Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Best pay as you go sim

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a pay as you go sim that's good for texting? I want to get a seperate phone for play phone but don't want to spend a fortune as it won't be used much. I used to have one from O2 that was £5 for unlimited text each month but I'd rather not pay a fiver as some months I may not use it at all.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I doubt you'd get one much cheaper, i think a fiver for unlimited texts is a good deal

over a year ago

Thanks. Might just set that one back up then and only put fiver on it when I know I plan to text allot.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I doubt you'd get one much cheaper, i think a fiver for unlimited texts is a good deal"

GiffGaff is the same price for unlimited texts. Their other tariffs are way better value than pretty much anyone though !

over a year ago

Thanks I'll check them out. I've seen adverts before big bang but forgot all about them lol.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Yeah i would agree with the poster that suggested Giffgaff...

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

I've never had a pay as you go, but I might consider it as a spare. Do you have to pay a minimum every month, or are there any where whatever you top it up with lasts until you use it up, however long it may take? So your £10 top up could last 6 months if you aren't using it?

over a year ago

There's a lot of similar deals out there - but if you're a regular cinema goer - orange is handy for Wednesdays!!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I've never had a pay as you go, but I might consider it as a spare. Do you have to pay a minimum every month, or are there any where whatever you top it up with lasts until you use it up, however long it may take? So your £10 top up could last 6 months if you aren't using it?"

Yes. Although I found it more expensive to have a PAYG playphone. If I was getting to know someone then £10 didn't last very long. My playphone is on a £5 month sim-only contract and I never use the whole allowance but it has saved me money.

over a year ago

as it's pay as you go, if you don't wasn't to pay a fiver on a month you don't have too. it's your choice, but of course you won't get your texts.

Lyca mobile is really good for an alround package, ie unlimited date large amount talktime and thousands of texts but you are looking at around 20 for a months usage, again though its pay as you go so it's up to you.

over a year ago

My kids are on giff gaff for a tenner you get 500 mins unlimited text and a gig of data for £12 you get the same but unlimited date I think for a fiver you get 100 mins and 500 text don't quote me on the fiver one tho

over a year ago

Sorry that 250 mins

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

Lyca sounds good if you get others onto it as lyca to lycas free here in the uk isnt it? Theyll all rip you off if you let em.

Lyca ripped me and my ex fb off whilst I was in Turkey.

Im currently on 3 unltd texts (5000) unltd data 300 mins plus a smartphone all for £13 pcm thats capped so youll never go over £13

By *ady n the trampCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

we use giff gaff, for £10 a month we get 250 free mins, unlimited texts and 2gb internet. its powered through o2 but the rates are much cheaper

over a year ago

vodafone do a text and web freebie with every £10 top up

something like 300 texts and 500mbs of data

over a year ago

"we use giff gaff, for £10 a month we get 250 free mins, unlimited texts and 2gb internet. its powered through o2 but the rates are much cheaper "
Giffgaff is great as you choose when to or when not to add a monthly package and even if you don't their tariffs are low so make it an ideal playsim.

over a year ago

"we use giff gaff, for £10 a month we get 250 free mins, unlimited texts and 2gb internet. its powered through o2 but the rates are much cheaper Giffgaff is great as you choose when to or when not to add a monthly package and even if you don't their tariffs are low so make it an ideal playsim."

Yeah giff gaff is pretty awesome for an extra 2pound internet is unlimited..also join Facebook groups that are for buying and selling smart phones I've picked up some bargains

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/01/13 16:53:21]

Post new Message to Thread