Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reading profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I love reading profiles some are so funny. Some are a bit harsh. Some are a complete waste of time. And some are just way too long. Get bored fall asleep then think what lol. The ones that say no single males at the bottom of their profiles might find that bit at the top. Because not everyone reads the whole profile miss that bit and message anyway wasting everyone's time

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've noticed a couple of genuinely funny ones. I like it when people are funny; I don't like it when people say they've got a great sense of humour as a lead in to a tedious profile showing no humour at all.

And some are just lazy and shit. I hate the shouty ones. And the negative ones.

over a year ago

"I've noticed a couple of genuinely funny ones. I like it when people are funny; I don't like it when people say they've got a great sense of humour as a lead in to a tedious profile showing no humour at all.

And some are just lazy and shit. I hate the shouty ones. And the negative ones."

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I've changed my profile around a few times to try and get certain things accross. Made it 'not looking for meets for the foreseeable future!' Got more messages then that I ever have before.

Don't send me cock pics in big shouty capitals make not a blind bit of difference. Nor does my age range as I still get message by people 20 years above it.

Conclusion is that no matter what I put where on my profile it makes not a jot of difference x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Fibbers.....no one reads profiles, especially single men

over a year ago

mines direct n to the point

works well for me lol

over a year ago

I used to have no married or attached men at the top of my profile, trust me it didn't make any difference and still got messages from attached men. Even if it didn't why would I want to meet someone who couldn't be arsed reading the profile I've taken time to create?

Surely if a profile is not to your taste op you would save time by not messaging in the first place?

over a year ago

"Fibbers.....no one reads profiles, especially single men "

True. I've definitely never read yours.

Ever.

Honest.

over a year ago

People just look at the pics.

over a year ago

I just hide my profile ......job done.

over a year ago

"People just look at the pics.

"

That's a shame, they could be missing out on a really good song.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Fibbers.....no one reads profiles, especially single men

Ever.

Honest."

Did you just look at the pics????

over a year ago

"I just hide my profile ......job done. "

I've noticed lol shame really would love to have read it

over a year ago

"Fibbers.....no one reads profiles, especially single men

Ever.

Honest.

Did you just look at the pics???? "

Actually I didn't. I may be forced to now you've put the idea in my head.

over a year ago

I don't message first now as I always seem to get ignored unless its someone that knows me lol

over a year ago

That's a shame, they could be missing out on a really good song."

I only have on pic on my profile and half of that's been redacted!

Besides, 'Sing-along-a-profile' is a new concept on Fab, though I'm sure it will catch on in time!

over a year ago

Mines short and says it all !!!!! lol

over a year ago

That's a shame, they could be missing out on a really good song.

I only have on pic on my profile and half of that's been redacted!

Besides, 'Sing-along-a-profile' is a new concept on Fab, though I'm sure it will catch on in time!

"

That picture is for the sartorial perverts isn't it? I know.

over a year ago

"And some are just lazy and shit. I hate the shouty ones. And the negative ones."

I can't believe anyone gets any success off the shouty negative ones, likewise the lists of demands.

By *vana sukalotWoman
over a year ago

In a land of make believe (Derby)

When I'm perving profiles I look at the pics before I read the profile and if they've got no pics I just move on to the next profile

over a year ago

" The ones that say no single males at the bottom of their profiles might find that bit at the top. Because not everyone reads the whole profile miss that bit and message anyway wasting everyone's time "

No profile is too long too read. If it's boring you why would you want to message them? I'm not sure how anyone can blame the other person if they can;t be bothered to read it all.

over a year ago

"Mines short and says it all !!!!! lol "

Mine is a series of clues that will lead you either to a great and valuable treasure or to my front door, depending on how you interpret each clue.

over a year ago

"And some are just lazy and shit. I hate the shouty ones. And the negative ones.

I can't believe anyone gets any success off the shouty negative ones, likewise the lists of demands. "

Why? There are profiles on here that just say 'Will Fill in Later' and when you look they have a veritable cornucopia of verifications.

over a year ago

"Mines short and says it all !!!!! lol

Mine is a series of clues that will lead you either to a great and valuable treasure or to my front door, depending on how you interpret each clue."

Is it a Golden Hare?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

If 'their' profile works for 'them' then i would assume that they are happy..

none of us go into every shop on the high street when we are looking for something specific..

over a year ago

"Mines short and says it all !!!!! lol

Mine is a series of clues that will lead you either to a great and valuable treasure or to my front door, depending on how you interpret each clue.

Is it a Golden Hare?"

over a year ago

rivet rivet

over a year ago

"rivet rivet "

Are you into fasteners too?

over a year ago

I must admit that if the profile is too long I get bored and probably skip some of it

over a year ago

I cant read...... thats my excuse

over a year ago

"I've changed my profile around a few times to try and get certain things accross. Made it 'not looking for meets for the foreseeable future!' Got more messages then that I ever have before.

Don't send me cock pics in big shouty capitals make not a blind bit of difference. Nor does my age range as I still get message by people 20 years above it.

Conclusion is that no matter what I put where on my profile it makes not a jot of difference x "

Don't you use the message filters to stop them then? So much better than when I first joined and had all age groups sending me messages

over a year ago

I read profiles, I am in awe at some, so to speak, mine I think is far too long and I have changed it about 10 times since before Christmas, got a friend to re-write it the first time but to no avail, still got messaged by people I wasn't interested in. Changed it a further 9 times, still not happy but I give up now

over a year ago

"rivet rivet

Are you into fasteners too?"

Are u struggling with yours?

over a year ago

"rivet rivet

Are u struggling with yours? "

A little, I think it's broken.

over a year ago

"rivet rivet

A little, I think it's broken."

U didnt remember the saying "if you keep playing with it, that will fall off" did ya

over a year ago

"Mines short...... !!!!! lol "

Mine too....

over a year ago

We like ours, we think it reflects on us quite well.

It must be good because someone took part of it word for word and used it for their own!

over a year ago

"Mines short...... !!!!! lol

Mine too.... "

there are compensating factors ........

over a year ago

"rivet rivet

U didnt remember the saying "if you keep playing with it, that will fall off" did ya "

I didn't think it applied to zips.

over a year ago

"Mines short...... !!!!! lol

Mine too....

there are compensating factors ........ "

over a year ago

"rivet rivet

U didnt remember the saying "if you keep playing with it, that will fall off" did ya

I didn't think it applied to zips."

what does that saying apply to then?

over a year ago

"rivet rivet

what does that saying apply to then? "

Erm. Ears.

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

The ones I love are just: will fill later

And it stay like that for more than a year

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I hope people read my profile. I might get more offers if I write it in Latin for all the use it is.....

over a year ago

"rivet rivet

what does that saying apply to then?

Erm. Ears."

and u know wot happened when u fiddled with them as well - dont ya lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I read profiles, I am in awe at some, so to speak, mine I think is far too long and I have changed it about 10 times since before Christmas, got a friend to re-write it the first time but to no avail, still got messaged by people I wasn't interested in. Changed it a further 9 times, still not happy but I give up now"

Kinkykytten: yes, your profile is long but the only way I can think to reduce the length and still attempt to get across to people your likes and dislikes is to put it all into txt speak.

over a year ago

Always try to read profiles after I've checked their pics but often never get there because if I'm out of their age range I just move on .

Over long profiles bore the hell out of me , and folk who've got lots an lots of veri's puts me off too.

And it never reflects good on the person if there having a rant in their profile , nothing wrong with saying what you do or don't want but lines and lines of ranting in capitals , surely the folk you want to get that message to are probably the ones who never read the profiles anyway lol

over a year ago

"I've changed my profile around a few times to try and get certain things accross. Made it 'not looking for meets for the foreseeable future!' Got more messages then that I ever have before.

Conclusion is that no matter what I put where on my profile it makes not a jot of difference x "

But to be fair you got a cracking arse and the little head over takes the big head

over a year ago

"I read profiles, I am in awe at some, so to speak, mine I think is far too long and I have changed it about 10 times since before Christmas, got a friend to re-write it the first time but to no avail, still got messaged by people I wasn't interested in. Changed it a further 9 times, still not happy but I give up now

Kinkykytten: yes, your profile is long but the only way I can think to reduce the length and still attempt to get across to people your likes and dislikes is to put it all into txt speak. "

Know anyone that can do text speak then

over a year ago

Every now and then I have a random moment and change mine totally!

Not the preferences - just the content and tone. Not sure if anyone notices or not but keeps me amused!

And I do read others in full - especially the funny ones and even those that I have no interest in meeting - maybe I'm just nosey?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/01/13 14:11:40]

over a year ago

Damn phone !!! I've changed mine recently, but still not satisfied with it

over a year ago

"I read profiles, I am in awe at some, so to speak, mine I think is far too long and I have changed it about 10 times since before Christmas, got a friend to re-write it the first time but to no avail, still got messaged by people I wasn't interested in. Changed it a further 9 times, still not happy but I give up now

Kinkykytten: yes, your profile is long but the only way I can think to reduce the length and still attempt to get across to people your likes and dislikes is to put it all into txt speak.

Know anyone that can do text speak then "

Simple: Omit all vowels where possible, use numbers or single letters instead of actual words, and use 'lol' or 'pmsl' a lot even if what you've said isn't funny. The more unreadable the better, so forget about using punctuation or sentences.

over a year ago

Know anyone that can do text speak then

Simple: Omit all vowels where possible, use numbers or single letters instead of actual words, and use 'lol' or 'pmsl' a lot even if what you've said isn't funny. The more unreadable the better, so forget about using punctuation or sentences."

What no punctuation No grammar, sentences, omg I cannot cope 'swoons to the floor' pmsl

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

I've come to understand what a lot of single women, some couples and a few men moan about now in regards to people not reading profiles.

On mine, i have a select group i specifically state i want no contact from. Yet i get at least 2 messages almost everyday from people in that group chancing their arm.

A read of the profile would instantly avoid such confusion in the first place.

over a year ago

Mine is long (probably too long for most) but I feel I have to spell things out or get bombarded with messages from guys that I have absolutely no interest in. It's not my fault if they choose not read and still contact me, thats why we have the block list and delete button. I have plenty of genuine interest and have met many sexy, horny, fit hung guys just like my profile says.

By *layersdelightCouple
over a year ago

Stevenage

"The ones I love are just: will fill later

And it stay like that for more than a year"

Haha ours is like that!

over a year ago

My favourite is the 'Sydney university' angry legal threats..

over a year ago

Why do people that are not meeting, still have men or couples etc ticked on their 'looking for' list?

If you have an option ticked then you show up on searches and waste people's time!!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Why do people that are not meeting, still have men or couples etc ticked on their 'looking for' list?

If you have an option ticked then you show up on searches and waste people's time!! "

personally, because it's my profile and I will do what I want with it. Also, it means I can chat to people with a _iew to meeting in future.

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"The ones I love are just: will fill later

And it stay like that for more than a yearHaha ours is like that!"

...at least you are not new and you are looking for NSA...someone has been updating hahahhaha

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"My favourite is the 'Sydney university' angry legal threats.."
....yeah the lovely sydney uny. I gave him authorisation to use my pic as compliment.

over a year ago

"Damn phone !!! I've changed mine recently, but still not satisfied with it "
what have you changed it too??

over a year ago

Mines too long lol.I think it covers everything and I'm getting more messages from people that meet my description. I love reading people's profiles especially when they are right up my alley and I want to message them. There would be no point though if I'm not what their looking for. I would be quite embarrassed if the first question I asked was on their profile.

over a year ago

I never know what to write so I keep it concise.

over a year ago

"Mines too long lol.I think it covers everything and I'm getting more messages from people that meet my description. I love reading people's profiles especially when they are right up my alley and I want to message them. There would be no point though if I'm not what their looking for. I would be quite embarrassed if the first question I asked was on their profile. "

Not too long at all. Informative and useful.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I love a sense of self deprecating humour in a profile, appreciate good command of the English language and a bit about the person's personality. Ok, we are on a swing site and the idea is meeting for sex, nonetheless for me intelligence and personality are important and if the profile does not reflect this I would not (normally) be interested

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I am not ashamed to admit, I go straight to the pics

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I am not ashamed to admit, I go straight to the pics "
Nothing wrong with that at all - there has to be a physical attraction after all. I look at pictures, too.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I don't bother with all that blah blah blah nonsense.

over a year ago

"Mines too long lol.I think it covers everything and I'm getting more messages from people that meet my description. I love reading people's profiles especially when they are right up my alley and I want to message them. There would be no point though if I'm not what their looking for. I would be quite embarrassed if the first question I asked was on their profile.

Not too long at all. Informative and useful."

Thank you sexy, I've read yours and had a good chuckle xxx

over a year ago

"Mines too long lol.I think it covers everything and I'm getting more messages from people that meet my description. I love reading people's profiles especially when they are right up my alley and I want to message them. There would be no point though if I'm not what their looking for. I would be quite embarrassed if the first question I asked was on their profile.

Not too long at all. Informative and useful.

Thank you sexy, I've read yours and had a good chuckle xxx "

If you met me you'd laugh even harder.

over a year ago

"I don't bother with all that blah blah blah nonsense.

"

I've tried wading through yours a few times but I always get bored halfway through and give up.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I've tried wading through yours a few times but I always get bored halfway through and give up. "

short but sweet

over a year ago

I've tried wading through yours a few times but I always get bored halfway through and give up.

short but sweet "

x

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Plenty of other profiles in Berkshire. If Reading profiles are putting you off try Slough or Maidenhead.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't think people read mine. I get messages from men asking me if I'm bisexual. I've got some stock witty answers but I really can't be faffed to reply. It's the new 2013 steve: 'too busy fucking to bother fucking replying'.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't think people read mine. I get messages from men asking me if I'm bisexual. I've got some stock witty answers but I really can't be faffed to reply. It's the new 2013 steve: 'too busy fucking to bother fucking replying'. "

ooooo steve!

over a year ago

"I don't think people read mine. I get messages from men asking me if I'm bisexual. I've got some stock witty answers but I really can't be faffed to reply. It's the new 2013 steve: 'too busy fucking to bother fucking replying'. "

Are you bi?

over a year ago

One thing that does wind me up: people who think 'discrete' is the same as 'discreet'. It's fucking not.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've come to understand what a lot of single women, some couples and a few men moan about now in regards to people not reading profiles.

On mine, i have a select group i specifically state i want no contact from. Yet i get at least 2 messages almost everyday from people in that group chancing their arm.

A read of the profile would instantly avoid such confusion in the first place."

I have a several groups of men I'm not interested in meeting, the tone of my profile is designed to allow people to exclude themselves further, and men with the attention span of a gnat are of absolutely no use to me at all.

The 5ft 2 travelling salesman who can accommodate in hotels only got told why it was a no from me!

Sometimes I go when I read some profiles, daresay some do the same to mine. Bottom line, we're here to meet "like minded people". People are meeting so it works!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I like my profile, ive had the same one since i joined the site apart from the odd tweak here and there

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 28/01/13 05:51:51]

over a year ago

I read them, respect age limits, gender specifics, etc. and find that so far it hasn't done me much good. All those who show age range 18-99 would I think do well to consider it.

over a year ago

"Plenty of other profiles in Berkshire. If Reading profiles are putting you off try Slough or Maidenhead. "

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"One thing that does wind me up: people who think 'discrete' is the same as 'discreet'. It's fucking not."

If they separate it from the rest of the text, then it would be...

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I don't think people read mine. I get messages from men asking me if I'm bisexual. I've got some stock witty answers but I really can't be faffed to reply. It's the new 2013 steve: 'too busy fucking to bother fucking replying'.

Are you bi? "

Nope....

over a year ago

"I read them, respect age limits, gender specifics, etc. and find that so far it hasn't done me much good. All those who show age range 18-99 would I think do well to consider it. "

On the other hand, some don't care that they have such a wide age range though I doubt they would consider a 99 yr old

over a year ago

"I don't think people read mine. I get messages from men asking me if I'm bisexual. I've got some stock witty answers but I really can't be faffed to reply. It's the new 2013 steve: 'too busy fucking to bother fucking replying'.

Are you bi?

Nope.... "

Me neither....

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Are you bi?

Nope....

Me neither.... "

We can be straight together.....

Post new Message to Thread