Back to The Lounge

Old celebrity dads

Jump to newest

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

Robert DeNiro is 79 and just had his 7th child

Al Pacino just announced his 4th is due in a month at the age of 83

I know these men and their partners can afford whatever help they need to raise the child but still think its a bit sad for the child knowing they probably wont have their dad for all their milestones

What do ye think

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There's a lot of children won't have their dad for their milestones for various reasons but I think deliberately having a child after you're about 75 is not something I'd advise

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s just.. I don’t get why? They must be doing it for their partners. And their partners can’t be thinking about it from this perspective either.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Lots of people don't have a dad around as Nicecouple commented above.

I think that sometimes a person has the urge to have a child regardless of their age. As long as that child is brought up in a loving, safe environment I think it's fantastic. That being typed, I think there's an age when it becomes almost selfish. And I have no idea how an older man will cope with late, sleepless nights, running around after a toddler after they've devoured a cookie etc.

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

I understand lots of kids don't have a parent around for different reasons.

I was 41 when we had our last child....found it easier than the previous ones because of experience but not looking forward to being a grandparent if it happens eventually

A few friends the same age had their grandchildren overnight the weekend while their own grown up children were at a wedding

They were wrecked till Tuesday

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Ego perhaps, feeling like they have something to prove?

Or perhaps they love the person who is the mother and just want to give them something more than money to remember them by?

Or

Condom split

Post new Message to Thread