the rain... One exclaimed that he was not getting "paid" enough to get up early to sign on.. Now they both looked fit and healthy so could prob get a job.. What makes me angry is those that think its their right to claim benefits and stay on it. I don't have a choice not to go to work when its raining or when the sun is shining and all I want to do is sit in a beer garden.. Now I might be one of those that have to sign on come March... As my job is currently at risk.. However I hope that I have saved enough to get me by for a few months...

Its easy to say that these people are to blame however they are not.. they are simply taking advantage of a pretty poor welfare system that allows it to become abused and over strecthed..

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

Be back in 2hrs

Quite some assertions and good to see the debate brought down to a personal level, I think we have found your level. Hope you enjoy "slapping the idiots into line" always bragging on the forums about your financial wealth and success getting very tedious and shows a complete lack of class. Still im in london if you wanna try slapping anyone into line

Crass, abusive, threatening and reported. Classy??"

Awww i was just protecting the "idiots" you threatened.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/01/13 19:13:02]

over a year ago

Be back in 2hrs

Quite some assertions and good to see the debate brought down to a personal level, I think we have found your level. Hope you enjoy "slapping the idiots into line" "

Actually it was yourself who brought it down to the personal level as is shown in your complete failure to see you have shown to anyone that is a proper financial gent that you have not the faintest idea of capital.

It is such idiotic nominalist types that guys like myself are literally now slapping into line. Reducing the models back. Looking at how to ensure transition takes place. Recognizing that bad managers have been over-rewarded has harmed the economy and even themselves.

Now if you cannot tell the difference between a nominal flow of bits of paper (money) and capital and how the value of those bits of money are determined ultimately by the real value of capital, then I dare suggest you are just another tuck shop bean counter.

You cannot have a society where you turn the State into a trough for mercantilists, a nirvana for landlords by depriving people of homes, and press down on wages for anyone other than those involved in the scam in one form or the other (the huge biggie scam measured in the trillions which was what brought us the economic depression we live through) then why be surprised there are poor individuals?

Now there are some workshy people out there. We all know that. However lets not kid ourselves on that this is the majority of those 22mil on benefits of one kind or another.

Also your salary and wealth may be entirely the product of having been party to the economic system collapse that took place from 2007 through to now. You may well be another manager rewarded for decisions that pre 97 would be classed as criminal for example.

There may be lots of reasons why anyone made a bit cash in finance during the 80s onwards bubble economies that have been constructed largely on deprivation of social provision and the capture of social capital by those with the most private capital.

However I feel you may just be blagging it. God knows. All I do know is you have a tuck shop approach to economics and I wouldn't have such a punter on my team.

Sorry if that offends but if offends me to see people regard others as somehow less than or to brag about their socio-economic status et al yet show signs of being just some Daily Mail reader with too much time on their hands.

over a year ago

Be back in 2hrs

Quite some assertions and good to see the debate brought down to a personal level, I think we have found your level. Hope you enjoy "slapping the idiots into line"

Actually it was yourself who brought it down to the personal level as is shown in your complete failure to see you have shown to anyone that is a proper financial gent that you have not the faintest idea of capital.

It is such idiotic nominalist types that guys like myself are literally now slapping into line. Reducing the models back. Looking at how to ensure transition takes place. Recognizing that bad managers have been over-rewarded has harmed the economy and even themselves.

Now if you cannot tell the difference between a nominal flow of bits of paper (money) and capital and how the value of those bits of money are determined ultimately by the real value of capital, then I dare suggest you are just another tuck shop bean counter.

You cannot have a society where you turn the State into a trough for mercantilists, a nirvana for landlords by depriving people of homes, and press down on wages for anyone other than those involved in the scam in one form or the other (the huge biggie scam measured in the trillions which was what brought us the economic depression we live through) then why be surprised there are poor individuals?

Now there are some workshy people out there. We all know that. However lets not kid ourselves on that this is the majority of those 22mil on benefits of one kind or another.

Also your salary and wealth may be entirely the product of having been party to the economic system collapse that took place from 2007 through to now. You may well be another manager rewarded for decisions that pre 97 would be classed as criminal for example.

There may be lots of reasons why anyone made a bit cash in finance during the 80s onwards bubble economies that have been constructed largely on deprivation of social provision and the capture of social capital by those with the most private capital.

However I feel you may just be blagging it. God knows. All I do know is you have a tuck shop approach to economics and I wouldn't have such a punter on my team.

Sorry if that offends but if offends me to see people regard others as somehow less than or to brag about their socio-economic status et al yet show signs of being just some Daily Mail reader with too much time on their hands.

"

I don't think the forum and its users should have to listen to a a series of unprovoked personal attacks. However, to defend my character, my final comment on your _iews is this; you know nothing about me, you do not know what I do for a living, you have no understanding of the number of jobs I have created or the amount of investment I have made into real companies with real people. You have presumed to judge me on the basis of little more than a profile name. I could lower myself to indulge in a tit for tat exchange, but frankly I am better than that. I do hope however that you enjoy kicking people into shape and that it may at some point cheer you up and knock that almighty chip off your shoulder. Good night

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Take it private please so others can still debate if they wish.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"

Many families lack this and so their children don't have those hard working role models. And so it goes from generation to generation.I would probaby say "some" rather than "many" but I agree in principle that a positive role model and strong family narrative are helpful in raising a socially responsible person."

Perhaps I should have said many where I live/work.

over a year ago

I've only half read this thread, but all it seem to proove is that this government's continued campaign to turn the poor against the poor is working.

over a year ago

"

So would anyone really take a cut in their income?

Would you willingly choose to make yourselves worse off?

I doubt it. If they are getting 18k in benefits why work for 15k?

I don't agree with people who claim benefits under false pretences, fake disability claimants etc but it's the systems fault to give these people the option to not work due to giving them the money!

Before anyone starts, I work and I'm not on benefits!

over a year ago

As someone who suffered on the last thread from the nasty, bigoted, small minded and judgemental people that pop up on here its great to see the same hypocrisy rear its head again. It's ok to make assumptions about why someone is claiming benefits but god forbid you have the audacity to question them, will result in many toys flung from the pram and dummies spat out.

Do unto others as you would have done to yourself.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"I've only half read this thread, but all it seem to proove is that this government's continued campaign to turn the poor against the poor is working. "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I've only half read this thread, but all it seem to proove is that this government's continued campaign to turn the poor against the poor is working. "

tbh, all recent Governments have done it..

divide and rule..

dog eat dog..

scapegoats..

let the plebs scrabble and fight for the scraps while the rich get ever richer..

never mind, were all in it together though..

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

Do some people abuse benefits?

Yep.

Do tax avoiders, bankers etc cost the country much, much more money and get away without anywhere near the vitriol which benefits seekers get?

Yep.

Much easier to hate the poor, for some reason.

over a year ago

And I won't!!

I am proud!!!!!!!!!"

Good for you, Our Daughter is in the same boat, she says she would be better off NOT working, but has principals,

over a year ago

TBH, if I could stop working and live as well on benefits, I bloody well would. It's a short life and I have better things to do

There's always some other sap who'll pay.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"Do some people abuse benefits?

Yep.

Do tax avoiders, bankers etc cost the country much, much more money and get away without anywhere near the vitriol which benefits seekers get?

Yep.

Much easier to hate the poor, for some reason."

over a year ago

I work for myself, earning less than minimum wage and with no benefit entitlement should I fall ill.

Why? Because I can. There are thousands who would love to be in my position.

I used to earn £35K a year working for a faceless corporate body. I've since realised money is worth the square root of feck all if you haven't got your health or your family about.

Scroungers know the system, its time the system got to know the difference between genuine and false claimants. I don't envy anyone having to work that one out.

over a year ago

We both work, he shouldn't be working due to several serious health issues yet can't claim anything as he can walk 20 yards.....yet someone we know is running a back road valetting thingy and claiming disablilty allowance for a bad back, we just get on with it

over a year ago

It is really interesting to see the varied _iews on this thread and I think it really highlights how "advanced" the train of thought has become by many.

At one time we all thought that working hard and getting on in life meant that you would get benefits over and above just a higher salary. I find it confusing that many on this thread will support the mentioned shirkers over and above employers who are being castigated because they "might" be avoiding tax morally if not illegally. Does a Company legally avoiding its tax liabilities mean that normal people of working age can justify having an attitude that work is a lifestyle choice rather than a requirement? Any high earning company or individual is going to mitigate their tax liability - why wouldn't they?

Meanwhile a study undertaken by University College London a couple of years ago showed that recent immigrants contributed more in tax than they take out in benefits whilst the native population take out more than they contribute. Why are European immigrants being so castigated when in the worst economic recession in living memory they have come here and provided a significant benefit to the country whilst the native population moans about the "invasion" and moans that the real enemy are the companies who don't pay enough tax.

My _iew is that people should take personal responsibility and sort their own lives out just like it seems the European immigrants have done. Starting at the bottom and working up is perfectly normal but it seems that today people in this country just don't want to be bothered with starter jobs as they are somehow above it. The Government needs to do its bit by reducing taxes at all levels and reducing benefits to make it better to work. At the same time they need to take the lead globally to ensure that global companies can be fairly taxed on a global scale.

By *exy firemanMan
over a year ago

essex

i have 2 jobs, fire service and a window cleaning round! i declare what i earn cleaning windows and pay the taxes on my earnings! although the fire service is not badly paid i do need the extra money. one day last year i popped into a chemists to pick some tablets up. the bloke in front of me said to the assistant that he is on benefits and therefore don't have to pay! then it was my turn, i paid £7.40! i got my tablets and got back into my van to do some more windows, as i pulled away i noticed the bloke coming out of the chemists and walked straight into the bookies next door!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"i have 2 jobs, fire service and a window cleaning round! i declare what i earn cleaning windows and pay the taxes on my earnings! although the fire service is not badly paid i do need the extra money. one day last year i popped into a chemists to pick some tablets up. the bloke in front of me said to the assistant that he is on benefits and therefore don't have to pay! then it was my turn, i paid £7.40! i got my tablets and got back into my van to do some more windows, as i pulled away i noticed the bloke coming out of the chemists and walked straight into the bookies next door!! "

where he could have been putting a bet on for a neighbour or elderly relative..

keep an open mind eh..

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"i have 2 jobs, fire service and a window cleaning round! i declare what i earn cleaning windows and pay the taxes on my earnings! although the fire service is not badly paid i do need the extra money. one day last year i popped into a chemists to pick some tablets up. the bloke in front of me said to the assistant that he is on benefits and therefore don't have to pay! then it was my turn, i paid £7.40! i got my tablets and got back into my van to do some more windows, as i pulled away i noticed the bloke coming out of the chemists and walked straight into the bookies next door!! "

He may quite easily have a disability...after all not all, in fact not many, life threatening illnesses are obvious to the eye.

If he had terminal cancer for instance he will be entitled to benefits....or would you deny him tht right?

Easy to judge people without the facts

over a year ago

Well im 21 and i dont work i would love to work but i cant get a job and iv been looking so much its annoying there is nothing for me. but im not going to give up looking.

over a year ago

100% agree make the middle class hate the poor while the rich steal everythink!!

over a year ago

Yes all the time

over a year ago

18k that between them or each? i live in an area where most people dont see 10k a year and a lot of them work hard just for that.

I can forget bout owning my own home with these sorta wages and I spent 10yrs in higher education to end up with a min wage job.

I'm glad I have parents that let me stay, as its a waste of money to rent and see my money wasted, at least I can save.

over a year ago

The strivers against the skivers eh? George Osborne has everyone who works thinking that everyone who claims benefits is a scrounger.

What about the armed forces who have lost their jobs, the council workers, the disabled let down by the governments return to work scheme, the folks who work and suddenly get cancer or have a stroke or get in a road accident?

Ah no. It will never happen to the strivers. :/

I'm disabled, I work. But I claimed benefits for three years while I had a series of painful operations. Without the money I'd have been in the gutter.

over a year ago

"100% agree make the middle class hate the poor while the rich steal everythink!! "

Define "rich"

I remember watching the London riots a couple of years ago and two young girls said that the riots and looting of shops was to "teach the rich a lesson."

The clip was laden with irony as the girls struggled to articulate in English and only managed to make me think that the lesson to be learned was that the future was very grim indeed -if they were a reflection of the youth of the day.

This country is a land of great opportunity - just ask the tens of thousands of Europeans that came here, took low paid jobs and worked hard to get themselves up to higher levels of management, better pay and more responsibilities. They are still coming because the opportunities are there - they just have to be seized.

over a year ago

"

Cute I was sat there with steam coming out my ears ! For everyone (hyped up) case of those who wont work there are 10 of thousands of those who will work but for various reasons cannot. Watching day time TV is not perhaps the best way to be informed?Well put "

over a year ago

I've never claimed benefits so guess I've been lucky to always have work. But in answer to your question , yes I would still work for less than I could get on the system. It's called having a bit of pride !"

It's people like u who needs to mind their own business, u watched one program with one family and I draw a conclusion on that...

U are a dick...

over a year ago

If you want to work and try to find work then you should be financially supported, however if you can work but can't be bothered to look then fuck you take all your benefits away and give you food stamps.

Why should those who chose to work pay for your leisure.

Fuck them they deserve nothing.

over a year ago

"The strivers against the skivers eh? George Osborne has everyone who works thinking that everyone who claims benefits is a scrounger.

What about the armed forces who have lost their jobs, the council workers, the disabled let down by the governments return to work scheme, the folks who work and suddenly get cancer or have a stroke or get in a road accident?

I'm disabled, I work. But I claimed benefits for three years while I had a series of painful operations. Without the money I'd have been in the gutter. "

i have an opinion on this matter, its been said in a few posts on here, that people should work and get topped up with benefitts, why should i pay my taxes, for someone to work at a certain multination supermaket chain, and subidise there pay, when the company is making billions, and maybe paying hardly any tax back into the system, costa coffee is a prime example

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

I've never claimed benefits so guess I've been lucky to always have work. But in answer to your question , yes I would still work for less than I could get on the system. It's called having a bit of pride !

It's people like u who needs to mind their own business, u watched one program with one family and I draw a conclusion on that...

U are a dick..."

Abusive messages get you banned on here.

over a year ago

National my bad spelling lol

over a year ago

"The strivers against the skivers eh? George Osborne has everyone who works thinking that everyone who claims benefits is a scrounger.

I'm disabled, I work. But I claimed benefits for three years while I had a series of painful operations. Without the money I'd have been in the gutter.

i have an opinion on this matter, its been said in a few posts on here, that people should work and get topped up with benefitts, why should i pay my taxes, for someone to work at a certain multination supermaket chain, and subidise there pay, when the company is making billions, and maybe paying hardly any tax back into the system, costa coffee is a prime example "

Do your research. Costa Coffee is a UK company and pays its Corporation Tax. I think you meant Starbucks? Either way you may not be right - or wrong....

Just because a Company pays Corporation Tax does not mean it smells of roses because it may mean the Directors/Shareholders can take a Dividend at a significantly lower rate of tax than they would otherwise pay if they were paid a wage.

Starbucks pay salaries that ALL get taxed at source and so is very efficient for HMRC.

Don't be envious though. Envy is a truly negative emotion. Climb that ladder yourself and let others whine at your god fortune as you legally mitigate your tax exposure.

over a year ago

"I know its a subject that's been touched on more than a few times on the forums.

But just watched 'This Morning' young healthy couple on there happily living on benefits and won't work for less than 18k , they have a young child and there living in a two bed flat and everythings paid for by the system!

It makes my blood boil ..... "

Careful or you'll end up with a black sausage.

By *illycarrolCouple
over a year ago

n/cle on tyne

"Dole scroungers are not a new phenomenon; this has been a media favourite for forty years. They focus on the odd case like the one mentioned this morning.

"

spot on guys classic deflection there is always a few who are highlighted by the media but there is 10s of thousands who get nowt please dont believe the hype its all tory propaganda if big business paid there full share ther would be no recession btw labour are shite as well NWO is coming

over a year ago

It annoys me when read about peopel who say it is better to be on benefits and anyone who works for a living is an idiot, yes there are some of those about.

I have been on benefits in between jobs, due to illness, and I hated every minute of it.

There is a family who was mentionedin the national papers in a name and shame thing, he left work due to him being too nagry too work. Him and his whole family are on benefits, he was too angry to work as all he wanted to do was get d*unk.

over a year ago

spot on guys classic deflection there is always a few who are highlighted by the media but there is 10s of thousands who get nowt please dont believe the hype its all tory propaganda if big business paid there full share ther would be no recession btw labour are shite as well NWO is coming"

Ha ha - but do you know who and what the NWO is? Watch how the Asians, the Chinese, the Russians and the Eastern Europeans graft for everything. The cozy gravy train of UK Benefits PLC is simply unsustainable. Get ready to work harder, for longer and for less money. That is the NWO.

By *illycarrolCouple
over a year ago

n/cle on tyne

very true guys

By *illycarrolCouple
over a year ago

n/cle on tyne

"I've only half read this thread, but all it seem to proove is that this government's continued campaign to turn the poor against the poor is working.

tbh, all recent Governments have done it..

divide and rule..

dog eat dog..

scapegoats..

let the plebs scrabble and fight for the scraps while the rich get ever richer..

never mind, were all in it together though.."

very apt

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

I'm disabled, I work. But I claimed benefits for three years while I had a series of painful operations. Without the money I'd have been in the gutter. "

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yep.

Yep.

Much easier to hate the poor, for some reason."

They have smaller lawyers.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Yep.

Yep.

Much easier to hate the poor, for some reason.

They have smaller lawyers."

They can't afford them.

By *amieandjulieCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

Cameron finishing Thatchers work.

People on 6 quid an hour moaning at people on benefits etc etc .

Stop benefits and see crime govthrough the roof.

Country is knackered and unions no clout but let's blame the unemployed!!!

Well done Maggie !!!!!!!!

over a year ago

"Cameron finishing Thatchers work.

People on 6 quid an hour moaning at people on benefits etc etc .

Stop benefits and see crime govthrough the roof.

Country is knackered and unions no clout but let's blame the unemployed!!!

Well done Maggie !!!!!!!! "

Blaming someone who has not been in power for over 20 years? Pathetic!

If things were so bad, why didnt the Labour government who were in power for 13 years change it?

As for Unions, go and read The History of Modern Britain and what they did to this country in the 70's.... they were a cancer that needed removing

over a year ago

Post new Message to Thread